Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OzStraya

UFC Predictions League 2019 - commish wanted

Recommended Posts

Since McMod hates us and is not willing to be the people's mod, we need a new commish.

 

We have one week. If you're interested in keeping the best game on the forum running, please volunteer below, or nominate your candidate.

 

Alternatively, please voice your displeasure at McMod for abandoning us in our time of need. 

Oz's Potential commish's below... 

@Bubba_Sparks because he's the fairest,most trustworthy and runs the farthest

@VertFTW because it would be hilarious

@BART-O-LINI because he's the most annoying and always first to post his results, and was the default champion of 2018

@cashfl0w because he quit last year under questionable circumstances,then continued to let everyone know what a better predictor he was than them, and works in IT so this would be a piece of cake for him

@Jolldan because he spends more time making post event articles and spamming comic movie news than it would take to update a spreadsheet, and he has a nice office

@AndyWang because Asian/Maths

@Mcmax3000 because he should prove he doesn't hate us

@StompGrind because every update has about 40 lines which is relatively small for one of his usual posts and he would have the opportunity to break down things in long winded posts and homemade gifs 

 

Please add your nominee and reason below. We have a little under a week gentlemen. I know I can't be the only one slowly fading from this place, despite nearly ten years here. We need this game. 

#MakeTheForumGreatAgain

Edited by OzStraya
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BART-O-LINI said:

Sorry, running a camp league

How is it going this year plus December anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

How is it going this year plus December anyway?

Not hard if you stay on top of it. I feel like I'm pretty timely with updates so far.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Since McMod hates us and is not willing to be the people's mod, we need a new commish.

 

We have one week. If you're interested in keeping the best game on the forum running, please volunteer below, or nominate your candidate.

 

Alternatively, please voice your displeasure at McMod for abandoning us in our time of need. 

Oz's Potential commish's below... 

@Bubba_Sparks because he's the fairest,most trustworthy and runs the farthest

@VertFTW because it would be hilarious

@BART-O-LINI because he's the most annoying and always first to post his results, and was the default champion of 2018

@cashfl0w because he quit last year under questionable circumstances,then continued to let everyone know what a better predictor he was than them, and works in IT so this would be a piece of cake for him

@Jolldan because he spends more time making post event articles and spamming comic movie news than it would take to update a spreadsheet, and he has a nice office

@AndyWang because Asian/Maths

@Mcmax3000 because he should prove he doesn't hate us

@StompGrind because every update has about 40 lines which is relatively small for one of his usual posts and he would have the opportunity to break down things in long winded posts and homemade gifs 

 

Please add your nominee and reason below. We have a little under a week gentlemen. I know I can't be the only one slowly fading from this place, despite nearly ten years here. We need this game. 

#MakeTheForumGreatAgain

Thank you for the inclusion.  I will politely decline the opportunity.

@Decompoze looks like the glaring omission to me.  He has proven to be a worthy successor to McMod in the Prediction Tournament.  Perhaps this could be the next logical step in his career progression?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got bant after week two last season. It's crazy how you all made up a story to yourselves about how you took me out, or I tapped, whatever nonsense you all concocted in your heads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Thank you for the inclusion.  I will politely decline the opportunity.

@Decompoze looks like the glaring omission to me.  He has proven to be a worthy successor to McMod in the Prediction Tournament.  Perhaps this could be the next logical step in his career progression?

Not going to lie, if there is a maximum ceiling on how rustled one can be, then that omission caused my rustle levels to blast through it and continue on into space.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

I got bant after week two last season. It's crazy how you all made up a story to yourselves about how you took me out, or I tapped, whatever nonsense you all concocted in your heads.

Yeah, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Yeah, lol

Talk to Juice. I didn't know it was banworthy to call an attention wh0re, an attention wh0re.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I volunteer to do it...but..

 

I will have last years winner striken from the records since I dont feel Bart won.

I will make a few rule changes,

I need training from mcmod on how to use his spreadsheet system

I wont participate in this years tourney since being commish would take away from my performance

I want mod powers in order to enforce rules and punish cheaters

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VertFTW said:

I volunteer to do it...but..

 

I will have last years winner striken from the records since I dont feel Bart won.

I will make a few rule changes,

I need training from mcmod on how to use his spreadsheet system

I wont participate in this years tourney since being commish would take away from my performance

I want mod powers in order to enforce rules and punish cheaters

 

sounds like a plan if you ask me :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, AndyWang said:

mcmax wants us to just make our picks here

 

I mean, I won't stop you from posting picks in that thread, but you're going to be sorely disappointed if you expect me to even look at them when you do.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Mcmax3000 said:

I mean, I won't stop you from posting picks in that thread, but you're going to be sorely disappointed if you expect me to even look at them when you do.

so your back as commish brah?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm concerned to ask this, since when I asked Soup a similar question it finally broke him and sent him packing. But, Mcmod, what keeps you here? You seem to enjoy WWE more than MMA and don't really seem to enjoy interacting with this plethora of arseholes... 

 

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VertFTW said:

will you participate if im the commish?

I have no intentions of participating no matter who runs it.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OzStraya said:

But, Mcmod, what keeps you here?

I honestly don't have a good answer to that at this point.

1 hour ago, OzStraya said:

You seem to enjoy WWE more than MMA

There was a time when that wasn't the case, but I'd say that's accurate now (well, pro wrestling in general... WWE is mostly crap these days).

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mcmax3000 said:

I honestly don't have a good answer to that at this point.

There was a time when that wasn't the case, but I'd say that's accurate now (well, pro wrestling in general... WWE is mostly crap these days).

Well, I for one appreciate the work you do. 

 

 

Xx

 

 

Now PLEASE run this for us? Or at least provide @Decompoze with your spreadsheet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Well, I for one appreciate the work you do. 

 

 

Xx

 

 

Now PLEASE run this for us? Or at least provide @Decompoze with your spreadsheet?

You better edit me into that OP with a glowing and/or witty description if I am to even consider being locked into this nightmare.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Now PLEASE run this for us?

No

14 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Or at least provide @Decompoze with your spreadsheet?

I mean, there would be nothing stopping anyone from downloading the spreadsheet from the link I provide.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A piece of advise for the next commish, make it mandatory to submit the picks via pm, so you can skip the thread altogether.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, amunera said:

A piece of advise for the next commish, make it mandatory to submit the picks via pm, so you can skip the thread altogether.

That's probably the change I would make if I were running it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, amunera said:

A piece of advise for the next commish, make it mandatory to submit the picks via pm, so you can skip the thread altogether.

 

image.png.241f0032a30d7ef60637bb0f625b0206.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also nominate @Decompoze

 

because he is well organised and realistically the best man for the job. Seems to ignore the petty bs enough to run a game well and had the respect of the forum members. Also because of the fact he takes a beating with a smile on his face any time we face off in tourneys that he runs himself (!!!! That alone is GOAT status) then moves along happy as ever.

 

Actual post fight interview footage of @Decompozelast time we danced

 

 

a8f7620e-0d17-469f-875c-9046688302d8_text.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OzStraya said:

I also nominate @Decompoze

 

because he is well organised and realistically the best man for the job. Seems to ignore the petty bs enough to run a game well and had the respect of the forum members. Also because of the fact he takes a beating with a smile on his face any time we face off in tourneys that he runs himself (!!!! That alone is GOAT status) then moves along happy as ever.

 

Actual post fight interview footage of @Decompozelast time we danced

 

 

a8f7620e-0d17-469f-875c-9046688302d8_text.gif

LOL. You did good m8. Well done.

I see you forgot who was holding the paddle in our first match. (inb4exhibitionmatchismentioned) 

I'll consider running this.

Edited by Decompoze
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×