Sign in to follow this  
OzStraya

UFC Predictions League 2019 - commish wanted

Since McMod hates us and is not willing to be the people's mod, we need a new commish.

We have one week. If you're interested in keeping the best game on the forum running, please volunteer below, or nominate your candidate.

Alternatively, please voice your displeasure at McMod for abandoning us in our time of need. 

Oz's Potential commish's below... 

@Bubba_Sparks because he's the fairest,most trustworthy and runs the farthest

@VertFTW because it would be hilarious

@BART-O-LINI because he's the most annoying and always first to post his results, and was the default champion of 2018

@cashfl0w because he quit last year under questionable circumstances,then continued to let everyone know what a better predictor he was than them, and works in IT so this would be a piece of cake for him

@Jolldan because he spends more time making post event articles and spamming comic movie news than it would take to update a spreadsheet, and he has a nice office

@AndyWang because Asian/Maths

@Mcmax3000 because he should prove he doesn't hate us

@StompGrind because every update has about 40 lines which is relatively small for one of his usual posts and he would have the opportunity to break down things in long winded posts and homemade gifs 

Please add your nominee and reason below. We have a little under a week gentlemen. I know I can't be the only one slowly fading from this place, despite nearly ten years here. We need this game. 

#MakeTheForumGreatAgain

Edited by OzStraya
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BART-O-LINI said:

Sorry, running a camp league

How is it going this year plus December anyway?

14 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

How is it going this year plus December anyway?

Not hard if you stay on top of it. I feel like I'm pretty timely with updates so far.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Since McMod hates us and is not willing to be the people's mod, we need a new commish.

We have one week. If you're interested in keeping the best game on the forum running, please volunteer below, or nominate your candidate.

Alternatively, please voice your displeasure at McMod for abandoning us in our time of need. 

Oz's Potential commish's below... 

@Bubba_Sparks because he's the fairest,most trustworthy and runs the farthest

@VertFTW because it would be hilarious

@BART-O-LINI because he's the most annoying and always first to post his results, and was the default champion of 2018

@cashfl0w because he quit last year under questionable circumstances,then continued to let everyone know what a better predictor he was than them, and works in IT so this would be a piece of cake for him

@Jolldan because he spends more time making post event articles and spamming comic movie news than it would take to update a spreadsheet, and he has a nice office

@AndyWang because Asian/Maths

@Mcmax3000 because he should prove he doesn't hate us

@StompGrind because every update has about 40 lines which is relatively small for one of his usual posts and he would have the opportunity to break down things in long winded posts and homemade gifs 

Please add your nominee and reason below. We have a little under a week gentlemen. I know I can't be the only one slowly fading from this place, despite nearly ten years here. We need this game. 

#MakeTheForumGreatAgain

Thank you for the inclusion.  I will politely decline the opportunity.

@Decompoze looks like the glaring omission to me.  He has proven to be a worthy successor to McMod in the Prediction Tournament.  Perhaps this could be the next logical step in his career progression?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I got bant after week two last season. It's crazy how you all made up a story to yourselves about how you took me out, or I tapped, whatever nonsense you all concocted in your heads.

3 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Thank you for the inclusion.  I will politely decline the opportunity.

@Decompoze looks like the glaring omission to me.  He has proven to be a worthy successor to McMod in the Prediction Tournament.  Perhaps this could be the next logical step in his career progression?

Not going to lie, if there is a maximum ceiling on how rustled one can be, then that omission caused my rustle levels to blast through it and continue on into space.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

I got bant after week two last season. It's crazy how you all made up a story to yourselves about how you took me out, or I tapped, whatever nonsense you all concocted in your heads.

Yeah, lol

35 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Yeah, lol

Talk to Juice. I didn't know it was banworthy to call an attention wh0re, an attention wh0re.

I volunteer to do it...but..

I will have last years winner striken from the records since I dont feel Bart won.

I will make a few rule changes,

I need training from mcmod on how to use his spreadsheet system

I wont participate in this years tourney since being commish would take away from my performance

I want mod powers in order to enforce rules and punish cheaters

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VertFTW said:

I volunteer to do it...but..

I will have last years winner striken from the records since I dont feel Bart won.

I will make a few rule changes,

I need training from mcmod on how to use his spreadsheet system

I wont participate in this years tourney since being commish would take away from my performance

I want mod powers in order to enforce rules and punish cheaters

sounds like a plan if you ask me :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, AndyWang said:

mcmax wants us to just make our picks here

I mean, I won't stop you from posting picks in that thread, but you're going to be sorely disappointed if you expect me to even look at them when you do.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Mcmax3000 said:

I mean, I won't stop you from posting picks in that thread, but you're going to be sorely disappointed if you expect me to even look at them when you do.

so your back as commish brah?

• Like 1

I'm concerned to ask this, since when I asked Soup a similar question it finally broke him and sent him packing. But, Mcmod, what keeps you here? You seem to enjoy WWE more than MMA and don't really seem to enjoy interacting with this plethora of arseholes... 

?

1 hour ago, VertFTW said:

will you participate if im the commish?

I have no intentions of participating no matter who runs it.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, OzStraya said:

But, Mcmod, what keeps you here?

I honestly don't have a good answer to that at this point.

1 hour ago, OzStraya said:

You seem to enjoy WWE more than MMA

There was a time when that wasn't the case, but I'd say that's accurate now (well, pro wrestling in general... WWE is mostly crap these days).

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mcmax3000 said:

I honestly don't have a good answer to that at this point.

There was a time when that wasn't the case, but I'd say that's accurate now (well, pro wrestling in general... WWE is mostly crap these days).

Well, I for one appreciate the work you do. 

Xx

Now PLEASE run this for us? Or at least provide @Decompoze with your spreadsheet?

11 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Well, I for one appreciate the work you do. 

Xx

Now PLEASE run this for us? Or at least provide @Decompoze with your spreadsheet?

You better edit me into that OP with a glowing and/or witty description if I am to even consider being locked into this nightmare.

• Like 3

Now PLEASE run this for us?

No

Or at least provide @Decompoze with your spreadsheet?

I mean, there would be nothing stopping anyone from downloading the spreadsheet from the link I provide.

• Like 1

A piece of advise for the next commish, make it mandatory to submit the picks via pm, so you can skip the thread altogether.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, amunera said:

A piece of advise for the next commish, make it mandatory to submit the picks via pm, so you can skip the thread altogether.

That's probably the change I would make if I were running it again.

1 hour ago, amunera said:

image.png.241f0032a30d7ef60637bb0f625b0206.png

I also nominate @Decompoze

because he is well organised and realistically the best man for the job. Seems to ignore the petty bs enough to run a game well and had the respect of the forum members. Also because of the fact he takes a beating with a smile on his face any time we face off in tourneys that he runs himself (!!!! That alone is GOAT status) then moves along happy as ever.

Actual post fight interview footage of @Decompozelast time we danced

a8f7620e-0d17-469f-875c-9046688302d8_text.gif

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, OzStraya said:

I also nominate @Decompoze

because he is well organised and realistically the best man for the job. Seems to ignore the petty bs enough to run a game well and had the respect of the forum members. Also because of the fact he takes a beating with a smile on his face any time we face off in tourneys that he runs himself (!!!! That alone is GOAT status) then moves along happy as ever.

Actual post fight interview footage of @Decompozelast time we danced

a8f7620e-0d17-469f-875c-9046688302d8_text.gif

LOL. You did good m8. Well done.

I see you forgot who was holding the paddle in our first match. (inb4exhibitionmatchismentioned) 

I'll consider running this.

Edited by Decompoze
  • Like 1