Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Sijara Eubanks embracing recent fan backlash: ‘You’re gonna tune in to watch me’

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/sijara-eubanks-embracing-recent-fan-backlash-youre-gonna-tune-in-to-watch-me/

Sijara Eubanks

Sijara Eubanks has received her fare share of fan backlash over the last few weeks. First, it was when she was briefly linked to a UFC 230 main event flyweight title fight with Valentina Shevchenko. Then, it was when missed weight for the UFC 230 fight she ultimately got, an undercard scrap with former title challenger Roxanne Modafferi.

While Sijara Eubanks has of course heard this backlash, she’s not letting it bother her. Instead, she’s embracing it, as she knows her haters will be tuning in to watch her next fight.

“I’m having a blast, yo,” Sijara Eubanks told MMA Fighting after defeating Roxanne Modafferi at UFC 230. “I just fought at Madison Square Garden. It was a tough fight. It was a wonderful fight against a wonderful opponent. My family came out — I’ve got a lot of family that’s never been able to come out and watch me fight cause of the travel. I had a blast. A couple of people booed me, but a lot of people cheered me too. At the end of the day, a lot more people know me than they did about three weeks ago, so I’m happy about it, I’m having fun.

“Thanks to Joe [Rogan], a lot of people know who I am now,” she continued. “Thanks to me missing [weight] by a pound, a lot of people know who I am now. It is what it is, yo. What’s most important to me… I kind of do poke at fans, I kind of do [say] ‘ah go ahead, boo me,’ you know? I have a little relish in it. But what’s most important to me closest circle. My coaches love me, my family loves me, my daughter loves me. All of that’s important to me.”

“A couple people boo? Why not. You’re going to tune in to watch me next time. ‘I hate her, I hope she gets her head knocked in.’ But you’re gonna watch the fight so it is what it is.”

Related image

• Like 1

I remember her ...

... from the wiki result page -

* enough w/ the wmma fail, .. ok ufc, u had your little joke, it's not funny anymore - it's sad

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I still couldn't care less about watching this deluded broad fight. Can you imagine saying to your mates "Hey m8's! Sijara Banks is fighting now - you don't want to miss this one!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

... give Invicta a facelift and remove these eunuchs from ufc fightcards plz,

I said plz ? how about u swap some quanity for some quality ?

the events are to damn long, too much time between fights, too many fighters we've never heard of ...

Sijara Eubanks > if I saw her sitting naked on the sidewalk, I'd cross the street -

Roxanne Modafferi > looks like she fell out of an ugly tree & hit every branch on the way down -

.... I don't mean that in a bad way, just sayn'

Edited by Bezerker101
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

... give Invicta a facelift and remove these eunuchs from ufc fightcards plz,

I said plz ? how about u swap some quanity for some quality ?

the events are to damn long, too much time between fights, too many fighters we've never heard of ...

Sijara Eubanks > if I saw her sitting naked on the sidewalk, I'd cross the street -

Roxanne Modafferi > looks like she fell out of an ugly tree & hit every branch on the way down -

.... I don't mean that in a bad way, just sayn'

This isn't a beauty pageant, you know.

• Like 1

This couldnt be further from the truth. 

20 members of the premium forum met up specifically on the concourse at MSG to drink beers and BS during her fight. It was planned that way 

• Like 3

On 11/6/2018 at 2:04 PM, DoomPatrol said:

This isn't a beauty pageant, you know.

Lol. Paige Van Zandt is a bigger name than half the women's roster but can barely win a fight. WMMA is absolutely a beauty pageant.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/8/2018 at 1:51 AM, BarbaricBob said:

Lol. Paige Van Zandt is a bigger name than half the women's roster but can barely win a fight. WMMA is absolutely a beauty pageant.

That's because of the fans. The art is in the viewer's mind. Or pants.

I'm embarrassed to say ... I actually watched the replay yoder/abc denver, like watching 2 snails mate,

that's not sport, it's not entertainment either, maybe a pagan ritual exhibition, .. it was so bad

that casuals were leaving the bar during this mma defilement - the humanity ....

• Like 2

On 11/7/2018 at 6:14 PM, 12er© said:

I actually stopped watching when she came onto the screen tbh. 

Pretty sure CanPass is the only person who stayed tuned in to her fight