Sign in to follow this  
VertFTW

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos lol

5 hours ago, StompGrind said:

I haven't defended him once. I said his cheating is completely wrong and i don't care if she gets half even if i don't think she deserves that much. He got married without a prenup and cheated so that's on him. 

If you feel so strongly about what a POS Jeff is why the Fk are you still working for him. Right you got bills to pay and you decided the opportunity is worth it regardless of what you think about him or management. If you can do better then you should and more power to you if you can but do cry about it if it makes you feel better. 

Also unless you're running your own business get used to resenting management. Don't like it tough you aren't forced to be there. Either find a employer you feel good about working for or start your own chit. This is "Merica where you have that choice.

I stayed because I interviewed for inbound dock clerk and got it.  I had to set building records stowing in the goddamn racks to get that opportunity though.  Then I spent a year unloading and doing trailer, dock and release.

The problem is they don't promote from within.  I'm stuck as a tier 3 forever UNLESS I leave the building for one that's opening up somewhere I don't want to live.  Area Managers come in straight out of college with no knowledge of what they are doing, zero.  Then someone like me trains them how to do their job and I only make 5 bucks more an hour than a new hire tier 1 now.  50 bucks a day 200 a week.  It's bullchit m8 but as Max Holloway and now Dana White would say "It is what is it"

This is the consequences I must pay for partying my way out of two different universities.  I was b!tching to my father about work and he cut me off pretty quick.  He said he wishes he had all the money back that was blown in Knoxville and Johnson City.

Anyway hopefully I can get on the TOM team as a yard dog and the coin will be good especially for this area.  Not that 20 is bad I own 2 vehicles and can do what I want for the most part but 25 would be a lot better.  250 dollar days would set me up to make close to an AM yearly (plus some OT) without having to deal with the BS inside the building.  Those little trucks are only 3 speed automatics I could back a trailer up faster than most of those idiots and not have the freight topple over like they consistently do.

Sorry for going full Stomp.

Edited by PlatinumClegg
  • Like 1

Oh yeah Nyte is the perfect example of what I am talking about regarding salary Area Managers with signing bonuses.  He graduated college and went straight in with a signing bonus.  A signing bonus that he was actually b*tching on here about getting d!cked around on lol.

14 hours ago, StompGrind said:

That main thing that bothers me from my own perspective is the other party shouldn't be allowed to touch what another person comes into the marriage with. What you earn after together even if the agreement is one person doesn't work is much more fair game. I know that can be really really tricky especially with joint accounts, the other works sometimes etc. so it may be difficult or impossible to verify who exactly contributed what but i still think a 50 rate is still a little out the fairness ball park IMO especially if the other person did not contribute.  

I see what your saying and I mostly agree with it.

I look at it as what you come in at the start should be a sliding scale. Divorce in the first few years and you walk away with your **** and split the stuff from the marriage. But as time goes on that starts to fade and eventually it's just the married peoples ****.

My sister got ****ed.

She bought a house to live in, and a place to use as a rental property. Years later she dated a guy, they married for less than a year and the guy hit her kid and they split. The guy in the divorce was awarded the rental property. Blew my mind. I told her to get a better lawyer, because how the **** can that happen. But It did.

On 1/10/2019 at 9:53 PM, Bwana said:

They started Amazon 1 year after getting married, she was his book keeper the first year(he was mainly selling books/novels)...after the business took off she stayed home pregnant with 4 kids from his c0ck

Blowing his wiener for 1/4 of a century, then he cheats....she legit gets half

Oh please give me a break, you really think for a second he couldn't have afforded to hire a babysitter to watch his kids while at work? Seriously?

Somebody give me one justifiable reason why she should come out of this with 60 billion +. Please.

On 1/10/2019 at 7:27 PM, StompGrind said:

Literally was the first thing I thought of after reading about this, had to rewatch. Easily one of his best segments ever, and so much truth to it as well. Beautiful 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Weidman_The_God said:

Somebody give me one justifiable reason why she should come out of this with 60 billion +. Please.

Because he was too stupid to move to a state, that didn't different marital equity laws.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bwana said:

Because he was too stupid to move to a state, that didn't different marital equity laws.

What does his own personal ignorance of marital laws have to do with her deserving 60 billion +?

8 minutes ago, Weidman_The_God said:

What does his own personal ignorance of marital laws have to do with her deserving 60 billion +?

lol, when you have 120 billion and a staff of attorneys on retainer, I'm quite sure he knew the potential of a marital fallout....Bezo doesn't get to play the victim card with me.

I trust her spending of the assets on Save the Whales and puppy farms, more than his divisive manipulation of politics.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

I stayed because I interviewed for inbound dock clerk and got it.  I had to set building records stowing in the goddamn racks to get that opportunity though.  Then I spent a year unloading and doing trailer, dock and release.

The problem is they don't promote from within.  I'm stuck as a tier 3 forever UNLESS I leave the building for one that's opening up somewhere I don't want to live.  Area Managers come in straight out of college with no knowledge of what they are doing, zero.  Then someone like me trains them how to do their job and I only make 5 bucks more an hour than a new hire tier 1 now.  50 bucks a day 200 a week.  It's bullchit m8 but as Max Holloway and now Dana White would say "It is what is it"

This is the consequences I must pay for partying my way out of two different universities.  I was b!tching to my father about work and he cut me off pretty quick.  He said he wishes he had all the money back that was blown in Knoxville and Johnson City.

Anyway hopefully I can get on the TOM team as a yard dog and the coin will be good especially for this area.  Not that 20 is bad I own 2 vehicles and can do what I want for the most part but 25 would be a lot better.  250 dollar days would set me up to make close to an AM yearly (plus some OT) without having to deal with the BS inside the building.  Those little trucks are only 3 speed automatics I could back a trailer up faster than most of those idiots and not have the freight topple over like they consistently do.

I feel ya. 

14 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Oh yeah Nyte is the perfect example of what I am talking about regarding salary Area Managers with signing bonuses.  He graduated college and went straight in with a signing bonus.  A signing bonus that he was actually b*tching on here about getting d!cked around on lol.

This happens in all companies....perfectly valid recruting technique 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Weidman_The_God said:

Oh please give me a break, you really think for a second he couldn't have afforded to hire a babysitter to watch his kids while at work? Seriously?

she had to bang this. at least 4 times.

180419121306-amazon-jeff-bezos-happy-exl

27 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

she had to bang this. at least 4 times.

180419121306-amazon-jeff-bezos-happy-exl

Dat one beady eye cracks me up every time. 

18 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

20 dollars an hour is what you start at as a career clerk at the USPS, and then you get step raises every six months until you max out at 30. You get 25% more per hour for Sunday premium pay, which you get for the entire shift if you clock in or out at any point on Sunday. So for example, I work tonight and clock out after midnight, I get the premium pay for the entire shift. If you work again tomorrow, you get it again. 

Night differential. Overtime for anything over 8. Double overtime for anything over 10. 

You're also enrolled in FERS, they match your TSP contributions, decent health insurance, a free life insurance policy (albeit it's only like a years pay), and you can set FSA's to pay for healthcare costs or childcare.

You just have to be a **** non-career employee for awhile and then you have it made.

Also, you get the protections and benefits of being a federal employee, but the USPS is completely self-funded so we still get paid when the Republicans shut down the government.

**** Amazon, m8. I'm doing the same job and getting paid better. You should too.

Edited by 12er©
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, 12er© said:

20 dollars an hour is what you start at as a career clerk at the USPS, and then you get step raises every six months until you max out at 30. You get 25% more per hour for Sunday premium pay, which you get for the entire shift if you clock in or out at any point on Sunday. So for example, I work tonight and clock out after midnight, I get the premium pay for the entire shift. If you work again tomorrow, you get it again. 

Night differential. Overtime for anything over 8. Double overtime for anything over 10. 

You're also enrolled in FERS, they match your TSP contributions, decent health insurance, a free life insurance policy (albeit it's only like a years pay), and you can set FSA's to pay for healthcare costs or childcare.

You just have to be a **** non-career employee for awhile and then you have it made.

Also, you get the protections and benefits of being a federal employee, but the USPS is completely self-funded so we still get paid when the Republicans shut down the government.

**** Amazon, m8. I'm doing the same job and getting paid better. You should too.

I agree.  They still owe me stocks and I'm close to being on the TOM team.  As in the end of this year close.

People can think 20 an hour is trash for all I care.  The average annual income in the area is $23,066 and I made 41 grand in 2017 while being a tier 1 90% of the year.  Worked less hours this past year and made 44.  National average is $28,500.  National average for 25-34 years old is 38k.

I can drive any piece of PIT on the planet so I'll survive.

2 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

I agree.  They still owe me stocks and I'm close to being on the TOM team.  As in the end of this year close.

People can think 20 an hour is trash for all I care.  The average annual income in the area is $23,066 and I made 41 grand in 2017 while being a tier 1 90% of the year.  Worked less hours this past year and made 44.  National average is $28,500.  National average for 25-34 years old is 38k.

I can drive any piece of PIT on the planet so I'll survive.

20 dollars an hour is better where you live than where I live, but there's no reason not to take a bigger paycheck.

If you're comfortable where you're at, then by all means, but you always talk about it like you hate it. I figured I'd give you a heads up on another job you'd be overqualified for.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 12er© said:

20 dollars an hour is better where you live than where I live, but there's no reason not to take a bigger paycheck.

If you're comfortable where you're at, then by all means, but you always talk about it like you hate it. I figured I'd give you a heads up on another job you'd be overqualified for.

I'd fail the drug test.  The swab tests are why I really work there.  When I back up over something or someone I just take my visine bottle of listerine out and easily pass that ****.

BlandTanAfricanwildcat-size_restricted.g

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, 12er© said:

You are getting paid more...good for you but USPS doesnt have a sustanible model....

11 hours ago, VertFTW said:

You are getting paid more...good for you but USPS doesnt have a sustanible model....

Are you retarded? They have a monopoly on all letter mail in the entire United States. Furthermore, in addition to their own budding package delivery, they also pick up business off UPS and Fed Ex, because delivering a dildo to East Hicksville Wyoming isn't worth the effort and the USPS is already going out there.

The reason the postal service is hemorrhaging money is because of a law put into place by a republican controlled congress in 2006 that required them to fund employee health benefits in advance for 75 years.

Put that law into place for every business in the U.S and see how many actually stay afloat.

That said, eventually they will have to fix it because it will actually hurt their rural base if the USPS goes away. You think Fed Ex and UPS are going to deliver to rural idiots for the prices they get today?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 12er© said:

Are you retarded? They have a monopoly on all letter mail in the entire United States. Furthermore, in addition to their own budding package delivery, they also pick up business off UPS and Fed Ex, because delivering a dildo to East Hicksville Wyoming isn't worth the effort and the USPS is already going out there.

The reason the postal service is hemorrhaging money is because of a law put into place by a republican controlled congress in 2006 that required them to fund employee health benefits in advance for 75 years.

Put that law into place for every business in the U.S and see how many actually stay afloat.

That said, eventually they will have to fix it because it will actually hurt their rural base if the USPS goes away. You think Fed Ex and UPS are going to deliver to rural idiots for the prices they get today?

yeah they legit have a damn monopoly and will be fine / will survive.

and the reason isnt just the prefunding. Their volume was down like multiple billions of pieces last year, i think first class mail was down significantly too which is the premo revenue stream for them. hopefully the recently announced price increases help them recoup.

They also invested a bunch of money in some new trucks that apparently most of the mailmen hate, poor guys have it tough enough doing that job. but this is a jeff bezos thread

what this shows you is that no matter how smart you are, youre D will always get you in trouble. and im sure he thought his GF loved him because hes so tall and handsome..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shkrelz said:

yeah they legit have a damn monopoly and will be fine / will survive.

and the reason isnt just the prefunding. Their volume was down like multiple billions of pieces last year, i think first class mail was down significantly too which is the premo revenue stream for them. hopefully the recently announced price increases help them recoup.

They also invested a bunch of money in some new trucks that apparently most of the mailmen hate, poor guys have it tough enough doing that job. but this is a jeff bezos thread

I think USPS does a fantastic job and always has, their pricing structure is more than fair,,,and a significant price increase is warranted if they choose to do so. Our mail service is far superior to any in the world, and considering that most mail/packages are delivered to your door step...pretty amazing really. People take the mail service for granted, and need to see how other countries citizens have to get their mail...and how long it takes to send a simple letter, yet a package wondering if it will ever really arrive at the destination.

I live in a rural area, on top of a mountain...my gravel driveway is about 1/2 mile long, and straight up a hill the whole way. Yet my mailgirl happily delivers packages to my front porch, even calls me when I'm not home for insured packages to meet her and pick-up. Rain/snow it doesn't matter, the mail service trudges onward. I tip her $300 every year at Christmas, cash in a Holiday card with a note thanking her for her hard work and dedication. Is her service worth that, yes it is to me...does she appreciate the thought ?, yes

ml-ty.jpg

UPS has been a total failure in my opinion, they has disappointed me so many times it's comical...along with NO Saturday deliveries, they serve no purpose other than free enterprise. Today I was expecting a $1000 delivery of ammunition, and tracked it to my local distribution center, because of the snow and bad roads here,,,I decided to put the delivery on HOLD and pick it up myself, otherwise it won't arrive till Friday or even Monday of next week.

As the following UPS chart shows> On HOLD > Out for Delivery....fugging azzholes

• Like 2

Progress Indicator

Status   Date Location Activity

Future Event

Delivery - -

Current Event

Out for Delivery     01/14/2019 7:21 A.M.       North Apollo, PA, United States

Past Event

Hold for Pickup Requested     01/13/2019 4:38 P.M.       North Apollo, PA, United States

Past Event

Shipped 01/10/2019 11:33 P.M.       Earth City, MO, United States

Past Event

Label Created 01/10/2019 7:30 P.M. United States  

So I log on and put my package on HOLD for customer pick-up yesterday, they say "thank you" for holding request...and put it out for delivery today, in which they couldn't get up my driveway if their life depended on it. If the road isn't bare gravel, they aren't coming plain and simple.

So he's driving around with $1000 of live ammunition in the truck, hope he doesn't decide to catch a smoke in the back lol

On 1/13/2019 at 7:17 AM, VertFTW said:

23 hours ago, 12er© said:

we've got a guy who handles mail packages throwing down with a guy who handles male packages.

i dont know who to root for in this heated exchange

Edited by -idyb-

23 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

we've got a guy who handles mail packages throwing down with a guy who handles male packages.

i dont know who to root for in this heated exchange

12 basically ended up agreeing with me in his rant. lol

10 hours ago, Bwana said:

So I log on and put my package on HOLD for customer pick-up yesterday, they say "thank you" for holding request...and put it out for delivery today, in which they couldn't get up my driveway if their life depended on it. If the road isn't bare gravel, they aren't coming plain and simple.

So he's driving around with $1000 of live ammunition in the truck, hope he doesn't decide to catch a smoke in the back lol

So to finish the debacle, I go to the UPS distribution center to pick up my ammo,,,only open from 5-6pm for pick up. I get there 15 minutes early, and walk up to the door, they're open...walk in and say "oh, you're open early",,,lady says "no, we open at 9am for pick up",,,I said "the web site says 5-6pm only !",,,she says "we open at 9am"

Fukk UPS Brown, give me USPS every day...not even close.

14 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

usually when someone agrees with you, the first thing they are going to respond back to you with probably isnt going to be "are you retarded?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, VertFTW said:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a guy who misspells 12er missed the point I made.

5 hours ago, 12er© said:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a guy who misspells 12er missed the point I made.

I understood the point you made....you also confirmed my point that the current business model is unsustainable(retiree benefits)....this needs to be fixed or USPS is toast eventually.

1 hour ago, VertFTW said:

I understood the point you made....you also confirmed my point that the current business model is unsustainable(retiree benefits)....this needs to be fixed or USPS is toast eventually.

No, dummy. Having to prefund them for an employees entire life in advance is the problem.

24 minutes ago, 12er© said:

No, dummy. Having to prefund them for an employees entire life in advance is the problem.

yeah that too...again...the business model isnt sustanible....aka my original point.

6 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

yeah that too...again...the business model isnt sustanible....aka my original point.

That's not their business model, it was a law put into place arbitrarily by congress. It wouldn't be sustainable for any business, you ****ing retard.

35 minutes ago, 12er© said:

That's not their business model, it was a law put into place arbitrarily by congress. It wouldn't be sustainable for any business, you ****ing retard.

its something they have to comply to so yeah its part of how they run their business(aka business model).

1 hour ago, VertFTW said:

its something they have to comply to so yeah its part of how they run their business(aka business model).

You can play games of semantics all you want, but your central thesis is still incorrect and you are still an idiot.