Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

UFC men’s flyweight division being dissolved by end of 2018

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/report-ufc-mens-flyweight-division-being-dissolved-by-end-of-2018/

Henry Cejudo, ufc rankings

It appears that the theory many had is ending up to be true. Demetrious Johnson’s departure isn’t the last of the 125ers that will be leaving the UFC.

It started with the talk of current champion Henry Cejudo possibly going up to challenge bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw for his title. Soon after Johnson would head to ONE Championship as part of the first-ever MMA “trade".

FloCombat has now reported that the men’s flyweight division is indeed on it’s way out and there has already been evidence to support this.

That evidence being the release of Jose “Shorty” Torres and Jared Brooks who took to social media today to address the situation.

Jose “Shorty” Torres

Im the 1st to be let go. I didnt get to finish my UFC contract with 2 fights left because they are cutting most of my division n not giving some of us a chance to bump up n prove ourselves like myself. So now it’s time to move on to bigger and better things. Good luck small guys!

Jarred Brooks

Nobody called me from the UFC, they let my manager know,” Brooks told BJPENN.com when discussing the news, “I was just working out and actually, my coach called me. My coach and my manager are really tight, he said ‘yeah news is they are cutting the 125-pound division’ and Justin Scoggins and I were getting cut.”

“I would love to be signed by ONE [Championship]. They also have a 115-pound division and a 125-pound division that I can fight in. I think I am the best strawweight that can fight DJ (Demetrious Johnson) in the future,” Brooks said, “I can be a champion in 115 and call Demetrious out if they want me to do it. I’d love to fight for ONE FC, that would be great, that is what I am hoping for. I think ONE FC is a good eye for me. I am open to other things but I am putting that name out there.”

To give an idea as to who may be some fighters that won’t be getting to stick around and move up to 135-pounds, ESPN’s Ariel Helwani offered up some interesting insight.

"If you’re coming off a loss at 125, it doesn’t look great. However, legally, if you’re coming off a win and have fights left on your contract UFC can’t release you. That’s why you’ll see some go up to 135 rather than leave (unless they really want to, I suppose)."

• Like 1

there is a god, sink the ridiculous ufc/ wmma also ..............  yoder vs cooper, god save the queen !

Edited by Bezerker101

1 hour ago, Bezerker101 said:

I would think men's flyweight is more popular than wim-fights

I originally would have thought so as well. Just had a quick scan through the last couple PPV's from UFC 225 to UFC 230 there as been a women's fight on the main card for 4 of the 6 cards where as Flyweight has had just 1 and it was the title fight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

I originally would have thought so as well. Just had a quick scan through the last couple PPV's from UFC 225 to UFC 230 there as been a women's fight on the main card for 4 of the 6 cards where as Flyweight has had just 1 and it was the title fight.

I don't watch wmma, I don't know anybody off the internet that watches wmma. most prediction podders skip over wmma,

the bars here change the channel when there is a wmma fight on, I don't know any women that care about wmma,

my kids walk away from the monitor when women are fighting ... it's considered an ugly joke here .

#1- they're basically tomboys that fight like girls

#2- with the exception of K-Hot & PVZ, they're difficult to look at

#3- 77% of their matches go to decision

#4- Elias Theodorou has better hair

#5- they pull out quicker than a semanarian

#6- they can only fight when they're not raggn', it's a trap-

#7- no IQ, proof = Rousey married Hapa, Thug is marrying Pat Barry, Page got fakies, Michelle had a kid

and JJ thinks she beat Rose twice -

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

But what were the PPV numbers? Didn't Nunes just do 85K on a PPV recently?

1 hour ago, Bezerker101 said:

I think what is happening is that ESPN wants women's divisions to be 105-135, and want the men at 135 or above. I fully expect them to announce a 105 pound division for women simply to give Karate Hottie more spotlight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cashfl0w said:

I think what is happening is that ESPN wants women's divisions to be 105-135, and want the men at 135 or above. I fully expect them to announce a 105 pound division for women simply to give Karate Hottie more spotlight.

105 has most of the hotties

• Like 1

Just now, stehilton94 said:

105 has most of the hotties

Sure, but do we really want four or five womens fights on every card? I can answer for myself, and say **** no.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Sure, but do we really want four or five womens fights on every card? I can answer for myself, and say **** no.

I can't do that,  I need to find something else ... maybe darts

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

I can't do that,  I need to find something else ... maybe darts

Yeah man, if you want me to revert back into a casual, the best way is to stick five womens fights on a card. I will stop watching immediately.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

I don't watch wmma, I don't know anybody off the internet that watches wmma. most prediction podders skip over wmma,

the bars here change the channel when there is a wmma fight on, I don't know any women that care about wmma,

my kids walk away from the monitor when women are fighting ... it's considered an ugly joke here .

#1- they're basically tomboys that fight like girls 

#2- with the exception of K-Hot & PVZ, they're difficult to look at

#3- 77% of their matches go to decision

#4- Elias Theodorou has better hair

#5- they pull out quicker than a semanarian

#6- they can only fight when they're not raggn', it's a trap- 

#7- no IQ, proof = Rousey married Hapa, Thug is marrying Pat Barry, Page got fakies, Michelle had a kid

and JJ thinks she beat Rose twice -

It can be hard to get odds but to be honest I often enjoy betting on wmma for the sheer fact that you tend to some good odds as like you said there is less reporting and info on it. I forget exactly where, think it was Coral at one point gave me 1 to 3 for Suarez to beat Esparza.

Image result for easy money gif

2. For sure they're are other dimey's. Kunitskaya and Macedo for two. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jolldan said:

It can be hard to get odds but to be honest I often enjoy betting on wmma for the sheer fact that you tend to some good odds as like you said there is less reporting and info on it. I forget exactly where, think it was Coral at one point gave me 1 to 3 for Suarez to beat Esparza.

Image result for easy money gif

2. For sure they're are other dimey's. Kunitskaya and Macedo for two. 

you wanna get rich on wim fights ? just bet the opposite of my pick -

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

you wanna get rich on wim fights ? just bet the opposite of my pick - 

Hey if they want to give me those odds every time Suarez fights I will be taking them lol you can't beat free money

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

you would think so but i have a few friends who also ask me if there are any wimmin fights on the next ufc. Otherwise they not that interested. I think they like jackin off to ugly women wrestling or something. Nobody asks me if there are any mens 125 fights on, i think nobody like 125 mens fights unless they have a dwarf fetish.

Edited by PunchBag
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PunchBag said:

you would think so but i have a few friends who also ask me if there are any wimmin fights on the next ufc. Otherwise they not that interested. I think they like jackin off to ugly women wrestling or something. Nobody asks me if there are any mens 125 fights on, i think nobody like 125 mens fights unless they have a dwarf fetish.

I think a lot if It basically comes down to a lot of the time women who aren't that skilled just throwing bones until one gasses or gets dropped compared to a lot of Flyweight fights which even though the level of skill is super high can come off as more like point fighting.

20 minutes ago, PunchBag said:

imo,  jerkin the gherkin to ugly women always wins over .... - I'm not gonna say it -

if Modaferri went into a haunted house, they'd give her an application, she scares me,

20 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

McGregor called out the owner of One FC for basically folding the division. Told him to sign the entire division. 

Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) twitteó a las 10:08 a. m. on jue., nov. 08, 2018:
You must now take all the 125lbers that have been let go, Chatri.
You talk all of this Martial Art and respect talk, yet your greed has directly cost more than half a fighting division it’s chance to earn income for their family.
Have respect @YODCHATRI.
Sign the division.
(https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1060564645315002369?s=09)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

110, 130 145

Boom, im outta here for another week

10 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) twitteó a las 10:08 a. m. on jue., nov. 08, 2018:
You must now take all the 125lbers that have been let go, Chatri.
You talk all of this Martial Art and respect talk, yet your greed has directly cost more than half a fighting division it’s chance to earn income for their family.
Have respect @YODCHATRI.
Sign the division.
(https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousMMA/status/1060564645315002369?s=09)

Askren already rekt conor for tweeting this

17 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

I do appreciate the fact that most of them have tight tummies, nothing worse than flab around the middle -

not me. im pissed that the ufc wont sign nia jax

• Like 1

Henry getting right lippy with Conor, midget better be ready to catch those hands after TJ's through with him.

6 hours ago, King_Can said:

Askren already rekt conor for tweeting this

Was a terrible comparison as the Featherweight division wasn't folded after Conor left lol.

4 hours ago, CanPass said:

TJ Dillashaw is moving DOWN in weight to challenge Henry Cejudo for the 125 belt.

How do this make any sense?

Story just broke by Brett Okamoto 

Last hurrah for the 125 division? Go out with a super(mini)fight bang. Also as Shrelz has said, should TJ wins his stock rises in terms of PR and being a bigger PPV draw. Double champ BS.

31 minutes ago, Marble said:

Last hurrah for the 125 division? Go out with a super(mini)fight bang. Also as Shrelz has said, should TJ wins his stock rises in terms of PR and being a bigger PPV draw. Double champ BS.

Dillashaw could win four belts and still not be a draw.

• Like 2

Oh wow just to show they have no interest in this division anymore lol.

The updated UFC rankings this week which sees the unprecedented return of Neil Seery to the top 15 at flyweight. (They fixed this error soon after) 485 days after retiring from mixed martial arts.

1.jpg