Sign in to follow this  
Marble

London fight night 16th march

Till v that rat snitch a possibility for the main event now that Usmans got his shot? Doubt Colbys got the balls to sign up, get ready for the home advantage excuse. Also with Diaz not fighting Jorge it opens up Leon Edwards v Masvidal. 

Confirmed so far Saki v Saferov, Danny Robert's and Claudio Silva, Cachoeira v Mcann, Marshman fights  Phillips. Tom Breese was booked against Di Chirico but the Italians pulled out. No time v Reyes in the works apparently, that'll be a highlight if it comes off.

Screenshot_20190106-220912_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Marble

On 11/9/2018 at 11:59 AM, Marble said:

Till calls out the spider. Good yard stick for the mw division.

970601FD-ACCA-4743-89CC-5DBE254B4CF8.jpeg

what a fine young bloke

6 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

what a fine young bloke

Makes you proud to be a part of the common wealth i am sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, -idyb- said:

what a fine young bloke

For a Scouser that was some what polite and eloquent. Chit, we can't all be Canadian. 

Edited by Marble
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Marble said:

For a Scouser that was some what polite and eloquent. Chit, we can't all be Canadian. 

if till was canadian and he called out anderson silva,  i got darren till winning this chit via sincere apology in the 2nd round

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 2

On 11/9/2018 at 7:59 PM, Marble said:

Till calls out the spider. Good yard stick for the mw division.

970601FD-ACCA-4743-89CC-5DBE254B4CF8.jpeg

Not even an ad lib. He had time to lay back in his bed and scratch his balls while carefully considering what he wanted to put out there into the twitterverse to entertain and to taunt. 

This is the best he could come up with?

Eight of the nine members belonging to this forum would clown him in a prefight press conference. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Denizen said:

Eight of the nine members belonging to this forum would clown him in a prefight press conference. 

Chit I posted that on the 09 November and people wanna bring that up now, a little slow on the uptake, I can excuse @-idyb- the dopes got to his memory but you as an Englishman, whats your excuse? 

You think he gives a rats @ss about what some nobody's have got to say? Or is he content knowing he'd body all of them full stop? LOL at menstrualflow, the rustle is strong there.  

On a serious note, you not going to this event?

34 minutes ago, Marble said:

Chit I posted that on the 09 November and people wanna bring that up now, a little slow on the uptake, I can excuse @-idyb- the dopes got to his memory but you as an Englishman, whats your excuse? 

You think he gives a rats @ss about what some nobody's have got to say? Or is he content knowing he'd body all of them full stop? LOL at menstrualflow, the rustle is strong there.  

On a serious note, you not going to this event?

My excuse is I don't live on the forum.

Yes he cares what people think/say about his public call outs.....uhm....It's why he and other fighters do it publicly, no? Ya know, to sell fights?

Won't be heading to this event but have funzies.

who can they give him at MW that would take the fight? Cannonier?

then have a Brunson or Branch fight Hermansson or something

2 hours ago, Marble said:

LOL at menstrualflow, the rustle is strong there.  

Says the guy who randomly posts about me when my last reply is November 10th. lol

I hope you recover one day, can. You seem to have PTSD. 

Thanks for the concern cash, It's nice to know that despite our differences your still looking out for me. It wasn't just your posting activity I was loling, nevermind. 

@Shkrelz if they want to build him up again at MW Cannoniers a big risk in my eyes, he looked like a beast against Branch. 

Low risk ranked Theodorou or Taveras? Branch or Brunson would be a good MW benchmark too? Whoever it is he needs to go back to his striking roots. I can excuse his tactics against Thompson but not versus Woodley. He gave his @ss up from minute one with his apprehensive attitude and the result was inevitable against a great all rounder. I wanna see the fighter pre Thompson or he's gonna get no where fast.

Edited by Marble

18 minutes ago, Shkrelz said:

imagine he lost to brunson though... he would be ruined. 

Que sera, if he aint got what it takes so be it. Ship him off to Cage warrior's and start selling wolf tickets for the " new next big thing".

Edited by Marble

UFC needs him and Leon to keep the 2 cards a year in england.. especially since Babajimi's brain is fried and since one eyed michael retired

Edited by Shkrelz
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Shkrelz said:

UFC needs him and Leon to keep the 2 cards a year in england.. especially since Babajimi's brain is fried.

$hit they'd still sell tickets over here under the UFC banner if they were headlining 2 Bellator jobbers. The only thing it would effect are my resale prices. They feed us garbage and we still lap it up when the tickets get released.

There is hope though we got Wood coming through and I see Fabian Edwards joining Leon at some stage. He should run through the bums they'll feed him at Bellator.

Edited by Marble

Tom Breese v Ferreira, that was previously booked for Argentina is on this card.

Rob Font and Nate Wood making respectful noise about a match up. 

Screenshot_20190109-184301_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Marble

7 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

What is it with cans bumping their own chit threads to keep them at the top of the page?

This one was especially bad 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With the Till V Colby rumours seemingly refuted by Colbys coach Dan Lambert, The Gorrilla has gone cryptic on Instagram with the words. Did you say. UFC. London 👀

It can't be....can it. Stranger things have happend, I recall Thompson's old man saying there was no way he was taking the fight. I get the feeling Dana ain't letting Till go up to MW yet, he kept Cowboy at WW for at least a year of asking. 

Edited by Marble

On 1/7/2019 at 1:36 PM, Shkrelz said:

UFC needs him and Leon to keep the 2 cards a year in england.. especially since Babajimi's brain is fried and since one eyed michael retired

Good point. A good promotion needs at least one fighter, can or not, from each country that hosts live events. For some reason, the "hometown fighter" shtick never gets old.

I will have to say that one-eyed Michael is back to two-eyed Michael again. They were able to complete the surgery on his eye (removing the gas bubble and stabilizing oil) after he retired. It still looks a bit different since he's had all the work done to it, but it's waaaaaaay better than it was. I'm sure he can see a lot better out of it now as well.

My mom had a detached retina in one eye a handful of years back, then after that one was done healing, the other one started to detach. I'm a bit more versed on that type of eye injury/surgery/recovery because of her experiences. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Well, maybe Jon Jones.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ijosef said:

Good point. A good promotion needs at least one fighter, can or not, from each country that hosts live events. For some reason, the "hometown fighter" shtick never gets old.

I will have to say that one-eyed Michael is back to two-eyed Michael again. They were able to complete the surgery on his eye (removing the gas bubble and stabilizing oil) after he retired. It still looks a bit different since he's had all the work done to it, but it's waaaaaaay better than it was. I'm sure he can see a lot better out of it now as well.

My mom had a detached retina in one eye a handful of years back, then after that one was done healing, the other one started to detach. I'm a bit more versed on that type of eye injury/surgery/recovery because of her experiences. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Well, maybe Jon Jones.

He said he still has a ton of trouble seeing out of it, but it looks much better because of some sort of prosthetic lense he wears. This is per his interview on JRE

• Like 2

I'll have to listen to that interview again. I know he had another surgery and got the stabilizing oil removed, but I don't remember that part of the podcast. Either way, no one with a detached retina is ever going to have 100% vision again. My mom, for example, has about 60-70% of her vision after her scleral buckle and subsequent cataract surgery (almost any eye surgery will result in a cataract lens). That type of vision retention is actually a very good outcome for that type of injury.

EDIT:

Excerpt from the interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbD-f7MOLpk

I don't know if he's talking about the replacement lens (which is a prosthetic by definition) in the eye or if he's wearing some type of contact in that eye. Either way, it sucks he didn't regain more of his sight.

• Like 2

Things just got interesting. This is turning out to be one of the best London cards in a fair while.

Screenshot_20190112-211411_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Marble