Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Do You Think We See TJ Return To The UFC?

TJ Dillashaw Future  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Think TJ Can Come Back To The UFC At A High Level?

• Yes?
    • No?
  2. 2. Do You See TJ Returning After His Suspension And Regaining The Belt?

• Yes?
    • No?

TJ Dillashaw

Last month, we learned that former UFC bantamweight champion TJ Dillashaw had failed an in-competition drug test and now we know he failed for EPO and has been handed a two year suspension retroactive to January 18, 2019.

So the former two time champ will not be able to compete till at least January 18th, 2021 by which time TJ will be less than a month away from his 36th birthday. That got me thinking on how likely will it be that we ever see TJ return to the octagon?

As of this moment their have only ever been four UFC Bantamweight champions (with a new fifth champion to be crowned on June 8th).

• Cruz won it at 25 years 9 months old then again at 30 years and 10 months old. 
  • Dillashaw won it at 28 years 10 months old then again at 31 years and 8 months old.
  • Garbrandt won it at 25 years 9 months old. 
  • Barao won it at 26 years 11 months old. 

If Dillashaw does make a return after his suspension he will be trying to become the oldest champion in Bantamweight history. 

Do you think we see TJ return? 

Or is he done for good?

I think so, as long as he keeps enthusiastic over time to do so then yeah! I mean he's going to have two years out so he will need to do something and might put his interests elsewhere though if he sticks with his training and is determined to come back then I can absolutely see it happening. He also might want to come back and win more because he'll want to show people he can legitimately win a title, anything he's won before whether he cheated or not has been ruined cause people will always have their doubts if he legitimately won at whatever moment in time which will be frustrating for him, specially if he knows certain wins weren't with all this.

It all depends how it goes I guess, hard to say whether he'll win a title or do well because there will be a whole new lot of talent around by that point too. 

I think he will be back to the UFC. I think any fighter with the least pride would come back after being caught cheating so he can 'prove different' (which I dont believe it).

However, I dont think he will be the champ while Moraes is in that division, period.

Im definitely curious to watch how he will perform when he comes back .. he should fight Barao lol 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

I think he will be back to the UFC. I think any fighter with the least pride would come back after being caught cheating so he can 'prove different' (which I dont believe it).

However, I dont think he will be the champ while Moraes is in that division, period.

Im definitely curious to watch how he will perform when he comes back .. he should fight Barao lol 

That's the thing though, in two years time a lot of fighters would have probably come and gone by that point so it could be quite different when he comes back. It will be interesting to see either way but I have no idea what the division will look like come that point and what the competition for him will be. 

Plus, how good will he be after the time out too is another question. 

1 hour ago, wickles82 said:

His contract will be null and void, so I reckon it will dependon how the division is doing, when his ban expires.

That's even if, there is a BW division in 2 years??

You sure that's the case doesn't seem like something the UFC would do? 

If that was the case he could just say FU to the UFC & athletic commissions and go fight in Rizin.

43 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

You sure that's the case doesn't seem like something the UFC would do? 

If that was the case he could just say FU to the UFC & athletic commissions and go fight in Rizin.

I'd be confused if there wasn't a clause in the fighters contracts, over certain drugs or situations. 

And like the cooling off period in the renewal phase, I'd think there's also a buffer zone, where fighters, can't bugger off to the East

22 hours ago, stehilton94 said:

He will be back in the UFC, the UFC always take back those who pop, especially those who pop while on top

Pop?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stehilton94 said:

Pop for Steroids, how have you not heard of that before?

Why not just say "test positive"

• Like 1

He is donezo. He might come back for a superfight with Faber and he will get dropped and his neck ripped clean off by a guillotine. That or he might come back as an all natural string bean like he was before the drugs and continue to get knocked dead by flyweights.

• Like 2

i think they test past samples, and whether they say or not, it will all be loaded with ped's. he'll be in bellator or one soon. 

In hindsight it was pretty sketchy how quickly he improved after TUF. He knows he has to return or his entire career gets written off. Unfortunately post roid TJ is likely to get slept even worse.