Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
brunofr418

Is Kelvin Vs. Izzy Closer Than People Think?

Recommended Posts

I'm sure you guys know Stylebender and Kelvin are fighting this weekend for the interim Mw belt. I'm curious to see what you guys think. I've only seen a handful of posts about this fight and most of them seem to heavily favor Izzy. However, I think Kelvin presents the greatest threat for Stylebender, at least out of all the opponents he's faced so far. He's got good boxing, counter boxing, and wrestling. i'm a huge fan of both of these guys so i honestly can't make a pick here. what do you guys think?  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly yeah, I was watching UFC Now last night and they were talking about this and saying pretty much what you're saying here too about Gastelum, Alan Jouban also made some great points about when the main event was taken away from him how hard that must have been cause not only are you sat watching someone else take your spot and main event you've been training for so long for it, travelled to the city for the fight and then find out on the day it's not happening but they were talking about this on UFC Now too with Gastelum how he's often written off and underrated too much simply because he's not so tall or has the look etc.. and has probably had this all his life, they spoke about his quote here too:

Quote

His striking is another level,
I’ve heard this before…
He’s too good,
I’ve been heard this before…
He’s got too many weapons,
I’ve heard this before…
He has a massive reach advantage,
I’ve heard this before…
He’s the next Anderson Silva,
I’ve heard this before… I’ve been here before… he’s going to get smoked , he’s so much shorter , he doesn’t have the gentetics,
I’ve been here before… I’ve heard this before…

 Honestly, I favour Izzy also by a mile but I don't think it's a walk in the park for him and I don't think Gastelum should be written off, at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BarbaricBob said:

Adesanya literally ran from a senior citizen in his last fight. Why that would impress anyone is beyond me.

Honestly, I think that fight phased him and was hard for him simply due to how much he looked up to Silva, I know it's not supposed to be something that affects you in the octagon but I think the majority of people would be the same in that situation, we say we won't but we will, it's hard to hit the dude you absolutely admire it's like beating your trainer up or something.

I honestly wouldn't take any of that in regards to Israel, he won the fight and I think that's all he wanted to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brunofr418 said:

I'm sure you guys know Stylebender and Kelvin are fighting this weekend for the interim Mw belt. I'm curious to see what you guys think. I've only seen a handful of posts about this fight and most of them seem to heavily favor Izzy. However, I think Kelvin presents the greatest threat for Stylebender, at least out of all the opponents he's faced so far. He's got good boxing, counter boxing, and wrestling. i'm a huge fan of both of these guys so i honestly can't make a pick here. what do you guys think?  

did you forget to change screen names lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The size difference is pretty extreme. I like Kelvin, but he is going to have his work cut out trying to land on someone so long and who runs away.

kelvin-gastelum-israel-adesanya-ufc-236-

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dark_Horse said:

Kelvin bangs him tf out. Said it all along.

very possible...he almost KO'd weidman and hes about as tall as adesanya....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BarbaricBob said:

Adesanya literally ran from a senior citizen in his last fight. Why that would impress anyone is beyond me.

Old Andy is still very dangerous in my opinion. He knew he wasnt dealing with an average senior citizen m8

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

Izzy will cruise a very boring UD.

He will keep Kelvin at bay but wont do much either.

I just cant see Kelvin doing anything on Izzy

Kind of the same, though I do reckon Izzy will get some good attacks and push forward with pressure on Gastelum at times.

Will have to see but pretty much agree with your sentiment. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cashfl0w said:

Adesanya already beat Andy and Brunson, who are both better than Kelvin. lol

He didn't beat Brunson bro

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

he didnt what?

 

7 minutes ago, PATSTER said:

He didn't beat Brunson bro

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, PATSTER said:

He didn't beat Brunson bro

nah ur right he didn't beat him. he starched that mother ****er

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

nah ur right he didn't beat him. he starched that mother ****er

Starched?

Yeah ok Rogan

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, PATSTER said:

Starched?

Yeah ok Rogan

denied every takedown and slept the man inside of one. dont see what the problem is 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

denied every takedown and slept the man inside of one. dont see what the problem is 

Casual confirmed

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Kelvin catches him (as in catches a guy who is running away) Kelvin wins....otherwise he loses by decision.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah Kelvin is legit,his only issues have been weight cuts that burnt him out before he got into the ring.If he enters the ring healthy,100% he is legit.The other guy is just a real good weight cheat,he has to be well over 200 at that size 6'8 it is insane to think he can make 185.

A.Silva used to walk around 223 and made 185 but his legs were too skinny,he SNAPPED his leg in half,terrible to watch and he is not 6'8.So imagine what would happen to Israel's legs at 6'8,If Kelvin knows how to deliver kicks the people in the front row might think someone just ordered some chicken wings....HEY can i get a beer and some more hot sauce for these wings !!

Man i cannot believe he makes 185,i hope nobody  breathes on him before he steps on the scales he might fold in half.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, zaksame said:

Oh yeah Kelvin is legit,his only issues have been weight cuts that burnt him out before he got into the ring.If he enters the ring healthy,100% he is legit.The other guy is just a real good weight cheat,he has to be well over 200 at that size 6'8 it is insane to think he can make 185.

A.Silva used to walk around 223 and made 185 but his legs were too skinny,he SNAPPED his leg in half,terrible to watch and he is not 6'8.So imagine what would happen to Israel's legs at 6'8,If Kelvin knows how to deliver kicks the people in the front row might think someone just ordered some chicken wings....HEY can i get a beer and some more hot sauce for these wings !!

Man i cannot believe he makes 185,i hope nobody  breathes on him before he steps on the scales he might fold in half.

Lol, he's not 6'8"

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The odds are only -170, so way to go out on a limb there pal

 

The answer though is that people think this is too close. Kelvin has every physical disadvantage and can’t take Israel to the ground. Israel works him and KOs Kelvin with a knee

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Israel can't box with Kelvin

Dude's getting body bagged 

He can fight Weidman on the prelims after

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 9:29 PM, zaksame said:

Oh yeah Kelvin is legit,his only issues have been weight cuts that burnt him out before he got into the ring.If he enters the ring healthy,100% he is legit.The other guy is just a real good weight cheat,he has to be well over 200 at that size 6'8 it is insane to think he can make 185.

A.Silva used to walk around 223 and made 185 but his legs were too skinny,he SNAPPED his leg in half,terrible to watch and he is not 6'8.So imagine what would happen to Israel's legs at 6'8,If Kelvin knows how to deliver kicks the people in the front row might think someone just ordered some chicken wings....HEY can i get a beer and some more hot sauce for these wings !!

Man i cannot believe he makes 185,i hope nobody  breathes on him before he steps on the scales he might fold in half.

Legitimately a good post from king zak

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2019 at 2:29 AM, zaksame said:

Oh yeah Kelvin is legit,his only issues have been weight cuts that burnt him out before he got into the ring.If he enters the ring healthy,100% he is legit.The other guy is just a real good weight cheat,he has to be well over 200 at that size 6'8 it is insane to think he can make 185.

A.Silva used to walk around 223 and made 185 but his legs were too skinny,he SNAPPED his leg in half,terrible to watch and he is not 6'8.So imagine what would happen to Israel's legs at 6'8,If Kelvin knows how to deliver kicks the people in the front row might think someone just ordered some chicken wings....HEY can i get a beer and some more hot sauce for these wings !!

Man i cannot believe he makes 185,i hope nobody  breathes on him before he steps on the scales he might fold in half.

He's 6ft 3 lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kelvin has the most overrated boxing at MW. He's basic as fook. Izzy has a huge reach advantage, especially when lunging. Very similar to Rob in that respect.  Izzy and Rob both walk right through him with ease

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Kelvin has the most overrated boxing at MW. He's basic as fook. Izzy has a huge reach advantage, especially when lunging. Very similar to Rob in that respect.  Izzy and Rob both walk right through him with ease

I actually think Kelvin has a better shot than Robert (yolo punch or yolo back take in a scramble), but they are both absolutely fooked against Izzy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LayDownDead said:

I actually think Kelvin has a better shot than Robert (yolo punch or yolo back take in a scramble), but they are both absolutely fooked against Izzy

Unfortunately Rob's had some time between fights so people are back to underestimating him. Izzy has had his chin absolutely out cold decimated and still despite his wins is relatively inexperienced with MMA striking,  which is Robs specialty,  I think Rob has a better fight IQ. I think Rob catches his chin then blitzes him puts him away.  At least in the first fight,  Izzy will get the belt eventually, maybe in a rematch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OzStraya said:

Unfortunately Rob's had some time between fights so people are back to underestimating him. Izzy has had his chin absolutely out cold decimated and still despite his wins is relatively inexperienced with MMA striking,  which is Robs specialty,  I think Rob has a better fight IQ. I think Rob catches his chin then blitzes him puts him away.  At least in the first fight,  Izzy will get the belt eventually, maybe in a rematch. 

I think people underestimate him because he fights once every few years. It's hard to remember if he's good or not.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

He should be a heavyweight if he's in the heavyweight weight class. 

No Moe, I think the word you're looking for is "would". 

He should be a Heavyweight because he's 6'8 and a string bean.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PATSTER said:

No Moe, I think the word you're looking for is "would". 

He should be a Heavyweight because he's 6'8 and a string bean.

How many times, he's 6'3, @juice64011has just told you that too, so why you keep adding statistics on him?

He also shouldn't be in heavyweight unless he falls into the heavyweight class, you know, with his weight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

He's 1.93 M (about 6'3/6'4 or something) is Izzy :)

 

33 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Izzy is about 6'7. I'm 6'8,  I've got him by an at least an inch.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kelvin has a proven track record against black fighters who throw spinning chit.

Izzy has no pedigree against fat Mexicans to speak of. 

Gastelum takes this one comfortably. He's a much more well rounded fighter. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

I think people underestimate him because he fights once every few years. It's hard to remember if he's good or not.

Which is fair enough. But when you look back,  he won 6/10 rounds against fooking Romero and ko'd Jacare and Brunson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×