Sign in to follow this  
Welcome_to_Moe's

Are there any fighters you didn't like but became a fan of over time?

There's a lot of UFC fighters I really like, Al, Gaethje, Max, Cub, Smith, Gus etc.. I could go on and of course there's some I just can't take to at all (Edwards, Colby) but of course fighters can win you over so I was wondering is there any UFC fighters you really didn't like that grew on you over time and you became a fan of?

I wasn't initially a big fan of Adesanya at first, don't get me wrong, I never disliked him or anything, he was just there for me but over time I've really become a fan so he's probably one for me I guess.

I thought this could be quite interesting to hear your various perspectives on this?

Edited by Welcome_to_Moe's

24 minutes ago, Dark_Horse said:

If you're making a list Moe, you need to add every male and female fighter past and present who has ever been under UFC contract.

Eh? How does that relate to wondering if there's any fighters anyone weren't a fan of initially but later became a fan? 

1 minute ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

Eh? How does that relate to wondering if there's any fighters anyone weren't a fan of initially but later became a fan? 

Because you get paid to post about your love for everything UFC 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Listen, you must be making a chit load of money out of this. I bet you get a commission for every reply. So with that said, you should pay back all the peeps who contribute. What I'm saying is, you need to buy us all Arnold Allen T-shirts with some of your earnings.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dark_Horse said:

Listen, you must be making a chit load of money out of this. I bet you get a commission for every reply. So with that said, you should pay back all the peeps who contribute. What I'm saying is, you need to buy us all Arnold Allen T-shirts with some of your earnings.

Are you struggling? Just drop me a message and I'll send you some Woolworths vouchers in the post. 

35 minutes ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

Are you struggling? Just drop me a message and I'll send you some Woolworths vouchers in the post. 

The AA T shirt will be fine thanks

57 minutes ago, Dark_Horse said:

The AA T shirt will be fine thanks

No, that's taking the mickey now, don't be ungrateful. 

Get yourself an AA T-Shirt with your voucher or put it towards some jacket potatoes for your tea.

974059084_Woolworths-10-Gift-Voucher-A-But-Creased-From.jpg.2f1d64c2349806e064d60220abc85bcf.jpg

• Like 1

i hated colby at first but he kinda grew on me after the RDA fight. then he fell off the face of the earth and now im more indifferent towards him.

1 minute ago, brunofr418 said:

i hated colby at first but he kinda grew on me after the RDA fight. then he fell off the face of the earth and now im more indifferent towards him.

Yeah, I think the thing for me with Colby is just the things he does, like that **** with Dana White recently while Dana was having some down time after the Smith and Jones fight, it actually puts me off wanting to see him fight to be honest as I just don't have a lot of interest in him when he's acting like that.

Credit to him for what he does in the octagon of course but things like that just really put me off, maybe he'll grow on me next time I see a fight booked but will see :)

7 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

I hated Weidman at first but then he started to get so beat up and smashed that I felt sorry for the guy and now I kinda like him

lol

Ha, that's funny! Nah I hear what you mean though cause sometimes it humbles them don't it too, it's like Till, he could actually be really likeable to a lot of people, have you seen the Face Off with Masvidal with Dan Hardy? If he was like that more often I reckon more people would get behind him. 

1 minute ago, skillandpower said:

Didnt like Woodley at first but became a fan after a while.

Yeah, I quite liked Woodley at first and then kinda got bored of him a little, I do feel he's given too much stick though at times, baffled me how many times he was the underdog even when he was holding the title.

I liked Lawler at first too but like him even more now as the dudes so chill and has a great attitude too, I reckon Askren might be one that people don't always like at first but he grows on people over time, specially if he continues to back things up he says also but he's definitely added a lot of spice to the UFC at the moment regardless of whether someone loves or hates him.

Just now, sobercuban said:

Bisping
Chael 
Weidcan
Bork Lesnar
McGregor

off the top of my head

Chael's a tough one for me, it's like I like him but sometimes when watching his video's I find him a little too, whats the word, you know like a know it all (but not that cause he does know his sh!t haha), it's hard to explain cause he talks a lot of sense but I much prefer listening to Dan Hardy or something as he comes across like he listens to you too if that makes sense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

Chael's a tough one for me, it's like I like him but sometimes when watching his video's I find him a little too, whats the word, you know like a know it all (but not that cause he does know his sh!t haha), it's hard to explain cause he talks a lot of sense but I much prefer listening to Dan Hardy or something as he comes across like he listens to you too if that makes sense. 

Yeah I think if I followed Chael more closely I'd get tired of his schtick.  

• Like 1

Just now, sobercuban said:

Yeah I think if I followed Chael more closely I'd get tired of his schtick.  

Yeah, it's like he's a bit too strong in his opinions or something how he talks, he's probably not and it probably just is the way he comes across as he's a good dude but when you listen to Dan Hardy doing his Inside The Octagon for example, it's much better and he listens to the people he's presenting with and the fans too who interact with him on things and that's what I like.

I mean, it's all opinion and subjective most of it, just these guys do have a better knowledge in a way cause they've trained and been in the octagon so they have that true perspective but at the same time fans are often right too over many things they might not be. I remember Dan Hardy backing Conor in the Khabib thing and I was like nah, but he's very humble about these things and I like that.

He's much better now and cleared with his heart thing so I think he wants to fight again soon, will have to see I guess. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wickles82 said:

I’m gonna throw my money in

DC.. Didn’t take to him. Then, after the second Bones loss, I warmed to him

Then he pulled that Brock BS and Now i don’t like him again

Is he like marmite for you haha 

5 hours ago, skillandpower said:

I hated Weidman at first but then he started to get so beat up and smashed that I felt sorry for the guy and now I kinda like him

lol

Negative.

You wagon hopped before the Rocksalt fight and then pretended that it never happened, m8. Don't make me dig up the thread and expose you.

• Haha 1

I'm a fan of Bisping the podcaster now that he's retired. I thought he was a twat when he was fighting.

• Like 1

Pettis for me, he’s my homies favorite and I used to rip him constantly.  Over the last 2 years I’ve become a big fan.  When he said fook the belt he just wants to put on a show I didn’t believe him, he changed my opinion rather quickly with his last few fights.

Bisbing.  Will never be my fave but I truly do respect what he’s done in the UFC.

Id say Weidman but he’s still a bish and always will be.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 12er© said:

Negative.

You wagon hopped before the Rocksalt fight and then pretended that it never happened, m8. Don't make me dig up the thread and expose you.

No need to expose me m8.

Lets pretend this never happened lol

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 2:18 PM, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

It seems like Bisping grew on a lot of people didn't he?

I didn't like him much until that last minute fight against Cuckhold.  That azz beating was especially sweet.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

At one point I didn't really like Max but now Blessed is one of my favorite fighters 

He seems like a cool dude and he's definitely a banger in the cage. There's no reason for anyone to hate on the guy.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

At one point I didn't really like Max but now Blessed is one of my favorite fighters 

I've always found Max quite likeable but he's definitely grown on me over time too. Max is the kind guy everyone likes, you can't not really, it's like Cowboy, Lawler etc... you've just gotta like them really haha

Edited by Welcome_to_Moe's

3 hours ago, 12er© said:

He seems like a cool dude and he's definitely a banger in the cage. There's no reason for anyone to hate on the guy.

Yea I dont even know why I didnt like him... honestly I feel like I just liked alot of the fighters her beat 

On 4/9/2019 at 5:50 AM, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

There's a lot of UFC fighters I really like, Al, Gaethje, Max, Cub, Smith, Gus etc.. I could go on and of course there's some I just can't take to at all (Edwards, Colby) but of course fighters can win you over so I was wondering is there any UFC fighters you really didn't like that grew on you over time and you became a fan of?

No.  I never change my mind about anything.  It doesn't matter if my initial impression was based on a knee-jerk reaction or if new information comes out which would influence the opinion of a rational person.  I don't change, I don't think, I don't evolve over time, I never draw new conclusions.  I'm just like everybody else.  

Anyone who uses logic or reasoning is fickle and anyone who is capable of abstract thought or has ever sought a different perspective so that their world doesn't remain simple and small is less of a man.

15 minutes ago, Megasoup said:

No.  I never change my mind about anything.  It doesn't matter if my initial impression was based on a knee-jerk reaction or if new information comes out which would influence the opinion of a rational person.  I don't change, I don't think, I don't evolve over time, I never draw new conclusions.  I'm just like everybody else.  

Anyone who uses logic or reasoning is fickle and anyone who is capable of abstract thought or has ever sought a different perspective so that their world doesn't remain simple and small is less of a man.

Damm lol

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

Damm lol

Well, the question this thread asks is monumentally stupid.   Has anyone ever changed their mind about something?  Um...how little life experience must someone have to ask a question like that?

• Like 1

Yea Conor would be the best example for me. At first I found him annoying. But Leading up to the Poirior fight I watched alot of his old interviews an I starting to come around, he was one of my favorite fighters at one point. Now he is disappointing and hard to be a fan of

14 minutes ago, Taylor_Schonerstedt said:

Yea Conor would be the best example for me. At first I found him annoying. But Leading up to the Poirior fight I watched alot of his old interviews an I starting to come around, he was one of my favorite fighters at one point. Now he is disappointing and hard to be a fan of

lol i appreciated him at first until he started running his mouth, started al that WWE bs and acted he was bigger as the company. he also made other fighters act like ****bags because of this and spreaded this virus (his antics) like a plague within the UFC 

• Like 1

Hated on Jones for YEARS and now acknowledge him as the GOAT and am a huge fan.  

@haters 

7LxyeF8.gif.b53e79e8198fb3e70835efae1986b42e.gif.75952c8f1dc5e20ee8a2d418fbf53be1.gif

42 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Hated on Jones for YEARS and now acknowledge him as the GOAT and am a huge fan.  

@haters 

7LxyeF8.gif.b53e79e8198fb3e70835efae1986b42e.gif.75952c8f1dc5e20ee8a2d418fbf53be1.gif

never liked him.. even since jungle fights 

i do value his skills and that he's not giving a fook 

On 4/9/2019 at 6:29 PM, skillandpower said:

lol

Same boat as me. I was saltier than Salar de Uyuni after what he did to Anderson lol

• Haha 1