Sign in to follow this  
Welcome_to_Moe's

What are some of the greatest most underrated fights you guys like? (Also what did you guys think to Cub Swanson vs Doo Ho Choi at UFC 206)

I was wondering this as I was recently watching the UFC Greatest Fights series on BT Sport and one that really stood out for me was Cub Swanson vs Doo Ho Choi at UFC 206. Cub Swanson can hit and the dude has some serious never give up attitude but Doo Ho Choi also is equally as tough, also has a good punch behind him but will the dude go down, will he hell! Cub was seriously hitting him with some bombs (and Choi was giving his fair share back) the fight was an absolute war with no losers really within this fight. I know this fight does get the credit of being one of the greatest fights but it's not something I hear about as often as I would have thought really but it was fantastic.

I'm looking forward to Cub's fight on May 4th, he's definitely one of my favourite fighters and up there among the rest. I've watched this three or four times now and just again with a friend who loved this also and really got into it, such a good well put together show on such a fantastic fight. I wish I could share the Greatest Fights show with you which was on BT Sport as it was great and so well put together (I can't find it anywhere online) with interviews from Cub and Doo talking you through the fight, it's definitely one of the greatest fights in my opinion also and although I can't share the BT Sport Greatest Fights show (I really wish I could so you guys could watch it) someone has put a pretty good highlights video together.

Though what are your thoughts in regards to this fight and is there any fights you feel are among the greatest fights you feel personally? I'd love to hear as I'm sure you guys have some great fights in vaults that you love which are quite underrated.

I'd love to hear and maybe watch a few of the fights I've not seen you guys come up with :) 

Edited by Welcome_to_Moe's

Oh so you can ask about about Swanson vs Choi from like 2015 but when i asked you what you thought about Diaz vs Condit you magically didn't have a take

Interesting

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PATSTER said:

Oh so you can ask about about Swanson vs Choi from like 2015 but when i asked you what you thought about Diaz vs Condit you magically didn't have a take

Interesting

Moe doesn't watch bad fights

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PATSTER said:

Interesting

Nothing interesting about it at all, you're reading into things too much.

49 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

Im a bit confused with this thread ...

Why? lol

49 minutes ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

Nothing interesting about it at all, you're reading into things too much.

Why? lol

You mean fights that are already booked but nobody is talking about or 'unbooked' fights that are underrated ?

2 hours ago, skillandpower said:

You mean fights that are already booked but nobody is talking about or 'unbooked' fights that are underrated ?

Fights that have been and done which you thought was phenomenal but you don't really hear spoke about much? Say if you were to recommend a fight fr someone to watch who's never seen UFC maybe?

Like the one in the OP :)

2 minutes ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

Fights that have been and done which you thought was phenomenal but you don't really hear spoke about much? Say if you were to recommend a fight fr someone to watch who's never seen UFC maybe?

Like the one in the OP :)

I will add Wanderlei Silva vs Stann to this list

• Like 1

i already made a thread about this a while back when i was just dipping my toes in the FC pool. 

3 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

i already made a thread about this a while back when i was just dipping my toes in the FC pool. 

About the Cub fight or about underrated fights in general?

Speaking of the Cub fight, what do you guys reckon to that one with Doo Ho Choi? 

Just now, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

About the Cub fight or about underrated fights in general?

Speaking of the Cub fight, what do you guys reckon to that one with Doo Ho Choi? 

underrated fights. truth be told i wouldn't consider Cub vs Choi underrated except to the most casual of fans 

Just now, brunofr418 said:

underrated fights. truth be told i wouldn't consider Cub vs Choi underrated except to the most casual of fans 

Yeah, as I mentioned in the OP I know the fight does get the credit but it's not something I hear about much which I do feel it probably should be spoken about a little more with these kind of discussions.

There's been some really great fights though, I've been watching them on BT Sport recently and they really cover them really well. 

35 minutes ago, wickles82 said:

Cowboy vs Yancy medeiros

Yeah, speaking of Yancy I do wonder what fight he'll get next after the Gillespie loss, I think both those guys need a good fight booking now as it got quite boo'd at the end of the fight did that so both would benefit from a new fight I reckon. 

Here are some of my favorite fights

Aldo/Mendes 2

Bermudez/Stephens

Cerrone/Brown

Vannata/Green

Pettis/Poirier

Elkins/Bektic

Oliveira/Medeiros

Good/Dos Santos

Nakamura/Jingling

Lamas/Emmett

Ponzinibbio/Perry