Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
skillandpower

What Have You Accomplished This Year ?

Recommended Posts

Very Awesome thread, Skillpower.

This year was monumental for my family. 

1.  I got a promotion

2.  My wife got a better paying job

3.  We bought a house

4.  I got into biking and a little of mountain biking.

I have my family, my health, and a nice house.  Things can always be better but if it doesn't, I would be OK with that...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BigDaddyDelta said:

I survived 

 

my biggest accomplishment in life.   i continue to defy the odds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jason_H. said:

Very Awesome thread, Skillpower.

This year was monumental for my family. 

1.  I got a promotion

2.  My wife got a better paying job

3.  We bought a house

4.  I got into biking and a little of mountain biking.

I have my family, my health, and a nice house.  Things can always be better but if it doesn't, I would be OK with that...

Thank JasonGOAT

Im happy to read all your accomplishments m8

Hope the best for you and your family and I hope 2019 is even better for you guys

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought myself my first pair of slippers yesterday.  Feelin gangsta AF right now 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had what the doctors call my first breakdown. Personally I call it my first beta moment. I wasnt prepared for the corporate world, am now. The feeling you could break the entire room physically yet was dominated mentally (wrong word but talks to the level of being attacked on a plane I wasnt ready for), and isnt something that would ever happen again. Breakthrough moment for me.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Genki said:

Had what the doctors call my first breakdown. Personally I call it my first beta moment. I wasnt prepared for the corporate world, am now. The feeling you could break the entire room physically yet was dominated mentally (wrong word but talks to the level of being attacked on a plane I wasnt ready for), and isnt something that would ever happen again. Breakthrough moment for me.

if you came out the other side a better man then that's far from beta, m8

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, skillandpower said:

Thank JasonGOAT

Im happy to read all your accomplishments m8

Hope the best for you and your family and I hope 2019 is even better for you guys

I doubt 2019 will be better in terms of accomplishments and significance but it can be rewarding in other ways.  Let me just take this time to recap a few things.  A few years prior to 2018, my household income was less than 60K.  Also during this time, I was going through my midlife crisis.  I was lost.  I was not in a career.  I debated whether to go back to school or not.  I struggled to find a decent paying job.  It was in 2015 when I got the break of my life...and that was landing the casino dealing job.  Landing that job was a miracle on it's own.  I was working in a call center during the day.  We lost our babysitter and so I quit my call center job and I started looking for a night shift job.  I applied to a casino for a few jobs such as valet, bartender, and cashier.  When I went to the interview, the lady asked me if I wanted to be dealer?  I said yes, of course.  2 months go by and I haven't heard a word from the casino so I started applying for other jobs.  I got a handful of interviews but none of them would take me....and then out of the blue, the casino called me and when I went in for the interview, they hired me on the spot.  I am so thankful for this one and only big break that I have received. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×