Sign in to follow this  
skillandpower

What Have You Accomplished This Year ?

Well, folks ... Thanksgiving is two weeks away. Yeah, it is the beginning of the 'Holidays Season' and guess what that means ? The year is fooking over !

What have you accomplished ? Whether it was something financially, emotionally, spiritually, etc, etc ... what did you this year ?

Happy Thursday, seus latas! 

• Like 4

I got straight A's for the Spring and Summer Semesters and MIGHT get a B this semester but A's in the others.  My GPA going in to this semester is a 3.886 with my only non-A coming from a class I took in 2008.  

I ate shrooms - twice

I got a good weed connection

I got a surprising number of blow jobs

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

I got straight A's for the Spring and Summer Semesters and MIGHT get a B this semester but A's in the others.  My GPA going in to this semester is a 3.886 with my only non-A coming from a class I took in 2008.  

I ate shrooms - twice

<{hfved}>

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

i made a pretty mean sandwich this morning

quarter pounder

dwQesjr.jpg

quarter pounder with cheese

ucOX5x1.jpg

u comin with me @sobercuban

Halo in 2018? 

V1gFLl1.jpg

• Like 5

i havent played it in years but i pulled it out just to do the update for my xbox one x. its just been sitting there ever since

people still play halo 5 m8. and there was the 4k hdr update for the  master chief collection as well not too long ago. still havent got to that either but i kinda want to play it through sometime. its been taking up so much space on the external anyways. maybe one day ill get around to it. i always thought the campaigns were fun and it brings me back to the good ole days

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

Materialistic I accomplished NOTHING ... NADA other than buying a second car that, in theory, I dont need but it was a good deal.

I just feel that I learned enough to be ready for a productive 2019 (yeah it sounds cheesy but everything starts on the mind set).

39 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

quarter pounder

dwQesjr.jpg

ucOX5x1.jpg

Nice, flaking yellow paint for free all.

i got out of an emotionally abusive relationship and found myself a girl im actually happy with. I've done DMT, thank you joe rogan, and figured out what i wanna do in life. my mental health has improved, im back in the gym, and i'm making good money and connections. at the end of 2018 i can finally say, for the first time in a long time, im happy with who i am and where my life is going 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

i got out of an emotionally abusive relationship and found myself a girl im actually happy with. I've done DMT, thank you joe rogan, and figured out what i wanna do in life. my mental health has improved, im back in the gym, and i'm making good money and connections. at the end of 2018 i can finally say, for the first time in a long time, im happy with who i am and where my life is going 

Good for you m8.

Im not happy with who Im at this moment and with a lot of chit in my personal life.

Be happy with yourself is very important .. I will get there next year lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skillandpower said:

Good for you m8.

Im not happy with who Im at this moment and with a lot of chit in my personal life.

Be happy with yourself is very important .. I will get there next year lol

the best advice i can give is don't rush or force anything when you're trying to better yourself or find yourself. as cliche as this sounds chit is gonna get better even if you cant see it. you've just gotta be ready and willing to accept whatever comes your way and make the best out of it. best of luck to you in the next year m8 i hope by the end you can look back and be happy with who you are 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bwana said:

Nice, flaking yellow paint for free all.

thanks m8. appreciate the feedback from the peanut gallery. ive banged it around in the last few years and ive had it for nearly a decade now so of course its not going to look pristine anymore. bro its a subwoofer box that houses my beloved set of 1200 watt 12 inch phoenix gold tantrums.  they were in my car for the longest time but i later took everything out and extended  my house setup.  ive even ghetto rigged a computer power supply to run the amp. my system is pretty banging now i got receivers and amps,  subs and speakers all over place

also functions as a great table and laptop stand

i couldnt give a f*ck less about the looks. its all about the utility.  i bet your coffee table cant drop bass like mine does.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

i bet your coffee table cant drop bass like mine does.

You're right, and I'll bet my dank doesn't have yellow paint chips in it either....Krylon, almost better than THC

• Haha 1

and its not flaking either. that was just scrapage  from a long time ago from having to drag this heavy thing around. its totally fine and clean.  if there was any chit flaking off i definately wouldnt dump my weed on there.  god youre such a fag

hey look i can rub my hands all over it in a circle and my hands are still clean.  dude wheres my yellow paint chips? i even washed it down before i dumped it all on there.  i may be an idiot, but im not that much of an idiot.

haters gonna hate but lets not go jumping to conclusions brah

Edited by -idyb-

I did some pretty cool **** in some pretty cool places. Then I started a new career and got promoted within five months, so it was pretty awesome.

I also rekindled my love of books and read loads, which I'm particularly happy with. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NoCakeForYaya said:

I did some pretty cool **** in some pretty cool places. Then I started a new career and got promoted within five months, so it was pretty awesome.

I also rekindled my love of books and read loads, which I'm particularly happy with. 

Been meaning to consult the fora about recommending a good book.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TUF said:

Been meaning to consult the fora about recommending a good book.

anything stephen king

ive never been much about books, just movies but theyre like all i'll ever read.

i used to read those goosebumps books way back when i was young. those were pretty dope too. i dunno if i could ever get back into them now tho

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, -idyb- said:

quarter pounder

dwQesjr.jpg

@sobercuban

14 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

and its not flaking either. that was just scrapage  from a long time ago from having to drag this heavy thing around. its totally fine and clean.  if there was any chit flaking off i definately wouldnt dump my weed on there.  god youre such a fag

Yep, I can clearly see now, it's not flaking...my bad 🤣

11 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

hey look i can rub my hands all over it in a circle and my hands are still clean.  dude wheres my yellow paint chips?

Paint chips are in the buds, hope those are gifts to enemies.

hehe mate. I guess i'm looking for somebody with a better sample size to compare a quality read, than "it's better than Goosebumps"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Bwana said:

Yep, I can clearly see now, it's not flaking...my bad 🤣

Paint chips are in the buds, hope those are gifts to enemies.

its not.

if you still insist i would be glad to capture a video of me grinding my hand against it and you can watch in amazement as my hands will still be clean and free of these so called paint chips. if that will shut youre hating a$$ up. there is nothing peeling off of there. it needs to be scraped and dragged hard against metal and concrete like it was before if i wanted to get any more off of it.

that was all caused from dragging this thing out of the car and into the house. and when i moved to my new house i had to drag that chit around some more. the box itself weighs a good hundred pounds. its not easy maneuvering it around on my own.  but thats now it got all scraped up like that. there is nothing peeling off of there now.  hell ive blown so many rails off that thing since then and my nose is still fine. obviously those paint chips arent making me any dumber than i already am

but i really dont give a chit. yeah it doesnt look brand new any more, but to me nothing is about looks. its all about functionality. i have speaker boxes all over the place i use to stand stuff on. the actual tables i have in here are all maxed out already with 3 televisions, video game consoles, stereo equipment and other electronics. i dont give a chit about going out and buying overpriced furniture so i just make due with what i got. as long as it gets the job done i couldnt give a chit how it looks.  unless its like pink or something.

god why do i waste my time going back and forth with one of my loyal haters?

Edited by -idyb-

its not.

if you still insist i would be glad to capture a video of me grinding my hand against it and you can watch in amazement as my hands will still be clean and free of these so called paint chips. if that will shut youre hating a$$ up. there is nothing peeling off of there. it needs to be scraped and dragged hard against metal and concrete like it was before if i wanted to get any more off of it.

that was all caused from dragging this thing out of the car and into the house. and when i moved to my new house i had to drag that chit around some more. the box itself weighs a good hundred pounds. its not easy maneuvering it around on my own.  but thats now it got all scraped up like that. there is nothing peeling off of there now.  hell ive blown so many rails off that thing since then and my nose is still fine. obviously those paint chips arent making me any dumber than i already am

but i really dont give a chit. yeah it doesnt look brand new any more, but to me nothing is about looks. its all about functionality. i have speaker boxes all over the place i use to stand stuff on. the actual tables i have in here are all maxed out already with 3 televisions, video game consoles, stereo equipment and other electrronics. i dont give a chit about going out and buying overpriced furniture so i just make due with what i got. as long as it gets the job done i couldnt give a chit how it looks.  unless its like pink or something.

1 word....glass

Just now, Bwana said:

1 word....glass

used to have a big square mirror for that kind of chit then i broke it. then i  just got too lazy to go get another.  this sub box is strong and sturdy enough on its own to crush anything on with just a card and a battery. i may be retarded but id always clean it down first.

i dont really care to do those kinds of fun drugs anymore. just acid every now and then and maybe some shrooms. hell the last time i put anything up my nose it probably would have been last year with dilaudids. i guess im getting older and burning out. just dont care to party like i used to i guess

29 minutes ago, TUF said:

hehe mate. I guess i'm looking for somebody with a better sample size to compare a quality read, than "it's better than Goosebumps"

well to be fair there was a point in my life where i pretty much just gave up on reading books.  that just happened to be in grade 7 when we first got dial up internet and i discovered the world of yahoo and netscape.

since i graduated ive pretty much done all my reading in front of a screen. thats probably why ive gotten so dumb.  but who the hell reads books anymore? these days everyone has tablets and chit to read these e-books with. hell even i have one but i still havent unwrapped it out of the box yet. as far as i know it sucks, it was a christmas present from work last year. i dont think i could ever really find a use for having a tablet so i was gonna get around to trying to sell it or something but its probably not worth much and ive had it stashed away in a closet ever since.  its an acer iconia one 10.   a google search tells me its not very good,  but if i can stand it up closer to me while im playing a game and use it for like an HUD map or something and have it interact with the game im playing that would be kind of cool. other than that i see no point to unwrapping it.

but i figure theres gonna be a time where actual books go the way of the dinosaur. and just like walkmans and vhs tapes, you'll pass a hard cover book off to your kid and theyll be like "what the fook is this?"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

A song of ice and fire. 

oh yeah game of thrones.  love the show never read the books yet. i wouldnt want to get into that anyways i might get too far ahead and end up spoiling the last season.

but from what ive heard from someone who actually reads the books she says alot of the stuff that happens in the show is different from the books. i still dont think i could ever get into it unless i just torrent some e-books and read em on my computer. but even still, im too dumb to read so i instead  just write novels on internet forums that nobody else is going to read either

Edited by -idyb-

well to be fair there was a point in my life where i pretty much just gave up on reading books.  that just happened to be in grade 7 when we first got dial up internet and i discovered the world of yahoo and netscape.

since i graduated ive pretty much done all my reading in front of a screen. thats probably why ive gotten so dumb.  but who the hell reads books anymore? these days everyone has tablets and chit to read these e-books with. hell even i have one but i still havent unwrapped it out of the box yet. as far as i know it sucks, it was a christmas present from work last year. i dont think i could ever really find a use for having a tablet so i was gonna get around to trying to sell it or something but its probably not worth much and ive had it stashed away in a closet ever since.  its an acer iconia one 10.   a google search tells me its not very good,  but if i can stand it up closer to me while im playing a game and use it for like an HUD map or something and have it interact with the game im playing that would be kind of cool. other than that i see no point to unwrapping it.

but i figure theres gonna be a time where actual books go the way of the dinosaur. and just like walkmans and vhs tapes, you'll pass a hard cover book off to your kid and theyll be like "what the fook is this?"

You underestimate the power of hipsters m7. Just saw on the news the other day where books retook the top spot of sales over e-books. 

• Haha 1

Just now, TUF said:

You underestimate the power of hipsters m7. Just saw on the news the other day where books retook the top spot of sales over e-books. 

f*cking hipsters m9. i fooking hate them.   i fear i hate them so much i will one day become one. just like trevor in gta5

2 hours ago, juice64011 said:

He can't resist playing the goatbox one

ill admit, the goatbox one x is the best place to play red dead redemption 2 in its true 4k glory.   if this game doesnt turn me into a vegetable, than that will probably be my biggest accomplishment this year

other than that i think my biggest accomplishment is still being alive after steadilly punishing my liver for another year,   but lately ive kinda been cutting back on the booze. the last time i was hungover it was a miracle i still woke up alive and all throughout the day i got to experience what dying was like amidst frequent trips to the bathroom to say my prayers to the toilet gods,  so im putting that down as my biggest accomplishment so far this year. i never want to go through that again.

Edited by -idyb-

7 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

on my way

says I'll be there in 43 hours (roughly 2790 miles from here)

thats only if youre not driving your ford.  otherwise thats gonna be about 200 yards of driving, and a little bit less than 2790 more miles on foot.  make sure to bring a comfy pair of jordans. and some nice warm boots. its getting cold and snowy up here now

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, -idyb- said:

quarter pounder

dwQesjr.jpg

ucOX5x1.jpg

You didn't need to post the forum in the background.  We recognize your raggedy subwoofer box m8.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

You didn't need to post the forum in the background.  We recognize your raggedy subwoofer box m8.

lol since most people here arent rednecks and have females too impress,  its no doubt the most ghetto coffee table on the fora.  but it shakes the whole house.

i wouldnt have it any other way.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

lol since most people here arent rednecks and have females too impress,  its no doubt the most ghetto coffee table on the fora.  but it shakes the whole house.

i wouldnt have it any other way.

Remember that time @cashfl0w and I shamed you into cleaning your living room?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Remember that time @cashfl0w and I shamed you into cleaning your living room?

it was my biggest accomplishment of 2017.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 5

I got a new job which I begin Monday, a Career I guess compared to what I was doing

Begun planning my wedding after getting engaged the end of last year

Will become a godfather by tomorrow

Finally built my new PC to be future proof after years of playing catch up

Been a good year I guess

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

I got a new job which I begin Monday, a Career I guess compared to what I was doing

Begun planning my wedding after getting engaged the end of last year

Will become a godfather by tomorrow

Finally built my new PC to be future proof after years of playing catch up

Been a good year I guess

no such thing as future proof m8 but welcome to the master race. i been meaning for a gpu upgrade myself but the price of the 1080ti/2080 is just so ridiculous now, especially the good aftermarket models that i want, even long after the mining craze has died. im not supporting companies with my wallet for deliberate price gauging so im not gonna bite until they go down to where they should be. or i just wont bother at all and ill just stick with what ive got. still great for 1080p anyways but my 970 is starting to show its age. the rest of my setup is fine tho.

Edited by -idyb-

Gainz all around for me. Nothing huge but all in all it added up big time.. I basically changed my values/perception & reconnected with the fire within over time. 

Physical Health & Fitness:

Nursed my back from a srs injury. Rededicated myself to fitness, nutrition & training martial arts again. Cut down on smoking cigs. 

Money/Education/Interest:

Picked up on my hobby side gigs ( Art/3D/Photography ) to supplement my income doing doing creative fun things i love. Started reading & researching different interest or mine more again. 

Time management & being more social:

Curtailed my fora addiction not wasting as much time on meaningless activities that make me stir crazy so i stay focus more on self improvement & being more social which i'm reluctant to do sometimes. 

Love Life:

Cut way back on fapping/pawn addiction & met a cool nice wicked hilarious pretty lady that doesn't live tew far away. 

Mental Health: I no longer get bothered much with worry, self doubt, Negativity from events or people,  the judgement and pressure i put on myself because i'm too busy grinding,  loving myself & life again like i haven;t for a long time which definitely helped me Sparta stomp depression like it stole stole my passion which it was till i told that b!tch she's had enough and doesn't want none because i'm tew stonk. I now know my why(s) & nothing can stop me.

When life throws you lemons & wolf tickets #Good. You got two choices to make. Whine about it and feel sorry or keep your sorry @ss moving & do something about it. 

#ThisIsWhyIGrind

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Spooky_Shawn said:

I don't think I have ever accomplished anything in my life. 😕

80fe1c73eda99fe8f20890a511fc54ff6658dcf1

• Like 2

I did a work speech/presentation in front of a fairly large crowd, which I hadn't done in ages and isn't something I tend to find very comfortable. I did it pretty well though so I was pretty stoked about that lol.

I have been a lot more proactive with what I really want to do rather than what I was doing for the last 6 years of my life. I was and still am now in a job that I don't really want to be in, it's not bad at all but it's not what I want to be doing for the rest of my life. I am starting an online diploma this week which I feel is necessary to start a business I will be opening next year. I am also in talks with 2 others start another business next year. That sounds stupid and kinda crazy to start up 2 new businesses next year but it is feasible as both do not require holding any stock or high running costs. One will be an events management company and the other is a software that teaches health and safety to construction workers in this country and my god do they need it. 

Apart from that I haven't accomplished much lol :(

• Like 3

16 hours ago, sobercuban said:

I ate shrooms - twice

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Most thankful for finishing  30+ years working for Uncle Sam and retiring earlier this year.

Now trying to make a good job of taking care of Karen, aka Mrs. Bear, who has major mobility issues.  Sucks not being able to get away for a full day or two, but what needs to be done gets done.

Looking hopefully to next year, despite all the political chit going on.

• Like 4