Welcome_to_Moe's

How do you guys feel Ben Askren will do in the UFC?

As you guys know Ben Askren is about to make his UFC debut in the octagon at UFC 223, however I was wondering how you guys felt he will do within the UFC?

Of course I know it's a case of we'll have to see, see how his debut goes first though how do you feel his chances fair and who would you guys like to see him go up against after Lawler?

Also, thoughts on Lawler being the debut fight for Askren?

I look forward to hearing from you guys :)

• Like 1

Hi Ben.

I think you'll do ok, you've been in the game awhile, you don't have to have our validation that you're a good wrestler and that transitions well to MMA. You've proven it numerous times against cans and the great Shinya Aoki (past his prime and shop worn Aoki though)

You need to take Lawler down fast and often or he's gonna knock you out, your standup looks like Vert trying to solve a math problem, it's embarassing and fascinating all at once.

In short, you'll beat Lawler but you'll lose to anyone with half decent wrestling that can stuff you're nonsense. 

Go get em' you curly haired downs syndrome baby. The forum believes in you.

• Haha 7

lol @America, the first response I've had on the forum and it was a pretty good one lol 

Yeah @BarbaricBob, I reckon the Till fight might come around, he's been calling him out a while has Till so he seems to really want the fight, it's kind of hard to say with Till I think cause his loss to Woodley has had a few people doubting him now and his hype (which is fair enough) but I reckon he could give Askren a run for his money, I would definitely like to see that one.

I hear you on the Usman and Colby also, be interesting to see where he goes though I do feel he'll get past Lawler also, be a shame if he didn't after all this lol

Interesting, I don't think I've seen enough of Askren personally to have a real big opinion so will probably get a better idea once he does start to fight in the UFC more, I guess it is a case to see how this Lawler fight goes and how well he dominates (if he does of course) to get a better idea.

I do feel Till has got quite a few people doubting him from the Woodley loss though but he strikes me as his hunger game is strong (I don't mean he wants a McDonalds ha) as since his loss to Woodley he seems pretty fired up to come back from that, he's got his fight at UFC London against Masvida but I dunno, I wanna see more than that personally.

Really great responses so far anyway so thank you! :) 

Let me do my good deed for the year and give you some advice man. If you try and sensible, nice, or timid with opinions and whatnot here, you're gonna get fu*king eaten alive. 

McMod is from Canada for fu*ks sake and we even turned him into a d*ck.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, skillandpower said:

Lawler is a tailor made fight for Askren. 

I wanna see Askren facing Maia, Colby, Usman, Lee, etc.

He will do ok but I dont think he will hold gold

Wasnt lee embarrassed enough.

Stand up exposed, now you want asscan ti expose his wrestling?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, MoZZez said:

Wasnt lee embarrassed enough.

Stand up exposed, now you want asscan ti expose his wrestling?

Didn't watch the fight, eh?

lemme throw my 2 cents in the ring: Ben should beat Lawler pretty soundly but there's definitely a slight chance for an upset. Lawler has some decent td defense and ko power but i think Askren takes him down and smothers him for 3 rounds Khabib style. Askren has some big holes in his striking tho and could get caught and Ko'd by Robbie. if this were to happen i dont think baldy would hesitate to cut his **** on the spot after all the bad blood between them. if Askren wins he'll probably fight the winner of Till and Masvidal or Colby. 

also @cashfl0w why are you getting so defensive when someone brings up Al beating mtp? i wont be like these other cans and say Lee got dominated but he was definitely beaten soundly. no room for debate on that one 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

lemme throw my 2 cents in the ring: Ben should beat Lawler pretty soundly but there's definitely a slight chance for an upset. Lawler has some decent td defense and ko power but i think Askren takes him down and smothers him for 3 rounds Khabib style. Askren has some big holes in his striking tho and could get caught and Ko'd by Robbie. if this were to happen i dont think baldy would hesitate to cut his **** on the spot after all the bad blood between them. if Askren wins he'll probably fight the winner of Till and Masvidal or Colby. 

That's a pretty good analysis is that, be interesting to see how it goes, see how close you are in regards to things but I reckon that sounds pretty insightful what you wrote there.

Askrens wrestling is far superior to the people mentioned above. its not even close. he would handle Till easily, handle colby easily. Youre talking about a 4 time collegiate all american, who wrestled for the championship in all 4 years of college. 

Kamaru would have to keep the fight on the feet, and he would have trouble doing so because its not like his stand up is that great..

Interesting to see how Ben reacts to a step-up in competition, but on paper as a bookmaker you would have a hard time making him anything besides the favorite vs the guys above.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brunofr418 said:

also @cashfl0w why are you getting so defensive when someone brings up Al beating mtp? i wont be like these other cans and say Lee got dominated but he was definitely beaten soundly. no room for debate on that one 

Did you miss the part where I said it was 48-47 Iaquinta, or...?

Official forum take - after Askren hugs KING LAWLER for the entirety of round 1, he eats a br00talcore uppercut  on his first shot in round 2. He then panic holds Robbie's ankle as Robbie hammer fists him into mummy guard unconsciousness.

Official betting slip - Askren UD :(

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shkrelz said:

Askrens wrestling is far superior to the people mentioned above. its not even close. he would handle Till easily, handle colby easily. Youre talking about a 4 time collegiate all american, who wrestled for the championship in all 4 years of college. 

Kamaru would have to keep the fight on the feet, and he would have trouble doing so because its not like his stand up is that great..

Interesting to see how Ben reacts to a step-up in competition, but on paper as a bookmaker you would have a hard time making him anything besides the favorite vs the guys above.

I bet he couldn't beat The Model Rick Martel though lol

Rick Martel Gif.gif

Edited by Welcome_to_Moe's
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Did you miss the part where I said it was 48-47 Iaquinta, or...?

you're just stating the fact that al won the fight but you continue to discredit him. almost like you're saying he shouldn't of won without actually saying it 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

I attended the fight live, dipchit. 

That makes sense then. You were drunk by the time Lee came out and was embarrassed. 

All good. 

52 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

you're just stating the fact that al won the fight but you continue to discredit him. almost like you're saying he shouldn't of won without actually saying it 

That's not at all what I'm saying. Maybe you're not a reader. He used the word embarrassed. Winning one more round than the other guy is NOT embarrassing someone. lol

22 minutes ago, MoZZez said:

That makes sense then. You were drunk by the time Lee came out and was embarrassed. 

All good. 

^^See this moron continue to use the same word because he clearly didn't watch?

Edited by cashfl0w

7 hours ago, Shkrelz said:

Exactly right.  The gap between an all American and a D1 wrestler is huge, the gap between an all American and an Olympic gold medalist is even greater.  There were actually people on here saying TJ could stop Henry’s tds.  I was dying over that one.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Greasyrasta said:

Exactly right.  The gap between an all American and a D1 wrestler is huge, the gap between an all American and an Olympic gold medalist is even greater.  There were actually people on here saying TJ could stop Henry’s tds.  I was dying over that one.

Yeah the only difference is if a good striker can keep the wrestler at distance. Lawler isn’t technical enough of a striker to keep askren away from a TD. Once he’s down he’s down for the round 

3 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

ha!

I might actually be able to pull that shop off

Would have been wicked if they put up one of your classic face on a can shop jobs lol

• Haha 1

The next day Askren called the social media team out again. They replied that they forgot to add the loss that he had the day before and changed his record from 18-0 to 18-1

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, PunchBag said:

lawler has good tdd

No he doesn't. I can distinctly remember him staring up at the clock and shaking his head against Hendricks because he was stuck there and couldn't get up.

I think Lawler has underrated tdd; he's certainly not one dimensional and has beaten a couple of decent wrestlers (Koscheck, Hendricks).

But he's just not going to be able to handle Askren's persistence. Dude is on another level. 

8 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I think Lawler has underrated tdd; he's certainly not one dimensional and has beaten a couple of decent wrestlers (Koscheck, Hendricks)

He lost the Hendricks fight when Johny actually tried to wrestle him. And Lawler lost to nearly every guy that tried to wrestle him in StrikeForce. The UFC have been giving him favorable matchmaking for years, and he hasn't even fought many guys that are capable of taking guys down.

Askren is a different animal. Robbie's getting rode like a pony like Koreshkov did.

16 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

He lost the Hendricks fight when Johny actually tried to wrestle him. And Lawler lost to nearly every guy that tried to wrestle him in StrikeForce. The UFC have been giving him favorable matchmaking for years, and he hasn't even fought many guys that are capable of taking guys down.

Askren is a different animal. Robbie's getting rode like a pony like Koreshkov did.

I think you've mis- remembered mate. Hendricks boxed much more in the first fight and only landed td's late on (R4 and R5). Landed 2/10 that fight. Second fight he was spamming head in crotch take downs and landed 5/17. So I still think Lawler 's is under - rated.... but it's largely academic because I do totally agree that he won't be able to keep Askren away from him. 

Edited by Bubba_Sparks
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I think you've mis- remembered mate. Hendricks boxed much more in the first fight and only landed td's late on (R4 and R5). Landed 2/10 that fight. Second fight he was spamming head in crotch take downs and landed 5/17. So I still think Lawler 's is under - rated.... but it's largely academic because I do totally agree that he won't be able to keep Askren away from him. 

Maybe I did. I just remember feeling cheated because Johny was just laying there against the cage in the fifth round, and Lawler couldn't get up. Felt like he was spamming takedowns in thr first fight too.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Maybe I did. I just remember feeling cheated because Johny was just laying there against the cage in the fifth round, and Lawler couldn't get up. Felt like he was spamming takedowns in thr first fight too.

I had to check. They kind of blur into one a bit. Robbie shaking his head cos he couldn't get up was definitely the first fight. Second one was Hendricks looking at the clock through his own legs whilst he buried his head in Lawler' s crotch. Disgraceful antics. 

Funny how both you guys who keep having a dig and you've both got wrestling avatars (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) 🤔

I'm not even gonna keep explaining anyway but I replied because I had something to say when I came back into the threads, you'll also notice the thread was replied to 7 hours ago by someone before me but I get it, I know your game.

1049968833_IronSheik_fw.png.115213f3b2a259aae084c18963992244.png

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

What manner of shameless thread - bumping is this Moe??

You remind me of a guy who used to post here. Tell us about your eyebrows please. 

could this possibly be the long awaited return of LegoPig?

call me crazy but i think im onto something here

46 minutes ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

Funny how both you guys who keep having a dig and you've both got wrestling avatars (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall) 🤔

I'm not even gonna keep explaining anyway but I replied because I had something to say when I came back into the threads, you'll also notice the thread was replied to 7 hours ago by someone before me but I get it, I know your game.

1049968833_IronSheik_fw.png.115213f3b2a259aae084c18963992244.png

That's Cole's favourite wrestler. 

I knew it.