Sign in to follow this  
TUF

What Were Your 3 Favorite Travel Destinations and 3 Places You'd Like to Visit

14 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

thats because we are nice people and tend not to antagonize the handicapped m8

It's because you're soft. Facts.

no chit sherlock.   we didnt go all this way to build our reputation for nothing. every country has gotta be famous for something.  why else would we vote in the justin?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OzStraya said:

Don't go to Bali m8 you'd hate most of it. I've been probably ten times and every time I go the nice places are shrinking and western scumbags are spreading further and further. 

You must have went to the more touristy areas trying to pick up manly thunder thigh'ed Aussies. LOL kidding but nah i had a former friend that went for the same reason I've thought about going. Idea of going was mostly for a beautiful tropical secluded romantic get away trip with me & the GF. Hut on the beach kinda deal. I'll probably go to Thailand instead tbh because it has all that and more. 

Srsly though what a beautiful country and i'm much more of a nature guy even though i grew up city AF. 

Karma-Kandara-Resorts-1.jpg

feature.jpg

656373.jpg

• Like 1

Favourites so far: Canary Islands, Sicily and a bunch of places tied for 3rd I guess (Turkey, Greece, Portugal, Spain, France, Mexico....)

Top 3 places I'd like to see (and almost certainly will): Japan, Thailand, Australia

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StompGrind said:

Srsly though what a beautiful country and i'm much more of a nature guy even though i grew up city AF. 

Give me a holla if you want any advice or tips for Thailand.

DSC_0103.JPG

DSC_0109.JPG

DSC_0078.JPG

DSC_0090.JPG

3 hours ago, StompGrind said:

You must have went to the more touristy areas trying to pick up manly thunder thigh'ed Aussies. LOL kidding but nah i had a former friend that went for the same reason I've thought about going. Idea of going was mostly for a beautiful tropical secluded romantic get away trip with me & the GF. Hut on the beach kinda deal. I'll probably go to Thailand instead tbh because it has all that and more. 

Karma-Kandara-Resorts-1.jpg

feature.jpg

656373.jpg

Nah I've been all over the island and you definitely get that as well. Just for how far you guys need to travel you're better off doing Thailand like you said. PhiPhi island is my top 3 for that exact reason. Definitely visit if you get the chance. But if I find out you went somewhere that is only an hour flight away from my country and you skipped it I'm gonna express post you some spider eggs

6 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

BC is awesome... but Japan, Colorado and Utah would challenge that best snow claim. 

Colorado and Utah can GTFO compared to Whistler bro. Well Colorado is ok, Japan absolutely. Trying to plan a sneaky lads trip to Niseko atm moment 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marble said:

Sounds familiar Bubba!

Glad your enjoying it. Pratar du Svenska nu? Eller forstar bara lite du?

Reported for using a foreign language. 

Nah...i don't speak a word other than hei, tak and loonch. They're about to offer me a perm. contract though so I'll try and learn some in the new year. 

9 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Colorado and Utah can GTFO compared to Whistler bro. Well Colorado is ok, Japan absolutely. Trying to plan a sneaky lads trip to Niseko atm moment 

wait... are we talking the resorts or the actual snow? Whistler is awesome... but if you want that champagne powder it's Utah or Japan all the way. 

Want to go:

Japan, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, Iceland, Petra

Favorite places:

I have enjoyed pretty much wherever I have been, which is quite a lot, I can recommend: Patagonia, Portugal, Peru, totally biased with Colombia but I love to go there to travel and had to break the P sequence,  I liked Colorado, idk it depends what you are into, I like a lot of different stuff, big cities, landscapes, nature, adventure, culture, food and so on

13 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Nah...i don't speak a word other than hei, tak and loonch. They're about to offer me a perm. contract though so I'll try and learn some in the new year

Loonch???? Wtf does that mean you lost me there Bubba

When speaking to someone younger address them with a Tja or Tjena pronouced like shaa or sharena. It's what the cool kids say instead of hej san/hello. You can thank me later when your taking the office hotty out.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Marble said:

Loonch???? Wtf does that mean you lost me there Bubba

When speaking to someone younger address them with a Tja or Tjena pronouced like shaa or sharena. It's what the cool kids say instead of hej san/hello. You can thank me later when your taking the office hotty out.

Loonch is how they pronounce lunch. 

Yeah..i Do the Tjena thing. I reckon missus sparks wouldn't be too impressed if I took thee office hottie out but I appreciate the tip!

• Like 2

Never been outside of Ireland, been a hard life to date but with a new job hopefully that will be changing soon.

3 Places I want to visit are Liverpool, Canada and China

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

Never been outside of Ireland, been a hard life to date but with a new job hopefully that will be changing soon.

image.png.f6fe5f4fa5fded202c74ed3b8d79abaa.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

image.png.f6fe5f4fa5fded202c74ed3b8d79abaa.png

Supported Liverpool since I was a kid, would love to see the stadium etc, Have family in Canada and I am a lover of tech and China is basically the tech capital of the world

33 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

Would love to go to China to see the Forbidden City, Great Wall and the Terracotta Army, I’d even put up with the pollution reckon every day you’re walking about there must be like smoking 80 a day lol. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

Supported Liverpool since I was a kid, would love to see the stadium etc, Have family in Canada and I am a lover of tech and China is basically the tech capital of the world

by tech capital do you mean of pirated junk from originators in the US? You are better off going to America if you like tech...or maybe Korea, Germany, switzerland?

Edited by VertFTW
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

by tech capital do you mean of pirated junk from originators in the US? You are better off going to America if you like tech...or maybe Korea, Germany, switzerland?

Ah, so you actually do have no idea what you talk about, was curious.... China are by far and large the leaders in tech, yes they have ****ty tech too, but there is no other country that comes close to the tech markets that are in China

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

Ah, so you actually do have no idea what you talk about, was curious.... China are by far and large the leaders in tech, yes they have ****ty tech too, but there is no other country that comes close to the tech markets that are in China

Quantity over quality maybe but I wouldn't even put China in the top 5 in tech. Japan is our Asian overlord m7. 

3 places I never want to revisit

San Francisco / LA 

Bangkok

I love Thailand but that city is a nightmare

Paris

Overrated moneypit full of frog eating surrender monkeys 

3 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

San Francisco / LA 

Paris

Related image

What did you have against San Francisco though? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TUF said:

Related image

What did you have against San Francisco though? 

Overrated moneypit full of anything-addicted perpetually offended foglets

• Like 1

17 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

1. Lake Havasu

2. Vegas

3. Denver

I want to visit Dubai someday, that's on my bucket list. 

I'm visiting Norway next year, which is the one country i wanted to visit since I became obsessed with Norwegian Black metal when I was like 12. 

Japan is another

Loved lake havasu for the brief time I was there..

17 hours ago, Marble said:

Why the fook would you want to go there? Horses for courses I know, but really why, whats the attraction is it the luxury of it all?? I've done all I can to not go there, which is hard when you have a materialistic wife.

I've been living in Dubai for 6 years and it's not everyone's cuppa tea but it is definitely a pretty amazing place - that ayrab money has built some interesting Islands and buildings as Roids said on top of that there is plenty of nice beaches and insanely good hotels etc. Plenty of fit women from all over the world and lots of good places for food and a good drinking sesh. This place does come with it's flaws though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RadLad said:

Loved lake havasu for the brief time I was there..

I've been living in Dubai for 6 years and it's not everyone's cuppa tea but it is definitely a pretty amazing place - that ayrab money has built some interesting Islands and buildings as Roids said on top of that there is plenty of nice beaches and insanely good hotels etc. Plenty of fit women from all over the world and lots of good places for food and a good drinking sesh. This place does come with it's flaws though.

We looked into having a Christmas break in Dubai a few years ago but when you look at top 10 things on trip advisor pretty much everything on the list was a restaurant or bar on the 100th floor of somewhere. Would love to see those mega skyscrapers but not sure I could spend a week there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

We looked into having a Christmas break in Dubai a few years ago but when you look at top 10 things on trip advisor pretty much everything on the list was a restaurant or bar on the 100th floor of somewhere. Would love to see those mega skyscrapers but not sure I could spend a week there. 

haha this time of year is perfect temperature and there is defo more to do than dinner in skyscrapers lol but yeah there are plenty of those around... I know you're more of an adventurer type who likes to explore though so (not that I know you!) I imagine it wouldn't be your ideal place unless you're looking for a chilled out beach holiday. 

10 hours ago, OzStraya said:

San Francisco / LA 

Bangkok

I love Thailand but that city is a nightmare

Paris

whats wrong with san fran? was it the gay people,  the methheads, or the combination of both?

9 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

whats wrong with san fran? was it the gay people,  the methheads, or the combination of both?

When the naked guy at 1pm strolled down the boardwalk and I called a piece of **** then got filthy looks from locals like I was the bad guy it was enough for me. It's addict city. Not just drugs. Coffee (which was terrible) wine (also terrible. Seriously, Napa and Sonoma have a pretty good rep but even the $100+ vintages we sampled were average at best) food (average. Went to a tonne of top rated places there which very little was amazing) then the exhourborant prices for everything. 

And yeah theres way too many gays. And hipsters. And gay hipsters. And gay hipster meth heads. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

When the naked guy at 1pm strolled down the boardwalk and I called a piece of **** then got filthy looks from locals like I was the bad guy it was enough for me. It's addict city. Not just drugs. Coffee (which was terrible) wine (also terrible. Seriously, Napa and Sonoma have a pretty good rep but even the $100+ vintages we sampled were average at best) food (average. Went to a tonne of top rated places there which very little was amazing) then the exhourborant prices for everything. 

And yeah theres way too many gays. And hipsters. And gay hipsters. And gay hipster meth heads. 

did u get to experience any surprise buttsex while u were out there?

My only complaint about San Fran is the sheer volume of free loaders. Had a mooch wearing Beet head phones and Jordan shoes walk up to me and ask me for some money and got mad when I asked him for some money since he was dressed better than me. The city is 8/8 though.

• Like 1

he probably would have sucked your **** for a hit of meth m8.  he just doesnt wanna give up his jordans or those overpriced headphones

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

Way back when Mrs. Bear and I were both working, we traveled a bunch in the US.  Nowadays not so much. A few of the National Parks out west:  Yosemite, Yellowstone, Sequoia, Olympic, Crater Lake, and what I call Utah's Big 4 (Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce, & Zion).

@cashfl0w +1 on Englewood Fl, fantastic beach hideaway, and Oregon coast is a must.

Still too much to see stateside:  Most of the east, NYC, New England; Alaska and Hawaii.  In Europe, Amsterdam and Germany, if I could find my father's family's origins around Wittenberg.

Fook, too many places, not enough time.