Jump to content
Mcmax3000

Woodley vs. Usman Signed for UFC 235

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, America said:

I see one of two outcomes here. Either Usman wins, or Woodley wins.

This is a draw if I've ever seen one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember when WW champions were likeable and would headline events? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OzStraya said:

Remember when WW champions were likeable and would headline events? 

 

I do. But now you deepthroat cheating cans so they think said cheating can is popular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

I do. But now you deepthroat cheating cans so they think said cheating can is popular.

I actually like Twood in this matchup, Usman's lnp has been grinding my gears

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, skillandpower said:

Why not m8 ?

his wrestling is good but not amazingly better than Woodley, i doubt there will be a takedown.

His cardio is average, he isnt going to outwork woodley.

His striking is pretty average and i think woodley has better striking.

 

Woodley wins via decision on the feet or KO/TKO

 

Colby at least has that unrelenting pressure and cardio in his favor, Usman has no advantages over woodley and a few disadvantages.

 

Woodley vs Usman

wrestling - even

cardio - even

striking - woodley

power - woodley

 

Winner = Woodley

Edited by PunchBag
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a little upset that Covington is being passed over for a shot at the title and that Usman is getting the nod. I get that Kamaru is hot right now after a string of impressive victories, but Colby WAS the interim champion and I feel like he's deserving of the fight, especially since he and Woodley hyped it up through trashing each other via social media and the press. Now Covington is going to probably have to wait another 3-6 months, if not longer, before he gets a shot at the tile unless he decides to take a fight in the meantime and risk losing his spot with a potential loss. I'm still super excited to see Woodley/Usman but the purist in me wants to see Woodley/Covington first, but I'll gladly take whats given to me. Oddly enough, I have Usman dethroning Woodley via TKO sometime in the 3rd round, while I have Woodley getting a decision victory over Covington, though I could see Woodley knocking out Colby early on if he jets in on him like he did to Lawler years ago. Can't wait for these fights!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like the fans, the UFC, and Woodley are the biggest losers from this fight (so just about everyone). Fans want to see controversy and Woodley vs Colby is that. Colby is dead on that Usman has fought his 2nd's but getting the shot before him? UFC loses because this fight does not sell and they still need to make up that 4bil. There are some purist fights that make sense that you have to make, this is not one of them. Woodley loses because he doesn't sell and will get told "hey you don't sell PPVs" and he complains.

I would like to know the truth behind the scenes but chances are we'll never know. As someone mentioned, Colby at least has a relentless style that would either put himself or Woodley in danger. I feel Usman will be another Wonderboy/Maia fight, very hesitant and lackluster.  Hopefully I am wrong, but the rest of this card looks stacked so if this is the worst thing that happens that night, it will all be ok. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bohemoglu13 said:

I feel like the fans, the UFC, and Woodley are the biggest losers from this fight (so just about everyone). Fans want to see controversy and Woodley vs Colby is that. Colby is dead on that Usman has fought his 2nd's but getting the shot before him? UFC loses because this fight does not sell and they still need to make up that 4bil. There are some purist fights that make sense that you have to make, this is not one of them. Woodley loses because he doesn't sell and will get told "hey you don't sell PPVs" and he complains.

I would like to know the truth behind the scenes but chances are we'll never know. As someone mentioned, Colby at least has a relentless style that would either put himself or Woodley in danger. I feel Usman will be another Wonderboy/Maia fight, very hesitant and lackluster.  Hopefully I am wrong, but the rest of this card looks stacked so if this is the worst thing that happens that night, it will all be ok. 

I think UFC tried to make colby vs woodley but colby was being unreasonable with his demands which is why usman stepped over him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Bohemoglu13 said:

Casuals want to see controversy

fixed.

Dont get me wrong. I also would rather watch Woodley vs Colby too but is not that Usman didnt beat the same guys Colby did (talking about the last two fight for both guys).

In fact, Colby got boxed up by Maia and Usman didnt.

I think Woodley will have a harder fight with Usman than he would with Colby.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/6/2019 at 2:01 PM, Banham said:

2 bums who get killed by Alain Ngalani.

Best take of 2019

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Woodley beats both Usman & Colby, but Colby should have got first shot....Woodley KO 1st round

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PakaL said:

Wolf tickets all day as COLBY is the IDIOTS CHAMP...

Yeah, he is. He hasn't beaten anybody worth a damn and he will get slept in five minutes or less by Woodley.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cashfl0w said:

Yeah, he is. He hasn't beaten anybody worth a damn and he will get slept in five minutes or less by Woodley.

The gr8 SJW of all seasons Woodley is one of the lameist champs ever. Colby the conqueror puts woodley the reverse waycist's head on his wall by fall.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PakaL said:

The gr8 SJW of all seasons Woodley is one of the lameist champs ever. Colby the conqueror puts woodley the reverse waycist's head on his wall by fall.

Colby the idiot, the one who got choked out by Warlley Alves? He has a better chance of getting beaten up by Rory in the near future than he does catching this loss to Woodley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Colby the idiot, the one who got choked out by Warlley Alves? He has a better chance of getting beaten up by Rory in the near future than he does catching this loss to Woodley.

Woodless woodley going down it's unAVOIDABLE cashflow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To who? Have you even watched Colby's matches or are you just blindly rooting for the white guy, as usual?

Colby wrestle****s and cardio bunnies guys to death. He isn't wrestling Woodley down, not even once. He isn't going to be able to clinch and use dirty boxing against Woodley because it's going to take one hook from Tyron in the clinch to wobble him. So how do you think Colby wins this fight?

The fact of the ****ing matter is Covington cherry picked fights to get to the top. He beat a couple of guys that were good stylistic matchups for him. He avoided fights like Usman and Askren. But he doesn't have that luxury anymore. Talk to me when Colby even has the sack to sign a contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×