Sign in to follow this  
juice64011

Are top 20 university degrees a scam?

1 minute ago, VertFTW said:

can you clarify....

a scam with respect to employers or people getting the degree?

A scam where you claim to have gone to a top 20.university but have no evidence of such. And judging by how you post, sound, and act around here, people highly doubt that you managed to get into the Guatamala School of Remedial Breathing m8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

A scam where you claim to have gone to a top 20.university but have no evidence of such. And judging by how you post, sound, and act around here, people highly doubt that you managed to get into the Guatamala School of Remedial Breathing m8

posted a pic of my degree here.

1 minute ago, VertFTW said:

Anyone can grab a pic off the internet. Also, you should get your pesos back, because you're dumb as a toaster leaven. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

In brain damage and kidney stones,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,from water.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Lol, you had to move to a third world country to get a tech job.

Created a thread to ask if bottled water was a scam. Meanwhile he's using bottled water to brush his teeth. lol

16 minutes ago, Fred_Flink_Stoned said:

These Yale SJW students are stupid af.

isn't that like top 5 in the US? 

smh i feel bad for our future 

Colleges are built to indoctrinate students and turn them into SJWs. But I agree, if you're not smart enough to understand that you're being manipulated into behaving a certain way, you probably aren't that intelligent at all.

• Like 1

as someone who was a part of undergraduate and graduate recruiting for a fortune 50 company, i can tell you its not a scam.. they would literally not read other resumes from worse schools for some positions.

Edited by Shkrelz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, bringerofrain said:

Probably the only degrees that aren’t a scam. Nobody cares if you got a degree from some community college. 

Top-20 universities have tons of completely worthless Liberal Arts degrees, lets be real.  

• Like 1

Just now, sobercuban said:

Top-20 universities have tons of completely worthless Liberal Arts degrees, lets be real.  

Agreed. I should have specified. All the liberal arts BS degrees are scams. Know many idiots with college debt so they could major in some stupid chit that qualifies them for nothing. If your going to pay for college major in a degree that qualifies you to actually do something of value. 

• Like 1

Just now, bringerofrain said:

Agreed. I should have specified. All the liberal arts BS degrees are scams. Know many idiots with college debt so they could major in some stupid chit that qualifies them for nothing. If your going to pay for college major in a degree that qualifies you to actually do something of value. 

I have an old roommate who got $80,000 in debt getting a history degree.  Today he installs floors.  Such a waste.  

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

there are communications and LA people that graduate from ivy league schools that make bank...lol yeah thats a scam but I guess some companies have a "obligation" to hire within the upper circles.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

I have an old roommate who got $80,000 in debt getting a history degree.  Today he installs floors.  Such a waste.  

Damn that is sad but I believe it.

I see people's pay checks all the time and you would be surprised how much money some ppl with degree are making!

Truck drivers are making waaaaaay more money than a lot (and I mean a lot) of ppl with degrees out there

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

I see people's pay checks all the time and you would be surprised how much money some ppl with degree are making!

Truck drivers are making waaaaaay more money than a lot (and I mean a lot) of ppl with degrees out there

So are some construction dudes but I am not doing that job

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

From the time I was 25, I've had people working under me with degrees, earning less than my "then uneducated" ***.  I'm hoping once I complete the degrees I'm working towards I can keep that trend going, into something with a higher ceiling.  

You definitely don't need a degree to be successful if you have some other skill.  Good mechanics make a ****load of money.  Contractors that were working for us doing Dish Network installs were making over $100,000, many of them, lots more at $80,000 and up.  Only worthless workers made under $50,000.  Sales is another thing, if you can sell, nobody cares about your education, just your results.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

Definitely. You can drive a semi in western ND hauling water to and from oil sites which is about a 30 minute drive and then 30 minutes to load or unload and make $125k a year. The location sucks, the hours suck, and it's boring but cost of living isnt bad so you could get ahead quickly. 

If you get certified to haul hazardous materials you can make $250k-$450k a year. It's a crazy

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

Definitely. You can drive a semi in western ND hauling water to and from oil sites which is about a 30 minute drive and then 30 minutes to load or unload and make $125k a year. The location sucks, the hours suck, and it's boring but cost of living isnt bad so you could get ahead quickly. 

If you get certified to haul hazardous materials you can make $250k-$450k a year. It's a crazy

A buddy of mine has the full CDL Hazmat licensing, hours and conditions suck,,,,but he makes decent bank considering his minimal education and motivation level.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 9:40 PM, cashfl0w said:

Colleges are built to indoctrinate students and turn them into SJWs. But I agree, if you're not smart enough to understand that you're being manipulated into behaving a certain way, you probably aren't that intelligent at all.

Troof

• Like 1

On 12/12/2018 at 6:10 AM, cashfl0w said:

It's as bad as you think.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Yup.  The longer you stay in it, the worse it gets.  

I think I just want to live to Max 75-80 and thats it.

Seems like living longer is cringe

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

I think I just want to live to Max 75-80 and thats it.

Seems like living longer is cringe

My grandma will be 91 in March.  It's crazy, she's not physically decrepit, but she doesn't remember anything.  Like she knows me, my wife, my mom, etc but she has no idea how we are related.  She was telling my wife stories about how my grandma and I both grew up in the 30's, all kinds of stuff.  

TBH though, I think if I were to live that long I'd want to forget too.  Much rather have my mind go that be sharp as a tack but trapped in a broken old body.  

I haven't done a good job taking care of myself.  I'm sure I'll be long dead before I have to worry about my mind turning to mush.  

50 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

My grandma will be 91 in March.  It's crazy, she's not physically decrepit, but she doesn't remember anything.  Like she knows me, my wife, my mom, etc but she has no idea how we are related.  She was telling my wife stories about how my grandma and I both grew up in the 30's, all kinds of stuff.  

TBH though, I think if I were to live that long I'd want to forget too.  Much rather have my mind go that be sharp as a tack but trapped in a broken old body.  

I haven't done a good job taking care of myself.  I'm sure I'll be long dead before I have to worry about my mind turning to mush.  

is she single?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bwana said:

Betting she makes cookies.

i just want to know an address so i can wrap myself up in a box and deliver myself to her door in time for christmas.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

i just want to know an address so i can wrap myself up in a box and deliver myself to her door in time for christmas.

girl-ups.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bwana said:

Betting she makes cookies.

She don't cook **** now.  She'd burn the old folks home down. 

It's crazy because she has reverted to some sort of jr high "mean chick".  She just flirts with the men and hates on the women.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

She don't cook **** now.  She'd burn the old folks home down. 

It's crazy because she has reverted to some sort of jr high "mean chick".  She just flirts with the men and hates on the women.  

i could get down with that

• Like 1