Sign in to follow this  
freddievanhalen3

The Boys Season 1/ Preacher Season 4 (Comic Books Thread)

I feel like I made a comic book thread a while ago but couldn't find it when I searched for it. But lately I have been reading a lot of Fear Agent.. great sci fi action series. I have also been reading Criminal. As far as super heroes go I have been reading a lot of Justice Society of America... The first super hero team in comic books... what have you guys been reading if anything?

Updated* 

Watching

Season 1 of The Boys just finished 

currently watching season 4 of Preacher

Reading

Criminal Vol 7 Wrong Place Wrong Time 

Red Hood/ Arsenal Vol 2 Dancing with the Devils daughter,

Blue Beetle Vol 1 The More Things Change

Edited by freddievanhalen3
  • Like 3

Dont read much current stuff. Collect a lot of 1st issues/appearances. Will have to post some of your grails.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TUF said:

Dont read much current stuff. Collect a lot of 1st issues/appearances. Will have to post some of your grails.

I have a few friends that just collect.. Some books go for so much money its crazy!

• Like 3

There's a few graphic novel threads I think,  which is what I read.  Vert is just mad that there's no comic version of the Walking Dead tv spin-off,  fear the walking Mexicans 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

I just finished Kill or Be Killed the other day.. awesome story arc 

Depends if you're in to the more traditional superhero stuff or looking for something else

• The Sandman
  • 100 Bullets
  • V For Vendetta
  • The Dark Knight Returns
  • Maus
  • Like 3

Don't read them anymore.  Last time I did was the underground comics of the '80's.  Robert Crumb, S. Clay Wilson, and the incomparable Gilbert Shelton.  "Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope."

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Depends if you're in to the more traditional superhero stuff or looking for something else

• The Sandman
  • 100 Bullets
  • V For Vendetta
  • The Dark Knight Returns
  • Maus

The Sandman has some good stuff... I havent checked out 100 Bullets yet

• Like 1

On 3/18/2019 at 11:25 PM, OzStraya said:

There's a few graphic novel threads I think,  which is what I read.  Vert is just mad that there's no comic version of the Walking Dead tv spin-off,  fear the walking Mexicans 

Such a broad term.. still unsure of the actual difference 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

There isn't one, nerds just want to sound less nerdy 

• Like 2

I have a few first appearance grades comics in the 96ish range. Bane (who's my favorite comic book character) first appearance is my personal grail. Graded 96. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I have a few first appearance grades comics in the 96ish range. Bane (who's my favorite comic book character) first appearance is my personal grail. Graded 96. 

Bane is one.of my favorite batman villains 

• Like 2

On 3/23/2019 at 11:21 AM, freddievanhalen3 said:

A graphic novel is more like a book or a film where a comic is a sit-com/villian of the week TV series... Or a comic 😂 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

A graphic novel is more like a book or a film where a comic is a sit-com/villian of the week TV series... Or a comic 😂 

That makes sense but I still feel like people always get it wrong

• Like 2

On 3/25/2019 at 6:45 AM, OzStraya said:

most graphic novels are just anthologies of comics. As an example Watchmen was originally published as a 12 issue comic as were most "graphic novels".

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PunchBag said:

most graphic novels are just anthologies of comics. As an example Watchmen was originally published as a 12 issue comic as were most "graphic novels".

That would just be a trade though

• Like 1

On 3/27/2019 at 7:10 AM, PunchBag said:

Tf that's a tpb m8, they still release them in issues.  Watchmen is absolutely a gn

• Like 2

4 hours ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

Just started The Boys pretty good so far 

The boys is dope!  Really, anything by Ennis is good.  TV series is out next year and Seth Rogan is producing again,  and after the amazing work he's done with Preacher I'm keen AF!

Trailer is already lit

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OzStraya said:

The boys is dope!  Really, anything by Ennis is good.  TV series is out next year and Seth Rogan is producing again,  and after the amazing work he's done with Preacher I'm keen AF!

Trailer is already lit

**** ya I had no clue and yea Ennis is probably one of the best

• Like 1

Have you ever read or heard of Crossed Oz?? its by Garth Ennis... its like walking dead but really ****ed up... you should check it out its the first series I read 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 9:30 PM, wickles82 said:

I beg, to differ 

must be knee deep in vag with smashing come backs like this, mate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/30/2019 at 7:16 AM, freddievanhalen3 said:

Have you ever read or heard of Crossed Oz?? its by Garth Ennis... its like walking dead but really ****ed up... you should check it out its the first series I read 

M8 crossed is insane.  Nothing comes close.  There were a few attempts to do a show or movie on it but unless it's just a straight up R horror I doubt it gets done.  Ennis is the GOAT #changemymind

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OzStraya said:

M8 crossed is insane.  Nothing comes close.  There were a few attempts to do a show or movie on it but unless it's just a straight up R horror I doubt it gets done.  Ennis is the GOAT #changemymind

I dont even know I'd it would be legal to make a movie or show for it 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

Y the last man is also a great comic

That's a great one, imagine it being written or produced now though with all the femmen / PC / alphabets??  It would probably be "all the heterosexuals are dead!"

• Like 1

Just now, OzStraya said:

That's a great one, imagine it being written or produced now though with all the femmen / PC / alphabets??  It would probably be "all the heterosexuals are dead!"

lol probably.. luckily we got it when we did... what do you think about Ed Brubaker?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

One of the best scifi story arcs 

I've had the 2nd image as a tattoo design for years just haven't gotten around to it.  

Transmet and Preacher are my equal 2 GOAT comics.  Can pick either up at the start and get completely engrossed and read the whole thing easily.  Wish Transmet could get sold as an epic TV series 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzStraya said:

I've had the 2nd image as a tattoo design for years just haven't gotten around to it.  

Transmet and Preacher are my equal 2 GOAT comics.  Can pick either up at the start and get completely engrossed and read the whole thing easily.  Wish Transmet could get sold as an epic TV series 

They are both amazing but IMO Fear Agent is number 1 right now

• Like 2