Sign in to follow this  
OzStraya

Gifts for your groomsmen?

Question for the married / divorvced m8s.

What did you get you groomsmen? 

Wedding planning is moving along and that's the next thing on my list. I know what I'm considering but before I share that I'm curious on what ideas that will come from here. 

Should get some good trolling too. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Wedding planning is moving along and that's the next thing on my list. I know what I'm considering but before I share that I'm curious on what ideas that will come from here. 

When I got married I had normal suits for me and the best man. I bought him his plus a small bottle of something as thanks. 

I've been best man three times. First time the guy didn't get me anything. Second time I was given some really nice cuff links. Third time it was a small bush knife. 

It's the thought that counts I guess... and yes,I will be checking back here for the inevitable trolling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

When I got married I had normal suits for me and the best man. I bought him his plus a small bottle of something as thanks. 

I've been best man three times. First time the guy didn't get me anything. Second time I was given some really nice cuff links. Third time it was a small bush knife. 

It's the thought that counts I guess... and yes,I will be checking back here for the inevitable trolling. 

I have a best man and two groomsmen, their tastes are not very similar. Two are men's men and one is a useless snowflake. #1 likes drinking and is an OCD with a green thumb and pretty handy with DIY stuff. #2 is a dad who works too much but in his spare time likes to dabble with a smoker for meats etc. #3 is a beta soccer playing thin skinned wanna be politician, SJW type who is basically useless with his hands. Also likes to drink, but loses stuff and has zero taste when it comes to anything of value. I was thinking a bottle each and something different for each one. But it needs to be something they'd value and want to keep.

Also, Bubba, cufflinks are for Frenchmen. I guess we're calling you French now? Smh head 

#3 barely made the cut tbh honest lol

Edited by OzStraya

2 minutes ago, BART-O-LINI said:

Cigars

None of the four of us smoke tobacco. I'd appreciate a nice humidor to keep watches or keys etc in but I don't think the others would

9 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

I have a best man and two groomsmen, their tastes are not very similar. Two are men's men and one is a useless snowflake. #1 likes drinking and is an OCD with a green thumb and pretty handy with DIY stuff. #2 is a dad who works too much but in his spare time likes to dabble with a smoker for meats etc. #3 is a beta soccer playing thin skinned wanna be politician, SJW type who is basically useless with his hands. Also likes to drink, but loses stuff and has zero taste when it comes to anything of value. I was thinking a bottle each and something different for each one. But it needs to be something they'd value and want to keep.

Also, Bubba, cufflinks are for Frenchmen. I guess we're calling you French now? Smh head 

French- Swedish. 

I don't wear the bloody things. Always thought an engraved hip flask would be a nice gift for the entourage. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

French- Swedish. 

I don't wear the bloody things. Always thought an engraved hip flask would be a nice gift for the entourage. 

Haha gold. Yeah it is and it isn't.. I've got three hipflasks, great for a 21st gif. I'm liking the suggestions and lack of trolling though! 

Waiting for an American to tell me to get them an engraved handgun 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzStraya said:

What?  I had a best man like a man.  SMH but we sported the same suit.  It was more funeral type than marriage, obviously.  lol we had pin stripes in 2012!

Conor didn't sleep Ivan until NYE of that year.  Take a second for deep thought.

37 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Why is #3 in your line up? Is he your wife's brother or something? Also, I'm not yet married but I didn't realize it was a thing to gift the groomsmen, I presumed you were just meant to pay for their suits or something...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RadLad said:

Why is #3 in your line up? Is he your wife's brother or something? Also, I'm not yet married but I didn't realize it was a thing to gift the groomsmen, I presumed you were just meant to pay for their suits or something...

Lol!! He's been a mate for a long time, he's the one the rest of us hang chit on

...and the other #3 disappeared. 

31 minutes ago, RadLad said:

Also, not sure if you realised, but I'm a man of impeccable taste. I will be giving my groomsmen a gift to honour their commitment. Since they're all taken, as are all the bridesmaids (none of which are ****ty, unfortunately) I can't just pay them with bridesmaid BJ's :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzStraya said:

Also, not sure if you realised, but I'm a man of impeccable taste. I will be giving my groomsmen a gift to honour their commitment. Since they're all taken, as are all the bridesmaids (none of which are ****ty, unfortunately) I can't just pay them with bridesmaid BJ's :(

I initially thought of this too lol sick people we are.

• Haha 1

I'd tell you to get them an engraved handgun, but I don't think your beta country allows guns.

Give them all a plane ticket to Mexico so they can join the caravan to freedom. 

Edited by 12er©
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OzStraya said:

Best gift I ever got was 4 hours of a free bar :lol:

• Thanks 1

Give them all nice rusty handjobs. 

Will be your last time to open your legs and various holes to multiple other men before finally tying the knot with just one man. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We spent less than $400 on the actual wedding and just did it at the courthouse.  Much better than blowing a ****-ton of money on making a big production out of it.  

Tell your dork friends to stay home, save your money, and use it for literally anything else.  

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

We spent less than $400 on the actual wedding and just did it at the courthouse.  Much better than blowing a ****-ton of money on making a big production out of it.  

Tell your dork friends to stay home, save your money, and use it for literally anything else.  

Im thinking of spending big brah...or maybe going cheap but splurging on trip.

• Like 1

Just now, VertFTW said:

Go cheap and spend it on a trip.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Does splurging mean you won't be buying the $5 leftover lunch specials like you did in NY?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

After watching that last Straya card you should get them MMA lessons in hopes that your country will produce a decent fighter at some point. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, VertFTW said:

nothing...thats something females do...

How's that NYC trip with your pretend gf going?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sobercuban said:

You owe your friends drunken bridesmaids.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sobercuban said:

Spoken like a true boring Sober introvert ;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OzStraya said:

Spoken like a true boring Sober introvert ;)

If you want to waste thousands upon thousands on a "Look at me!" event that lasts for a few hours, go for it.  Sounds neat.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

You owe your friends drunken bridesmaids.

I've got a 'no сum-dumpster' policy.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OzStraya said:

Pretty much everything I've ever received in weddings has ended up in storage. My friend got me a nice watch one time with engraving on the inside, 3 years later he got divorced and  I thought it would be awkward if I wore it around him. 

A nice bottle of something like you suggested is a good idea. If they all have a hobby in common you could make a day of something too. Most of my friends and I golf so one of them paid for a day on the course and three rounds of drinks as a thank you. The memories and stories from that day were better than any flask or cuff links. 

22 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

How's that NYC trip with your pretend gf going?

lol that was like 2 months ago

Do you think your wife will lose enough weight to fit into her dress?

29 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

I've got a 'no сum-dumpster' policy.  

I have a feeling you're not actually mad about weddings right now.

What are you actually mad about?

1 hour ago, sobercuban said:

Also, why the fuсk would you buy **** for groomsmen?  "Oh hey bro, thanks for standing there".  

Over here we call groomsmen ushers. I was an usher a couple of times and once the groom got me some cuff- links with 'usher' written on. 

Didn't wear them much because people kept asking me what other rnb singers I liked. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, 12er© said:

I have a feeling you're not actually mad about weddings right now.

What are you actually mad about?

Feel free to speculate.  I just ran out of color toner for my printer, that might be it.  

22 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Over here we call groomsmen ushers. I was an usher a couple of times and once the groom got me some cuff- links with 'usher' written on. 

Didn't wear them much because people kept asking me what other rnb singers I liked. 

Do guys that are ushers/groomsmen get butthurt if they don't get a gift?  

9 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Do guys that are ushers/groomsmen get butthurt if they don't get a gift?  

Lol, no. I would say more often than not they wouldn't get anything. 

They're pretty fringe really. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Lol, no. I would say more often than not they wouldn't get anything. 

They're pretty fringe really. 

Okay cool.  I'd literally never heard of people doing that until today.  I wouldn't even spend someone else's money on it.  

• Like 2

Just now, sobercuban said:

Okay cool.  I'd literally never heard of people doing that until today.  I wouldn't even spend someone else's money on it.  

The male wedding 'party' has got a bit out of hand if you ask me. It's not uncommon now for people to have 2 or even 3 best men. Just make a bloody decision! Hearing 3 people make a cringey 3 way speech instead of one solid 5 minutes of inappropriate comedy gold is just wrong. 

• Like 2

I have been in 3 weddings. 1) i did not get anything but a thank you. 2) i got a bottle and an engraved beer mug 3) i got a duffel bag with my name sewed into it. 

weirdly, i think my favorite is the bag. it is an under armour. nice and big as a carry on or small road trips. none of the gifts probably equated to $50, just a small thank you. I think it is courteous but not necessary. all 3 weddings I stood up in the tux rental was $200 and then the gift you give them as a wedding present, plus hotel room if not local. it ends up being expensive to just stand around for your friend and roast in your suit while taking pictures.

Edited by Bohemoglu13
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sobercuban said:

If you want to waste thousands upon thousands on a "Look at me!" event that lasts for a few hours, go for it.  Sounds neat.  

In the social media society we live in, you're almost required to have frequent "look at me!" events just to keep up with the Joneses.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, OzStraya said:

None of the four of us smoke tobacco. I'd appreciate a nice humidor to keep watches or keys etc in but I don't think the others would

Who said they were for smoking? Stick them up your ****.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, BART-O-LINI said:

Who said they were for smoking? Stick them up your ****.

yeah what bart says. smoking and vaping has gone out of style.   get with the times. the newest craze is plugging. always fun at parties.

Edited by -idyb-

14 hours ago, skillandpower said:

Related image

Pic of Vert's wedding reception

not enough dudes for a vert wedding

• Haha 2

The only right answer is a second set of keys to a running car so that when you come to your senses before saying I DO they can help you make a quick getaway.....

Also congrats on the upcoming nuptials...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2