Sign in to follow this  
broke_fl0w

Justin Gaethje would beat Khabib via first round TKO

13 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Not sure why this is so complicated.....

Nobody is saying Khabib is a can.  Nobody is saying he's a rubbish grappler.  He's clearly a powerful grappler, and has used that power to win the vast majority of his fights.

However....he has not fought a decorated wrestler before.  His last 5 fights have been against 2 last minute replacements (Al, Horcher), a couple of featherweights (Conor, Johnson) and a guy who has been the punching bag for most of the top 10.  This is not Khabib's fault, and doesn't make him a can; it is however, valid context for his current unbeaten streak.  Due to a variety of circumstances he hasn't faced the cream of LW, and it is a compelling argument that he won't be able to take Gaethje down due to his extremely impressive wrestling credentials.  In the one fight he couldn't take his opponent down consistently (Tibau), he looked poor, and was gifted a decision.

Suggesting that Gaethje will stuff the takedowns and knock him out is therefore a reasonable and logical stance.  Not quite sure why everyone is getting so upset about it.

These two are both natural LW's m8 

16 hours ago, pound4poundG said:

Can you give us some names of the wrestlers who he has avoided and who would run through him?

Well, let me see.  He has been competing professionally for almost 11 years, taking 27 matches.  He has been in the UFC for more than 7 years and he has had 11 fights.  In all that time, he has never fought even a journeyman-level D1 wrestler.  So to be fair, and to avoid confusing anyone with too long of a list...he has avoided every single wrestler that has ever competed in Mixed Martial Arts.

4 hours ago, Megasoup said:

Well, let me see.  He has been competing professionally for almost 11 years, taking 27 matches.  He has been in the UFC for more than 7 years and he has had 11 fights.  In all that time, he has never fought even a journeyman-level D1 wrestler.  So to be fair, and to avoid confusing anyone with too long of a list...he has avoided every single wrestler that has ever competed in Mixed Martial Arts.

You can only fight and beat what is put infront of you and you cant ask him to do more than that. Where are all the wrestlers calling out Khabib? not ever heard any of them? And as far as you naming names please do i want to see this long list. The fact is there arent many great wrestlers in the lightweight division, all the good wrestlers are in the featherweight division and if they want a piece of Khabib they know where to find him.

46 minutes ago, pound4poundG said:

You can only fight and beat what is put infront of you and you cant ask him to do more than that. Where are all the wrestlers calling out Khabib? not ever heard any of them? And as far as you naming names please do i want to see this long list. The fact is there arent many great wrestlers in the lightweight division, all the good wrestlers are in the featherweight division and if they want a piece of Khabib they know where to find him.

Yeah, isn't that sort of suspicious that there aren't any wrestlers in the lightweight division?  You're not a thinker, are you?

Abu Dhabi's Flash Entertainment bought a stake in the UFC in 2010 and promptly had an event there.  Not long after, old Kabob made his way into the UFC, stringing together a bunch of wins against carefully selected opponents. 

Meanwhile, there was a mass exodus of wrestlers from that division.  Now there are none.  No other division is like that.  Coincidence?  Well, you seem to think so...but you're not very bright.

1 hour ago, pound4poundG said:

Kevin Lee was calling him out for literally years.

His terrorist rat manager does NOT accept tough fights. Period.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megasoup said:

Yeah, isn't that sort of suspicious that there aren't any wrestlers in the lightweight division?  You're not a thinker, are you?

Abu Dhabi's Flash Entertainment bought a stake in the UFC in 2010 and promptly had an event there.  Not long after, old Kabob made his way into the UFC, stringing together a bunch of wins against carefully selected opponents. 

Meanwhile, there was a mass exodus of wrestlers from that division.  Now there are none.  No other division is like that.  Coincidence?  Well, you seem to think so...but you're not very bright.

Your think abit too much mate i think you need to stop watching conspiracy theories. Theres no great wrestlers in the lighweight division because abu dhabi paid dana not to allow any good wrestlers to come in to the lightweight division lol

1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

Kevin Lee was calling him out for literally years.

His terrorist rat manager does NOT accept tough fights. Period.

was that before of after he got his a** raped by the realtor. Sure lets give this bum a chance to fight the champ who just lost to a real estate guy

16 minutes ago, pound4poundG said:

was that before of after he got his a** raped by the realtor. Sure lets give this bum a chance to fight the champ who just lost to a real estate guy

YEARS, DIP****.

This Gaethje thing is definitely a fight that should happen, when you think about it (and I'm hoping Gaethje still keeps up on his wrestling game which I honestly have no idea about in regards to recent years) but Gaethje fighting Khabib would answer questions that haven't been answered before where as if Khabib was to fight say, I dunno, Max for example, we would just be getting another fight like the Conor fight (I don't mean by result by from the angle/challenge Khabib hasn't faced) and this is where the whole Gaethje thing comes in and needs to happen, I honestly do feel he would give Khabib a problem he hasn't faced before and the TD stoppages too would be a problem and as we've seen Khabib man handle and maul his opponents (which he does so dominantly well) this could also be a problem for Gaethje too and this is where the fight is great and needs to happen as well as something Khabib hasn't faced before.

I honestly don't know who would win but has Khabib been tested this way, probably not, like I say (and I use Max as an example only) but him fighting Max would be similar to him fighting Conor and we saw how that went (that doesn't mean it would be the same but you get my point) where as with Gaethje it could be something Khabib hasn't dealt with yet before and that's where it would be good and interesting, it's definitely the fight I would love to see, I'd like to see the Askren fight too (which I said a long time ago) as he also not only proved he is tough and can take a beating but his wrestling style and dominance isn't questionable either, another fight that needs to happen.

I believe Gaethje could do it, I feel he's more than capable and I can picture it now Gaethje seriously doing this (and how good would it be for his career too) but at the same time I can't take away the fact Khabib has man handled his opponents so well and how strong and dominant he is also, so it would be very interesting to see.

It needs to happen and I would love to see Gaethje win by far (apart from of course the part where Cash is like "Told you so" :D), but all jokes aside people aren't wrong here about the fight, the odd's and the challenge it brings for Khabib which he hasn't had yet, it's just for me there's never a guarantee fighters won't get caught or caught in positions etc.. (which we've been over now).

It's probably one of the most important fight that needs to be booked and if Dana White doesn't book it at some point (or with Askren either as it goes) then it does look like they're protecting Khabib.

Edited by Welcome_to_Moe's
  • Like 1

The same people that say Khabib is protected are the same people that say Khabib isnt even a draw nobody wants to watch him, and he cant sell any PPVs. Why would the UFC be protecting someone who cant sell any PPVS? 

If the UFC was going to protect anyone it would have been connor. Now STFU jimmies and handle the facts. 

Conor accepts tough fights. He's a real man. Not a towel ****er.

Khaboob... he likes the easy fights. He doesn't fight people who are stylistically difficult for him. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, pound4poundG said:

The same people that say Khabib is protected are the same people that say Khabib isnt even a draw nobody wants to watch him, and he cant sell any PPVs. Why would the UFC be protecting someone who cant sell any PPVS? 

If the UFC was going to protect anyone it would have been connor. Now STFU jimmies and handle the facts. 

Khabib is absolutely a draw, if he's on a card people will buy tickets. 

13 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Conor accepts tough fights. He's a real man. Not a towel ****er.

Khaboob... he likes the easy fights. He doesn't fight people who are stylistically difficult for him. 

I'm honestly not sure if it's Khabib or his manager dude that does this or even the UFC who book the fights, I really don't see Khabib as the kind that would avoid fights even stylistically though it is of course just an assumption.

If it is the case of the manager then Khabib probably should speak up otherwise he's always going to be unproven from this perspective, if it is the UFC request the fights to his manager and the UFC or call out the fights personally. I see that guy talking for him all the time it makes me wonder if Khabib gets a bit pissed off with that as I'm sure he said something fairly recently about it how he said his manager doesn't speak for him when he said something or other (I forget now).

I kinda see Khabib though as the guy who lets them all deal with that and just takes what comes to him however if the fight came, I'm sure he'd take it (I would hope).

Maybe it's a bit of both, I dunno but the fact these fights haven't been booked yet been asked about validly a few times does make you wonder if maybe it's the UFC and his manager both avoiding this.

Or maybe we are just jumping the gun because it hasn't happened yet, lets wait and see for a while if the fight like this comes around (Gaethje/Askren), let Khabib come back and let him have a couple of fights first as he gets into the UFC and if it doesn't happen after two or three fights then yeah, maybe so.

I was reading this this morning.

Khabib Nurmagomedov confirms UFC return is in the works: Very soon news is coming.

UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagmedov has revealed his return to the Octagon is currently in the works.

Nurmagomedov hasn’t set foot inside the cage since his UFC 229 victory Conor McGregor, his first defence of the lightweight crown.

The Russian is currently serving a nine-month suspension for his part in the brawl which marred his fourth-round submission victory and will be eligible to return to the cage from July 6 onwards.

It’s been reported ‘The Eagle’ could be back in action in the fall, with a September return being mooted.

And during a meet-and-greet event in Russia on Tuesday, the Dagestan native revealed negotiations over his next fight are underway and that it could take place in Abu Dhabi.

"Yes, we are working on this," Nurmagomedov told RT Sport. "UFC told me that they are working on this.

“I just came back from Dubai. And very soon news is coming. Very soon.”

The final hurdle for Nurmagomedov’s return is the suspensions bestowed on his cousin - Abubakar - and team-mate Zubaira Tukhugov, who received one-year bans for their respective parts in the infamous UFC 229 melee.

And the 30-year-old is adamant he won’t return until the pair have been given fights.

“[Tukgugov and Abubakar] either have to fight with me on the same event or before me, it is the main term of my comeback," he added. “It's a principal issue for me and I won't step back.”

The identity of Nurmagomedov’s next opponent will likely be revealed next week in the main event of UFC 236, which will see Max Holloway and Dustin Poirier vie for the interim lightweight title.

And Russia’s first UFC champion is expecting to face the winner of the eagerly-anticipated 155lbs bout.

He said: “[Holloway and Poirier] are fighting for the interim belt, and the champion has to face the interim champion

“Tony Ferguson can't fight at the moment, (Georges) St-Pierre is retired, McGregor is retired, a boxing match with Mayweather is not happening as we couldn't come to an agreement with UFC. Holloway and Poirier are great fighters, I will fight the winner of this bout."

Nurmagomedov's comments on his future come less than a week after UFC president Dana White suggested we'd see the AKA standout back in the cage in September.

"He’ll be back in September," White said during an appearance on the UFC Unfiltered Podcast.

"It’s one of the things with him anyways, he’s on suspension and then he doesn’t fight during Ramadan. That puts him at September."

Source: https://www.express.co.uk/sport/ufc/1108838/Khabib-Nurmagomedov-UFC-Return-Negotiations-UFC-News-And-Rumours

Let's just see what happens :)

• Like 1

**** him.

Abubakar got bodied by a random in PFL. He doesn't deserve a spot on the roster. And **** Tukhugov too. Couple of ****ing dip****s who need to learn that they don't run the world.

If I'm Baldie or the matchmakers, I tell that can to hit the bricks. Russians don't buy PPVs. He doesn't sell PPVs. Bubye!

• Like 1

To be honest, I don't know much about Abubakar or Tukhugov so can't comment really, I just think we should see what happens anyway, those guys are irrelevant, just get Khabib back and sort some of this **** out I reckon.

Let him come back, give him a couple of fights to get his feet back in again (so people can't make an excuse too if he was to lose such as ring rust like they did with Conor) then set up a real good fight with a different perspective, such as Askren or Gaethje (either one I'll be happy with cause at least we'll see they've booked it).

52 minutes ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

To be honest, I don't know much about Abubakar or Tukhugov so can't comment really, I just think we should see what happens anyway, those guys are irrelevant, just get Khabib back and sort some of this **** out I reckon.

Let him come back, give him a couple of fights to get his feet back in again (so people can't make an excuse too if he was to lose such as ring rust like they did with Conor) then set up a real good fight with a different perspective, such as Askren or Gaethje (either one I'll be happy with cause at least we'll see they've booked it).

It would be nice, but the towel ****er will likely aim for a Conor rematch, then a Tony Ferguson fight (unless Tony finally loses after getting knocked down for the fifteenth straight fight), and then he'll rematch Barbozo or someone like that before he retires. 

I'm telling you. This is a theme. He isn't going ti suddenly start getting tested.

Just now, cashfl0w said:

It would be nice, but the towel ****er will likely aim for a Conor rematch, then a Tony Ferguson fight (unless Tony finally loses after getting knocked down for the fifteenth straight fight), and then he'll rematch Barbozo or someone like that before he retires. 

I'm telling you. This is a theme. He isn't going ti suddenly start getting tested.

I know 😕 But part of me feels like how can they avoid it? It might take a bit of perseverance and need to be pushed a lot for them to say "Right, we need to do this" but it's got to happen somewhere otherwise Khabib is always going to be untested this way and I'm pretty sure Khabib wouldn't want that. Again, I do feel that Khabib is pretty laid back that he just lets people do the business side of things for him and he just takes what comes but if he spoke up or called out it would definitely push the fights without a doubt, I just don't think he can be bothered to do so but I dunno. 

If you want to be the greatest you have to beat the greatest and that means in all aspects of the division, so far Khabib has undeniably dominated and all credit due to him but it's now at the point where he has to take a fight along these lines otherwise he's going to be constantly unproven and I'm sure he wouldn't want that.

The fans are going to do their head in if they don't do it, also if the fighters start talking about it more then more fans are gonna pick up on this, learn about it, see as to why it needs to happen (lets be honest not every fan has noticed this or do they always know the depth of a fighter other than what they see in the octagon) but if it's out there, they soon will.

The Conor rematch seems pointless to me but they're going to want to replicate the money earned from the last one so that's why it'll happen (plus Conor obviously wants his revenge as he doesn't want to end on a loss to Khabib), Tony, again, it's just going back to the Max perspective example I mentioned earlier, it's just another one of them, it's pointless and Barboza, well I dunno, is his stock high at the moment, I dunno.

But nah I hear you, I think people need to make some noise in regards to it and slowly but surely they'll have to make it happen, some of the fighters in the game should bring it up more and if they have already, then they still need to bring it up more cause eventually they are going to be challenged on it in regards to why hasn't it happened and why hasn't it been booked.

Do their head in at the press conference, get the fighters calling them out while the fans just constantly get on on it, sure it'll take time and perseverance but I do feel that we'll get there eventually. I know people say what they say about Dana (and I know I'll probably be knocked for this comment) but he does actually listen to the fans, it might sometimes take a few nudges but he does so I think it's just a matter of as and when.

But it does need to be asked why the fights haven't been booked, I hope this comes up at some of the press conferences soon.

That goat fcker will muzlim his way out of any tough fight. He draws fck all, he's a nobody propped up by a terrorist piece of filth that should get the chair. The only reason he sees success is because of that fat dlckless warlord everyone is scared about, and the blackmail pics ali cntpiece has of Dana blowing farm animals.

The whole thing is a crock of chit. Fck the roiding dagestani wrestle fcking dog turds.