Sign in to follow this  
America

Question on Khabib

If NSAC lays the ban hammer on him can he still fight in Russia in April?

Not sure how all that works or if Dana has the balls to put him on a Russia card after the Nevada suspension.

I share the same opinion as sober.

Also, I do believe Khabib being 'banned' for a reasonable amount of time would work well for New FC. 

He is not a drawer for the casuals, he is just too dominant in the division with only maybe one or two guys able to give him a challenge (Ferg being the main one imo).

Khabib being suspended and stripped for lets a year would do wonders for baldy who would be able to have his biggest cash cow (Conor) with a chance of holding that belt again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sobercuban said:

There's a zero percent chance the UFC would let a suspended fighter compete.  

Whats your guess on the possible implications? They're hardy the epitome of morality so I wouldn't put it past them if they could get away with it. Look at Bisping being given the Gastelum fight, he was banned on legit health reasons.

Edited by Marble

Just now, Marble said:

What would you guess/know would be the implications? They're hardy the epitome of morality so I wouldn't put it past them if they could get away with it. Look at Bisping being given the Gastelum fight he was banned on legit health reasons.

Sad but yeah you do made a good point too

22 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

he is just too dominant in the division with only maybe one or two guys able to give him a challenge (Ferg being the main one imo).

This is spot on. 

Your points on the ban are interesting and logical. I suspect any ban may already be served or at least served by his next fight. 

• Like 1

Hes gonna retire anyway soon. He already smashed everyone hea faced. Unless he fights Tony, theres really no interesting fight for him left at 155lbs and even then he smashes that weirdo. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Hes gonna retire anyway soon. He already smashed everyone hea faced. Unless he fights Tony, theres really no interesting fight for him left at 155lbs and even then he smashes that weirdo. 

What? Ferguson, Holloway, Poirier, etc.

Not to mention he can grow a pair and move up a division too and not be a Jones

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, PATSTER said:

What? Ferguson, Holloway, Poirier, etc.

Not to mention he can grow a pair and move up a division too and not be a Jones

Lol.  Ferguson was getting stomped by LOLKEVINLEE before wrapping his legs around his head and winning via cowardice. Not to mention Pettis was knocking his eyebrows off, which is #sad. 

Poirier? Lol. 

Don't try to troll the Poster of the YEAR 2018. 

I heard the same thing from you idiots about EVERYONE Khabib has fought or potential matchups. Durr durr durr Kevin Lee, durr durr durr Conor McGregor, durr durr durr Barboza, durr durr durr Michael Johnson. 

Alhamdulilah, he SMASHES all of your favorite fighters. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sobercuban said:

maybe other organizations,  but not the new UFC. If they see dollar signs, theyll do whatever it takes to make the show go on.   if they are willing to relocate an event on less than a weeks notice because their guy got popped for being on steroids, theyll pretty much try anything at this point if dana sees dollar signs reflecting off of his bald gleaming dome.

theyll host mcnuggets vs the great khabib 2 in japan if dana sees potential money, and the commission has a problem with it.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Also, LOL at @PATSTER bringing up the "moving up" bullchit. They're all weight cutting cans, stop acting like theres an advantage.

Its a fight, get over it. 

No ****, all I'm saying is it's admirable for guys to take challenges at higher divisions, especially if he truly thinks there is nobody else to fight 

Edited by PATSTER
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, PATSTER said:

No ****, all I'm saying is it's admirable for guys to take challenges at higher divisions, especially if he truly thinks there is nobody else to fight 

Move up to 170lb were they have four champions, a racist, and your brother? LOL. 

I agree he should move up, but move up 205lbs and smash Jones. 

Edited by I_Take_Roids_m8
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Hes literally faced nobodies. McGregor and Barbosa, both strikers with zero ground game. Wow.

2 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I agree. Ferg is the only guy for him at 155 and his manager already said it aint happening.

Sad because I was dying for to watch this fight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BART-O-LINI said:

Hes literally faced nobodies. McGregor and Barbosa, both strikers with zero ground game. Wow.

Literally no one cares what you say. Also, he killed both on the feet too, kys.

Edited by I_Take_Roids_m8
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BART-O-LINI said:

He's literally beaten everyone they've put in front of him. They all know what he's going to do but none of them can stop it.

• Like 2

It is not Khabibs fault that the 155 divisio got no wretlers to compete with him.

I still think Ferg is the only guy who can bring legit problems to Khabin but even that we dont know for sure.

I liked Lee's odds too but his cardio would probably put him in trouble after round 3.

6 hours ago, Marble said:

Whats your guess on the possible implications? They're hardy the epitome of morality so I wouldn't put it past them if they could get away with it. Look at Bisping being given the Gastelum fight, he was banned on legit health reasons.

I doubt they want to get in bad with commissions because it could jeopardize future events IMO.  Especially the NSAC

• Like 2

4 hours ago, -idyb- said:

maybe other organizations,  but not the new UFC. If they see dollar signs, theyll do whatever it takes to make the show go on.   if they are willing to relocate an event on less than a weeks notice because their guy got popped for being on steroids, theyll pretty much try anything at this point if dana sees dollar signs reflecting off of his bald gleaming dome.

theyll host mcnuggets vs the great khabib 2 in japan if dana sees potential money, and the commission has a problem with it.

zero percent chance

6 hours ago, Marble said:

I agree on the morality issue. The UFC (and certainly its parent company) have typical corporate ethics - profits and self-preservation above all else. However, it's those very business ethics that prevent them from letting a suspended fighter compete.

Even though we've legitimately criticized the current UFC for sacrificing long term stability in favor of short term gains, not even these folks are that short sided. They know that the business they'd do by letting a suspended fighter compete (e.g. Khabib in Russia) is in no way worth the damage it would cause in their relationship with the NAC. Given that they're based in Las Vegas and hold the lion's share of shows there, flaunting a NAC suspension would be disastrous for them.

Smaller promotions in other countries that are unlikely to ever do business in Nevada (or anywhere in the US for that matter) are more likely to allow a suspended fighter to compete.

Now, what I think would be interesting is if one state's athletic commission didn't respect the suspensions of other state commissions. So far it's more or less a gentleman's agreement that the commissions will acknowledge one another and not cut each other off at the knees when it comes to punishing fighters. However, that doesn't mean it couldn't ever happen, particularly in the case of a small promotion that functions only within the confines of that state.

7 hours ago, sobercuban said:

They literally just moved an event to accommodate a fighter who couldn't be licensed in Nevada due to another failed drug test.

Zuffa UFC wouldn't let him fight if Nevada said no. WME UFC gives zero ****s about the integrity of the sport. 

57 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

zero percent chance

wasnt there once a zero percent chance that women wouldnt be fighting in the ufc?

Edited by -idyb-

1 hour ago, skillandpower said:

It is not Khabibs fault that the 155 divisio got no wretlers to compete with him.

I still think Ferg is the only guy who can bring legit problems to Khabin but even that we dont know for sure.

I liked Lee's odds too but his cardio would probably put him in trouble after round 3.

155 lbs has plenty of wrasslers. Those of us who think the Dagescrandy is an overrated can were getting behind Kevin Lee to be the man to shut down his wrestle **** style, unfortunately Kevin ran into a wALl on his way there and is permanently derailed at that weight class.

53 minutes ago, 12er© said:

They literally just moved an event to accommodate a fighter who couldn't be licensed in Nevada due to another failed drug test.

Zuffa UFC wouldn't let him fight if Nevada said no. WME UFC gives zero ****s about the integrity of the sport. 

Well when it happens you can say "I told you so"

But it won't 

3 hours ago, sobercuban said:

Well when it happens you can say "I told you so"

But it won't 

It's never going to happen because the NSAC will probably give him a slap on the wrist, but even if they don't, it's not likely to be longer than a year and Khabib fights once every 24 months on average anyway.

• Like 1

Honestly he should just get Dana to make the 165 class and rape Georges there and become champ champ.

Then if Woodley doesnt fake another injury give him the fluffy white hat night he's been begging for and retire as champchampchamp.

34 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Honestly he should just get Dana to make the 165 class and rape Georges there and become champ champ.

Then if Woodley doesnt fake another injury give him the fluffy white hat night he's been begging for and retire as champchampchamp.

George would jab him for 25 minutes and make it look easy.

I say that as someone who hates George.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Marble said:

I don't know the logistics of the agreement but you'd think Dana would be more inclined to have let that slide with Bisping since it was likely one of his last fights.

1 hour ago, 12er© said:

And Woodley would rip his ****ing head off of his shoulders in 60 seconds.

no they would not let him fight in russia in april... the "ban hammer" would be a 1 year suspension, most likely he will get 6 months and a 200K fine. The ufc will book him when hes cleared to fight, they will probably opt for a Poirer v Ferguson interim anyway because it gives them another headliner with a "title" without having to waste a real title fight. Khabib is a prize fighter now, you can say whatever you want about how hardcore he is etc, the dude already started calling out floyd, then his dad started quoting Dollar figures for a conor rematch etc.. He will fight Tony, Georges, or Conor. Prob has 2-3 fights left in his career

the great khabib vs georges st. pierre is the only superfight worth talking about.

6 minutes ago, Shkrelz said:

the dude already started calling out floyd

Am I supposed to be impressed by him trying to hit the lottery?

The guy would get it worse than Tenshin from Floyd. lol

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Am I supposed to be impressed by him trying to hit the lottery?

The guy would get it worse than Tenshin from Floyd. lol

agreed. my pt is he is no rush to take afight, hes sittin and waitin for the $.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Shkrelz said:

no they would not let him fight in russia in april... the "ban hammer" would be a 1 year suspension, most likely he will get 6 months and a 200K fine. The ufc will book him when hes cleared to fight, they will probably opt for a Poirer v Ferguson interim anyway because it gives them another headliner with a "title" without having to waste a real title fight. Khabib is a prize fighter now, you can say whatever you want about how hardcore he is etc, the dude already started calling out floyd, then his dad started quoting Dollar figures for a conor rematch etc.. He will fight Tony, Georges, or Conor. Prob has 2-3 fights left in his career

Yeah for a guy that was so critical of Conor's approach a lot of it seems to have rubbed off on him in one fight.

He needs to fire that Ali Abdelaziz dude talks far too much for someone that doesn't fight and I reckon some of the stuff he's putting out actually hurts Khabib's image like shooting down the Tony fight.

But that's what you get when you employ a fooking terrorist.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Yeah for a guy that was so critical of Conor's approach a lot of it seems to have rubbed off on him in one fight.

he got a taste of that sweet multi million dollar nectar and doesnt want to go back to the old days of smashing cans for pennies on the dollar, thats what rubbed off on him. 

imagine he ends up getting offered a fight with Peahead or something. he will turn it down and beg conor or even Nate diaz for the money now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 12er© said:

Nahm8 Khabib would hunksmash him and make him tap to Allah

45 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Nate Diaz already turned a fight down in 2014.

I was in the crowd when Nate accepted the fight at WSOF 22. He lost. His boys lost too. I scored it unanimous for the terrorists.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, 12er© said:

It's never going to happen because the NSAC will probably give him a slap on the wrist, but even if they don't, it's not likely to be longer than a year and Khabib fights once every 24 months on average anyway.

No I mean ever.  Regardless of fighter.  Especially not the NSAC, they wouldn't risk future events in their home state because they wanted to disregard the commission.  The Jon Jones venue change isn't a good comparison.  California commission was already familiar with the issue, Nevada must have felt like they couldn't do their due diligence in time.  

I just want to know when we can stop acting like Nate Diaz is a star. Nate Diaz moves the needle when he's fighting Conor. Make Diaz vs anybody besides Conor, he does 200k buys tops.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

I still would rather see Khabib vs Ferg for now

If Khabib is suspended, Max can kill Tony in the cage...then face Khabib when he's set free.

1 minute ago, Bwana said:

If Khabib is suspended, Max can kill Tony in the cage...then face Khabib when he's set free.

Hmmm Max vs Ferg is also a dope match up as well