Sign in to follow this  
cashfl0w

Will Ortega land another homerun against Max?

I'm nervous. I rewatched a bunch of Ortega's fights today and the guy somehow manages to get his **** kicked for every second of most of them until he stops the fight with a homerun.

The closer we get to the fight, the more afraid I am that we're going to end up with this hippie dipchit as champion.

@PATSTER get in here and tell me I'm wrong.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I think Ortega is gonna win and I hate the guy. 

Oh man, imagine if we're regularly subjected to some of that SJW reformed gangster/hippie routine for years on end.

I might tap to that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Brian was losing a striking match to CLAY GUIDA and any idiot can knock Frankie out

Max will impose his will on this bum and might even submit him

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

If they both come in at 100%, I'd go with Max. But, that whole concussion thing is weird, not really sure what's going on there.

• Thanks 1

Max seems post-strokey (mini) ... lotta money goin' down on Ortega .... pickem,

if you were ever gonna avoid a fighter after a layoff, this is it - weigh in

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BART-O-LINI said:

If they both come in at 100%, I'd go with Max. But, that whole concussion thing is weird, not really sure what's going on there.

There are some video shots showing max at a basketball game with droopy eyes again...fight might get cancelled 

Max outboxes Ortega for 2 rounds then Ortega throws up a flying triangle choke and wins. OR Max shows up off another concussion/stroke and gets ktfo inside of 1 

UFC Canada (@UFC_CA) twitteó a las 8:19 p. m. on lun., dic. 03, 2018:
#WeTheNorth

@BlessedMMA taking in as many @Raptors games as possible ahead of #UFC231. https://t.co/JX4pJGbB7C
(https://twitter.com/UFC_CA/status/1069778279958278145?s=09)

max still has droopy eyes

Max is a beast, he's no slouch but he had better show with all his ducks in a row or else Ortegoat is gonna school him.

Tbf both Holloway and Ortega are elite level fighters, i'm always gonna root for T-city but either way this is a test for them both.

Hopefully both bring their A game on fight night, if that's the case we're all in for a treat.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Oh man, imagine if we're regularly subjected to some of that SJW reformed gangster/hippie routine for years on end.

I might tap to that.

Get used to it m8, Ortega's the future of the sport. He's taking all the gold.

Baldie already picked out his spot in the hall of fame, he's that good, lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TwennyFo said:

I just don't understand how you could be so confident. This kid has quite possibly never won a round in the UFC. So your confidence would have to be based solely on the fact that you think he's going to finish Max Holloway.

There's a very real chance that he gets exposed as the second coming of Volkan Oezdemir, somebody who was never skilled enough to be at the top of the division, really only got there on a string of lucky shots, and could very well never get there again. I would say the chance of it is about equal to him finishing Max.

• Like 3

Ortega is the El Cucuy of the FW division. There's only so many Yolo wins you can pull out after getting your **** handed to you round after round. 

The cycle needs to be broken. Once Holloway boxes up this hippy, Ferguson will also fall back to his rightful place in the LW division as gatekeeper. 

Edited by Bubba_Sparks
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

I just don't understand how you could be so confident. This kid has quite possibly never won a round in the UFC. So your confidence would have to be based solely on the fact that you think he's going to finish Max Holloway.

There's a very real chance that he gets exposed as the second coming of Volkan Oezdemir, somebody who was never skilled enough to be at the top of the division, really only got there on a string of lucky shots, and could very well never get there again. I would say the chance of it is about equal to him finishing Max.

You could very well be right m8 and maybe he's reached his peak and Max will expose him but I see it another way.

Win or lose to max on Saturday, I don't think he's reached his true potential yet, not even close. I truly see a kid who's got greatness in him, a kid who will get better and better with each fight in ways that will, at times, have folk shaking their heads in disbelief. Sure he might lose a few along the way but in the long run Ortega's a lock for a future p4p great.

I'm just nailing my cards to the wall before the train leaves the station. Choo, Choo.

Edited by TwennyFo

5 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

I'm not reading the trash replies but NO CHANCE.  IF Max can make weight he's going to destroy Ortega.

It's time for your weekly av change innit? You should throw a bet out there while there's still time, lol.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, LayDownDead said:

I have a take. Max will win.....

BY SUBMISSION

22 hours ago, PATSTER said:

Brian was losing a striking match to CLAY GUIDA and any idiot can knock Frankie out

Max will impose his will on this bum and might even submit him

NEVER lift another man's hot take

• Like 4

Ortega wins this in the late rounds via submission. Yes, he will likely lose a couple rounds before that but I think he will pull it off against Holloway. Both are complete, all round fighters but I see the belt being handed over this weekend.

• Like 2

Max gonna beat the living chit out of Ortega if 100% healthy. 

I'm hoping he flip to even or + money from all the manbun fanboys throwing money on T-City.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, TwennyFo said:

It's time for your weekly av change innit? You should throw a bet out there while there's still time, lol.

Say when, chump.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

True story for everybody picking Ortega by sub: He has never landed a takedown in the UFC.

Ortega is a boxer now. 

• Like 3

On 12/6/2018 at 1:55 AM, cashfl0w said:

True story for everybody picking Ortega by sub: He has never landed a takedown in the UFC.

Did he need one when he grabbed Cub and choked him dead standing?

• Like 3

Ortega is the future of this division and will be one hell of a champion that's for sure. Definitely the next massive superstar this sport needs. He will dominate this light brown slightly concussed string bean.

Ortega wins via Tko round 3.

• Like 3

On 12/5/2018 at 1:05 AM, TwennyFo said:

Agreed completely. Ortega is a very special talent and a massive star in the making already with a big movie deal coming up next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weidman_The_God said:

Did he need one when he grabbed Cub and choked him dead standing?

Are you smart enough to know why that same move would be a bit more difficult on Max Holloway?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Are you smart enough to know why that same move would be a bit more difficult on Max Holloway?

Ortega makes the difficult look easy. He seems to need only a split second to lock in his moves. If max dips his head and Ortegoat sees the opportunity he'll go for it.

Change my mind. 

2 hours ago, TwennyFo said:

Ortega makes the difficult look easy. He seems to need only a split second to lock in his moves. If max dips his head and Ortegoat sees the opportunity he'll go for it.

Change my mind. 

I think his point was that Max is a fair bit taller and thus not as susceptible to a standing choke....

• Like 2

gonna be a close fight but both of these guys absolutely suck so i hope it ends by 2nd round double homicide

Edited by -idyb-

3 hours ago, Yerbo said:

I think his point was that Max is a fair bit taller and thus not as susceptible to a standing choke....

Bingo. 

And he hasn't tapped as many times as Cub Swanson.

• Like 1

Ortega is a complete scrub mini blessed would box him up. Max dings his noggin till he quits and drops gets finished by a full mount GNP unconscious.

Ortega just like Pettis is a lucky fighter and luck can only go so far, eventually your luck starts running out and max is going to humiliate this hippy.

Max has great hands, this should be a stellar fight tonight...really looking forward to it, other than we'll be babysitting a 1 year old lol