Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

***Future Contenders League*** DRAFT FRED

As we are getting close to the end of the year I thought it would be a good time to see if enough people are interested in doing the FCL again or for the first time this year to see what numbers are like.

Was thinking of changing the timeframe from the entire year to just six months.

Rules are below (please list any recommended changes below)

RULES

1. Players select one unranked fighter from every division (I will exclude Women's Featherweight for obvious reasons)

2. No picking fighters who are already currently ranked at a weight class and are away to move up or down to another.

3. No fighters who are suspended or injured will be eligible to use. Pretty sure Machida was still ranked in the top 15 when he was suspended even though he didn't get dropped right back in to the rankings when he returned it could produce some unfair advantages.

4. Posters will be given 24 hours to make their pick. If picks are not made in the 24 hour timeframe you forfeit your pick (this will help get the game going reasonably quickly. If we let everyone pick at their own leisure we'd likely be waiting months to get started.)

5. After the initial process of selecting your fighters you can recruit one new UR fighter every week.

6. If you edit your post in any way when choosing a fighter the pick is totally voided.

7. You cannot pick a fighter who has just won over the weekend until the next weeks rankings come out. (this is to avoid people picking up underdogs who be get a big unexpected win and then jump up the rankings.)

8. Winners will be decided by who's chosen contenders can rise highest in to the UFC rankings. They will be measured firstly by who can get the most fighters in to the rankings, secondly by the combined lowest total of all your rankings and thirdly if still tied by who has the single lowest ranked fighter.

Edited by Jolldan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, OzStraya said:

I still have no idea how this works, despite the clear instructions 

You are basically just trying to get as many  UR fighters that you think will break in to the top 15 rankings 

5 hours ago, Jolldan said:

You are basically just trying to get as many  UR fighters that you think will break in to the top 15 rankings 

He still wont understand.

• Like 1

Got a bit behind on this over Christmas so we will just start off on the Assuncao vs. Morae 2 card at the beginning of February.

So hopefully get a few more sign ups in the next couple days and get started.

• Like 2

Right with people joining and leaving halfway through the drafting process last time some picks ended up a little uneven so to avoid all of that this time we will just be going with a straight randomized list of those participating. If you are picking first in one round you will be last the next round. 

1. Fred_Flink_Stoned
  2. Andy Wang
  3. JSW
  4. Oz
  5. Jolldan
  6. RadLad

I have also randomized the divisions (excluding Women's Featherweight & Men's Flyweight) meaning this will be the order of divisions we draft

1. Lightweight
  2. Middleweight
  3. Lightheavyweight
  4. Bantamweight
  5. W Flyweight
  6. Welterweight
  7. W Strawweight
  8. Featherweight
  9. W Bantamweight
  10. Heavyweight

Fred you are up first to save this from going on for an age there will be a max of 12 hours between picks if you haven't made your pick by then you are simply passed over and you can make your pick at the end of that draft.

Anyone wishing to join after the draft can do so and make a pick for each division.

So Fred you get us started with your Lightweight pick

44 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Hell, if I only have to beat six people to make the winners list again.... I'm down.

27 minutes ago, BART-O-LINI said:

I'll play

2 minutes ago, Shkrelz said:

Ill play aswell

Why does everyone join as soon as im trying to get it going lol, right you three will be the last picks for the first two rounds of the draft (as it would be unfair if I took away RadLad's first pick) and I will re-do the draft randomizer with you three included after that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Shkrelz said:

also 12 hours is too long, we wont finish  before the fights saturday which could have draft implications. lets rapid fire this chit

less than 9 hours wouldn't be fair as we are a worldwide community and people often sleep for 8 hours ( not me ,but many do)

and if we tag the next player it helps tigger them i guess... 

giphy.gif

Edited by Fred_Flink_Stoned
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Why does everyone join as soon as im trying to get it going lol, right you three will be the last picks for the first two rounds of the draft (as it would be unfair if I took away RadLad's first pick) and I will re-do the draft randomizer with you three included after that.

I'm sorry, I spoke too soon, I'm out

Quick question though. Wouldn't it work better if players pick fighters from a division of their liking? People that are picking in the middle wont be able to get the best contender at any division. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

He’s ranked. Need somebody else.

My bad just seen it’s joint 15’s glanced straight past that. I’ll take David Teymur 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Right with people joining and leaving halfway through the drafting process last time some picks ended up a little uneven so to avoid all of that this time we will just be going with a straight randomized list of those participating. If you are picking first in one round you will be last the next round. 

1. Fred_Flink_Stoned
  2. Andy Wang
  3. JSW
  4. Oz
  5. Jolldan
  6. RadLad

I have also randomized the divisions (excluding Women's Featherweight & Men's Flyweight) meaning this will be the order of divisions we draft

1. Lightweight
  2. Middleweight
  3. Lightheavyweight
  4. Bantamweight
  5. W Flyweight
  6. Welterweight
  7. W Strawweight
  8. Featherweight
  9. W Bantamweight
  10. Heavyweight

Fred you are up first to save this from going on for an age there will be a max of 12 hours between picks if you haven't made your pick by then you are simply passed over and you can make your pick at the end of that draft.

Anyone wishing to join after the draft can do so and make a pick for each division.

So Fred you get us started with your Lightweight pick

Lol eat a bag of tiny Asian penises, Wang. Speaking of which, you will LOVE my pick. 

2 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

@Jolldan my pick is BW correct? 

No, apparently everyone has to pick from the same division until the following rd. I tried voicing my opinion, but it fell on deaf ears.

3 minutes ago, BART-O-LINI said:

No, apparently everyone has to pick from the same division until the following rd. I tried voicing my opinion, but it fell on deaf ears.

Wait what? I thought he was randomizing divisions so each player picks from their alloted division? Otherwise what's the point of randomizing divisions? 

49 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Wait what? I thought he was randomizing divisions so each player picks from their alloted division? Otherwise what's the point of randomizing divisions? 

If you'll notice, everyone has picked a lw so far. I think that screws the people that draft in the middle

44 minutes ago, BART-O-LINI said:

If you'll notice, everyone has picked a lw so far. I think that screws the people that draft in the middle

The two people, I really hadn't looked properly. Doesn't screw anyone really, this isn't about grabbing the #16 ranked dude. I'm just spewing because I had an awesome BW pick lined up smh

2 minutes ago, RadLad said:

can you stfu and make a pick please?

Really? I've got twelve hours, and I'm working now, and I've only briefly checked the BW division and made a selection. Now I realise it's another fooking division. I will when I get home and I'll tag the next guy. I was only asking a question, if you're going to be a kunt about it then I won't bother next time. Smdh

3 hours ago, OzStraya said:

The two people, I really hadn't looked properly. Doesn't screw anyone really, this isn't about grabbing the #16 ranked dude. I'm just spewing because I had an awesome BW pick lined up smh

Well there are 4-5 shoe ins to be in the top 7 of their division that are currently unranked, and if you’re in the middle you won’t get a shot at any of them

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RadLad said:

...I'm not Jolldan

smh

See how busy and sun stroked I am?! Lmao sorry m8. Anyway made my pick, please stfu and make someone else make a pick please :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shkrelz said:

Well there are 4-5 shoe ins to be in the top 7 of their division that are currently unranked, and if you’re in the middle you won’t get a shot at any of them

Quiet Sparkles.

20 minutes ago, Shkrelz said:

Pardon me, ya weasel. Good pick tho, the Gastelum look-a-like

Ha! Sorry bro I get cornered and come out swinging! Well he just beat the guy I was gonna pick so it was a given lol

13 hours ago, BART-O-LINI said:

Quick question though. Wouldn't it work better if players pick fighters from a division of their liking? People that are picking in the middle wont be able to get the best contender at any division. 

I just noticed this now.

There are 10 divisions to pick from and only 8 competitors so it would just be spun as unfair on working out who gets to pick in which order for the last two divisions. At least with this its totally random.

Also with this game im not going to say the draft doesn't matter, but its nowhere near as important as the camp league because a lot of fighters end up in the rankings who aren't even signed yet.

1 hour ago, RadLad said:

...I'm not Jolldan

smh

Related image

• Like 1