Weidman_The_God

Props to Jacare

What a great sportsman, landed a perfect shot on the temple of the chris and was obviously done right after. Jacare recognized it and didn't follow up really, big respect for that. 

Definitely the biggest win of his career and he earned it. Jacare was clearly losing the fight, went for broke later on by turning it into a brawl...Weidman obliged by fighting like a warrior and paid the ultimate price. 

Very tough loss, The Chris may need a camp switch or to maybe see a sports psychologist or something. Dude has been winning cleanly every single one of his losses before something goes horribly wrong in the 3rd round, needs to figure out how to close out the fight. Would have liked to have seen him go for a few takedowns in the 3rd and close out the fight more efficiently. But that's something he'll have to figure out.

Still a big Weidman fan, and no I'm not going anywhere you damn bums. 🙂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I will agree .. Jacare was losing the fight.

Weidman is alright but it seems to me that he is not managing himself right towards the end of fights maybe ?

I think Weidman should re think some stuff

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

I will agree .. Jacare was losing the fight.

Weidman is alright but it seems to me that he is not managing himself right towards the end of fights maybe ?

I think Weidman should re think some stuff

Exactly there seems to be an issue upstairs within himself when it comes to closing out fights he is winning. Would like him to see a sports psychologist or maybe go to a bigger camp where they are better at working on things like that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Weidman_The_God said:

Exactly there seems to be an issue upstairs within himself when it comes to closing out fights he is winning. Would like him to see a sports psychologist or maybe go to a bigger camp where they are better at working on things like that.

I also wonder about him moving up.

Some cans will call me crazy, retarded, etc but do you know what ? If he slows down at 205 he will be ok because odds are the bigger dogs will slow down too.

What u think m8n ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

I also wonder about him moving up.

Some cans will call me crazy, retarded, etc but do you know what ? If he slows down at 205 he will be ok because odds are the bigger dogs will slow down too.

What u think m8n ?

I kind of like the idea of 205 right now, the landscape looks a little better and would be a good fresh start. Plenty of guys look way better when they move up like Kelvin, Whittaker, DC, Poirier, etc.

Weidman should move up and fight a guy like Anthony Smith, Latifi, Volkan, Corey or maybe Glover? Something tells me he would fight better without the cut and show improved speed, power, cardio etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Weidman_The_God said:

I kind of like the idea of 205 right now, the landscape looks a little better and would be a good fresh start. Plenty of guys look way better when they move up like Kelvin, Whittaker, DC, Poirier, etc.

Weidman should move up and fight a guy like Anthony Smith, Latifi, Volkan, Corey or maybe Glover? Something tells me he would fight better without the cut and show improved speed, power, cardio etc.

Yep, exactly my thoughts m8.

Weidman kinda looks 'weak' at 185 in my honest opinion.

15 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

Yep, exactly my thoughts m8.

Weidman kinda looks 'weak' at 185 in my honest opinion.

He looks in great shape every time I think, but maybe could look even better without the cut. He did look a little bit more beefy before the IV ban, of course the trolls will insist "USADA" but they shouldn't even be taken seriously at this point anymore 

Weidman ended Silva, we can all thank him in a way for that, but in reality he has not really done much else, he has beaten exactly 1 of the current top 15 Middleweights who is Gastelum, name one other victory of his that was a big WOW? There is none, thank you for beating Silva, but really you were never a title caliber fighter

1 minute ago, stehilton94 said:

Weidman ended Silva, we can all thank him in a way for that, but in reality he has not really done much else, he has beaten exactly 1 of the current top 15 Middleweights who is Gastelum, name one other victory of his that was a big WOW? There is none, thank you for beating Silva, but really you were never a title caliber fighter

Hmm wait a second m8.

He WAS a title caliber fighter back in 2012 and he did dethroned by boy Anderson.

I thin k his problem NOW is that he is not keeping up with fresh guys and always losing towards the end of the fights.

Jacare is great. 

His jits is so unreal as well. But he stands swinging as well. 

Skill I saw you rage on the 230 thread calling him a washed up can before the ko, only just forgiven you! Absolute beast, should of had his shot at Bisping I hope he fights the winner of Gast Whittaker 

• Like 2

i train out of Chris Weidman's gym in Ny, Longo-Weidman. definitely weird working out at the gym of one of my childhood heroes. i was about 9-10 rows from the Octagon at 230 and was absolutely heartbroken when he lost. my girlfriend and i were getting all hype going into the third cuz i thought he took the first round and was taking the third but man i can't even put into words how much it sucked to see him go down like that. i definitely think he's in the right camp and shouldn't move if he wants to continue his career. but he for sure needs to sit down with Matt Serra and Ray Longo to talk some things over 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JSW said:

Jacare is great. 

His jits is so unreal as well. But he stands swinging as well. 

Skill I saw you rage on the 230 thread calling him a washed up can before the ko, only just forgiven you! Absolute beast, should of had his shot at Bisping I hope he fights the winner of Gast Whittaker 

LOL. Yes, Weidman did caused me 3 rustles by beating all my peeps so yeah of course I will say something like that out of emotion m8.

Now, putting aside any rustle, beef, etc .. I do think Weidman could change some stuff on his game and do it a bit better.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

Hmm wait a second m8.

He WAS a title caliber fighter back in 2012 and he did dethroned by boy Anderson.

I thin k his problem NOW is that he is not keeping up with fresh guys and always losing towards the end of the fights.

SSSssssshhh, I am still salty as **** he beat Gastelum

• Haha 2

Just now, stehilton94 said:

SSSssssshhh, I am still salty as **** he beat Gastelum

Im still salty as ** that he beat Anderson (ruined Anderson forever) and Machida (not as much about Vitor).

lol

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

LOL. Yes, Weidman did caused me 3 rustles by beating all my peeps so yeah of course I will say something like that out of emotion m8.

Now, putting aside any rustle, beef, etc .. I do think Weidman could change some stuff on his game and do it a bit better.

Haha!

I actually gained a lot of respect for Weidman that night because of Jacare. Mad isn’t it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stehilton94 said:

Knocked out Uriah

Out grappled Maia

Killed prime Munoz

Knocked out prime Anderson twice

Out struck prime Machida

Finished Vitor quicker than anyone else

Only man to finish Kelvin

Again not to restate the obvious but he would have a much better and different story career if he didn't have those few 3rd round catastrophes. That really can't be overstated, I've never seen anything like it in mma ever

54 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

i train out of Chris Weidman's gym in Ny, Longo-Weidman. definitely weird working out at the gym of one of my childhood heroes. i was about 9-10 rows from the Octagon at 230 and was absolutely heartbroken when he lost. my girlfriend and i were getting all hype going into the third cuz i thought he took the first round and was taking the third but man i can't even put into words how much it sucked to see him go down like that. i definitely think he's in the right camp and shouldn't move if he wants to continue his career. but he for sure needs to sit down with Matt Serra and Ray Longo to talk some things over 

That's exciting good for you! 

Definitely a brutal loss man, probably the most heartbreaking one overall due to the circumstances. 

I agree he does have a good solid camp but maybe a change of scenery would be nice, at the very least he should see a sports psychologist or move up to 205. Maybe both.

• Like 1

Weidman is and always will be a crying, whiny, self entitled, little ****. Simple as that. If you cant see it, go to the optometrist and get your eyes checked.

• Like 1

Anyone who is 1-3 in their last 4 fights and thinks they should challenge for the title is delusional. He is now 1-4 vs mediocre talent at best. Follow Eddie and mighty mouse to one before your wife is a widow and your kids dont have a father.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BART-O-LINI said:

He is now 1-4 vs mediocre talent at best.

His last 5 fights have literally been against the top 5 guys in the world. Where are the elite guys if he's been fighting mediocre talent?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BarbaricBob said:

His last 5 fights have literally been against the top 5 guys in the world. Where are the elite guys if he's been fighting mediocre talent?

Not in the ufc. 

5 hours ago, Weidman_The_God said:

Knocked out Uriah

Out grappled Maia

Killed prime Munoz

Out struck prime Machida

Again not to restate the obvious but he would have a much better and different story career if he didn't have those few 3rd round catastrophes. That really can't be overstated, I've never seen anything like it in mma ever

Hes like the Buffalo Bills 

• Haha 1

Lol always amusing when Bart and I agree. 

Weidman to Bellator and pray they don't use his fake value to feed Moose's stock

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OzStraya said:

Weidman to Bellator and pray they don't use his fake value to feed Moose's stock

Well that’s already been done. Moose knocked him into the next week with knees. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Weidman_The_God said:

Knocked out Uriah

Out grappled Maia

Killed prime Munoz

Out struck prime Machida

True but that's him now went 1-4, and there is only so far "yeah but he was winning up until that point" goes.

Either needs a step back in competition at Middleweight next fight (Branch would be good) or a move up to Lightheavyweight and fight a Reyes, Glover or OSP can't honestly say I think he is deserving of a top 5 opponent right now on his current run.

2 hours ago, JSW said:

Well that’s already been done. Moose knocked him into the next week with knees. 

Thank you for pointing out what I had left unsaid

4 hours ago, OzStraya said:

Moose lost to Shlemenko in his first fight over there. Dude is a can.

3 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Moose lost to Shlemenko in his first fight over there. Dude is a can.

Lol he's the second best MW in MMA - and Shlemenko is past his prime but still no joke

And btw, it's not a mental thing that he loses in later rounds. His cardio is not good. Dude fades harder than big country lmfao

• Like 4

I also find it funny that props are given to Ronaldo for not hitting him after the KO

Could have given Chris that advice when he hit an unconscious Munoz 25 times in the head when he clearly didn't need to 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, PATSTER said:

I also find it funny that props are given to Ronaldo for not hitting him after the KO

Could have given Chris that advice when he hit an unconscious Munoz 25 times in the head when he clearly didn't need to 

I believe he hit Silva a couple extra times too. Jacare should've pounded his face in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Weidman is terrible.  He's been wobbled in like his last nine fights.  He's been brutally knocked out in four of his last five.  Yeah...  Send him to 205, where they hit a little harder!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Weidman_The_God said:

Knocked out Uriah

Out grappled Maia

Killed prime Munoz

Out struck prime Machida

Why?

Why do you say these things.

Where does this unrelenting love and protection derive?  Are you Mr. Weidman and that's your boy?

The reality is that I would be a much better looking, more athletic, taller and more successful version of myself if I would have been born Tom Brady.

15 hours ago, BART-O-LINI said:

Weidman is and always will be a crying, whiny, self entitled, little ****. Simple as that. If you cant see it, go to the optometrist and get your eyes checked.

You know you really shouldn't talk about yourself like that right? 😃

3 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Middleweight is the least deep division in the entire sport.

You would have to be literally functionally retarded to believe such a thing.

Whittaker 

Kelvin

Romero 

Israel

Luke

Weidman

Jacare

Costa

Branch 

Antonio Carlos jr

The only division that comes close to a scary top 10 like that is lightweight. 

14 hours ago, AndyWang said:

hey WTG

WEIDGOAT IS 0-4 WHEN WANGOAT IS IN ATTENDANCE NOW!!!!!

ILL MAKE IT A FIFTH EVENTUALLY!!!!

Stop going to watch his fights you damn simpleton. This is all your fault!!

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, PATSTER said:

Chris is winning the fights how exactly? Because I'm only seeing him get knocked the **** out.

Lmao I love this idiot troll

Tell me how do you feel about that ****ty ridiculous midget division FINALLY getting done with? And your favorite black can got cut and shipped off to bellator right?

• Haha 1