Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Santiago Ponzinibbio wants Tyron Woodley next, ‘I will knock Tyron out’

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/santiago-ponzinibbio-wants-tyron-woodley-next-i-will-knock-tyron-out/

Santiago-Ponzinibbio-Tyron-Woodley

The welterweight division is about as deep of an MMA division as one could ask for. Currently, there happen to be three top 15 UFC welterweights with winning streaks within the organization that consists of seven straight wins or more. One of those streaks belongs to Argentina’s own, Santiago Ponzinibbio.

For the Argentinian, his last bout came in a home game when he put on a show for the Argentina faithful in his main event with Neil Magny. Notoriously hard to finish, Ponzinibbio would make things look easy as he dissected the perennial top 15er over the course of four rounds before landing the knockout blow.

Since then, Ponzinibbio has seemingly been on a crash course with the former lightweight champion, Rafael Dos Anjos. However, after going so long without the fight not materializing, Ponzinibbio is ready to move on to another former champion.

“The reality is, Dos Anjos said in the media that he wanted this fight, but he doesn’t,” Ponzinibbio told MMA Fighting. “He doesn’t want this fight. He never asked for it in the US, never made any noise to make it happen. He asked for it in Brazil so he wouldn’t look like a p*ssy, but the truth is he doesn’t want to fight me.

“I need to fight, man. This is one of the best moments of my career, I’m ready to become world champion and I don’t want to stay inactive. Since Dos Anjos really doesn’t want to fight me, I think Tyron Woodley is a great fight. I’ve showed time and time again I’m ready to become champion.”

Whether or not he’ll get the opportunity at Woodley next remains to be determined, but Ponzinibbio isn’t lacking any sort of confidence on his way to the top.

”I’ve done more than Tyron did when he first fought for the belt,” Ponzinibbio said. “I believe I’m ready to fight him. I will knock Tyron out and then I’ll fight for the title and knock Usman out. I will be the next welterweight champion in 2019.”

Good match up. Woodley fought most of the top 10 already so this fight makes sense. I know he's campaigning for an instant rematch but screw that.

• Like 1

Woodley vs RDA will be next,  unless Uscan is sidelined with injury and they make TWood vs Colby for the interim

The Ponz would maul him though.  that Weight cutting can should be at MW, but I still love him because,  well,  he's the Ponz.

ImmediateSpeedyAfricanparadiseflycatcher-max-1mb.gif

Woodley seemed like he didn't have the heart in the last fight so I'm not sure he's a great call out at the moment, hopefully we'll see a better Woodley in the next fight though cause he's a fantastic fighter that is often underrated, even as the champion they'd have him as the underdog but hopefully he'll come back anyway.

Agree with @Decompozeabout the rematch though, I'd rather he didn't. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skillandpower said:

On a side note we all know baldy is not giving Woodley a title shot ever again no matter how many fights he wins in a row

100% true. trade him to Bellator for MVP so we can watch him get hyped up and sparked worse than Ben 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brunofr418 said:

100% true. trade him to Bellator for MVP so we can watch him get hyped up and sparked worse than Ben 

after his last one I honestly think Till would look like a NCAA champ next to him:lol:

• Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 4:11 PM, Jolldan said:

after his last one I honestly think Till would look like a NCAA champ next to him:lol:

Yea getting out wrestled by daley means that condit could probably out wrestle you.

lmfao this dude barely beat Mike Perry.  He also turned his back and sprinted in the opposite direction multiple times and even dropped Mike while throwing spinning chit immediately upon not running for his life.

Tyron would kill this idiot.

He beats a nobody in Magny and has shown time and again he deserves a title shot...lmao.

Why on earth would Tyrone or his managing team want to fight a guy like that.I would expect that like all fighters now a days,Tyrone only wants his belt back and in no hurry to accept anything other than a rematch.

IMO Tyrone just like GSP sat on top and had it too easy so never evolved his game.GSP relied on TD's and Tyrone relied on being the stronger fighter.Tyrone met his equal when comes to strength and had no answer because of it.He still owns Sergio,IF he cares,he might be thinking  rematch for belt or retire ,depends on his financials.