Sign in to follow this  
Mcmax3000

January PPV Has Been Cancelled

They should just have 5 or 6 ppvs a year and more fight nights. The cards are garbage for the most part anyway. 

If they had three title fights on a card and three good title contender fights, I'd gladly drop $100 an event. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

They should just have 5 or 6 ppvs a year and more fight nights

Or... Hear me out on this one... Maybe they cut back on PPVs and just have less cards so that the cards are better.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Mcmax3000 said:

Or... Hear me out on this one... Maybe they cut back on PPVs and just have less cards so that the cards are better.

yeah I remember looking forward to a UFC event and knowing everyone fighting in them, now there is a ton of event full of unknown people that you just could not care less about.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, PunchBag said:

lawler pull out?

Him vs. Askren is not PPV main event quality. 

10 minutes ago, Mcmax3000 said:

This is the answer.

You don't need 40 cards a year. You need 25 tops.

• Like 4

PPV every other month will be perfect because as it is right now, about 1 out of every 3 are good. If you can condense them and put out a good fight night or two in between I think viewership and a better overall product will go up. I feel they put a lot of emphasis on making sure there is a title fight on each card but with the right marketing, which hasn't been good, you can put a non-title fight up in a main event. Put out a fight people want to watch and they will watch it. Seems like they slap a gold belt on the flyer and people will automatically watch it. Maybe it gets people to go to BWW or Hooters to watch but it doesn't make people at home buy it. 

UFC ppv's are not ppv quality anyway, we have maybe 1 or 2 worth being called ppv out of all the entire year. They seriously either need to do a massive recruitment drive or cut the number of events they do in half

13 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

UFC ppv's are not ppv quality anyway, we have maybe 1 or 2 worth being called ppv out of all the entire year. They seriously either need to do a massive recruitment drive or cut the number of events they do in half

Agreed the PPV's are really struggling of late. I am really glad we here in Ireland don't have to pay to watch PPV events, well apart from our subscription to a sports channel. A lot of the PPV's even with some of the sports most recognizable names are struggling to bring in big numbers on PPV.

perhaps they should start putting more than one fight that people would want to watch on a pay per view.  that way people can maybe get something for their money, and they wont have to cancel an entire event just because one fight fell through.

god damn watered down cards every weekend. what is this crap?  

dont tell me they are cancelling it because dominick cruz got hurt for the millionth time yesterday and had to pull out of his fight at ufc 233

Edited by -idyb-

LMFAO at you bums talking about business, 90% of you don't even have 50k to your name, Dana will release a PPV every damn week if he wants, and you dummies will still buy it

• Haha 3

UFC canceled my monthly cable subscription just this week as of Jan my provider wont have the UFC channel lol

oh well Ill just use a crappy stream to watch 😖☹️

50 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

UFC canceled my monthly cable subscription just this week as of Jan my provider wont have the UFC channel lol

oh well Ill just use a crappy stream to watch 😖☹️

Streams aren't crappy anymore.  I usually find an HD one in 1-2 minutes

• Like 2

1 hour ago, carnages said:

LMFAO at you bums talking about business, 90% of you don't even have 50k to your name, Dana will release a PPV every damn week if he wants, and you dummies will still buy it

lol even Cash is using reddit strams these days

• Like 1

3 hours ago, carnages said:

Related image

Edited by CanPass

2 hours ago, sobercuban said:

Streams aren't crappy anymore.  I usually find an HD one in 1-2 minutes

I guess 

I only was paying 7 bucks per month for all live shows.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

I guess 

I only was paying 7 bucks per month for all live shows.

I pay $64.99 per PPV...that US dollars amigo

Cut the number of ppv's and free tv bouts.  Cut to four bout main events, two bout prelims, and put the cans on the early prelims.  No stripping of a belt holders title except for legitimate causes (i.e. Jones v Gus not a legit reason for stripping DC of LHW title).  Maybe it will keep these fighters from injuries in training and doing crazy chit in order to cut weight.  Hey, just my .02 .

5 hours ago, Bwana said:

people pay money for ufc ppv's in 2018? do you even torrent or stream bro?  da fook is wrong with you?     at least tell me u skipped ufc 224 and 228

most of these ppvs i wouldnt even pay tew fiddy for. maybe not even a dollar.   if they expect me to shell out money for this stuff, they better hope that my internet goes down, and that most of the fighters on the card arent a bunch of womens flyweights or geriatric fighters that should have retired years ago.

back when they didnt have a gazillion nobodies on the roster and like 3 or 4 womens divisions,  they wouldnt be putting out a card every god damn weekend.  instead the pay per views were actually worth buying because the events were stacked and they werent just banking on selling each event solely off one fight. 

they need to go back to doing that. get rid of the womens divisions. get rid of the flyweight division. get rid of the no talent hacks.   and stack these cards up so people will actually want to pay for them rather than straight up pirate them, and not feel like theyre getting ripped off.

hell you look at cards like ufc 227 where like half of the people fighting dont even have a wiki page, and you wonder why theyre charging $64.99, or any money at all for this chit.  the prices went up $5 at the start of this year, and it definately wasnt because they were delivering a better quality product for the value.  i wouldnt be surprised if they raise the price by $5 at the start of next year, at a desperate attempt to try to recoup some extra profit at the expense of all the viewers they are turning away, from all these watered down cards every weekend all while trying to shove conor mcgregor down everyones throat. 

the general interest is dwindling. i dont even think the espn deal is going to gain much more viewers back than the amount they are already losing.

Edited by -idyb-

10 hours ago, Bwana said:

7 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

^DUMMY - Carn

5 hours ago, -idyb- said:

people pay money for ufc ppv's in 2018? do you even torrent or stream bro?  da fook is wrong with you?     at least tell me u skipped ufc 224 and 228

That's the HD version,  think I missed 1 fight card in 3 years....somebody has to make sure the valuable employees get paid.

Brittney-Palmer-Arriany-Celeste.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, -idyb- said:

most of these ppvs i wouldnt even pay tew fiddy for. maybe not even a dollar.   if they expect me to shell out money for this stuff, they better hope that my internet goes down, and that most of the fighters on the card arent a bunch of womens flyweights or geriatric fighters that should have retired years ago.

back when they didnt have a gazillion nobodies on the roster and like 3 or 4 womens divisions,  they wouldnt be putting out a card every god damn weekend.  instead the pay per views were actually worth buying because the events were stacked and they werent just banking on selling each event solely off one fight. 

they need to go back to doing that. get rid of the womens divisions. get rid of the flyweight division. get rid of the no talent hacks.   and stack these cards up so people will actually want to pay for them rather than straight up pirate them, and not feel like theyre getting ripped off.

hell you look at cards like ufc 227 where like half of the people fighting dont even have a wiki page, and you wonder why theyre charging $64.99, or any money at all for this chit.  the prices went up $5 at the start of this year, and it definately wasnt because they were delivering a better quality product for the value.  i wouldnt be surprised if they raise the price by $5 at the start of next year, at a desperate attempt to try to recoup some extra profit at the expense of all the viewers they are turning away, from all these watered down cards every weekend all while trying to shove conor mcgregor down everyones throat. 

the general interest is dwindling. i dont even think the espn deal is going to gain much more viewers back than the amount they are already losing.

i pay for boxing ppv but i wont pay for mma

On 12/12/2018 at 11:30 AM, cashfl0w said:

Him vs. Askren is not PPV main event quality. 

This is the answer.

You don't need 40 cards a year. You need 25 tops.

They should have done this 8 years ago though....too many cards has been a problem for at least that long....