Sign in to follow this  
VertFTW

Posters I vow to destroy in 2019

16 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

lol where I come from wild turkey is damn near on the bottom shelf.  I ain't reaching for whiskey they put at my knee.  You need to get yourself some Woodford m8.  Stop buying QP's of mid grade and grow your mullet back out.  It's time to get your chit together.

Crown Royale is hot garbage. Wild Turkey is the vastly superior whiskey.

• Like 2

crown royal is made 100% of the finest canadian excellence m8. 

wild turkey is a bunch of cabbage that i felch out of grannies and dead hookers

3 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

crown royal is made 100% of the finest canadian excellence m8. 

wild turkey is a bunch of cabbage that i felch out of grannies and dead hookers

Try drinking them both neat and see which one tastes better.

Crown royale is garbage, made for garbage people who don't know any better. It can't be drank without sugary **** soda to cover up the taste of unwashed ****.

• Like 1

my vagina is like 6 inches wide and even i can drink crown str8 m8

i am going to have to revoke your man card

Edited by -idyb-

20 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

my vagina is like 6 inches wide and even i can drink crown str8 m8

i am going to have to revoke your man card

First of all, I've bartended, no one is drinking that **** neat. It tastes like dog ****.

Secondly, anyone could drink anything neat, they choose not to because it's trash.

5 minutes ago, 12er© said:

First of all, I've bartended, no one is drinking that **** neat. It tastes like dog ****.

Secondly, anyone could drink anything neat, they choose not to because it's trash.

who did you take bartending lessons from? megasoup?

just admit it. crowl royal is the finest thing to come out of canada since GSP and justin trudeau

Edited by -idyb-

Just now, -idyb- said:

who did you take bartending lessons from? megasoup?

crowl royal finest thing to come out of canada since GSP and justin trudeau

I'd expect nothing less from a mullet.

if it wasnt canadian i probably wouldnt drink that filth. i think ur just butthurt that we made the finest whiskey on the continent. maybe even the planet.  god bless crown royal.   better than that cheap bourbon chit that the rednecks in tennessee and kentucky like to mix into their colas

Edited by -idyb-

48 minutes ago, 12er© said:

Bruh, I can't even smell Wild Turkey anymore.   Warwest killed it for me.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

even our budweiser is brewed in canada despite it originating in the states. as with many american beers. it all has french on it and says brewed in halifax, st johns, montreal, or vancouver.  the only thing american about it is the origin of the brand name and thats it.

its probably better too. yours is glorified water

but i dont discriminate. ill drink any cheap beer

Edited by -idyb-

hell i been drinking 8 packs of old milwaukee lately  and looking on the can it says brewed in guelph ontario.   hell i always thought old milwaukee was american beer. if american beer was any good, i'm sure we'd be importing yours rather than brewing it ourselves.

but yeah the only thing american about this cheap beer is the name.  we should change it to Old Ontario.

Edited by -idyb-

19 hours ago, 12er© said:

Well that's a given because Crown is a Canadian Blend.

I don't drink that ****.  If it doesn't come from the state of Kentucky I don't drink it.

You can get better bourbon like Bulleit that's 90 proof in a 1.75mL for 9 bucks less than 80 proof Crown.

19 hours ago, 12er© said:

Try drinking them both neat and see which one tastes better.

Crown royale is garbage, made for garbage people who don't know any better. It can't be drank without sugary **** soda to cover up the taste of unwashed ****.

They both suck neat.  You at least need a cube and a little water.  

17 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Both are garbage. 

16 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

If you aren't drinking Woodford and Jefferson's Ocean you're probably a bum.

Havent tried those....but as far as US whiskeys I am ok with Old forrester.

19 hours ago, -idyb- said:

if it wasnt canadian i probably wouldnt drink that filth. i think ur just butthurt that we made the finest whiskey on the continent. maybe even the planet.  god bless crown royal.   better than that cheap bourbon chit that the rednecks in tennessee and kentucky like to mix into their colas 

Mate I may have to send you some Scottish whisky so you can understand the error of your ways:lol:

A 15 year old Glenfiddich or a 18 year old Glenmorangie

Related image

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Mate I may have to send you some Scottish whisky so you can understand the error of your ways:lol:

A 15 year old Glenfiddich or a 18 year old Glenmorangie

Related image

how about an 80 year old grannymorangie?

• Haha 1

I drink and keep ratings on every whiskey I try like a real pretentious POS. I try as many as I can and always have them neat. Sorry idyb, I'm Canadian but the standard Crown Royale is not great. The Northern Harvest edition the first year was really good but they've failed to duplicate those batches over the next few years, sadly.

Try some Blanton's Bourbon some time if you get a chance. More than double the price of CR but it's worth it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Decompoze said:

I drink and keep ratings on every whiskey I try like a real pretentious POS. I try as many as I can and always have them neat. Sorry idyb, I'm Canadian but the standard Crown Royale is not great. The Northern Harvest edition the first year was really good but they've failed to duplicate those batches over the next few years, sadly.

Try some Blanton's Bourbon some time if you get a chance. More than double the price of CR but it's worth it.

never tried blantons before but its not from canada so it must not be any good.

crown royal would be garbo too if it wasnt brewed in such a great country

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Decompoze said:

top 3 whiskeys from any country?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VertFTW said:

,lol

Anyone who says otherwise has been lying to themselves for so long that they actually believe it tastes good.  

4 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Anyone who says otherwise has been lying to themselves for so long that they actually believe it tastes good.  

wood infused alcohol is good brah

actual things that pretentious people say are good but are disgusting IRL:

Oysters

Cuban Cigars

anything else I missed? hmm

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sobercuban said:

yeah that's what I want in my poison, wood.  

Vert likes a bit of **** with his booze.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2019 at 4:29 PM, -idyb- said:

hell i been drinking 8 packs of old milwaukee lately  and looking on the can it says brewed in guelph ontario.   hell i always thought old milwaukee was american beer. if american beer was any good, i'm sure we'd be importing yours rather than brewing it ourselves.

but yeah the only thing american about this cheap beer is the name.  we should change it to Old Ontario.

i used to work for one of the worlds largest beverage makers.. companies have plants/breweries in canada and close to the market place because its incredibly expensive and cost inefficient to ship beverages due to the weight. I can assure you even if it were brewed, bottled, made in canada, the recipe is the same as in the states. Economies of scale, the companies buy a ton of the same stuff from the supplier... sorry.

The only time they change formulas / taste is when the actual countries have a far different pallet i.e. pepsi or coca cola in Asia etc... 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, VertFTW said:

top 3 whiskeys from any country?

My favorite 2 hands down are the aforementioned Blanton's Bourbon and Lagavulin 16. Both are widely renowned as being amazing in whiskey circles. The third one on my list would be Dewars 18. Doubt it would make top lists with whiskey experts but I loved it apparently.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Decompoze said:

My favorite 2 hands down are the aforementioned Blanton's Bourbon and Lagavulin 16. Both are widely renowned as being amazing in whiskey circles. The third one on my list would be Dewars 18. Doubt it would make top lists with whiskey experts but I loved it apparently.

Lagavulin 16 is phenomenal. 

I like Balvenie 21 for scotch, Elijah Craig Barrel Proof for Bourbon

There are some insane single malts out there from like Japan and chit but they run over 2g's a bottle @VertFTW

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Shkrelz said:

There are some insane single malts out there from like Japan and chit but they run over 2g's a bottle @VertFTW

I need to try that Balvenie for sure. I've only heard good things. Tragic I haven't yet.

For a more affordable Japanese whiskey, the Hibiki blended whiskey is really nice. It's light but quite good and not 2 grand lol! 

Edited by Decompoze
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Decompoze said:

I need to try that Balvenie for sure. I've only heard good things. Tragic I haven't yet.

For a more affordable Japanese whiskey, the Hibiki blended whiskey is really nice. It's light but quite good! 

Its on the pricier side but i always keep a bottle stocked. They have some great other options, they have bot ha 17 doublewood and 17 from a peated cask.

Had a bottle of the 14 year Caribbean cask during this hunting season which wasnt half bad either, had an odd smooth finish from the rum barrel

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Shkrelz said:

I would pass the distillery every day driving for work. Nothing quite like the smell when you're driving through whisky country.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

I would pass the distillery every day driving for work. Nothing quite like the smell when you're driving through whisky country.

Scotland is on my travel list, my buddy went and said its right down the road from the glenfiddich distillery. He did both tours in a day. 

• Like 2

This is now the whiskey thread.  Great work, vert

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, crangs said:

This is now the whiskey thread.  Great work, vert

lol took a while to bait you to post

• Like 1

whiskey is great and deserves a dedicated thread. i saw theres a car thread and most people here drive camrys, thats like having a whiskey thread and us talking about chivas regal or jack.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shkrelz said:

whiskey is great and deserves a dedicated thread. i saw theres a car thread and most people here drive camrys, thats like having a whiskey thread and us talking about chivas regal or jack.

to hell with a camry.  the only good cars worth driving are canadian made

just like whiskey is to drinking

• Haha 1

So far all I see is Vert trying to get on cash, mauro and jolldan

On a side note tho, where are BDD and America tho ? Have seen them in a while 

lol

Edited by skillandpower