Sign in to follow this  
America

Sorry IDYB

1 hour ago, America said:

GSP is retiring Thursday.

He retired like eight years ago. The Bisping fight was a sham. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

He retired like eight years ago. The Bisping fight was a sham. 

true...that being said...GSP is just posturing for more money or a fight with McGregor.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

true...that being said...GSP is just posturing for more money or a fight with McGregor.

He was actually trying to fight Khabib but negotiations didn't work out. Canor is old news

• Like 1

Just now, juice64011 said:

He was actually trying to fight Khabib but negotiations didn't work out. Canor is old news

LOL

how much do you think he will make vs Kabob and vs McG? lol...

37 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

Yeah he is trying to fight Khabib not McGregor, though If McGregor turned around and offered him those coins GSP would be "Un-retired" tomorrow the day after

((sigh))

GSP would make twice as much easily if he fights McG....he doesnt want to fight that terrorist.

3 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

((sigh))

GSP would make twice as much easily if he fights McG....he doesnt want to fight that terrorist.

Are you dim? He is only retiring because Khabib turned down the fight.....

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

Are you dim? He is only retiring because Khabib turned down the fight.....

Khabib just tweeted and offered to fight him at 155 or 160. It's the UFC that's causing all this. Due to the fear that GSP will vacate and leave again if he wins the title at 155. On one hand, can't say I blame them. On the other, the titles are becoming a joke anyway. I'd watch.

• Like 1

Just now, BarbaricBob said:

Khabib just tweeted and offered to fight him at 155 or 160. It's the UFC that's causing all this. Due to the fear that GSP will vacate and leave again if he wins the title at 155. On one hand, can't say I blame them. On the other, the titles are becoming a joke anyway. I'd watch.

Its a bit mad, but Vert suggesting he "Doesn't want to fight Khabib" is just dumb considering thats exactly what he wants to do

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

Its a bit mad, but Vert suggesting he "Doesn't want to fight Khabib" is just dumb considering thats exactly what he wants to do

No doubt. I believe GSP and Khabib both want the fight is all I'm saying. I think Dana is just butt hurt because, "it's in the contract that he has to defend the title" turned into, "he vacated the title and we can't do anything about it."

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BarbaricBob said:

The LW title has been held up long enough. Khabib should fight Ferg or give up the title. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

The LW title has been held up long enough. Khabib should fight Ferg or give up the title. 

Yeah because they've had so much success booking that fight before...

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

The LW title has been held up long enough. Khabib should fight Ferg or give up the title

That would be the logic but we all know 'logic' does not exist in the New FC 

A fight with the great khabib would have been an epic way to close off the most successful career in MMA history, but dana didnt want the money so thats just the way she goes bubbles

at least he's not deciding to hang around well past his prime and go out not in style, ala bj penn, anderson silva, fedor, cain, chuck, tito, randy etc.     he's already accomplished everything a man can do in the sport, so if he wants to hang em up, then thats his perogative.  he has nothing left to prove.

but hey ill drink to that. to celebrate the retirement of the greatest athlete to ever compete in the history of any combat sport. he's set all the records, cleaned out divisions, won belts, defended belts, beaten all the top contenders, legends.current champions, past champions, future champions, champions in other divisions, champions in other organizations, lightweight GOAT's, hall of famers, he's defeated every opponent he's ever faced, including all your favorite fighters. he's beaten every drug test he's ever competed against.and instead of sticking around until he's 50 years old and getting knocked out all the time like most idiots would,  his last time entering the octagan resulted in him ktfo'ing the middleweight champion of the world, choking him out, and walking away with another belt.

now thats how you make an exit. the greatest legacy that will ever exist in the world of MMA and the pound for pound greatest fighter to ever compete. hail to the king baby.

LONG LIVE THE GOAT!

Report: UFC’s Georges St-Pierre to announce retirement after failed negotiations with Khabib Nurmagomedov

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2019/2/20/18233211/report-ufc-georges-st-pierre-gsp-retirement-failed-negotiations-khabib-nurmagomedov-mma-news

Edited by -idyb-

3 hours ago, BART-O-LINI said:

Live look at IDYB. Drink the pain away big guy.

tenor (17).gif

A fight with the great khabib would have been an epic way to close off the most successful career in MMA history, but dana didnt want the money so thats just the way she goes bubbles

at least he's not deciding to hang around well past his prime and go out not in style, ala bj penn, anderson silva, fedor, cain, chuck, tito, randy etc.  he's already accomplished everything a man can do in the sport, so if he wants to hang em up, then thats his perogative.  he has nothing left to prove.

but hey ill drink to that. to celebrate the retirement of the greatest athlete to ever compete in the history of any combat sport. he's set all the records, cleaned out divisions, won belts, defended belts, beaten all the top contenders, legends.current champions, past champions, future champions, champions in other divisions, champions in other organizations, lightweight GOAT's, hall of famers, he's defeated every opponent he's ever faced, including all your favorite fighters. he's beaten every drug test he's ever competed against.and instead of sticking around until he's 50 years old and getting knocked out all the time like most idiots would,  his last time entering the octagan resulted in him ktfo'ing the middleweight champion of the world, choking him out, and walking away with another belt.

now thats how you make an exit. the greatest legacy that will ever exist in the world of MMA and the pound for pound greatest fighter to ever compete. hail to the king baby.

LONG LIVE THE GOAT!

**** i just noticed this thread right after i already made one.

Edited by -idyb-

2 hours ago, juice64011 said:

uhh didnt the great khabib just fight like 2 or 3 months ago?

if only he was a nice guy like georges. he would have relinquished it the moment the commission slapped him around with a suspension, just to be a gentleman and not hold up an entire division.

now we have guys that get injured all the time, suspended, or decide to go fight outside of their division. sit on the couch for a year and come back just to fight cans like kevin lee just to avoid being stripped. theyre all a bunch of selfish pricks. they wont relinquish a title until its stripped from their cold dead hands.   if only the rest of the ufc roster had half as much class and respect in their entire body as georges has in his left nut.

Edited by -idyb-

god damn it. now i have to make a GSP has came back out of retirement thread as well as a gsp is fighting the great khabib thread. and then after he beats the great khabib, ill have to make a gsp just relinquished another belt thread, and a gsp has retired again thread. 

i dont know if i can keep up with all of the action lately.

Edited by -idyb-

2 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Ducking the MW champ Whittaker smdh

how can he duck someone who wears an interim belt around his waist yet never even defends it?  you cant fight somebody who never shows up to fight bro.

lets not kid outselves here. you know it and i know it. gsp would rip whats left of bobby's bowels out with ease.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

smfh now woodley wants to fight him too

sooner or later conors gonna want a piece of the pie as well

u want a shot at the GOAT? stand behind the great khabib, wait in line and take a number.

2 hours ago, BarbaricBob said:

Yeah because they've had so much success booking that fight before...

I would much rather attempt that again than see if GSP can get down to 155 and win a belt so he can give it up immediately. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

I would much rather attempt that again than see if GSP can get down to 155 and win a belt so he can give it up immediately. 

gsp doesnt need to fight for a belt. gsp and khabib are the two best fighters the sport has to offer. its the superfight the real MMA fans want to see. who cares about the belt?

Edited by -idyb-

23 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Serious question: Did you read that? 

I didn't. 

You've chosen to ignore content by cashfl0w. Options

the first time in months ive clicked show post.  a little ironic. wont happen again. but yeah it was a bit tew much so i paraphrased it.

Edited by -idyb-

i didnt even know GSP was the motivation for ariel deciding to try to become an mma reporter.  but damn, even chael p had to break his troll character just to lay it all down

Edited by -idyb-

you can watch the live  stream here. it just started and he's about to come out

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/georges-st-pierre-retire-1.5027745

hail to the king baby! the greatest martial artist to ever compete, set to go out on a high note after putting away the middleweight champion of the world and walking away with another belt.  not spending his final moments in the octagon on his back after getting knocked out like tyson, mohamed ali, and every other legend in combat sports.  

lets give it up for the greatest fighter to ever do it.  congratulations georges on a successful career, and behalf of the entire forum, i hope you have a bright future, free of walking away looking like anderson, penn, a diaz brother, cain, machida, chuck, randy, tito, vitor, picobones jones, the nogueiras, and all these other former greats who end up turning to steroids and sticking around too long well past their prime trying to become relevant again, and didnt know when to hang it up

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, America said:

Experts say his record of longest man on man embrace will never be broken.

fun fact:

the godfather of 'lay and pray'  has the most strikes landed in ufc history, and has the fewest fights out everybody but one guy in the whole damn pool.

52441722_10158229911244148_2516522833098

just another one of the many accomplishments and records this legend has SMASHED

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, -idyb- said:

fun fact:

the godfather of 'lay and pray'  has the most strikes landed in ufc history, and has the fewest fights out of the whole pool

52441722_10158229911244148_2516522833098

Nik Lentz and Michael Bisping are both on that list. Pardon the fu*k outta me if I don't take it seriously.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, America said:

Nik Lentz and Michael Bisping are both on that list. Pardon the fu*k outta me if I don't take it seriously.

nik lentz is kind of like your mother m8.  he's been around the block, takes alot of shots to the face, and always comes to bang.

but funny you also mention another former champion and future hall of famer in a pathetic attempt to try to discredit the goat's accomplishments.   didnt georges just end up smashing the guy out, choking him unconscious, and taking his title after he sat on the couch for 3 years? add that to the long list of greats that he's defeated

now thats how you make an exit. walk away with another title rather than going out like half the other guys.  even all the past opponents gsp fought, theyre all former champions, future champions, champs in other organizations, lightweight goats, welterweight goats,  hall of famers, future hall of famers, and top contenders, and they should have retired after gsp humiliated them, instead of carrying on and letting the gsp curse take hold.  not a single one of them managed to get out of a gsp fight with their careers unscathed. where the hell are they now?  they certainly didnt retire on top like georges did. 

hell georges spent his entire career on top, and he's leaving in that same position. what a goat.

Edited by -idyb-

this kinda feels like when you and your girl decide to take a break and at first you get back together every once in a while to bang but then after a bit you fall out of contact and eventually forget about each other, bringing the whole thing to a close.

goodbye GSP ill never forget that one time 3AM Booty call with Bisping. 

more than 25 wins over the highest level of competition they could offer him. multiple division champion, defeated every opponent and drug test he has ever faced.  retires on top after winning another belt.

khabib may be the only other fighter to ever have a chance of accomplishing such a feat.  so perhaps its time for georgie goat to pass the torch on to the second greatest fighter who will ever step into the cage. 

congratulations georges,. long live GSP's legacy, he will forever go down as the GOAT, his legacy will never be matched, but lets all give a warm welcome to George's protoge himself, Russian St. Pierre. Otherwise known as The Great Khabib!

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Decompoze said:

One last merge ole girl, then you can rest.

now we're gonna have to open up an RSP megathread.  Because im going to make the transition to feeding you guys the latest Russian St. Pierre articles to keep all you filthy casuals informed. 

long live the GOAT and his pound for pound legacy, but lets give a warm welcome to the second greatest fighter to ever tape up the gloves. GSP's spritual successor, the great khabib

WAR RSP

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

right now georges is giving some solid advice to younger fighters who he mentors.  saying to retire on your own terms and go out on top. dont wait until somebody tells you to retire

truly some pound for pound  words of wisdom right there.  most fighters werent able to figure that out after getting punched in the head too many times. hell chuck and tito just had their 3rd or 4th rematch, somehow guys like bj penn, anderson silva, the diaz brothers, the miller brothers, and mirko cro cop are still hanging around. and any day now they oughtta be releasing a documentary titled "The Demise of Fedor: When the cans strike back."

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 1

well boys its a little tough to deal with such a huge announcement but its for the best and im proud of the goat for calling it when he did.

no tears werre shed. but im about to make a trip down to the liquor store and have myself a little drinkey poo in celebration of the retirement of the greatest athlete who will ever compete in combat sports.

its been an honor to have his greasy canadian balls down my throat and parading my bromance for him all over the forum throughout all these years. its been a great ride, but all good things must come to an end. i will now move on to the next best thing, and that is fanboying russian st. pierre himself, the great khabib.  saddle up and get that RSP megathread ready mcmod.

Edited by -idyb-

21 hours ago, VertFTW said:

MMAFighting.com (@MMAFighting) twitteó a las 10:24 a. m. on jue., feb. 21, 2019: GSP: If ever something happened or Dana called me back and there’s something interesting, we’ll see. Like a movie scenario, oh he’s coming back. We’ll see. But right now I’m not thinking about it. I’m out. (https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/1098619373856600064?s=09)

Lol🤔🙄