Sign in to follow this  
America

Mean Gene Okerlund died.

Super Dave Osborne also died on wednesday

sobercuban is killing off everyone

Edited by -idyb-

8 hours ago, VertFTW said:

GOAT Mean Gene moment

GOAT wrestling moment. Will never be topped as far as heel turns.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

GOAT wrestling moment. Will never be topped as far as heel turns.

I sometimes wonder if @Mcmax3000 mcmod was the dude that ran into the ring and got fooked up by Kevin nash for Real. That part was cut out of this vid lol.

• Like 1

Guy got pied. 

Scott Hall beat some idiot to death at a bar back in the day, and he's the smallest one in there. Those three are not the trio to try your hand on.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, America said:

Fu*k man, Super Dave Osborne died too.

It was a bad day for my childhood.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

47 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

I sometimes wonder if @Mcmax3000 mcmod was the dude that ran into the ring and got fooked up by Kevin nash for Real. That part was cut out of this vid lol.

Those extra stomps lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Mcmax3000 said:

It was a bad day for my childhood.

i was so young i actually thought some of his stunts were real.

but then again i probably still believed in santa clause too

Edited by -idyb-

6 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Lmfao @Mcmax3000 I could def see Him doing that

I was eight years old when that event happened.

And also, I don't live anywhere near Daytona Beach, FL.

1 minute ago, Mcmax3000 said:

And yes, I knew where that event happened off the top of my head without having to look it up.

In case anybody was still in doubt when I say I'll be forever single.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mcmax3000 said:

Maybe that will be you when John Cena eventually does his heel turn?

Just now, VertFTW said:

no. he'll be delivering fresh pies to Bailey

Just now, VertFTW said:

I don't know that I see that happening.

He's pretty clearly a part timer at best at this point and I'm not sure it makes sense to try to turn him heel.

20 minutes ago, Mcmax3000 said:

He's pretty clearly a part timer at best at this point and I'm not sure it makes sense to try to turn him heel.

didnt make any sense to try to turn daniel bryan heel

from what i seen trying to tune in the other week he was pretty cringeworthy on the mic.  and i wish he would stop repeating the word fickle. massive vert cringe.

i dont even know what else is going on with raw or smackdown. im probably just gonna tune in for the rumble and then wrestlemania just for the wrestling and maybe ill get to see someone get put through the spanish announce table and maybe an undertaker retirement match. as much as a relief to me it was for roman reigns to disappear  the show stopped captivating me.

they need to get rid of this e for everyone rated bullchit and bring back the attitude era. its never been the same since then and i dont think it ever will be. i dont know i try to watch some raw episodes these days and i just cant get into it even half as much as i used to be able to back in the day.  kevin owens is like the only guy worth watching and seth rollins could put on some good matches too sometimes but those guys are always getting hurt

Edited by -idyb-

15 minutes ago, Mcmax3000 said:

I could see it happening when timing is right...right now the wwe is in the pits...eventually another attitude era could hit....dont think they could ever recreate the nwo era though.

1 hour ago, -idyb- said:

from what i seen trying to tune in the other week he was pretty cringeworthy on the mic.

I don't watch the weekly shows, but he did a promo on one of the pre-shows for the last PPV that was fantastic.

1 hour ago, -idyb- said:

they need to get rid of this e for everyone rated bullchit and bring back the attitude era

I hate to break it to you, but if you go back and watch, a lot of WWE's non-PG stuff was awful. Especially in the mid-2000s before they went back to being PG.

PG isn't the problem. NXT is fantastic and it's also PG. Bad writing & booking is the problem.

Just now, Mcmax3000 said:

I hate to break it to you, but if you go back and watch, a lot of WWE's non-PG stuff was awful. Especially in the mid-2000s before they went back to being PG.

PG isn't the problem. NXT is fantastic and it's also PG. Bad writing & booking is the problem.

You just have trouble appreciating the artistic value of the Ho Train.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cashfl0w said:

You just have trouble appreciating the artistic value of the Ho Train.

I have trouble appreciating the artistic value of entire shows filled with two minute matches that end with interference.

• Like 1

Just now, Mcmax3000 said:

I have trouble appreciating the artistic value of entire shows filled with two minute matches that end with interference.

Pinfalls are for betas. 

If we're going to turn this into a more general wrestling thread, let's talk about the wrestling show that actually matters...

s46tZHD.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mcmax3000 said:

what was so awful about stone cold, the rock, mankind, DX and the hart foundation, all those guys.   all those bra and panties matches. oh what a time it was to be alive.

even if they couldnt wrestle at least they had some great storylines and nobody can come close to working the mic like some of those guys

2 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

what was so awful about stone cold, the rock, mankind, DX and the hart foundation, all those guys

I didn't say it was all awful. There was certainly some great stuff, but there was a lot of garbage as well.

4 minutes ago, Mcmax3000 said:

If we're going to turn this into a more general wrestling thread, let's talk about the wrestling show that actually matters...

s46tZHD.jpg

Kenny Omega makes Daniel Bryan look like Kalisto.

Change my mind.

8 minutes ago, Mcmax3000 said:

i think u just need a little bit of this in your life to lighten u up m8

tumblr_p2u2ngwGrb1srbyoyo1_500.gif

10 hours ago, Mcmax3000 said:

And yes, I knew where that event happened off the top of my head without having to look it up.

In case anybody was still in doubt when I say I'll be forever single.

I'm pretty sure there are female wrestling nerds too bro....find one, hell, find a bunch and take your pick! 😉

• Like 1

Speaking of wrestling....I'm going to Mexico City for a week soon and figured I'd go to a night of wrestling there at the main arena. Do you (or anyone else here?) follow Mexican wrestling at all? If so, what/ who should I be looking for? All I know is everyone seems to be masked, and it's the 2nd biggest spectator sport in Mexico after soccer, so it's gotta be a hoot! And 2nd row seats are like $15 US so why not?!

29 minutes ago, Yerbo said:

I'm pretty sure there are female wrestling nerds too bro....find one, hell, find a bunch and take your pick! 😉

if i was a woman i'd date mcmod

hell i'd let him do anything he wanted to me just for me to get a crack at playing that zelda game on the nintendo switch. which to this day i still cant convince myself to buy the console just to be able to play that one game.  

i want to try to get into emulating it off my pc  but ive read a bunch about it and it seems a bit more complicated for me to get it all set up and working properly than want to attempt, and wont run quite as well as it would on the switch. or something like that anyways.   cant just download an emulator, map out the controller buttons and load up the rom and play like you can on most other older systems. theres a bit more to it than that to get this chit to run.

i figured i could either give my brain a workout and get it to emulate,  i could buy a nintendo switch just for that one game,  or i could date mcmod and he would let me play it.   ive weighed out my options here and it seems like i might have to resort to putting on a wig and a dress and taking one for the team

Edited by -idyb-

My apologies for not sticking to the point of the thread....

Mean Gene was a BIG part of those glory days imho. His chemistry with the wrestlers, his dry delivery, his voice, hell even his look were perfect! I honestly think my memories of watching in those days were almost as much of him and his interviews as they were of the fights themselves. I seriously doubt they'll be anyone else so perfect at that job.

RIP Mean Gene

23 minutes ago, Yerbo said:

Speaking of wrestling....I'm going to Mexico City for a week soon and figured I'd go to a night of wrestling there at the main arena. Do you (or anyone else here?) follow Mexican wrestling at all? If so, what/ who should I be looking for? All I know is everyone seems to be masked, and it's the 2nd biggest spectator sport in Mexico after soccer, so it's gotta be a hoot! And 2nd row seats are like $15 US so why not?!

Nobody really stands out...you gonna go to watch AAA? I guess the biggest stand out is La Parka.....all the rest are just dime a dozen cans.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VertFTW said:

Nobody really stands out...you gonna go to watch AAA? I guess the biggest stand out is La Parka.....all the rest are just dime a dozen cans.

i kinda remember that guy he'd always come out in a skeleton outfit and a chair or something

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

What's AAA? A promotion I assume? I don't see that mentioned on the Ticketmaster listings. I see "CMLL" on all the listings, what's that? And some of the listings mentions "Freedom".

https://www.ticketmaster.com.mx/Arena-Mexico-boletos-Mexico/venue/164115

14 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Another promotion, I dont recognize anyone on cmll but IT should be decent

IT? or do you meant it hah

Edited by Yerbo

ok, just realised that Arena Mexico only has CMLL. Think I'll stick with that, though AAA does have some talent I know (Konnan and Jeff Jarret).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yerbo said:

I’ve watched some CMLL this year. Not a ton. I’d probably watch regularly if they had English commentary. Trying to follow a 2-3 hour show regularly in a foreign language can get kind of tough.

They have some me great shows.

4 hours ago, VertFTW said:

L.A. Park is in CMLL as well.

Fenix and Pentagon are also fantastic and wrestle for both.

3 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Another promotion, I dont recognize anyone on cmll but IT should be decent

CMLL is generally considered to be the better of the two big Mexican promotions. There’s also The Crash, which I would say is probably number three in that they’re the only other one I’ve heard of, but I don’t know much about them.

3 hours ago, Yerbo said:

ok, just realised that Arena Mexico only has CMLL. Think I'll stick with that, though AAA does have some talent I know (Konnan and Jeff Jarret).

Arena Mexico is actually owned by CMLL, so that’s why they’re the only wrestling company that runs there.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mcmax3000 said:

I’ve watched some CMLL this year. Not a ton. I’d probably watch regularly if they had English commentary. Trying to follow a 2-3 hour show regularly in a foreign language can get kind of tough.

They have some me great shows.

L.A. Park is in CMLL as well.

Fenix and Pentagon are also fantastic and wrestle for both.

CMLL is generally considered to be the better of the two big Mexican promotions. There’s also The Crash, which I would say is probably number three in that they’re the only other one I’ve heard of, but I don’t know much about them.

Arena Mexico is actually owned by CMLL, so that’s why they’re the only wrestling company that runs there.

Thanks for the input McMod! The show I am planning on going to is the Friday night one (Jan 18) they have every week that is nationally televised. Look for 3 Gringos near the front! hah

On 1/3/2019 at 4:00 PM, Decompoze said:

Those extra stomps lol

Fatty got off lightly. On another day he'd have been jacknife power bombed through the announcer's table. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Yerbo said:

Thanks for the input McMod! The show I am planning on going to is the Friday night one (Jan 18) they have every week that is nationally televised. Look for 3 Gringos near the front! hah

Most of their Friday night Arena México shows stream live on YouTube for free.

• Like 1

i tuned into raw just to watch hulk hogan come out to a crowd full of hulkamaniacs and cut his tribute to mean gene

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

finally got around to watching Andre the Giant interview.  that was a tough watch at the end. A whole lotta Mean Gene on there as well 

• Like 1