Sign in to follow this  
America

Jon Jones is on fire!

By fire, I mean he pissed hot yet again. 

Steroid metabolites have been found in Jon Jones’ system again.

Jones, the UFC light heavyweight champion, was drug tested in competition by the Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency (VADA) in relation to his UFC 232 fight last month with Alexander Gustafsson. The results, which came back this week, showed that the long-term oral Turinabol metabolite that has plagued Jones for more than a year was present, according to information obtained by MMA Fighting from the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC).

Jones had 33 picograms of 4-chloro-18-nor-17β-hydroxymethyl,17α-methyl-5α-androst-13-en-3α-ol (M3) (or DHMCT) in his system, per the commission. The urine sample was collected from him on the day of weigh-ins, Dec. 28. Jones defeated Alexander Gustafsson by third-round TKO in the main event of UFC 232 in Inglewood, Calif., a day later to regain the UFC light heavyweight belt.

CSAC will not take disciplinary action against Jones, executive officer Andy Foster said. This is the same, long-term M3 metabolite that Jones was suspended 15 months for stemming from a July 2017 sample collection in relation to UFC 214, Foster said. Foster said subsequent drug tests on Jones done by VADA, UFC partner USADA, and the commission have come back clean since the in-competition abnormal reading, including fight-night tests.

Foster said he checked again this week with Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratory (SMRTL) lab director Dr. Daniel Eichner and Eichner stood by his previous statement that there was no evidence that Jones had re-administered a banned substance and no performance-enhancing benefits.

“I spoke with the scientists,” Foster said. “They stand by their original statement. Nothing has changed. We’ve already punished Jon Jones for the M3 metabolite, which is a long-term metabolite. There’s no grounds to charge somebody twice for the same violation.”

This is the very same metabolite that came up in Jones’ drug-test results multiple times between August 2018 and December 2018, the last of which coming on Dec. 9, which led to the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) not wanting to license Jones to fight at UFC 232 without a proper hearing.

With Nevada unable to bring him before the commission until this month, the UFC moved the entire UFC 232 card, originally scheduled for Las Vegas, to Southern California. Foster, who had dealt with Jones’ UFC 214 situation, already had an understanding of the case and he trusted the word of Eichner and other experts that there was no evidence that Jones had taken any new prohibited substances. SMRTL is the lab that analyzed all of the Jones tests that have turned up the metabolite.

The published science on oral Turinabol states that the M3 metabolite of oral Turinabol can be detected in someone’s system for 40 to 50 days, though no new peer-reviewed studies have been done since 2011, because Turinabol is an illegal drug. This in-competition sample Dec. 28 was collected about 17 months after Jones initially tested positive for the metabolite. Per USADA and the UFC, the science in these cases is evolving and the amount found in Jones’ system is ultra trace down to the picogram level.

UFC vice president of athlete health and performance Jeff Novitzky told MMA Fighting that he’s not at all surprised that the M3 metabolite is still in Jones’ system and “pulsing” or showing up at different times. Novitzky said experts have theorized that the metabolite pops up in drug tests when Jones is cutting weight or doing heavy exercise, which could explain the weigh-in day abnormal reading. Like CSAC, USADA will not be taking any action against Jones for this instance, Novitzky said.

“Science-wise, it does make some sense,” Novitzky said. “Once again, there was no parent compound and none of the short- or medium-term metabolites, which tend to stick around for three or weeks. So this is even more indicative that for whatever reason this long-term metabolite is just hanging around in these tissues and they get expressed when you’re going through weight loss.”

Novitzky said USADA has found another UFC fighter, whom he would not name, who is going through a similar “pulsing” situation with the M3 metabolite. He had mentioned fighter Grant Dawsonpreviously as someone who had that metabolite in his system and a similar circumstance. USADA ultimately cleared Dawson.

Novitzky assured that USADA is not giving Jones a proverbial get-out-of-jail-free card every time this steroid metabolite pops up in his system.

“I don’t think it’s a blanket statement that every time that metabolite shows up that it’s automatically considered no re-administration,” he said “They’re looking at a lot of different factors each time it does show up. They’re looking at biological passport information to determine, are any of these other levels suspicious or raising or dropping. They’re looking to see if they can detect any of the shorter or medium term metabolites. It’s not accurate to say that every time this expresses itself in Jon it’s an automatic free pass. They look at it in detail every time it shows up to make sure that everything is consistent with no re-administration and no performance-enhancing benefit.”

Jones, 31, all along has denied knowingly taking any banned substances. He was suspended 15 months in his USADA case stemming from the UFC 214 positive test. Jones was facing a four-year ban as a repeat offender, but that was reduced to 18 months when Jones provided “substantial assistance,” or cooperation in an undisclosed, separate case. The suspension was reduced again to 15 months when arbitrator Richard McLaren determined that Jones did not likely ingest a prohibited substance intentionally.

The first time Jones, regarded as one of the best MMA fighters of all time, tested positive under USADA was in 2016, for the anti-estrogen agents clomiphene and Letrozol. He was suspended one year after arbitration in that case.

The fight against Gustafsson was Jones’ first bout since his win over Daniel Cormier was overturned at UFC 214 due to the positive drug test. Jones is now scheduled to defend his title against Anthony Smith in the main event of UFC 235 on March 2 in Las Vegas.

That booking is contingent on Jones being licensed by the NAC. Jones is scheduled to go before the commission in a hearing next Tuesday

Jesus, either piss clean or piss hot, but stop going back and forth for crying out loud! I truly believe he's on something and is trying to continually flush from his system, almost like he takes something and then works out and then uses a remedy to flush the evidence out of his system leaving a trace amount behind. I don't know, it's just odd how it's gone to and then it's present over and over.

Edited by DoctorMMA

We already knew this would happen when he said he could keep popping for the next 7 years.  It's very convenient for a 31 year old fighter to be able to piss hot for the remainder of his career.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, America said:

The wonderful part is that it's elevated again from the last time he pissed hot in early December.

Pulsing effect m8.  Sometimes he's clean, then he's hot, clean and a little more hot then normal.  He set himself up to say this chit can happen until he's 38 years old.  lol

• Like 3

The GOAT burns all your Jimmie's with picograms of effort.  Staymad

7LxyeF8.gif.b53e79e8198fb3e70835efae1986b42e.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Wasn't picgrams that resulted in a head kick ko win over cormier. That was timing and fight IQ and you can't picogram that.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BART-O-LINI said:

All you guys that are surprised by this should watch novitski on jre. Educate yourself.

This.

Also this 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BART-O-LINI said:

All you guys that are surprised by this should watch novitski on jre. Educate yourself.

You're a f*cking idiot.  That dude is the King of Turds.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

You're a f*cking idiot.  That dude is the King of Turds.

This subject is way over your head simpleton.

9 hours ago, OzStraya said:

The GOAT burns all your Jimmie's with picograms of effort.  Staymad

3 hours ago, OzStraya said:

This.

Also this 

You're back to spamming the same post over and over again?

38 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

You're back to spamming the same post over and over again?

mPv6czX.gif.00b3fb713b0c4df522ba20df9a4fec38.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PunchBag said:

Wasn't picgrams that resulted in a head kick ko win over cormier. That was timing and fight IQ and you can't picogram that.

Lel

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BART-O-LINI said:

Regardless of whether or not they believe the "pulsing" stuff, I promise you that nobody in 2019 is surprised by Jon Jones having a positive drug test.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, PunchBag said:

The drug he tested positive for apparently helps with weight cutting (I believe it helps people cut weight while still maintaining their strength or something like that... It's been awhile since I read it), so timing & fight IQ may have been the reason the kick happened when it did, that doesn't mean the drug didn't potentially help him get to that point, with the power for it to be a KO.

• Like 2

Also.. just because California isn't going to do anything doesn't mean  that Nevada wont **** slap dat punk azzzz 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Eclipse76 said:

Also.. just because California isn't going to do anything doesn't mean  that Nevada wont **** slap dat punk azzzz 

Nevada wants the tax money that his fights bring in just like California. They ain't gonna do ****.

• Haha 1

Just now, Mcmax3000 said:

Nevada wants the tax money that his fights bring in just like California. They ain't gonna do ****.

While I dont disagree with this... they did still stop him a week out on the last card there.. so my hope is their jimmies remain strong and just dont offer him  a license to fight there just to set a point 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, America said:

“I spoke with the scientists,” Foster said. “They stand by their original statement. Nothing has changed. We’ve already punished Jon Jones for the M3 metabolite, which is a long-term metabolite. There’s no grounds to charge somebody twice for the same violation.”

so basically  jon jones could get get charged for murder,  do a few years in the hole, get out and murder again.  hey as long as its the same violation, he wont be charged again when he was already punished right?

as long as he keeps snitching its all good i guess

Edited by -idyb-

1 hour ago, King_Can said:

dude has done so much roids that is now physically part of his genetic DNA

picobones jones is more steroid than man

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

so basically  jon jones could get get charged for murder,  do a few years in the hole, get out and murder again.  hey as long as its the same violation, he wont be charged again when he was already punished right?

In your comparrison he would have to murder the same guy. Which is impossible. 

Double jeopardy exists so you aren't punished for the same crime twice or go on trial twice.

However most people still believe Jones is taking it which is a new offese each time.

7 hours ago, BART-O-LINI said:

2 ufc employees defending another ufc employee. surprising!

plus rogan is a friend of jon jones and novitzky doesnt wanna lose his desk job.   jon jones could drunk drive his car over another pregnant lady and shoot up some more steroids right in front of the two of them and then go running back to grab the dope from the trunk, and they would still insist that he's innocent and fabricate a bunch of balogna that only the most diehard of fanboys would ever believe.

Edited by -idyb-

5 minutes ago, America said:

In your comparrison he would have to murder the same guy. Which is impossible. 

Double jeopardy exists so you aren't punished for the same crime twice or go on trial twice.

However most people still believe Jones is taking it which is a new offese each time.

okay bad example

so jon jones gets caught and hauled off to jail for masturbating at church.    he serves time, gets the privilege of registering as a sex offender and all that good stuff.  and then when he's out he goes and does it again. they wont charge him again for that crime because he's already been punished for it

better?

• Like 2

so basically according to the commission, jon jones gets a free pass to do all the turinabol his cocaine and steroid fueled heart desires.   he'll probably even be allowed to take a little pinch in between rounds just to get that testosterone pulsing again.

you know what f*ck it. if he's allowed to keep cycling the steroids, every other fighter should be allowed to roid up too. for f*ck sakes get rid of all these rules and just let them all bang. let brock lesnar and picobones jones juice themselves up to the gills for all i care,  then its fair game. just as long as they come to fight.   and besides, im tired of usada trying to ruin all these fights that i want to see.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

so basically according to the commission, jon jones gets a free pass to do all the turinabol his cocaine and steroid fueled heart desires.   he'll probably even be allowed to take a little pinch in between rounds just to get that testosterone pulsing again.

you know what f*ck it. if he's allowed to keep cycling the steroids, every other fighter should be allowed to roid up too. for f*ck sakes get rid of all these rules and just let them all bang. let brock lesnar and picobones jones juice themselves up to the gills for all i care,  then its fair game. just as long as they come to fight.   and besides, im tired of usada trying to ruin all these fights that i want to see.

I feel bad to agree but yeah I agree with bold.

It seems to me that New FC will slowly work its way around USADA .. Jones is already one example of it

• Like 1

The irony is that Jones was on twitter just last week or so bragging about his clean drug test from the night of the fight.

Edited by 12er©
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, PunchBag said:

Yeah, it wasn't the TRT that helped Vitor smash everyone, it was his precision punching and fight IQ....

• Like 3

4 hours ago, T.B.E said:

Yeah, it wasn't the TRT that helped Vitor smash everyone, it was his precision punching and fight IQ....

bro jon jones cant even spell the word IQ. 

a man who drunk drives his car over pregnant ladies and cheats on his girlfriend with underaged girls, and hides under the cage for 8 hours when USADA shows up to collect a sample isn't exactly the poster boy for intelligence.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, -idyb- said:

Its human cawk fighting, let them all juice.  I'm tired of trying to be a Vegan because of all this tainted beef on the market.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Greasyrasta said:

Its human cawk fighting, let them all juice.  I'm tired of trying to be a Vegan because of all this tainted beef on the market.

amen to that my brother. vegan's are just horrible people, and the mark of the devil.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

How I picture you:

7a5cc099b021b89eefaac3546f584697.jpg

Don't project your micropenis insecurities onto me Captain Overcompensation

9 hours ago, -idyb- said:

2 ufc employees defending another ufc employee. surprising!

plus rogan is a friend of jon jones and novitzky doesnt wanna lose his desk job.   jon jones could drunk drive his car over another pregnant lady and shoot up some more steroids right in front of the two of them and then go running back to grab the dope from the trunk, and they would still insist that he's innocent and fabricate a bunch of balogna that only the most diehard of fanboys would ever believe.

LMAO 

Greasing is worse than accidentally ingesting m8

4 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

LMAO 

Greasing is worse than accidentally ingesting m8

accidentilly ingesting? what did he drunk drive his car into a needle full of steroids again?   what was it the needle's fault for running the red light or something? something else inside of his masking agents err i mean his pecker pills that the doctor didnt tell him about?

Edited by -idyb-

9 hours ago, -idyb- said:

You cant get charged for the exact same murder twice and this is the same Picogram rolling around his system, eating his career away like a cancer that can't be cured.

Sympathy is needed if anything else.

Edited by PunchBag
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PunchBag said:

You cant get charged for the exact same murder twice and this is the same Picogram rolling around his system, eating his career away like a cancer that can't be cured.

Sympathy is needed if anything else.

lol right  like im gonna believe that chit just stays in your system for like 2 years.

jon jones is a man of true integrity. he would never reingest.

and you can get charged for the same murder twice.  try moving somewhere outside of america. that kind of chit happens in canada. they can appeal the aquittal and they start a new trial. many other countries have the same types of policies,  some even have worse, or even no protection against double jeopardy. the universe does not revolve around the united states of america bro.

Edited by -idyb-

punchbag playing the sympathy card here. get a load of that one

oh yeah jon jones is the victim. my heart pulses purple piss for him. all those steroids and masking agents he takes under his own will.  tripping and falling over steroid needles all the time. black man in his 20's needing pecker pills. all those  pregnant ladies he drunk drives his car over just to come running back for the dope and then fleeing off again when there could have been a dead pregnant lady and her fetus still stuck under his car for all he knows or cares.  cheating on his woman with an underaged girl and then drunk driving them into a telephone pole.  excessive speeding, illegal street racing, cocaine benders,  snitching. you name it he's done it.

yeah jon jones is a true role model and deserves our utmost sympathy during a dark time like this. jon jones is a man of many morals and integrity. innocent AF. case closed.

Edited by -idyb-

4 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

punchbag playing the sympathy card here. get a load of that one

oh yeah jon jones is the victim. my heart pulses purple piss for him. all those steroids and masking agents he takes under his own will.  tripping and falling over steroid needles all the time. black man in his 20's needing pecker pills. all those  pregnant ladies he drunk drives his car over just to come running back for the dope and then fleeing off again when there could have been a dead pregnant lady and her fetus still stuck under his car for all he knows or cares.  cheating on his woman with an underaged girl and then drunk driving them into a telephone pole.  street racing, cocaine benders,  snitching. you name it he's done it.

yeah jon jones is a true role model and deserves our utmost sympathy during a dark time like this. jon jones is a man of many morals and integrity. innocent AF. case closed.

Jones > GSP

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, PunchBag said:

Jones > GSP

nope. we'll never get to know if jon jones is even greater than CM punk, because he's not legit

the dude has been cycling on and off steroids throughout his entire career and using all kind of estrogen blockers and other masking agents to try to conceal his use,as he has also been suspended for in the past.  he is a proven drug cheat and repeated steroid offender

you cant compare jon jones to gsp because jon jones has been exposed as a fraud and his record and past accomplishments are now meaningless because he cycles on and off the juice. hell you cant compare jon jones to anybody on the roster who competes clean, because jon jones is not legit.  

jon jones is the type of dude who would roll up in a corvette at the olympics to race against usain bolt, and if that was no longer allowed, he'd call up a buddy and get him to pick him up in a car, and then drop him off near the finish line.  thats how legit a guy like jon jones is

Jon Jones cant even beat a drug test these days without getting slapped around by usada.  meanwhile GSP has defeated every single opponent and drug test he has ever faced.  GSP has a legacy to defend, and he is a role model inside and outside of the octagon.  Jon Jones has tarnished his legacy and reputation, and he's lucky to not be dead or in prison. you cant even begin to compare the two.

i'd like to see how a clean jon jones would have faired off in the ufc throughout his career, but i guess we'll never get to opportunity to know.  the commission basically just gave him the green light to keep pinching off in the pool.  its okay, if a commission doesnt allow it, the ufc will just relocate the event on a weeks notice just to accomodate a juiced up jon jones. meanwhile guys who dont bring dana and the ufc any money get fired on their first offense for a little bit of weed, or posting a movie quote on twitter.

Edited by -idyb-

1 hour ago, OzStraya said:

Don't project your micropenis insecurities onto me Captain Overcompensation

Liked post 5 hours ago and it took you that long to come up with this singular braincelled reply? 

TRIGGERED

• Like 1