Welcome_to_Moe's

After Darren Till's momentum was stopped by Woodley, how do you feel he could get this back for you? (any fight suggestions)

I was just thinking about this cause as we know Darren Till had a pretty fast rise in the UFC when it came to getting his shot against Woodley, sure he was undefeated but I did hear quite a lot of people saying they felt he was thrown in to the mix too quick which as we know Tyron quickly stopped that and Darren tapped out to receive his first loss.

Now, he's got Masvidal in London however this is probably not going to be a fight that brings Till back up for them in their opinion, so who do you feel Till should go up against to get himself back in the game for you personally?

I know Till has made no excuses about his loss, however he has been calling out a few people recently, specially Ben Askren who he's been on to for a while.

Darren can easily come back from this loss, it's the first loss in his career and he's got a lot ahead for him and he said something about wanting to aim more towards the middleweight class for his fights.

His quote:

“I’m a big dude for welterweight to be honest, so that’s probably going to be my last fight at that weight. Welterweight isn’t fully gone for me, but I’m going to be happy going up to middleweight now and I’ll be strong at that weight not having to cut as much weight. It’s not that I can’t make the weight. I’m just a big lad so I just have to be on such a strict, regimented diet and being honest, I don’t like doing it. People might say ‘he’s not disciplined enough’, but because I have to cut so much weight I can only eat the bare minimum of food and that’s not how I want to be training.”

So what do you guys think, who would you put Till up against to bring back his momentum and build himself up for another title shot?

• Like 1

if he moves up to MW i think he can establish himself as a top 10 fighter. but im not sure if he'll be champ in either MW or WW anytime soon

• Like 1

what has till done? beat a LW in cowboy? got gifted a win against Thompson from the judges in a fight in which he missed weight? get completely dominated by woodley?

The guy had fake hype driven by his mouth and a push from the UK fan base. I guess going the distance with Bojan is really impressive these days.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Shkrelz said:

what has till done? beat a LW in cowboy? got gifted a win against Thompson from the judges in a fight in which he missed weight? get completely dominated by woodley?

The guy had fake hype driven by his mouth and a push from the UK fan base. I guess going the distance with Bojan is really impressive these days.

Rematch with Velickovic in PFL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shkrelz said:

This ^ (especially bold)

if he wants any sort of respect from the fans he should move to where he belong to begin with (MW). Once at MW, then yeah give him the big dogs and lets what he got.

Yeah, these are the kind of things I hear often in regards to Till, hence why I wondered what you guys would like to see for Till to gain the credit?

I can understand people having these sentiments for sure, as a lot of people have felt the same. 

Is there anyone in particular you'd like to see him go up against to try build this or any fights you'd like to see? 

4 minutes ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

Is there anyone in particular you'd like to see him go up against to try build this or any fights you'd like to see? 

Anyone at the MW top 15

• Like 1

Avoid wrestlers at all cost.

The MW division is kind of weak but if he wants to get the momentum he had he would need to beat someone with a name or a young up and comer with hype. 

Have him fight Israel or Costa

• Like 4

15 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Avoid wrestlers at all cost.

The MW division is kind of weak but if he wants to get the momentum he had he would need to beat someone with a name or a young up and comer with hype. 

Have him fight Israel or Costa

Those guys would kill him. lol

• Like 1

Nah, I don't agree with the prelims thing, though he does need a credible fight for him to gain the credit again which I think he will. I reckon that loss to Woodley really fired him up so it would make sense to give him that fight while he's got this fire in his belly. 

2 hours ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

Nah, I don't agree with the prelims thing, though he does need a credible fight for him to gain the credit again which I think he will. I reckon that loss to Woodley really fired him up so it would make sense to give him that fight while he's got this fire in his belly. 

He sucks. He literally didn't land a single strike in his unwarranted title shot.

He belongs on the prelims.

• Like 2

I think it's funny that the "best" strikers in the division (till, Wonderboy) were bodied on the feet by Tyron in all 3 fights he had with them.

Perry and Woodley have the best striking in the division.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Los_Polo_Hermano said:

He sucks. He literally didn't land a single strike in his unwarranted title shot.

He belongs on the prelims.

Disagree, he's not going to go to the prelims anyway so we might as well look into who we feel he should fight to gain the credit/momentum back.

The thing with Till in regards to that fight is he shouldn't have tried to gauge Woodley expecting it to last a few rounds as Woodley just took him down and got him and Till just didn't have a chance, too laid back apparently but still, no excuses, Till lost and that's that.

However this is why he needs to be given that fight to see if he can cut it/learn from the mistake he made within the Woodley fight, if not, then we'll talk about him going back to the prelims as as of now, one loss doesn't mean you should be sent straight back to the prelims.

Let the guy rectify his loss, if not, then the prelims thing may be a thing.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

The thing with Till in regards to that fight is he shouldn't have tried to gauge Woodley expecting it to last a few rounds as Woodley just took him down and got him and Till just didn't have a chance, too laid back apparently but still, no excuses, Till lost and that's that.

If my memory serves me correct, Twood planted him on the chin with a right hand, beat till at his own game, and yoked him out - exposing how terrible he is on the ground.

There is no one fight for Till for him to regain his fake hype. He was exposed, left butt naked in front of the entire UFC following on his first ever PPV appearance. he needs multiple fights and wins vs ranked comp to get real momentum going

• Like 2

I agree with you, but Till did say he wanted to feel him out for a few rounds which is where his mistake was, he didn't expect Woodley to go in with the submission but there's only Till to blame for that hence why I say to learn from it.

Yeah, there's definitely as gradual build needed for Till, absolutely. That's the thing they probably pushed him into the main event way too soon, he should have had a lot more fights and build up to gain those credible wins more before being thrust into the main event with Woodley.

I wasn't surprised Woodley beat him, it was kinda expected but I did think Till would have done better than he did, again, I just feel Till thought he could lay back on it for a few rounds without expecting Woodley to take him out with a submission, not really a clever idea in the first place but like I say, it's all learning curve ain't it and most fighters go through this at some point within their career.

He's got a lot ahead of him has Till anyway so it's all good. 

Edit: Till talking about this two weeks ago if anyone fancies a watch.

Edited by Welcome_to_Moe's
Added video link

7 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

He's not good enough to get promoted to Bellator

dada 5000 needs a sparring partner

but i guess golden boy promotions might have an open slot for him after chuck liddell got knocked dead.

1 minute ago, -idyb- said:

dada 5000 needs a sparring partner

but i guess golden boy promotions might have an open slot for him after chuck liddell got knocked dead.

Dada doesn't spar m8.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fyi @Welcome_to_Moe's is not my alt but chit he's saying what I've said previously almost word for word. 

Till v wrestlers = trouble is nothing but myth BS, in the WW division that is. He doesn't get taken down easily at all and Shkrelz is correct. Woodley chinned him good to get him on the floor, bar that he couldn't get him down. Whether that will extend into the MW..... I'm unsure.

Whilst there's a joke about his opponents such as Dalby and that Velo chap that I can't spell. I doubt many have seen the fights and they're just flapping gums and slapping their chests. Point proven by the wrestling comments and the fact that those quoted fights were fooking fun to watch. 

What does he have to do? Get Tyron to move up to MW before he does. 

Fact is the Yanks don't like the English fighters. You should have seen the rustle when Bisping KOd D1ckhold. God damn hilarious!!

1321935175_giphy(1).gif.80cc762d9eee0fc9dacbcee5ce889d77.gif

Edited by Marble
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marble said:

Fyi @Welcome_to_Moe's is not my alt but chit he's saying what I've said previously almost word for word. 

Till v wrestlers = trouble is nothing but myth BS, in the WW division that is. He doesn't get taken down easily at all and Shkrelz is correct. Woodley chinned him good to get him on the floor, bar that he couldn't get him down. Whether that will extend into the MW..... I'm unsure.

Whilst there's a joke about his opponents such as Dalby and that Velo chap that I can't spell. I doubt many have seen the fights and they're just flapping gums and slapping their chests. Point proven by the wrestling comments and the fact that those quoted fights were fooking fun to watch. 

What does he have to do? Get Tyron to move up to MW before he does. 

Fact is the Yanks don't like the English fighters. You should have seen the rustle when Bisping KOd D1ckhold. God damn hilarious!!

1321935175_giphy(1).gif.80cc762d9eee0fc9dacbcee5ce889d77.gif

Till was taken down by Cerrone who is a terrible wrestler. He was also taken down by Dalby who again isn't a good wrestler.

Woodley is still a great fighter but he is aging so he hasn't been using his wrestling and relies on striking. He lands less than half of his TD attempts and and the last time that he had more than 1 takedown in a fight was vs Condit 5 years ago.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, juice64011 said:

He was also taken down by Dalby who again isn't a good wrestler.

On 2/13/2019 at 7:03 AM, cashfl0w said:

He can run a rematch with Dalby in Cage Warriors. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, juice64011 said:

Till was taken down by Cerrone who is a terrible wrestler. He was also taken down by Dalby who again isn't a good wrestler.

Woodley is still a great fighter but he is aging so he hasn't been using his wrestling and relies on striking. He lands less than half of his TD attempts and and the last time that he had more than 1 takedown in a fight was vs Condit 5 years ago.

Hey Juice. Your simply proving my point. Please watch both the fights you quote. Did Cerrone complete the take down? Maybe, if I recall correctly Cerrone rushed in with a double leg hit the trip and Tills a55 not shoulders hit the mat for a split second, yes he's a striker but his jits is on point. He dominated Dalby in the first 2 and busted his shoulder in the 3rd. This is when Dalby was able to take him down, when he had 1 arm. Dalby was the luckiest fugger in the arena that night.

All I'm saying is watch the fights. It may surprise you how he's dominated his opponents Barr the obvious. 

Edited by Marble

I love how you think you're the only person who has ever seen those fights. Hey idiot, we've been watching UFC fights since long before you showed up. Yes, all of them.

Btw, the Till fangirls try to act like his injury in the Dalby fight was some sort of act of god, like a car accident or something. No dummy, it was a fist fight and Dalby hurt him. 

Edited by cashfl0w
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

I love how you think you're the only person who has ever seen those fights. Hey idiot, we've been watching UFC fights since long before you showed up. Yes, all of them.

Btw, the Till fangirls try to act like his injury in the Dalby fight was some sort of act of god, like a car accident or something. No dummy, it was a fist fight and Dalby hurt him. 

Hey you silly scrote nugget, remember when you got so triggerd from my 2 innocuous light hearted PM's you blocked me? See me pulling that b1tch chit? Nah you didnt did ya.  

Half of the guys on here don't even watch this chit and come on here for the social interaction, that is clear. There are allot that know what they are talking about, you can be one when you not chewing off. I come on here to read about MMA and UFC and look to discuss the same have a laugh every now and again. It clear as day that allot haven't seen the fights or know diddly squat. 

And well done for posting on a internet forum for so long, your parents must be so proud?!!? Is that really supposed to mean something to me or you for that matter!??!? You live in a internet castle full of BS and emojis. I live in the real world. 

@juice64011  feel free to pitch in with a conversation or counter argument on what I put out there about MMA, you read what I said that is obvious or you happy to let you guard dog (chihuahua) speak on your behalf? 

Edited by Marble

16 hours ago, Marble said:

Is that really the case here? That's a bit silly if so, I either like a fighter or don't regardless of where they're from and also even if I'm not so keen on a fighter I'll still give credit due and take on points etc.. I don't discuss from a favourable or non favourable point of view but just neutral cause obviously that can influence and doesn't contribute.

19 hours ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

Disagree, he's not going to go to the prelims anyway so we might as well look into who we feel he should fight to gain the credit/momentum back.

However this is why he needs to be given that fight to see if he can cut it/learn from the mistake he made within the Woodley fight, if not, then we'll talk about him going back to the prelims as as of now, one loss doesn't mean you should be sent straight back to the prelims.

Let the guy rectify his loss, if not, then the prelims thing may be a thing.

Also @ Los_Polo_Hermano, instead of just adding a laughing emoji to my reply (which had some valid points), why not discuss it unless you're not able to do that? If you disagree that's fine but adding a laughing emoji just tells me you have nothing to say and can't disagree with me.

2 hours ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

Also @ Los_Polo_Hermano, instead of just adding a laughing emoji to my reply (which had some valid points), why not discuss it unless you're not able to do that? If you disagree that's fine but adding a laughing emoji just tells me you have nothing to say and can't disagree with me.

I don't have anything else to discuss.

Darell Hill absolutely sucks and it's funny to me that people are on here saying otherwise.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

Is that really the case here? That's a bit silly if so, I either like a fighter or don't regardless of where they're from and also even if I'm not so keen on a fighter I'll still give credit due and take on points etc.. 

I'll let you form your own opinion. But my man, I don't think your cut out for it on here. You wanna discuss MMA some of the fora wanna discuss how important they are due to the amount of posts they make or emojis that they get whilst circle jerking each other into next week. Reason won't come into it. I can only guess it fills a hole in a miserable existence? You may get lucky and have a decent discussion every now and again, there are allot of knowledgeable people on here. Not many in training or real fighters from what I understand.

I think Tills problem, outside of his Scouse gob, is that his 2 high profile fights in WB and Tyron were absolute gash. The Liverpool fight was fun to be at but watching it again at home was like watching paint dry. I can understand the tactics against WB but still would of like to see him open up in the 3rd round onwards. I can't excuse the Woodley fight, the tactics were all wrong. Whoever agreed that trying to feel out and play tentatively against the great Twood needs sacking.  If he ever had any chance I say he needed to take it to him. Go out on your sword if it comes to that.

Edited by Marble
  • Thanks 1

Till was a victim of the hype that New FC built around him.

He could had been more successful if he wasnt thrown to Woodley so soon (not saying he would beat Woodley).

1 hour ago, PunchBag said:

trade him for tito

not worth it. ud  have to throw in gaethje and bj penn as well just to even put the option on the table

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 7:30 PM, Marble said:

I'll let you form your own opinion. But my man, I don't think your cut out for it on here. You wanna discuss MMA some of the fora wanna discuss how important they are due to the amount of posts they make or emojis that they get whilst circle jerking each other into next week. Reason won't come into it. I can only guess it fills a hole in a miserable existence? You may get lucky and have a decent discussion every now and again, there are allot of knowledgeable people on here. Not many in training or real fighters from what I understand.

I think Tills problem, outside of his Scouse gob, is that his 2 high profile fights in WB and Tyron were absolute gash. The Liverpool fight was fun to be at but watching it again at home was like watching paint dry. I can understand the tactics against WB but still would of like to see him open up in the 3rd round onwards. I can't excuse the Woodley fight, the tactics were all wrong. Whoever agreed that trying to feel out and play tentatively against the great Twood needs sacking.  If he ever had any chance I say he needed to take it to him. Go out on your sword if it comes to that.

I'll just put people on ignore if that's the case until it eventually works out to those who do have decent MMA conversations etc... so far I've not had to do that but I hear you. That's the thing, I do like to hear other people's views even if they disagree from mine (it's subjective a lot of it and I'm not always right either) but we learn from each other too and I do like to take on what people say, then see if I agree or disagree with it or even at times you come round to certain things too so it's all that for me really which I like :)

Yeah, the Woodley thing was silly really, like you're going to sit back on a guy like Woodley who can take you out in no time (look at how he beat Lawler for example), people don't always credit Woodley and I'm not sure why at times but he's no joke and definitely not one that you sleep on and lay back on during a fight. I think they were so surprised by his submission win cause he hasn't had a submission win in I think around 9 years is it? (correct me if I'm wrong) but I know they didn't expect him to do that but that's the thing, you don't go in to a fight like that because you just don't know what your opponent is going to do, as proven in many fights and as proven with this one between Woodley and Till.

I do feel that more times than not the favour wood be in Woodley's win but I do feel Till would be capable of beating him, it just wouldn't be easy and he'd really have to be tough and slog it out to get that win for sure.

He was thrown in too fast though but like people say, I do agree that his hype was built a little too fast, maybe it was the whole UK thing, I don't know but I do feel he can build himself again for sure and this fight in London will be the first of that. 

On 2/15/2019 at 10:17 PM, skillandpower said:

Till was a victim of the hype that New FC built around him.

He could had been more successful if he wasnt thrown to Woodley so soon (not saying he would beat Woodley).

He was definitely built a little fast before going into that fight with Woodley for sure, it's not that he's not capable of beating Woodley with a different approach but it does seem that Woodley will win more times than not, he's just better and more experienced than Till which I guess comes back to that built up too fast thing but as I say, he's got a lot ahead of him so hopefully he can build himself back up and maybe win some gold at some point. 

On 2/17/2019 at 8:50 AM, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

I'll just put people on ignore if that's the case until it eventually works out to those who do have decent MMA conversations etc... so far I've not had to do that but I hear you. That's the thing, I do like to hear other people's views even if they disagree from mine (it's subjective a lot of it and I'm not always right either) but we learn from each other too and I do like to take on what people say, then see if I agree or disagree with it or even at times you come round to certain things too so it's all that for me really which I like :)

Yeah, the Woodley thing was silly really, like you're going to sit back on a guy like Woodley who can take you out in no time (look at how he beat Lawler for example), people don't always credit Woodley and I'm not sure why at times but he's no joke and definitely not one that you sleep on and lay back on during a fight. I think they were so surprised by his submission win cause he hasn't had a submission win in I think around 9 years is it? (correct me if I'm wrong) but I know they didn't expect him to do that but that's the thing, you don't go in to a fight like that because you just don't know what your opponent is going to do, as proven in many fights and as proven with this one between Woodley and Till.

I do feel that more times than not the favour wood be in Woodley's win but I do feel Till would be capable of beating him, it just wouldn't be easy and he'd really have to be tough and slog it out to get that win for sure.

He was thrown in too fast though but like people say, I do agree that his hype was built a little too fast, maybe it was the whole UK thing, I don't know but I do feel he can build himself again for sure and this fight in London will be the first of that. 

He was definitely built a little fast before going into that fight with Woodley for sure, it's not that he's not capable of beating Woodley with a different approach but it does seem that Woodley will win more times than not, he's just better and more experienced than Till which I guess comes back to that built up too fast thing but as I say, he's got a lot ahead of him so hopefully he can build himself back up and maybe win some gold at some point. 

Moe just typed more in one post than i have in the past year combined 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did they? I've gotta be honest I wasn't sure, I wanted him to but I wasn't sure he was gonna and he didn't. 

It really was that too fast too quick thing although I do feel he's capable of getting there, I just felt he needed a bit more of a build and experience behind him before being thrown in so quick and it showed too with how he underestimated him but I think Till will be the first to admit that and it's all just experience.

He'll come back.