Sign in to follow this  
12еr

Hey, Deadwood fans, it's finally happening.

Ian McShane (Al Swearengen), Timothy Olyphant (Seth Bullock), Molly Parker (Alma Ellsworth), Paula Malcomson (Trixie), John Hawkes (Sol Star), Anna Gunn (Martha Bullock), Dayton Callie (Charlie Utter), Brad Dourif (Doc Cochran), Robin Weigert (“Calamity” Jane Canary), William Sanderson (E.B. Farnum), Kim ****ens (Joanie Stubbs) and Gerald McRaney (George Hearst) return from the original 36-episode run of the series from 2004-2006.

The film includes a new cast member, Jade Pettyjohn, who will play the character of Caroline. Her character info is under wraps, but the actor is next onscreen with Nicole Kidman in Karyn Kusama’s gritty cop drama Destroyer.

The plot, per HBO: The indelible characters of the series are reunited after 10 years to celebrate South Dakota’s statehood. Former rivalries are reignited, alliances are tested and old wounds are reopened, as all are left to navigate the inevitable changes that modernity and time have wrought.

Milch, the series creator, wrote the pic, which is being directed by Game of Throneshelmer Daniel Minahan. Milch, Carolyn Strauss, Minahan, Gregg Fienberg, Scott Stephens, McShane and Olyphant are executive producers.

The Deadwood series was nominated for 28 Emmys during its run, winning eight.

In July, HBO president Casey Bloys tipped an October production start for the film, and hinted at a possible spring 2019 debut. He called rustling up the original auspices for the movie “a logistical nightmare.” The network received a near-$4.2 million California Film & TV state tax credit for the production. The hardest part of getting the film up and running had been synching up the schedules of its large ensemble cast.

Pettyjohn is repped by Karen Renna & Associates and Innovative Artists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I never forgave HBO for canceling it after two seasons and canceling it out of nowhere with no ending to boot.

HBO won my love again with GOT and I guess this is just the a cherry on the sundae. It makes my heart warm.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 12er© said:

Ian McShane (Al Swearengen), Timothy Olyphant (Seth Bullock), Molly Parker (Alma Ellsworth), Paula Malcomson (Trixie), John Hawkes (Sol Star), Anna Gunn (Martha Bullock), Dayton Callie (Charlie Utter), Brad Dourif (Doc Cochran), Robin Weigert (“Calamity” Jane Canary), William Sanderson (E.B. Farnum), Kim ****ens (Joanie Stubbs) and Gerald McRaney (George Hearst) return from the original 36-episode run of the series from 2004-2006.

i dont have enough of these to go around :(

McGregor-205.png

7 hours ago, America said:

I never forgave HBO for canceling it after two seasons and canceling it out of nowhere with no ending to boot.

It's far too late to revive the show, it went down during the screenwriters strike...then claimed they couldn't reassemble the cast because of acting obligations, which means they wouldn't pay the cash..

Fuk HBO, I won't be watching...too late.

Movie premiers next friday for all the hoople heads.

3 hours ago, sobercuban said:

Only 2 seasons you say?

Hmm.. maybe I'll binge it

3 seasons. It's a great show.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, -idyb- said:

i wish i had a crack rock for every old thread ive seen bumped this week

I hope you get hit by lava.

3 hours ago, -idyb- said:

i hope your dog gives you chlamydia

I don't have a dog; retort DQ'd. 

Edited by 12er©

On 11/8/2018 at 8:04 AM, Bwana said:

It's far too late to revive the show, it went down during the screenwriters strike...then claimed they couldn't reassemble the cast because of acting obligations, which means they wouldn't pay the cash..

Fuk HBO, I won't be watching...too late.

24 minutes ago, Bwana said:

Do you remember when Bartaloni looked like a f aggot for coming into the GOT thread last week to tell everyone he doesn't watch. 

That's you right now. You can not watch something without telling everyone about it.

1 hour ago, 12er© said:

I don't have a dog; retort DQ'd. 

i hope your grandmother gives you AIDS m8

1 hour ago, 12er© said:

Do you remember when Bartaloni looked like a f aggot for coming into the GOT thread last week to tell everyone he doesn't watch. 

That's you right now. You can not watch something without telling everyone about it.

I watched every single episode in 04-06, you must not read very well...I was a huge fan of the show, it's 15 years too late now. I have the DVD sets of both seasons here, doubt you do....when they killed the show, refused to buy the 3rd set out of principle alone.

Edited by Bwana
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bwana said:

I watched every single episode in 04-06, you must not read very well...I was a huge fan of the show, it's 15 years too late now. I have the DVD sets of both seasons here, doubt you do....when they killed the show, refused to buy the 3rd set out of principle alone.

Of course I don't have the DVD sets; it's 2019.

I have amazon prime. 

We still don't care that you're not going to watch and having watched the actual show doesn't make us care any more. Now f uck off.

15 minutes ago, 12er© said:

Of course I don't have the DVD sets; it's 2019.

I have amazon prime. 

We still don't care that you're not going to watch and having watched the actual show doesn't make us care any more. Now f uck off.

You're awfully sensitive about TV shows, I loved the show Kevvy...but a 15 year delay is for azzholes.

It's a shame you can't handle someone disagreeing with your opinion, you need to to get out more and learn some socialization skills.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bwana said:

You're awfully sensitive about TV shows, I loved the show Kevvy...but a 15 year delay is for azzholes.

It's a shame you can't handle someone disagreeing with your opinion, you need to to get out more and learn some socialization skills.

It has nothing to do with being sensitive; it has to do with me not giving a f uck if you watch it or not.

I made this thread to remind the people did want to watch it. There used to be a bunch of people that liked the show on this forum and I forgot 99% of the good posters left already.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, 12er© said:

It has nothing to do with being sensitive; it has to do with me not giving a f uck if you watch it or not.

I made this thread to remind the people did want to watch it. There used to be a bunch of people that liked the show on this forum and I forgot 99% of the good posters left already.

I don't give a fuuk if you give a fuuk, interesting 99% of the good posters left....but you're still here, and you sure aren't part of the remaining 1% lol.

It's a Deadwood thread, "finally happening".....that says it all, now go talk to your dog or something.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Bwana said:

I don't give a fuuk if you give a fuuk, interesting 99% of the good posters left....but you're still here, and you sure aren't part of the remaining 1% lol.

It's a Deadwood thread, "finally happening".....that says it all, now go talk to your dog or something.

You kind of give a f uck if your responding to him and carrying a vegan attitude to the show.

hat does a time frame have to do with it being good, bad, or relevant? I would say the show will prove you right or wrong, but judging it on a time frame and throwing a hissy fit over it seems a bit over the top honestly.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

You kind of give a f uck if your responding to him and carrying a vegan attitude to the show.

hat does a time frame have to do with it being good, bad, or relevant? I would say the show will prove you right or wrong, but judging it on a time frame and throwing a hissy fit over it seems a bit over the top honestly.

He's such a try-hard.

Maybe CB will show up to back you up your stupidity lol

The show was killed, it's 15 years too late.

If GoT had never broadcast the last season, and waited 10 years for Martin to get off his fat azz and finish his book...then decide to "bless" us with the final season, normal people would be in an uproar to the farce.

• Like 2

Agreed it's way too late to just pick up where it left off. Will watch,  but Bwana has a point,  season 3 was a steaming pile of chit

• Like 1

I considered it an almost-great show even with it's maximum-tolerable level of cringe.  Several of the characters...pretty much all of the female characters, were just absolutely awful.  Some of the episodes had extremely loose plots.

There was a lot to like, however.  I'm not going to point any of it out, as a few posters might want to give this show a whirl.  I encourage them to.  It really was a shame that this series got cut short.   I'm not sure a movie will enhance the series or even do it much justice; this looks like a cash-grab.  I'll still watch it, knowing I will be disappointed.  

4 minutes ago, Megasoup said:

I considered it an almost-great show even with it's maximum-tolerable level of cringe.  Several of the characters...pretty much all of the female characters, were just absolutely awful.  Some of the episodes had extremely loose plots.

There was a lot to like, however.  I'm not going to point any of it out, as a few posters might want to give this show a whirl.  I encourage them to.  It really was a shame that this series got cut short.   I'm not sure a movie will enhance the series or even do it much justice; this looks like a cash-grab.  I'll still watch it, knowing I will be disappointed.  

Once again, proves you have the single worst taste this forum has ever seen.  Stick to watching karate kid on free Wi-Fi, retard.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OzStraya said:

Once again, proves you have the single worst taste this forum has ever seen.  Stick to watching karate kid on free Wi-Fi, retard.  

Quit interacting with me.  You and I don't have any connection, so the frequency with which you quote me and the animosity you have toward me is odd.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2019 at 12:09 AM, OzStraya said:

Agreed it's way too late to just pick up where it left off. Will watch,  but Bwana has a point,  season 3 was a steaming pile of chit

I enjoyed season 3. They aren't picking up where they left off, the show is picking up 10 years in the future from where season 3 ended.                

• Haha 1

On 5/29/2019 at 3:09 AM, 12er© said:

I enjoyed season 3. They aren't picking up where they left off, the show is picking up 10 years in the future from where season 3 ended.                

Of course you did.  Maybe Soup DOESN'T have the worst taste in forum history after all!  

Movie has leaked.  Top quality.  Downloading now and will watch tonight!  

Gonna spoil the chit out of it for any foglet who openly claims to have enjoyed season 3 just to be edgy.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, OzStraya said:

Movie has leaked.  Top quality.  Downloading now and will watch tonight!  

Gonna spoil the chit out of it for any foglet who openly claims to have enjoyed season 3 just to be edgy.  

You’re such a try hard. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 12er© said:

I claim to like all the stuff that everyone else hates but that's not edgy because I say it's not

Seems legit. 

Edited by OzStraya

8 hours ago, OzStraya said:

Seems legit. 

It has a 96% critic score and a 93% audience score on rotten tomatoes.

Most people enjoyed it. You're just a miserable old c unt who can't enjoy anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12er thinks he's Siskel and Ebert, if you don't love his takes then you're an azzhole.....lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 12er© said:

It has a 96% critic score and a 93% audience score on rotten tomatoes.

Most people enjoyed it. You're just a miserable old c unt who can't enjoy anything.

Cry moar

Overall it was decent.  Would have preferred it as a 8-10ep series to allow the dialog to flow a little better like the show did and remove the flashbacks that were a little distracting and overall a bit lazy - but in the end necessary given there's likely a lot of people who either haven't familiarized themselves with the material or may not have seen it in the first place and are coming in cold. 

Didn't absolutely love it but didn't hate it.  I put it somewhere between season 2 and 3 as far as ranking the overall work.  

8/10 cocsuckas. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, OzStraya said:

Cry moar

You said something stupid, I smacked you in the face with hard facts.

It's not called crying, it's called business as usual.

• Haha 1

I enjoyed it for what it was. The fact they got almost every single actor to return is impressive and I thought it worked as a stand-alone story.

I agree it would have been better as a full season, but I doubt all the various actors could have committed to doing a season. I know the guy who plays Al Swearengen is currently starring in American God's. I'm fairly certain Timothy Olyphant is in something as well, though it's name escapes me.

Playing Raylan Givens for six years on Justified definitely gave Olyphant a swagger that he brought to Bullock which was lacking when he first played the character.

I give it a 7/8.

18 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Going to give this show a try, the opening credits for S01E01 are starting now.  

Lol, I'm interested to see your thoughts.

Swearengen is a GOAT character.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, juice64011 said:

Lol, I'm interested to see your thoughts.

Swearengen is a GOAT character.  

There has to be a supercut out there of all of the "ϲocksuckers" in this show lel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/3/2019 at 10:07 PM, sobercuban said:

It's going to take me like 3 hours to finish episode one, attention span is shot

Did you enjoy the show?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 12er© said:

Did you enjoy the show?

Yeah, it took like 2.5 hours to watch it, everything was hectic that evening, I need to watch another episode but yeah it started to grab me towards the end of episode 1

On 5/26/2019 at 5:59 PM, 12er© said:

3 seasons. It's a great show.

Well,  2 and a half really ;)

Edited by OzStraya

Saw the new Deadwood movie last night, there's 1 1/2 hours of my life I'll never get back...what a joke and waste of time.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bwana said:

Saw the new Deadwood movie last night, there's 1 1/2 hours of my life I'll never get back...what a joke and waste of time.

They should have fully committed and done a season. I get they're all filming etc but they went to a lot of effort for a kind of meh result