Sign in to follow this  
freddievanhalen3

The Boys Season 1/ Preacher Season 4 (Comic Books Thread)

Get s*** on! Just became the highest rated and most viewed streaming show at the moment 

Post image

• Like 2

On 8/7/2019 at 5:44 PM, TUF said:

Get s*** on! Just became the highest rated and most viewed streaming show at the moment 

Post image

Why do you have that **** in Portuguese?

14 minutes ago, MauroPedrosa said:

bump

Incomparable to these.   It's along the lines of Preacher. Gore is walking dead level

Edited by OzStraya
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MauroPedrosa said:

Why do you have that **** in Portuguese?

Viva Portugal

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

ryan-seacrest-high-five-fail.gif

Tries to initiate a five with a blind guy

Instead of bailing out when he remembered his handicap, forces blind guy to give him a five.

Respect 

• Haha 1

I somehow missed this during the showrunners AMA on reddit but I could get behind this direction if that's the way they're going. That finale was a bit shark jumpy.

Post image

43 minutes ago, TUF said:

Can't wait!

What story you most looking forward to see returning in Season 2?

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Will not read as I'm only half way through, just came in to say @TUF, your AV actually contains a spoiler....please take urgent action!

Post image

• Haha 1

Will not read as I'm only half way through, just came in to say @TUF, your AV actually contains a spoiler....please take urgent action!

Huge news. The fora is gonna need an early review.  

57 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Can't wait!

More of the same is fine. Mentioned before but hope it never gets a big budget. Don't need to see them throwing CGI hands every episode. The world building, gritty, heist feel, and dark humor was pretty refreshing. The showrunner gave a pretty decent breakdown of what to expect in S2 already and it's sounds like a pretty logical next step. Never read the comics so curious what you or somebody that did read them is looking forward to although it sounds like it's already strayed from them quite a bit. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Can't wait!

Its going to be DOPE!!!! I wish they would do Herogasm but I know they wont

9 hours ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

Its going to be DOPE!!!! I wish they would do Herogasm but I know they wont

They've already confirmed they're going to for season 3 to some extent. 

7 hours ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

This season of Preacher is turning out awesome... not that I expected anything less

Trying to get @Bubba_Sparks to finish one series. plz don't distract Preacher Sparks with a show called Preacher. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, TUF said:

Huge news. The fora is gonna need an early review.  

@Bubba_Sparks has an army of wall breakers coming to a CC near you if this thread ducking continues 

• Like 2

Just now, TUF said:

@Bubba_Sparks has an army of wall breakers coming to a CC near you if this thread ducking continues 

I don't want to read any more spoilers!

Will finish up tonight probably and give my considered verdict. 

Early indications suggest you might not like it 😣

• Like 1

Just now, Bubba_Sparks said:

I don't want to read any more spoilers!

Will finish up tonight probably and give my considered verdict. 

Early indications suggest you might not like it 😣

smh. Not even your time in the states has saved you from your uncultured ways. 

Apologies, thought you had finished it. The show peaked a bit for me around half way so if you're not convinced yet, then I sold you wolf tickets. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TUF said:

Trying to get @Bubba_Sparks to finish one series. plz don't distract Preacher Sparks with a show called Preacher. 

lol is he actually a preacher or is that some sort of goofy idea someone came up with for the things he posts 

Just now, freddievanhalen3 said:

lol is he actually a preacher or is that some sort of goofy idea someone came up with for the things he posts 

Also do you watch Preacher?? and If you dont why not?

10 hours ago, TUF said:

They've already confirmed they're going to for season 3 to some extent. 

Thats weird I literally watched 2 videos and read 1 article saying they werent going to do it... I really hope so though lol super heroes getting loaded Im in... It was hilarious in the books 

2 hours ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

I'm a preacher. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I'm a preacher. 

oh wow how did I not know that....I feel like I probably did at one poiunt but forgot... what religion? Also have you seen the show? Do you ever preach about how much better you think the UK i than the US?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

oh wow how did I not know that....I feel like I probably did at one poiunt but forgot... what religion? Also have you seen the show? Do you ever preach about how much better you think the UK i than the US?

I don't really talk about my faith much on here. Not really the place!

I'm a Christian. Haven't seen the show. I'm afraid. Lol, you've got me mixed you with someone else, I'm a big fan of the US. Would happily live there. 

Would you recommend preacher? I've heard good things. 

• Like 1

I'm a Christian. Haven't seen the show. I'm afraid. Lol, you've got me mixed you with someone else, I'm a big fan of the US. Would happily live there. 

Oh that’s really cool... I really didn’t know that.. My aunt is a nun. Did you have to go to like convent school or however you spell it... not really sure my parents were catholic and my aunt is a catholic nun so I know it’s different.. But the show is amazing.. You would probably like it they do touch on some religious ideas and facts and they are pretty close to the truth.. I went to catholic elementary school so I know a lot more about religion then I’d care to 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

Oh that’s really cool... I really didn’t know that.. My aunt is a nun. Did you have to go to like convent school or however you spell it... not really sure my parents were catholic and my aunt is a catholic nun so I know it’s different.. But the show is amazing.. You would probably like it they do touch on some religious ideas and facts and they are pretty close to the truth.. I went to catholic elementary school so I know a lot more about religion then I’d care to 

No school; in fact no formal training at all really. Learnt on the job.  I only do it once a month or so.

Yeah, most people who went to catholic schools feel like that I think!

Will check out the show once I've finished The Boys.  Then I can contribute to this thread a bit more!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

No school; in fact no formal training at all really. Learnt on the job.  I only do it once a month or so.

Yeah, most people who went to catholic schools feel like that I think!

Will check out the show once I've finished The Boys.  Then I can contribute to this thread a bit more!

lol clssic Bubba response 

Also The Biys is like six episodes finish that ****

Tried watching this and couldn't really get into it. Guess you have to be an ultra comic nerd to be into it. IDK just didn't grab my attention but i was a little distracted with something else when i watched it. 

Holy chit though when this happened. 

06628ff6ecb76b6a3c9d75bb4ce9fc50f49f5f19

18 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

Tried watching this and couldn't really get into it. Guess you have to be an ultra comic nerd to be into it. IDK just didn't grab my attention but i was a little distracted with something else when i watched it. 

How far did you make it? Maybe give it a chance without the performance de-enhancers. 

3 minutes ago, TUF said:

How far did you make it? Maybe give it a chance without the performance de-enhancers. 

I watched a few episodes but i was cooking & texting at the time. I'll give it another try when i'm less distracted. 

11 hours ago, StompGrind said:

Im sure most of the people on here havent even read a single of The boys let alone even know what The Boys was before the show came out

14 hours ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

Im sure most of the people on here havent even read a single of The boys let alone even know what The Boys was before the show came out

Didn't mean it like that. Meant it like there's a certain type of super hero comic dork that will watch anything super hero/comic & think it's amazing. Half of these shows are unwatchable to me. 

I'm like that about fantasy,  murder mysteries, psychological thrillers & documentaries. I'm a total dork for a lot of those & find ones that a lot of people probably wouldn't like but they're awesome to me but super hero/comics shows & movies it's very few that hook me. 

I'll give this another try again in a few weeks because it did seem different & somewhat interesting but i was distracted but yeah if a show doesn't really grab me after a few episodes i usually don't watch the rest. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, StompGrind said:

Didn't mean it like that. Meant it like there's a certain type of super hero comic dork that will watch anything super hero/comic & think it's amazing. Half of these shows are unwatchable to me. 

I'm like that about fantasy,  murder mysteries, psychological thrillers & documentaries. I'm a total dork for a lot of those & find ones that a lot of people probably wouldn't like but they're awesome to me but super hero/comics shows & movies it's very few that hook me. 

I'll give this another try again in a few weeks because it did seem different & somewhat interesting but i was distracted but yeah if a show doesn't really grab me after a few episodes i usually don't watch the rest. 

Oh ok I got you... ya I am a huge comic book fan/ nerd... but I’m not big on superhero comics.. sure I read them but I mainly read the lesser known comics... most people think comics are all just super heroes Batman Superman garbage... but that is actually a very small portion of what comic books have to offer.... The writer for the Boys and Preacher Garth Ennis is one of my favorite comic book writers and he rarely ever does a super hero book.. this is actually one of us only ones... I know he did a Punisher and Captain America run... but for the most part he does dark stories that don’t revolve around a super hero saving the day every issue.. if you ever want to check some comic books out check out The preacher book then the show... Or Crossed if you want a dark and way better version of the Boring dead (walking)... do you read comics at all?

9 hours ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

Oh ok I got you... ya I am a huge comic book fan/ nerd... but I’m not big on superhero comics.. sure I read them but I mainly read the lesser known comics... most people think comics are all just super heroes Batman Superman garbage... but that is actually a very small portion of what comic books have to offer.... The writer for the Boys and Preacher Garth Ennis is one of my favorite comic book writers and he rarely ever does a super hero book.. this is actually one of us only ones... I know he did a Punisher and Captain America run... but for the most part he does dark stories that don’t revolve around a super hero saving the day every issue.. if you ever want to check some comic books out check out The preacher book then the show... Or Crossed if you want a dark and way better version of the Boring dead (walking)... do you read comics at all?

Not really a comic reader. 

Season 1 finished.

Very enjoyable.  Feels like a good time to release it as well as the traditional super hero series/films have well and truly reached saturation point.  Enough twists and turns to keep me guessing right to the end.  Also really like how it doesn't take itself too seriously; the sub-plot with The Deep being kinda dumb was great and having an Englishman and a French bloke as fairly major characters makes a nice change for one of these mega series.

I actually thought it got better and better, but maybe I was just concentrating a bit more towards the end.

Edit: I haven't read a comic since "The Beano" in 1981, so I can confirm that it is not just the purview of the nerd.

Very much looking forwards to season 2.  Not sure I'm ready to launch into several series of Preacher yet though!

Edited by Bubba_Sparks
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Season 1 finished.

Very enjoyable.  Feels like a good time to release it as well as the traditional super hero series/films have well and truly reached saturation point.  Enough twists and turns to keep me guessing right to the end.  Also really like how it doesn't take itself too seriously; the sub-plot with The Deep being kinda dumb was great and having an Englishman and a French bloke as fairly major characters makes a nice change for one of these mega series.

I actually thought it got better and better, but maybe I was just concentrating a bit more towards the end.

Edit: I haven't read a comic since "The Beano" in 1981, so I can confirm that it is not just the purview of the nerd.

Very much looking forwards to season 2.  Not sure I'm ready to launch into several series of Preacher yet though!

GOATs recognize GOAT 

Agree with all the above. Give The Deeps commercial a look up on youtube. Was good lulz.

On 8/21/2019 at 1:06 PM, Bubba_Sparks said:

The preacher is an excellent example of the actual true story of Jesus and the Pope and friends.  Highly recommend 

12 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Season 1 finished.

The original Hughie was Scottish and based on Simon Pegg but they cast the Yank and had Pegg play his dad with an American accent!  

wee-hughie-simon-pegg-the-boys-1563897454.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

The original Hughie was Scottish and based on Simon Pegg but they cast the Yank and had Pegg play his dad with an American accent!  

wee-hughie-simon-pegg-the-boys-1563897454.jpg

Yeah, i read about that. It was a bit odd hearing Pegg with an American accent.  Surprised he didn't have a bigger part to play as one of the more well known actors.