Sign in to follow this  
skillandpower

Pick a Lane: 165 Division Yes or Meh ?!

It’s gonna be a division before the end of 2019.  It’ll probably be Khabib vs whoever for the inaugural belt in July, easy sell for international fight week.

• Like 2

will it happen? probably. will it be good for the ufc? definitely not. basically, 165 would become the new 155 on crack. it would be a division completely oversaturated with fighters. 155'ers would move up, welterweights would move down, bigger 145'ers would jump to 55, small middleweights would jump down to welterweight. the ufc and its rankings would be in complete disarray.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

will it happen? probably. will it be good for the ufc? definitely not. basically, 165 would become the new 155 on crack. it would be a division completely oversaturated with fighters. 155'ers would move up, welterweights would move down, bigger 145'ers would jump to 55, small middleweights would jump down to welterweight. the ufc and its rankings would be in complete disarray.

In the short term maybe but it would sort itself out. If they get rid of 125 they will need to replace those fighters and belt. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, juice64011 said:

In the short term maybe but it would sort itself out. If they get rid of 125 they will need to replace those fighters and belt. 

i have a feeling if it happens 135 would just be the new 125 

2 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Make Conor the inaugural champ and maybe

Conor can't fight at his walk-around  weight because his body isn't used to it.

- Dumb Canor fans after losing to Diaz. 

7 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

Hmm yeah but I think thats when the organiozation (UFC) steps in and makes decisions maybe ?

Nah, I say get rid of some divisions and give them a 10lb gimme for weight either way. 

Example- 125lb and 135lb division should be scrapped in favor of a 130lb-140lb division etc. 

Heavyweights sometimes are at s 40lb disadvantage and dont **** about it, let these half of a man midgets do the same thing. 

• Like 3

Also, make them weigh in right before they walk out to the cage. 

When I wrestled in high school we weighed in an hour before competition. I only remember one feg having to cut weight consistently by wearing a garbage bag and sweat pants and that was only because he was our 125er. Everyone else was on point for weigh ins. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Also, make them weigh in right before they walk out to the cage. 

When I wrestled in high school we weighed in an hour before competition. I only remember one feg having to cut weight consistently by wearing a garbage bag and sweat pants and that was only because he was our 125er. Everyone else was on point for weigh ins. 

OneFC (The greatest current MMA organisation) does this. UFC need to follow suit

• Like 1

16 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Nah, I say get rid of some divisions and give them a 10lb gimme for weight either way. 

Example- 125lb and 135lb division should be scrapped in favor of a 130lb-140lb division etc. 

Heavyweights sometimes are at s 40lb disadvantage and dont **** about it, let these half of a man midgets do the same thing. 

Nah, fook the 10 gimme, keep the 1.5

Don't scrap 125, move it to 130.  Chit, move all the divisions up 5 lbs.

20 hours ago, skillandpower said:

Straight up question.

Do you think it will ever happen although baldy is saying no ?

Happy Taco Tuesday seus latas!

This should pretty much tell you its happening

I don't buy this whole it will make divisions too thin argument as the average weight of men from North America is 177lb, Oceania 163lb and Europe 156lb. (3 of the biggest pools of fighters).

So the entire average of 100's of millions of the male population of the US, Europe and Oceania fall within a 19lbs gap of each other then im pretty sure you can fill a top 15.

Edited by Jolldan
  • Like 1

Honestly though this is just an excuse for guys that can't get it done at 170 or 155

Stop begging for a new division and win fights 

• Like 1

I feel like it is going to happen, but I think you'd have to then make 175 the WW, not 170. Don't think you can have them so close together. I think the UFC would benefit the most because now people that already sit on top of divisions would drop down or go up that people already know and fight for titles and more marketing.

But, while typing that, it also could dilute the division because people that come to mind are guys like Cowboy, maybe Nate, Felder, Jorge, Magny, Chiesa...guys who are killing themselves to make 155, but may be a little small and lose power to the bigger guys at 170. You could end up with a bunch of guys that have a name behind them but aren't the greatest. Guys that can't beat the champions now. Which is probably what people will consider the division. 

8 hours ago, Jolldan said:

This should pretty much tell you its happening

I don't buy this whole it will make divisions too thin argument as the average weight of men from North America is 177lb, Oceania 163lb and Europe 156lb. (3 of the biggest pools of fighters).

So the entire average of 100's of millions of the male population of the US, Europe and Oceania fall within a 19lbs gap of each other then im pretty sure you can fill a top 15.

Oceania and Europe are full of one dimensional cans tho

• Like 1

15 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Oceania and Europe are full of one dimensional cans tho

Who even says Oceania??

Plus don't lump us in with those cans. We're bad but not that bad. 

• Haha 1