Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs Michelle Waterson added to UFC Philadelphia

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/karolina-kowalkiewicz-vs-michelle-waterson-added-to-ufc-philadelphia/

Image result for karolina kowalkiewicz

The UFC announced that their second event on the ESPN channel will be taking place at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

The event got its first bout in a strawweight affair between top prospects Alexa Grasso (10-2) and Marina Rodriguez (10-0-1) after it was moved from UFC Fortaleza due to a Rodriguez injury.

However, we now know the second official matchup and it too will take place at 115-pounds. ESPN’s Brett Okamoto confirmed that top 10 contenders Karolina Kowalkiewicz (12-3) and “The Karate Hottie” Michelle Waterson (16-6) will square off at the March 30 event.

32 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

From the two fights announced so far, hopefully they're handing out free tickets.

Any locals guys or girls you think they will put on?

Off the top of my head, Eddie Alvarez is the only guy I can think of that's from Philly and not a complete can. But obviously that's not happening..

They'll probably stick Frankie Edgar in the main and call it a day.

Great fight. Difficult one to call. Both very scrappy ladies. Leaning towards Waterson because she has more tools but for sure KK will get the better of it on the feet.

Should be a pick em. 

Edited by Denizen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Off the top of my head, Eddie Alvarez is the only guy I can think of that's from Philly and not a complete can. But obviously that's not happening..

They'll probably stick Frankie Edgar in the main and call it a day.

Felder would be another but hes already booked for feb 17th.

I could see mark herny fighters on here like frank. Maybe Barboza v Gaethje or something, ESPN is going to want a better card then that chit they have going on in Phoenix especially once cain pulls out.

It would be tight, but if Marlon KO's Assuncao he could do a 8 week turn around and fight TJ at 135 for the strap. 

9 minutes ago, Shkrelz said:

Felder would be another but hes already booked for feb 17th.

I could see mark herny fighters on here like frank. Maybe Barboza v Gaethje or something, ESPN is going to want a better card then that chit they have going on in Phoenix especially once cain pulls out. 

It would be tight, but if Marlon KO's Assuncao he could do a 8 week turn around and fight TJ at 135 for the strap. 

Those two going kick for kick is something I would love to see lol.

• Like 1