Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Tony Ferguson calls for Khabib Nurmagomedov fight following cleared medical testings

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/tony-ferguson-calls-for-khabib-nurmagomedov-fight-following-cleared-medical-testings/

Tony-Ferguson-Khabib-Nurmagomedov

For years now, there have been two consensus top 155-pound lightweight fighters on the planet. One of those men being none other than ‘El Cucuy,’ The Ultimate Fighter season 13 winner, Tony Ferguson.

With only a single loss in his UFC career, Ferguson has gone on to win 11 consecutive fights since then and done so all in thrilling fashion.

Having won an interim title along the way, Ferguson has also been set to face off with his fellow top lightweight, the current champion, Khabib Nurmagomedov on four separate occasions now. Each time having a different injury setting the meeting back.

After returning in October 2018 with a win over former champion, Anthony Pettis, Ferguson was looking to be lined up to finally fight Nurmagomedov. Unfortunately, the Russian would be suspended for his post-fight actions following his last bout while Ferguson would recently go through some personal struggles of his own.

Having sought help since then, Ferguson recently revealed that he has passed his medical testings and wants to make the fight that the fans have been wanting for years now

“Passed my Med Eval last week. I’m excited about retaining my ufc Lightweight Status that was stripped due to injury. Khabib not actively competing over some time should be stripped. A high Rank title fight/superfight between @TeamKhabib & I is what the fans want #defendorvacate” Ferguson tweeted.

Do you think they should book Khabib vs. Ferguson for the fifth time?

2 minutes ago, King_Can said:

It’s the fight to make. 

Force Conor to fight gaethje

I kinda hope they give Justin the winner of Cowboy vs. Raging Al

Yeah, I saw him tweeting about this to Conor the other day, it's not at the top of my list (the Conor fight I mean) to be honest but if it was to happen it would be great.

To be fair, there's a few people Conor needs to fight but he never does so it's pointless really, he's just gonna fight who he wants to fight and it's probably going to be Khabib as he clearly wants that loss fixing. 

In regards to Tony and Khabib, why not but Khabib's probably not going to be able to ignore Conor so looks like that will have to go ahead first before anyone gets Khabib (or Conor for that matter).

Edited by Welcome_to_Moe's
Typo

2 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

If Tony can kick the chit out of a fireplace, he can definitely handle a leg humper.

Dude couldn't even handle walking.

lol at fighters calling out other dudes that arent even allowed to fight just to try to gain some publicity and sound hard. sure i'd agree that he's probably next in line to get beat down by the great khabib. he's earned it. but if he wants to talk chit like he's ready to go,  then he should take a fight with somebody else while he waits for the great khabibs suspension to be lifted.

i mean if he's quite confident he can hang and bang with the lightweight champion of the world whos got a perfect 27-0 record and just took conor mcnuggets soul and is now living in his head and in his twitter feed rent-free, then he shouldnt have a problem making short work of just about everybody else in the division,  so whats he got to lose right?  take a practice fight to get you tuned up. being active might actually give you an advantage over your opponent who has been sitting out for a while, unless of course you're name is Georges St. Pierre because that dude could sit on the couch for a decade and still come back to destroy your favorite fighters.

take a fight. dont just sit there with your thumb up your **** while you wait until october hoping that you can book this fight for the fifth time after unceremoniously pulling out of it the last time.

Edited by -idyb-

if tony pulls out of the great khabib fight, then make him fight conor or trade him to One FC, and then have the winner of DP vs Max fight the great khabib for the belt

Edited by -idyb-

gaethje pressure would have conor diving at ankles with his neck on display in round 1, hoping he gets choked out again

Edited by PunchBag

Conor faces the winner of this weekend over the summer and the winner of that can fight the winner of Khabib vs Tony early next year.

• Like 3

"passed med eval" lmao with what doctor HIS?Even if it was a UFC doctor they are not legit either,they just say every fighter is ok,your good to go and Dana slips them a few bills.

The guy wears sunglasses 24/7 he is NOT alright upstairs.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PATSTER said:

Conor faces the winner of this weekend over the summer and the winner of that can fight the winner of Khabib vs Tony early next year.

No no no....

Conor needs a few fights before he's in the mix again. Should probably go after a NR guy in the Pre-lims of a Fight Night event. If he get's the win? Then maybe a top 10 fighter. 

1 hour ago, pound4poundG said:

conors striking compared to Gaethjes striking is light years apart.

They're even further apart in toughness. Gaethje can eat those shots from Conor all day. Conor would shoot for the ankles after one punch from Gaethje. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, pound4poundG said:

if the fight happens (Conor v Gaethje) i will put 1000 pounds on conor to win by KO and i will post the bet slip on here and if i dont im a coward.

@cashflow finna see and raise that with his boy JG

• Like 1

I'd like to see Canor vs Pettlifts tbh honest.  I got Anthony by TKO

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

They're even further apart in toughness. Gaethje can eat those shots from Conor all day. Conor would shoot for the ankles after one punch from Gaethje. 

yeh like any other fighter has been able to eat conors shots? name me one? And dont say Nate Diaz at Light heavy weight or Khabib because he is the GOAT. i can name you 5 that have been able to eat Gaethjes punhces. Them looping punches that Gaethje throws while off balance wouldnt even come close to landing on Connor. Connor would lay him flat before he even got into range. 

Edited by pound4poundG

What i find funny is how quickly some people who know very little about MMA are so quick at getting on and off the hype train. Now that Gaethje gets a couple of decent wins hes the next big thing apparently and now that Connor has a loss them same people think hes done. They need to realise that just because Connor lost to Khabib that dosent mean sh**. Connor is still way way way above everyone else in the division not name Khabib.

46 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

I'd like to see Canor vs Pettlifts tbh honest.  I got Anthony by TKO

lol I would like this post but there's literally ZERO chance Conor lets himself get finished by strikes unless he's one strike KOed.  He'd dive at ankles, get swept, mounted, turn and Anthony would be under strict orders to not pound him out.  Just take the neck and we can keep acting like Conor McGregor is the greatest striker/boxer in MMA.  Masvidal would kill that man in a middleweight boxing match and Conor was talking chit about Canelo.  lol his head would get knocked clean off his shoulders in the first exchange if he were fighting Gennady and that statement still stands under MMA rules.  Hell he might get killed.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, pound4poundG said:

yeh like any other fighter has been able to eat conors shots? name me one? And dont say Nate Diaz at Light heavy weight or Khabib because he is the GOAT. i can name you 5 that have been able to eat Gaethjes punhces. Them looping punches that Gaethje throws while off balance wouldnt even come close to landing on Connor. Connor would lay him flat before he even got into range. 

It's *Conor, you dip****. Jesus ****ing Christ, at least spell his name right if you insist on riding his nuts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

lol I would like this post but there's literally ZERO chance Conor lets himself get finished by strikes unless he's one strike KOed.  He'd dive at ankles, get swept, mounted, turn and Anthony would be under strict orders to not pound him out.  Just take the neck and we can keep acting like Conor McGregor is the greatest striker/boxer in MMA.  Masvidal would kill that man in a middleweight boxing match and Conor was talking chit about Canelo.  lol his head would get knocked clean off his shoulders in the first exchange if he were fighting Gennady and that statement still stands under MMA rules.  Hell he might get killed.

I smell a second Wheaties box appearance shortly after he strangles McGregor. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, pound4poundG said:

What i find funny is how quickly some people who know very little about MMA are so quick at getting on and off the hype train. Now that Gaethje gets a couple of decent wins hes the next big thing apparently and now that Connor has a loss them same people think hes done. 

^^He was in WSOF when I made that thread, dip****.

I went to the McGregor vs. Siver fight before Conor was champion, dip****. 

Don't act like you're the only guy on the planet that watches fighting.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, pound4poundG said:

What i find funny is how quickly some people who know very little about MMA are so quick at getting on and off the hype train. Now that Gaethje gets a couple of decent wins hes the next big thing apparently and now that Connor has a loss them same people think hes done. They need to realise that just because Connor lost to Khabib that dosent mean sh**. Connor is still way way way above everyone else in the division not name Khabib.

You're an idiot.  Conor is worth 100 million dollars and he's a coked up alcoholic.  He'd probably drop Tony Ferguson 7 times and still end up getting choked out.

Max Holloway is fighting in that division Saturday night and he's no longer a 20 year old kid.  Conor better hope that knockout comes in the first 8 minutes otherwise it's going to be a f*cked up night for him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

^^He was in WSOF when I made that thread, dip****.

I went to the McGregor vs. Siver fight before Conor was champion, dip****. 

Don't act like you're the only guy on the planet that watches fighting.

You went to that show? I would have went if it was Showtime vs Siver instead

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, PATSTER said:

You went to that show? I would have went if it was Showtime vs Siver instead

Show was actually pretty cheap. And we hit a Celtics game, an Islanders game, and a Knicks game all on the same trip.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Show was actually pretty cheap. 

Conor not a draw confirmed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

You're an idiot.  Conor is worth 100 million dollars and he's a coked up alcoholic.  He'd probably drop Tony Ferguson 7 times and still end up getting choked out.

Max Holloway is fighting in that division Saturday night and he's no longer a 20 year old kid.  Conor better hope that knockout comes in the first 8 minutes otherwise it's going to be a f*cked up night for him.

2 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Conor would try to lay and pray again

• Like 1

Only way Ferguson passed the Evaluation is if Eddie Bravo is his doctor

Edited by PunchBag

5 minutes ago, T.B.E said:

El Cucuy finna leave a stain all over Rugbib

not if putin activates that chip in his leg

3 hours ago, PunchBag said:

not if putin activates that chip in his leg

Imagine if Putin activates the chip in Khabib's butthole at the same time.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 7:13 AM, pound4poundG said:

Lol, says name one and then names two himself.

Add Max and we are at 3

Money equals 4

Gaethje has spent his entire career fighting normal sized men while Conor cut an extreme amount of weight to fight midgets. Gaethje still has a similar knockout ratio.