King_Can

Jon Jones vs Lionheart official 235

Jones said he wants to fight 3 times this year

Curious to see what people think of this fight

is anyone dumb enough to take lionheart?? Jon made a career out of beating washed up middleweights and LHW is an absolute trash can besides DC and Jones

Would be much more of a contest if they'd just convince rumble to take another title shot lol

• Like 1

Anthony Smith is terrible.  Hopefully Jon does some manly chit like try to box with him.  We don't really need any spinning elbows or takedowns. 

• Like 4

there is no way this fight is gonna happen.  you heard it here first.

Well jones will at least be fighting the number 1 contender, problem is LHW is so shallow and jones has beaten everyone worth mentioning at LHW. He simply has to go up to HW. There is nothing left to prove at LHW other than easy paychecks.

Seriously who is Anthony Smith ****ing or what does he have on king Dana!? The mothaf'er has 30 fights damn near lost half of em, is getting spoonfed past their prime legends, and has the personality of a buttermilk pancake. He couldn't make somebody less interested in this fight than that cringe convo with jones at the fox desk after jons last win. UFC in 2019 off to a great start LUL

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Not pumped at all. This fight is only to keep Jones busy and see how well he keeps himself out of trouble. Zero interesting on this.

Jones vs OSP rematch would get me more excited tbh lol

Smith has power for sure and his last few fights had entertaining finishes. I may even support him in this fight even though jones is my second fav fighter after khabib, everyone likes an underdog story and if he did pull it off it would be the biggest upset in the history of upsets.

Edited by PunchBag

2 hours ago, PunchBag said:

Smith has power for sure and his last few fights had entertaining finishes. I may even support him in this fight even though jones is my second fav fighter after khabib, everyone likes an underdog story and if he did pull it off it would be the biggest upset in the history of upsets.

Fake "second Jones" fan m8

Lol

• Haha 1

Jones vs Smith

Cardio = jones

wrestling = jones

submissions = smith

striking = jones

power = smith

Reach = Jones

Winner = jones (although clearly Smith could potentially win as he does have some advantages over jones)

Edited by PunchBag

This is what happens when you let elite talent like Ryan Bader leave for Bellator

Guys like Anthony Smith get title shots, and I like Anthony Smith 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, PATSTER said:

This is what happens when you let elite talent like Ryan Bader leave for Bellator

Guys like Anthony Smith get title shots, and I like Anthony Smith 

Bader had to sniff nuts to beat Mitrione. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Bader had to sniff nuts to beat Mitrione. 

Jon Jones would never even accept a fight with Meat Head

Neither would Daniel

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

...but why?

I respect any man that beats Shogun fair and square and doesn't point fight him

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Shogun is like 72 years old in fighting years..

Daniel would still go for a takedown

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PATSTER said:

Daniel would still go for a takedown

DC would knock Shogun out and then Junior and then Bader gauntlet style. 

• Like 1

This fight intrigues me quite a bit because I've long said to myself that when Jon Jones loses it's going to be to someone we either didn't see coming, or didn't think had a shot at beating him. I don't think Smith is going to win, but that doesn't mean I won't be willing to drop $200 down on him to see if he can land a huge shot or get the ref to step in should Jones find himself in trouble. I see this fight going all 5 rounds with Jones winning a unanimous decision, but you never know, something could happen and we could see Jones suffer his first loss.

Personally, I'm just hoping that Jones passes all of his drug tests and is able to make it to the fight. He can talk all he wants about fighting multiple times a year and working his way back into the good graces of the MMA fans and media, but if he pops again for a banned substance than I truly believe his career will be 100% over. Here's hoping he passes all related drug tests and is able to continue defending the World's Light-Heavyweight Championship. And I'm saying that as an MMA fan who has turned his back on the man after years of poor decisions on his part. 

25 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

DC would knock Shogun out and then Junior and then Bader gauntlet style. 

What the **** kind of take is this 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BigDaddyDelta said:

Over/Under picogramed failed drug tests for this fight?

that's not how over/unders work

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigDaddyDelta said:

Over/Under picogramed failed drug tests for this fight?

1 hour ago, sobercuban said:

that's not how over/unders work

0.5 drug tests failed

• Like 2

When and if this fight does take place I'm sure someone in Vegas will fork down a few thousand bucks on Smith in hopes of an upset, and IF "Lionhart" wins than that someone is going to be one rich dude. Me? I think $200 is my limit as to how much I'm willing to gamble on Smith. Hopefully there are some sure bets on the card to make it up if Smith loses...

1 hour ago, Taylor_Schonerstedt said:

Corey Anderson deceivers the shot more than LionHeart

lol wtf you smokin

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PunchBag said:

Jones vs Smith

Cardio = jones

wrestling = jones

submissions = smith

striking = jones

power = smith

Reach = Jones

Winner = jones (although clearly Smith could potentially win as he does have some advantages over jones)

What the **** are YOU smoking?  Anthony Smith does not have a submission advantage over Jon Jones.  In fact I think he gets submitted  in about 2 to 3 minutes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PlatinumClegg said:

What the **** are YOU smoking?  Anthony Smith does not have a submission advantage over Jon Jones.  In fact I think he gets submitted  in about 2 to 3 minutes.

He just went to wiki and looked up who had more subs. 

Smith has precisely 1 sub in the UFC.  He has two submissions against people with wiki pages, one named Lumumba Sayers.

Jones has 5 in the UFC, 3 against former champions + Ryan Bader 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

He just went to wiki and looked up who had more subs. 

Smith has precisely 1 sub in the UFC.  He has two submissions against people with wiki pages, one named Lumumba Sayers.

Jones has 5 in the UFC, 3 against former champions + Ryan Bader 

Yeah and the only other person to submit Machida is Rockhold.  I don't put much stock into Tito's submission over Bader because he knocked his **** out before that.

Oh and Rampage had only been submitted by Sakuraba 40 years ago

Edited by PlatinumClegg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Thank you

• Like 1

If for some reason Jones was to fail his drug tests leading up to the fight with Smith who would you want to take his place? My guess is he would be suspended (again) and stripped (again) of the World's Light-Heavyweight Championship and Smith would need an opponent. So who gets the nod?

One thing that annoys me about MMA fans is that whenever a fighter finds himself in trouble and has to vacate the title, or is stripped, some fans stick by the notion that whoever wins the title next isn't really the real champ because they didn't beat the guy who held it before him. Well, a part of being the champion is acting the part and being fit for competition and if your constantly failing drug tests or have sustained and injury than you’re not fit to compete. Thus a new champion is needed. That person that has to give up his title is still technically the LINEAL champion, just not the reigning champion. There is a huge difference. 

35 minutes ago, VegasOddsMMA said:

"Right here. The hardest hitter at 145 pounds.This guy TKOs people and when I knock people out they dont ** move"

Related image

Edited by skillandpower
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, skillandpower said:

Related image

Wow, very constructive response! I love how you put some thought into who would fight Smith should the champion not be able to fight due to a failed drug test (or some other anomaly). Great discussion from "educated" MMA fans!

• Like 1

Just now, VegasOddsMMA said:

Wow, very constructive response! I love how you put some thought into who would fight Smith should the champion not be able to fight due to a failed drug test (or some other anomaly). Great discussion from "educated" MMA fans!

LOL hey m8.

Welcome to the forum .. this is actually a very respectful and funny way to welcome new people here. Dont be mad.

I agree 100% with everything you said. 

Happy Tuesday, my friend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VegasOddsMMA said:

Did you just take a sarcastic tone with a LEGENDARY Ufc fightclub poster? 

• Like 1

Just now, skillandpower said:

LOL hey m8.

Welcome to the forum .. this is actually a very respectful and funny way to welcome new people here. Dont be mad.

I disagree with the part where he referred to you as an educated mma fan. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bubba_Sparks said:

I disagree with the part where he referred to you as an educated mma fan. 

Im a very educated MMA fan, Bubba.

Please, staaaap

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

LOL hey m8.

Boy do I feel like a putz. My apologies, man. I'm just used to other forums (Sherdog) where the fans are like a group of obnoxious pre-schoolers. I wasn't aware you were being nice. My bad.

Edited by VegasOddsMMA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, VegasOddsMMA said:

Boy do I feel like a putz. My apologies, man. I'm just used to other forums (Sherdog) where the fans are like a group of obnoxious pre-schoolers. I wasn't aware you were being nice. My bad.

It is ok m8.

Welcome to the fora.

How is your 2019 going so far ?

2 hours ago, VegasOddsMMA said:

That's how it is here as well

• Like 3

3 hours ago, VegasOddsMMA said:

He's the only one like that. Don't get comfortable.

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2019 at 4:59 PM, skillandpower said:

Im a very educated MMA fan, Bubba.

Please, staaaap

I consider you an educated MMA fan, you have been educated to the fact that the vast majority of Brazilian fighters suck and or are on TRT. Good to see you backing non Brazilian fighters. Proves you know your MMA :D

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, PunchBag said:

I consider you an educated MMA fan, you have been educated to the fact that the vast majority of Brazilian fighters suck and or are on TRT. Good to see you backing non Brazilian fighters. Proves you know your MMA :D

Lol thanks m8.

You are da bess.

• Haha 1