Sign in to follow this  
Darth_Sprawl

Best possible Fight Week main card

With the UFC schedule panned out until right before fight week, we’re starting to get a better idea of the upcoming big fights and when they’re happening. Seeing as how fight week is built for stacking, I present the best possible card given the current landscape. Of course I always post these and the end result is always noticeably different, but one can always dream. With that, would something along these lines crack 800,000+ buys? If they stay healthy, I don’t know why the UFC wouldn’t go balls out like this, but we know they won’t. 3 title fights ftw:

Main Card:

Jon Jones vs. Thiago Santos (LHW Title) - Unless JBJ and DC agree to fight at heavyweight

Daniel Cormier vs. Brock Lesnar/Francis Ngannou (HW Title) - Brock is obviously the first choice, but Francis may have rebounded from the Stipe match and he’s gotten 2 big wins since. That said, DC would probably wrestle**** him worse than Stipe. JDS gets winner

Kamaru Usman Vs. Colby Covington (WW Title)

Johnny Walker vs. Jan Blachowicz - Johnny may fight in May in Brazil and again in July, then again maybe the week after. But in all seriousness, if he steamrolls his next opponent, a title shot should be next, even if it’s a bit premature.

Zabit vs. Brian Ortega/Frankie Edgar - Similar to Johnny, another big win for Zabit and he would be close to contention.

————————————

Not a bad fight week given the current “stars” available. Diaz bros are kinda gone, Conor’s got more legal issues, Ramadan for khabib, no more GSP, etc. No chicks on the main card either since they all fight in June, and Amanda wants to go end of the year. Any better suggestions? 

Edited by Darth_Sprawl

Or you know what? We throw Ben Askren on there as well somewhere and just call it UFC 235 part 2, it sells over a Mil. UFC marketing, I’ll take my checks in a lumpsum, thank you.

Fairly certain the UFC will not be putting Jones and Cormier in the same locker room.

Also, its pretty clear McGregor will fight during IFW this year because there's not a ton of guys available that are really a draw.

• Like 1

Somebody will find a way to jack things up.  3 title fights, one of them has to be wimmen.  NGFH.

7 hours ago, stehilton94 said:

You say best possible Fight Week card.... yet you have the main event as Jon Jones vs Easy win #2...... see yourself out

Tbf you can say the same about 99% of the fights available for Jon, but A. he’s fighting someone and B. unless Conor’s on it, it’s a main event.

Jones vs Santos is NOT a IFW type of fight, sorry.

Im gonna bet on DC vs Ngannou as main event for that card or Conor fighting for some interim belt

On 3/11/2019 at 11:51 PM, Darth_Sprawl said:

With the UFC schedule panned out until right before fight week, we’re starting to get a better idea of the upcoming big fights and when they’re happening. Seeing as how fight week is built for stacking, I present the best possible card given the current landscape. Of course I always post these and the end result is always noticeably different, but one can always dream. With that, would something along these lines crack 800,000+ buys? If they stay healthy, I don’t know why the UFC wouldn’t go balls out like this, but we know they won’t. 3 title fights ftw:

Main Card:

Jon Jones vs. Thiago Santos (LHW Title) - Unless JBJ and DC agree to fight at heavyweight

Daniel Cormier vs. Brock Lesnar/Francis Ngannou (HW Title) - Brock is obviously the first choice, but Francis may have rebounded from the Stipe match and he’s gotten 2 big wins since. That said, DC would probably wrestle**** him worse than Stipe. JDS gets winner

Kamaru Usman Vs. Colby Covington (WW Title)

Johnny Walker vs. Jan Blachowicz - Johnny may fight in May in Brazil and again in July, then again maybe the week after. But in all seriousness, if he steamrolls his next opponent, a title shot should be next, even if it’s a bit premature.

Zabit vs. Brian Ortega/Frankie Edgar - Similar to Johnny, another big win for Zabit and he would be close to contention.

————————————

Not a bad fight week given the current “stars” available. Diaz bros are kinda gone, Conor’s got more legal issues, Ramadan for khabib, no more GSP, etc. No chicks on the main card either since they all fight in June, and Amanda wants to go end of the year. Any better suggestions? 

Given 3 years in a row with a loss title fight they would be smart to have 2 titles that night

On 3/12/2019 at 11:49 AM, skillandpower said:

Jones vs Santos is NOT a IFW type of fight, sorry.

Im gonna bet on DC vs Ngannou as main event for that card or Conor fighting for some interim belt

Only belt makes sense to give title and make conor happy is for 165 new weight class vs tony ferguson. Given both have fought at 155 and 170 before