broke_fl0w

Derrick Lewis vs. Junior Dos Santos at UFC on ESPN+ 4

Just now, PATSTER said:

Junior by KO

Why does Junior have to fight in the middle of God damn nowhere each time?

He hired some bum as his manager. I tried to tell the guy, I can have you fighting in strictly large arenas and/or vacation spots. Instead, he's headlining Canadian chitholes and Wichita, Kansas. 

• Like 4

Just now, cashfl0w said:

He hired some bum as his manager. I tried to tell the guy, I can have you fighting in strictly large arenas and/or vacation spots. Instead, he's headlining Canadian chitholes and Wichita, Kansas. 

Let's not forget when he fought in ****ing Nebraska or North Dakota or some chit

• Like 5

This is only tangentially related to this story, but I need to say it...

I want to smack every MMA journalist that won't get away from this stupid ****ing concept of numbering various levels of Fight Night shows.

When there's like 18 of these shows per month, the numbers don't mean anything! Writing a headline saying that a fight has been added to "UFC on ESPN+ 4" gives me the same amount of information as saying "Derrick Lewis is going to fight JDS at some point" because no reasonable human being is going to keep track of the difference between UFC on ESPN+ 4 and UFC on ESPN+ 72, especially when the UFC generally doesn't promote or list their shows that way.

29 minutes ago, PATSTER said:

Let's not forget when he fought in ****ing Nebraska or North Dakota or some chit

It was Boise, Idaho.

This fight is interesting because you've got the former World's Heavyweight Champion, who is the more skilled striker, against a man who is possibly the hardest hitting heavyweight in the history of the sport. I'd like to think that JDS' skills would lead him to a victory but we've seen Lewis come back and get the KO after being down so many times now that I've learned never to count "The Black Beast" out. JDS may go into this fight as the favorite but Lewis would make a very profitable live dog and could make some people a lot of money in Vegas should they plunker down their cash on him. I'm so torn as to who is going to win this fight, but I can honestly say that I'm extremely excited to see it and am hoping the winner will advance toward another shot at the World's Heavyweight Championship. 

23 minutes ago, Mcmax3000 said:

This is only tangentially related to this story, but I need to say it...

I want to smack every MMA journalist that won't get away from this stupid ****ing concept of numbering various levels of Fight Night shows.

When there's like 18 of these shows per month, the numbers don't mean anything! Writing a headline saying that a fight has been added to "UFC on ESPN+ 4" gives me the same amount of information as saying "Derrick Lewis is going to fight JDS at some point" because no reasonable human being is going to keep track of the difference between UFC on ESPN+ 4 and UFC on ESPN+ 72, especially when the UFC generally doesn't promote or list their shows that way.

Hey man, I'll give it up when they give it up. Don't take it out on me.

• Like 2

I think JDS will be too technical for TBB

Good fight to watch for sure but unfortunately I wont care for the outcome .. neither guy is gonna see gold.

4 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Hey man, I'll give it up when they give it up. Don't take it out on me.

That’s why I said I want to smack the MMA journalists. They’re the ones that keep doing it. Even the UFC gave that **** up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sobercuban said:

Head tells me JDS is going to box him up.  Heart tells me JDS is getting BLACKED.  

It's entirely possible that both of these things happen in the same fight. JDS boxes up Lewis for almost the entirety of the fight but ends up getting BLACKED Volkov-style.

The Black Beast is truly a work of art when it comes to the fight game dichotomy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PATSTER said:

Even worse Idaho.  lol some dude got on here asking how he could attend the weigh ins for that event.  Cash and I called him an idiot, of course.

Fought Rothwell in Croatia.  He throws straight punches he should be able to land 3 before Derrick finishes his hook from hell.  If Junior does that dumb chit like back himself up against the cage he might eat the canvas hard.

• Like 3

Think JDS takes this one.

Bar Lewis connecting with one of those bombs I can't see him out striking JDS and as the fight goes on Junior's likely going to have the better cardio.

Plus I would love to see JDS get one more crack at the title before retiring so I can never really root against him.

• Like 2

Didn't Cain glass body Valasquez murk dat foo? We are about to watch the ghost of cigano get ghosted...

On 1/9/2019 at 7:17 PM, PakaL said:

Didn't Cain glass body Valasquez murk dat foo? We are about to watch the ghost of cigano get ghosted...

Lewis has about 30 seconds to make something happen before he starts moving in slow motion with his hands down. Any version of JDS gets an easy win here.

• Like 1