America

L O L Jon Jones

UFC 232 moved from Las Vegas to L.A. after Jon Jones' test results

6:31 PM ET
  • okamoto_brett.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop
    Brett OkamotoESPN Staff Writer

In an unprecedented move, the UFC is relocating next weekend's UFC 232 pay-per-view event from Las Vegas to Los Angeles because of a licensing issue involving Jon Jones in the state of Nevada.

UFC president Dana White broke the news on SportsCenter on Sunday. UFC 232, originally scheduled to take place at T-Mobile Arena this coming Saturday, will now be at The Forum in Los Angeles.

All 26 fighters scheduled to compete at UFC 232 are expected to move with the card. Jones (22-1) is scheduled to meet Alexander Gustafsson (18-4) for the light heavyweight title.

The issue in Nevada arose earlier this week, when the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) reported an atypical result of a drug test Jones submitted on Dec. 9.

That result showed the presence of the same longterm M3 metabolite for which Jones tested positive in July 2017, prior to a title fight against Daniel Cormier in Los Angeles.

That positive test resulted in the UFC stripping Jones of the light heavyweight championship, an 18-month suspension from USADA (which he has since served) and a $205,000 fine from the state of California.

Jeff Novitzky, the UFC vice president of athlete health and performance, said USADA did not view the detection as a "positive test," but that the process to clear him to fight in Nevada could not be completed in time for the Dec. 29 card.

The decision was then made to move the card to California, where the state's athletic commission is familiar with Jones' positive test from July 2017.

I don't get it

Jones defense this time around was that there was only a trace amount, back after the 2nd Cormier fight.  Now 18 months later he STILL has "trace" amounts? 

What kind of threshold do that have for that ****??  What is the half-life of the steroid FFS?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

I don't get it

Jones defense this time around was that there was only a trace amount, back after the 2nd Cormier fight.  Now 18 months later he STILL has "trace" amounts? 

What kind of threshold do that have for that ****??  What is the half-life of the steroid FFS?

Very confusing ...

it is almost as if baldy is not telling us the truth.

It is almost as if they already know that the outcome of Jones vs Gus II will be turned as a NC (because of Jones) but they will go ahead with it anyways and make some $$$

• Like 2

Suddenly the California commission asking him to go through VADA testing makes sense now. I could not for the life of me understand what their interest was in Jon Jones fighting in Nevada. 

They've had this information for at least a couple weeks now, if you add up all the clues here. Pretty cool of them to wait until five or six days before the event instead. I would be absolutely heated if I paid to go to that event in Las Vegas and then found out six days before that the event was moved five hours away. Not cool.

• Like 7

Would it even be a Jon Jones fight without a drugs controversy? 

Jokes aside I would be raging if I had paid for flights and hotels to be told it’s moving. 

Wonder if the UFC has to refund people if they can’t make the event. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Jokes aside I would be raging if I had paid for flights and hotels to be told it’s moving. 

Their refund is probably just saying "Sorry".

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

I don't get it

Not long depending on the steroid. You can usually piss out winny in 3-4 weeks. Some others can stay in your system for a decent amount of time. The question is this, if they have other samples and none showed positive before, then he has definitely been taking something in between and trying to cycle off properly but ****ed up. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

There are going to be ticket refunds, but the people who have paid for hotel rooms/flights are ****ed.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mcmax3000 said:

There are going to be ticket refunds, but the people who have paid for hotel rooms/flights are ****ed.

theres so many people on twitter ranting about how jon ruined their christmas cuz they got their loved ones tickets as a gift 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, sobercuban said:

just in time for Christmas

this needs to be added to the jon jones done stuff thread

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Lol

HeelJones is a GOAT

@vegasfans

7LxyeF8.gif

its a shame you didnt book flights and accomodations just to go and see your favorite roider compete

Just curious, how will they sell tickets for the PPV now? They have literally less than a week to sell tickets, id say a large amount of those that were going to Vegas won't go to California, UFC is seriously turning into a joke

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

Just curious, how will they sell tickets for the PPV now? They have literally less than a week to sell tickets, id say a large amount of those that were going to Vegas won't go to California, UFC is seriously turning into a joke

Tickets go on sale Wednesday in LA.

Lmao too hilarious 

Jones is clearly the biggest fraud in the history of the sport. 

Only conversation he should be in is for the greatest cheater ever.

Can't wait until Gus sleeps him next weekend. 

• Like 2

i feel bad for Jon Jones on twitter

https://twitter.com/jonjones

not the fighter, but the video game developer guy with the same name and the  twitter handle @jonjones

every time jon jones the mma fighter does something, this guy receives thousands of hate tweets and death threats

but his replies to some of them have been comical. especially during the dc fiasco, when @jonjones and @danielcormier twitter handles were getting bombed and mentioned together in the same tweets. these guys are both tech geeks who dont fight, but man they could really give some gold responses to some of those angry tweets with a level of sarcastic humor that mcmod cant even compete with

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Weidman_The_God said:

Lmao too hilarious 

Jones is clearly the biggest fraud in the history of the sport. 

Only conversation he should be in is for the greatest cheater ever.

Can't wait until Gus sleeps him next weekend. 

Well keep waiting.. but if you do want to see a KO buy a ticket to the next Weidman fight, he will be starched on the canvas before you know it 

DvJBzBCWoAIqcZn.jpg

Jon JonesVerified account @jonjones 3h3 hours ago

Jon Jones Retweeted

Yes, I cheat, but only because game designers don't place enough ammo drops in the level. I'm not going to switch to stealth kills just because I'm out of rockets, fool! If it's not raining gibs, can I be sure that cacodemon is *really* dead?

• Like 4

I didn't even think moving venues was a possible thing lol, 2 weeks notice ufc getting desperate and they keep putting their faith in guys like jones and mcgregor

59 minutes ago, Yesterdays_Hero said:

So the UFC is commission shopping for Jon Jones now? Soon he'll be exclusively fighting in Brazil

That's not a new thing.

They just shipped Holloway to Canada like three weeks ago because that's the only place that will sanction him. 

so that "grain of salt" from an olympic sized swimming pool is still in his system 17 months later.  funny he's has had like 8-10 tests since august and nothings ever came up and nobody has ever said anything.  were those completely different tests? were they using different machines? or has the ufc known about it the entire time but they want to cover it up because he's their poster boy and brings them money so he deserves a 6'th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th chance and be rewarded with another title shot after all the **** he's done, which most other fighters would have been fired for?  

the ufc was informed about usada's positive findings on december 6th, and they waited until today to bother doing anything about it or even mentioning it to the press or public. now all of a sudden its a "surprise" when they had over 2 weeks to be upfront about it so people could try to get refunded and go on with their lives. theres definately some f*ckery going on here.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 3

lol at the UFC covering up another Jones drug test failure. He's not even that big of a draw tbh. His best selling PPV didn't even beat Rampage and Rashads non-title fight numbers.

He must have witnessed Dana kill a hooker when they were on a coke binge in Vegas or something.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, 12er© said:

lol at the UFC covering up another Jones drug test failure. He's not even that big of a draw tbh. His best selling PPV didn't even beat Rampage and Rashads non-title fight numbers.

He must have witnessed Dana kill a hooker when they were on a coke binge in Vegas or something.

When he's not fighting Cormier his numbers aren't that great.  I can't stand either of them but Conor could fight Dan Hooker in Egypt with a PPV that kicks off at a terrible time and his casuals that know nothing at all would still make sure it sells well over a million.

Jon Jones is the biggest piece of sh!t to ever compete in MMA and you have guys like War Machine, Lee Mein and Thiago Silva

How many times before it's a life long ban?  Seriously Nick Diaz wants to compete on the marijuanas and FIVE YEAR BAN

Edited by PlatinumClegg

51 minutes ago, 12er© said:

well to be fair they dont have many draws left to fall back on. gsp is still on hiatus. the conor mcgregor gravy train is on hold.   brock lesnars sample for USADA mysteriously went missing in the mail. all the heavyweights shipped up to bellator where all the legends compete.  all the other big names are getting old and retiring, or are currently serving suspensions after getting popped for roids.

jon jones is all they have left to for a quick money grab.  lets be honest here, as much as dana has a hardon for his little roided up poster boy Cyborg, theres no way they would let him fight nunes to main event this card. nobody would want to order that or even attend it just to watch some roided up tranny headline the year end event.  the show needs to go on and dana needs to get paid.

and who else would gustaffson fight if they just pulled jones from the card? and its for a title.  a title theyre clearly aiming to put back around the waist of jon "grain of salt" jones.  gustaffson is just an afterthought to them in a fight he's not supposed to win. its all a show just to hand the belt back to jon jones and hope he doesnt kill himself or somebody else,  end up in jail, or overdose in a heaping pile of cocaine powder, empty booze bottles and steroid needles

he gets a free pass because he's like the only "active" guy left on the roster that can save this card and turn the ufc some profit.  yet theres tonnes of fighters who have been fired immediately after pissing dirty their first time for weed, or even a making a joke on twitter. hell what about that dude who rustled danas jimmies a little while ago and got fired for showing a little mercy to CM Punk for 3 rounds instead of brutally murdering him in front of an arena full of fight fans like dana wanted him to? in the ufc you screw up at all or even say the wrong thing that might offend somebody, youre gone. unless you can bring in any kind of money. then you can do whatever the hell you want

jon jones has been cycling steroids his entire career, continues to do so, and the ufc gives him a free pass because he's one of the few guys left that can almost guarantee the ufc will turn a fair profit just by having him on the card.   before he didnt have to worry as much because he knew when the commission would test him and he would be able to run his cycle and have it all flushed out of his system by the time he's done cutting the weight and rehydrating.  then usada comes along with their random drug testing and surprise surprise, this dude cant manage to pass a drug screening to save his life.      

by allowing this sh*tshow to carry on with jon jones and all their other roider monkeys, the ufc is really delivering the message loud and clear. its not about protecting the integrity or the image of the sport. its all about chasing that paper trail in any desperate way they know how.

Edited by -idyb-

to add to that wall of derp, i might add that i am genuinely interested in hearing what jons sorry but comical excuse is going to be this time next month in front of the commission to try to explain how he ended up with more roids in his system

the black athletic man in his 20's needing penis pills spiel was quite brilliant. hell it even worked for anderson silva the other month.  just blame it on pecker pills and the commission gives you a slap on the wrist and time served.  im sure their commission probably feels sorry for jons troubling ordeal and probably have some issues going on with their peckers themselves. especially some of their judges and referees.

the grain of salt in an olympic sized pool was golden.   cant wait to see how he follows that up a year and a half later. but usada and the athletic commission is all a bunch of idiots, or they simply just dont care, if they will somehow buy into the idea that after 17 months, that grain of salt is still in his system, rather than conceive the notion that he's been cycling the same drug again

maybe they should just give him an exemption to use steroids and other PED's, like they did for cyborg.   hell while youre at it, let everybody juice up to their hearts content.    **** all the drama bullchit and fights that dont happen because one guy cant put the needle down.   make like canada, and legalize roiding across the nation. who gives a chit anymore? the ufc is a farce as it is. im tired of seeing matches and events get called off.  let them roid dammit

get rid of the commission. let them bang in cashflows backyard for all i care. im tired of this sh!t where a couple dudes and one tranny get special privileges and the green light to roid up but the rest of the fighters do not.   the only way to make things fair is to let everybody juice themselves up to the gills and then go into the octagon and throw down.   that might be the only chance ill have in this lifetime to see brock lesnar fight jon jones or anderson silva.

usada and the athletic commission really need to take a hike if Dana and the UFC are not willing to fold. they need to make this sport great again.   like it was back in the day when USADA wasnt around and everybody knew how to beat a drug test.  that was when the real fights happened, and the fighters came to bang.   now these days, without their beloved steroids and masking agents, most of the fighters are all a bunch of pu$$ies and have dropped their vagina's after conor mcgregor threw a dolly at their bus.

and also the ufc needs to ban the athletic commissions, wada, vada usada, and any anti doping agencies. and only fight in china or japan where they dont have a commission..  might be the only chance they have of getting at least half of all brazilian mma fighters on the roster. 

Edited by -idyb-

USADAs testing is very basic even compared to VADAs which 'Grain Of Salt' Jones refused to do. youd probably need a hair sample to find traces from that far back. but the test that came back positive on december 5th was a simple urine test

But anyways the show must go on. The UFCs very own Golden Snitch. Can't get a license because of drug use? No problem. we'll move the event.

You can't make this chit up. The excuse for getting caught your 3rd time is " its just left over steroids from last time." 

stay golden johnny boy.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

This is from "The Golden Snitch" himself, Jeff Novitzky:

“Not much is known about this longterm metabolite. The parent compound is not approved for human use anywhere in the world … but what both USADA and other entities are seeing is that a recurrence, or potential ‘pulsing,’ where you have multiple negative tests and then a positive one for a very low amount – they’re seeing that quite commonly over time. And no one knows how long this could last – it could potentially last forever (in Jones’ system).

so basically as long as dick pills jones keeps using turinabol and only that to roid up on,  he should still be good to fight, and the ufc will have his back.  pretty soon it will come to a point where Jon Jones is more steroid than man.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

anderson silva and jon jones try to pretend like they've got some kind of claim to ever being considered the GOAT.   but a surprising fact that not all of you might be aware of is that throughout his entire lengthy and successful career,  Georges "Rush" St. Pierre has successfully defeated every single opponent and every single drug test he has ever faced.

just thought i would put that out there as some food for thought. you can all go on about your business tho

and lastly. i hope gus wins just to see the look of resentment in dana's eyes when his plans to push jon jones get stopped in their tracks and now hes gotta pull out another fake belt and wrap it around gustaffsons waist instead of their beloved roid monkey they are catering to.  i dont think thats going to happen because this fight is set up for a roided johnny to walk away with the belt,  but if it did happen it would be a hilarious kick in the teeth to dana and the ufc as a whole

ill be a gus fan this month. even if i have to sit next to bubba sparks

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 2

Oh my God.  When a drunk fooker like idyb is trashing you proper it's not good.

Jon Jones should be stripped of everything.  Death is too easy just erase every UFC win and count the loss to Matt Hamill.  He was never a light heavyweight champion and he never defended the title.

I'm not even drunk I think he should just be erased from career and promotional records while being told to **** off.

5 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

anderson silva and jon jones try to pretend like they've got some kind of claim to ever being considered the GOAT.   but a surprising fact that not all of you might be aware of is that throughout his entire lengthy and successful career,  Georges "Rush" St. Pierre has successfully defeated every single opponent and every single drug test he has ever faced.

just thought i would put that out there as some food for thought. you can all go on about your business tho

and lastly. i hope gus wins just to see the look of resentment in dana's eyes when his plans to push jon jones get stopped in their tracks and now hes gotta pull out another fake belt and wrap it around gustaffsons waist instead of their beloved roid monkey they are catering to.  i dont think thats going to happen because this fight is set up for a roided johnny to walk away with the belt,  but if it did happen it would be a hilarious kick in the teeth to dana and the ufc as a whole

ill be a gus fan this month. even if i have to sit next to bubba sparks

Georges had aliens help him with his cycling.  He's not a dumb nagger

• Like 1

Grain of salt is a huge over statement of the amounts found. 

Picogram amounts,  trillionths of a gram of a long term metabolite. 

Still, cheating is cheating. I don't care how long ago it was. He's a drugs cheat. Even if he never roids again in this lifetime, he's a fkn cheat.