Sign in to follow this  
Welcome_to_Moe's

Smith vs Rockhold needs to happen (Video inside)

1 minute ago, PunchBag said:

Would love to see this fight

Same, Smith is usually quite chill so to see him pissed like that I reckon he'd really go in there on Rockhold. 

It should be a really good fight and needs to be booked, sure we've got this Gus and Smith fight coming up but regardless of that we need to see Smith vs Rockhold, doesn't matter who wins out of Smith and Gus it needs to happen lol 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, King_Can said:

If it happens let me know the results bc I won’t toon in 

cause u a casual

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Megasoup said:

I'd bet the cardboard box on Rockhold.

That could get you a few feet of packing tape! Take that show on the road!!  

• Like 2

I will interested to watch Rockhold fight anyone at 205 not just Smith ... Rockhold vs Glover, Reyes, Gus, Santos, Walker, etc .. All sound good to me.

• Like 2

Smith is one of those guys who constantly gets underrated, I can understand in a way but also part of me finds that a little baffling as like he was saying in the press conference he's up there among the best and when Gus was talking about if he can't beat Smith he's going to reconsider if he's still got it which Gus mentioned he wants to fight Smith cause he wants to beat the best and this is the test for him I do feel is very valid.

Sure people can have different views in regards to the Jones fight but we can have that with any fighter really and Gus' second performance against Jones has also been knocked at times too, it's just they're fighting Jon Jones so he's going to make these fighters look the way they are. 

I dunno, see how it goes between Smith and Gus, I do feel it could go either way and Gus might get it but I would like to see Smith win this (I like both guys) but if Smith is to go up against Rockhold he seems to have that extra fire which is maybe something Smith needs as he is pretty laid back more times than not, hence why this fight also would be great.

I feel it needs to happen, we need to see Smith in a fight like this and I hope they book it soon. 

Moe has made more Anthony Smith threads in the last month than times he's even been brought up on here in the last 10 years

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PATSTER said:

Moe has made more Anthony Smith threads in the last month than times he's even been brought up on here in the last 10 years

You need to do better than this, if you're going to try make something up at least make it look like it can be backed up. I'm sure a simple search will tell you this is a silly thing to say. 

Edited by Welcome_to_Moe's

11 hours ago, skillandpower said:

And why would Rockhold would want to fight this can anyways ?

I think even Dana would want Luke to fight someone else anyways.

he doesnt because he doesn't want to lose

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PunchBag said:

Smith certainly has the power to stop rockhold

If Bisping can bang cuckold tf out, so can 99% of the entire roster,  wammen included.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dark_Horse said:

If Bisping can bang cuckold tf out, so can 99% of the entire roster,  wammen included.

Are you sure about this?  Israel Adesanya is currently being highly regarded by a lot of people because he came out on top of a very close fight with Anderson Silva.   Keep in mind Bisping won a decision over Anderson Silva, a version which was 3 years younger than the one Israel fought (in sports, the difference between 40 and 43 is vast.)

8 minutes ago, Megasoup said:

Are you sure about this?  Israel Adesanya is currently being highly regarded by a lot of people because he came out on top of a very close fight with Anderson Silva.   Keep in mind Bisping won a decision over Anderson Silva, a version which was 3 years younger than the one Israel fought (in sports, the difference between 40 and 43 is vast.)

I always thought Israel Adesanya was highly regarded before the Silva fight, to be honest all I've heard from that is he could have performed better in that fight along with the discussion on how it must be hard to fight someone you idolise so much (it's easy for us to say switch off but completely different when you're actually in there in that position). The Anderson Silva fight I've heard Izzy criticised over a lot, probably more so than anything else really. 

I dunno, just the vibe I've got really from all that. 

1 minute ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

I always thought Israel Adesanya was highly regarded before the Silva fight, to be honest all I've heard from that is he could have performed better in that fight along with the discussion on how it must be hard to fight someone you idolise so much (it's easy for us to say switch off but completely different when you're actually in there in that position). The Anderson Silva fight I've heard Izzy criticised over a lot, probably more so than anything else really. 

I dunno, just the vibe I've got really from all that. 

I don't usually buy that line about how hard it is to fight an idol.  Here's my example, but it's obviously going to be on a much smaller scale. 

Anytime I was ever in a gym, back in the day sparring or these days doing rolling, if I had a lot of respect for someone, I would bring my best.  Why would I want someone I respect to think I suck?  I will only toy with someone who I think sucks.  I don't have any examples of how I was fighting people I knew at live events, because anyone I ever fought was a stranger to me (except for twice.  Neither of those examples wouldn't fit, though.)  Likewise, I notice (just as I used to notice) that people who look up to me try to kill me, so it's not just me who thinks that way.  

Are some people different than me?  Of course.  I still don't buy it in this case.   Adesanya didn't smoke Silva because couldn't.  Silva is still a phenomenal fighter.  

1 minute ago, Megasoup said:

I don't usually buy that line about how hard it is to fight an idol.  Here's my example, but it's obviously going to be on a much smaller scale. 

Anytime I was ever in a gym, back in the day sparring or these days doing rolling, if I had a lot of respect for someone, I would bring my best.  Why would I want someone I respect to think I suck?  I will only toy with someone who I think sucks.  I don't have any examples of how I was fighting people I knew at live events, because anyone I ever fought was a stranger to me (except for twice.  Neither of those examples wouldn't fit, though.)  Likewise, I notice (just as I used to notice) that people who look up to me try to kill me, so it's not just me who thinks that way.  

Are some people different than me?  Of course.  I still don't buy it in this case.   Adesanya didn't smoke Silva because couldn't.  Silva is still a phenomenal fighter.  

I disagree, of course like you say we're all different but I do feel Izzy held back in that fight, it's like you don't want to punch your idol in the face, it's like your trainer or something or even like a brother where it's just hard, sure we can say you should switch off but that's easy to say and I don't think I could do it either to be honest.

I was watching UFC Now this week and Alan Jouban was talking about the same thing saying how he's glad he hasn't been in that position cause he really couldn't do it, that perspective you mention which you have is really good however as I couldn't do it, Alan Jouban couldn't do it and I do feel it had some affect on Izzy too during that fight it also shows that a lot of people do feel that way too.

It's not a case of defending a favourite or anything like that (I know you never said that I just mean in general) but I do feel that it absolutely played a part in that fight, I find it hard to not to be honest.

Izzy looked like he was holding back quite a lot in that fight to be honest and the passion at the end as soon as the fight was over was also very telling. 

8 hours ago, Megasoup said:

Anderson knocked him out in the third round. Herb Dean ruined that fight, and then the judges did what they do in England.

13 hours ago, PATSTER said:

Fact. He's the only guy that cares about Al Iaquinta too. And Arnold Allen. And a bunch of other randoms.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cashfl0w said:

Fact. He's the only guy that cares about Al Iaquinta too. And Arnold Allen. And a bunch of other randoms.

He cares about Arnold Allen? Lol

He said that he thought Smith had a good chance at beating Jones which was pretty cringe.

• Like 1

Anthony Smith has like 15 losses. That dude could bring a couple friends to help him and still get his **** kicked by Jones.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

I'm a Al fan m8

• Like 2

5 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I'm a Al fan m8

If he didn't win one more round than the guy who always calls out Khabib, you probably wouldn't care if he lived or died. Which is fair, because there's a ton of decision machines on the roster with no fans. lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Arnold Allen? Not really, cause I've said once or twice he's an alright dude, you take that as being a big fan of him or something?

Also in regards to Smith threads, I've made two that mention him, so not fact at all! There's loads of Smith threads by loads of people so far from fact.

However even if I did do a few Smith threads, and? 

6 hours ago, PATSTER said:

He cares about Arnold Allen? Lol

He said that he thought Smith had a good chance at beating Jones which was pretty cringe.

It's easy to say that now the fight has been done, Smith couldn't catch Jones, Jones out worked him, you'll probably say that about any fighter that goes up against Jones. 

1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

If he didn't win one more round than the guy who always calls out Khabib, you probably wouldn't care if he lived or died. Which is fair, because there's a ton of decision machines on the roster with no fans. lol

Why do you hate Al so much? You ALWAYS bring him up and always knock him, you always say this thing about the decisions even though his win record says otherwise.

Not that even decisions are a bad thing, if you win, you win, that's it.

Is it really because Kevin Lee is your dude and he beat him twice (fairly by the way) on decision? That's what people have told me on here a few times you were quite salty about that (I dunno, you tell me?).

35 minutes ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

Arnold Allen? Not really, cause I've said once or twice he's an alright dude, you take that as being a big fan of him or something?

Also in regards to Smith threads, I've made two that mention him, so not fact at all! There's loads of Smith threads by loads of people so far from fact.

It's easy to say that now the fight has been done, Smith couldn't catch Jones, Jones out worked him, you'll probably say that about any fighter that goes up against Jones. 

Why do you hate Al so much? You ALWAYS bring him up and always knock him, you always say this thing about the decisions even though his win record says otherwise.

Is it really because Kevin Lee is your dude and he beat him twice (fairly by the way) on decision? That's what people have told me on here a few times you were quite salty about that (I dunno, you tell me?).

I sure as **** wasn't going to say it about Anthony Smith

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

I mention him because LOL @ caring about a decision machine like Al Iaquinta.

He has ZERO, I reiterate, ZERO, none, no wins by stoppage over anybody worth a damn. Fact. Stop pretending a KO over Diego Sanchez and his one win since 2015 means something. lol

1 minute ago, cashfl0w said:

I mention him because LOL @ caring about a decision machine like Al Iaquinta.

He has ZERO, I reiterate, ZERO, none, no wins by stoppage over anybody worth a damn. Fact. Stop pretending a KO over Diego Sanchez and his one win since 2015 means something. lol

No, you mention him because what people have said to me about the Kevin Lee thing, you bring him up ALL the time even when he's not in the conversation.

Honestly, when people were saying it to me before about you I didn't really think much of it and thought it's probably just something people say in regards to you being salty about Kevin Lee's losses but the fact you constantly bring him up all the time is probably why, he's not even in the conversation but every time you quote me you can't help yourself to start going on about Al, you ALWAYS bring him up. 

It's like I'll be having a conversation with someone and you'll chime in, quote me and start going on about Al Iaquinta every single time. What has Al got to do with Smith at the press conference?

Why do you keep bringing him up all the time? You mention him more than I do and I'm supposed to be the one who's the fan. 

3 minutes ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

No, you mention him because what people have said to me about the Kevin Lee thing, you bring him up ALL the time even when he's not in the conversation.

Honestly, when people were saying it to me before about you I didn't really think much of it and thought it's probably just something people say in regards to you being salty about Kevin Lee's losses but the fact you constantly bring him up all the time is probably why, he's not even in the conversation but every time you quote me you can't help yourself to start going on about Al, you ALWAYS bring him up. 

It's like I'll be having a conversation with someone and you'll chime in, quote me and start going on about Al Iaquinta every single time. What has Al got to do with Smith at the press conference?

Why do you keep bringing him up all the time? You mention him more than I do and I'm supposed to be the one who's the fan. 

Hey stupid, you're the one who keeps mentioning Kevin Lee. I hadn't said his name once.

But when we're LOL'ing about you shilling for cans, its important to note that you shill for Decisionin' Al along with Anthony Smith and all the other cans nobody gives a **** about.

Just now, cashfl0w said:

Hey stupid, you're the one who keeps mentioning Kevin Lee. I hadn't said his name once.

But when we're LOL'ing about you shilling for cans, its important to note that you shill for Decisionin' Al along with Anthony Smith and all the other cans nobody gives a **** about.

And now you're throwing out insults, why are you getting mad all the time? 

You don't hear people knocking you for liking Kevin Lee (or whoever) do you? You always come in and randomly quote me and bring up Al and then try to insult me all the time lol 

Kevin Lee has been mentioned cause it's the reason why you keep digging at Al, I can't see any other reason as to why you would keep on doing that.

This is really down to the fact that you don't like how he beat Kevin Lee like people have said to me, something about how you were mad about it in some thread or something (before I was a member here), it has to be as there's no reason why you would randomly keep quoting someone on a forum and going on about Al Iaquinta all the time (knowing the fact I like him).  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Welcome_to_Moe's said:

And now you're throwing out insults, why are you getting mad all the time? 

You don't hear people knocking you for liking Kevin Lee (or whoever) do you? You always come in and randomly quote me and bring up Al and then try to insult me all the time lol 

Kevin Lee has been mentioned cause it's the reason why you keep digging at Al, I can't see any other reason as to why you would keep on doing that.

This is really down to the fact that you don't like how he beat Kevin Lee like people have said to me, something about how you were mad about it in some thread or something (before I was a member here), it has to be as there's no reason why you would randomly keep quoting someone on a forum and going on about Al Iaquinta all the time (knowing the fact I like him).  

Hey dip****, I'll tell you like I told the other moron who was convinced he was watching fighting before everybody else...

I had an opinion on Al Iaquinta BEFORE you showed up. It turns out, I've been watching this **** as long or longer as most of these people. I'm not enough of a loser or a shill to watch TUF, but I watch the finales. And I watch all of the events. So Al Iaquinta did NOT appear on my radar when he fought Kevin Lee in 2018, moron. I knew he was a can only capable of stopping other major cans long before you showed up.

Again, you shill for cans. I call you on it. That's what we do here. Those are our roles.

29 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Hey dip****, I'll tell you like I told the other moron who was convinced he was watching fighting before everybody else...

I had an opinion on Al Iaquinta BEFORE you showed up. It turns out, I've been watching this **** as long or longer as most of these people. I'm not enough of a loser or a shill to watch TUF, but I watch the finales. And I watch all of the events. So Al Iaquinta did NOT appear on my radar when he fought Kevin Lee in 2018, moron. I knew he was a can only capable of stopping other major cans long before you showed up.

Again, you shill for cans. I call you on it. That's what we do here. Those are our roles.

You're arrogant as f*ck lol 

You don't tell me who I should and shouldn't like and you don't own the place. Again, it's proper funny how you can't help yourself to keep bringing up Al in every single post and how mad you get too, I'm not even talking to you 9 times out of 10 and you jump in, quote me and start going on about Al Iaquinta then get mad and start insulting me lol 

And stop lying, you're mad he beat Kevin Lee, it's obvious otherwise you just wouldn't be bothered enough to keep doing this.

You have a big giant photo of Al Iaquinta in your signature, you goof. He's on the screen in every one of your unnecessarily long, eye-stabbingly awful threads. lol

Don't be mad at facts either. You're a garbage poster. People scroll right by the trash you post. I can post an OP with like five words that'll get more views and likes than anything you've ever put up. Stay mad.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

You have a big giant photo of Al Iaquinta in your signature, you goof. He's on the screen in every one of your unnecessarily long, eye-stabbingly awful threads. lol

Don't be mad at facts either. You're a garbage poster. People scroll right by the trash you post. I can post an OP with like five words that'll get more views and likes than anything you've ever put up. Stay mad.

When you quoted that signature of Al in one of the other posts you brought him up randomly (again) and you said that was the first time you saw it even though it had been there since I joined the forum, so make your mind up.

I'm not mad, you are and it's clear as hell, you just won't leave me alone or stop going on about Al and bringing him up. You follow me round the forum and keep going on about me in other threads, in fact I remember you did this when I first joined and I didn't even have a clue who you were, it's was really random. Every post I make even when I'm not even talking to you or are you even in the conversation you quote me and start banging on about Al Iaquinta. 

I'm calm as hell dude and don't need to give you any insults cause I don't really care enough to feel the need to do that, where as you just get mad and give yourself away, look at the difference between the tone of your posts and mine lol 

Oh and for the record, a lot of people have told me they enjoy my posts and contributions I bring to the forum so I'm going to continue, sorry that bothers you but it's the way it is. 

And why do you keep going on about getting likes and views and how long you've been here or how long you've been watching? Do you honestly care about how many likes you get on a post cause you keep going on about it.

We need to get you a medal, you deserve this!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

I've been an Al fan for a while. It just so happens that I hate nikggers and he beat the most unlikable fighter in the UFC. And lol at the decision machine comment. Your boy is a backpack and decision machine. 

I'm a fan of Al as well. Been a fan of him ever since he said he'd humble the division. He's a gutsy tough MF'er that likes to throw hands.

Ragin' Al/Ragin' Cajuns. His attitude & demeanor is very Cajun like. i.e. he's sorta hot headed & quick to tell it like it is but there is a causal nonchalant to him. 

IDK if that's a long island thing but those NY area people that I've met are all like that. A different breed of tough hard headed, no BS, down to earth people & they remind me a lot of my people down here.  

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

I've been an Al fan for a while. It just so happens that I hate nikggers and he beat the most unlikable fighter in the UFC. And lol at the decision machine comment. Your boy is a backpack and decision machine. 

He keeps going on about this decision thing as if it's something that matters, I mean even if Al had won all his fights by decisions, and? lol

Calling him Decisioning Al like it's supposed to sound good or be an insult or something, it's great he's won some decisions lol

But it holds no ground because his last 6 wins only two were decision and he can try put a spin on it about the opponents if he likes but they're still not all decisions so it still doesn't make any sense.

Yet he'll continue to use it cause he thinks it scores him some points or something, I dunno lol 

He gets so passionately mad too and you can tell because you really wouldn't need to lower yourself to insults and calling people morons, babies, dipsh!ts etc... unless you were genuinely agitated lol 

I don't even know why he hates Al so much anyway, Al's alright lol 

4 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

I'm a fan of Al as well. Been a fan of him ever since he said he'd humble the division. He's a gutsy tough MF'er that likes to throw hands.

Ragin' Al/Ragin' Cajuns. His attitude & demeanor is very Cajun like. i.e. he's sorta hot headed & quick to tell it like it is but there is a causal nonchalant to him. 

IDK if that's a long island thing but those NY area people that I've met are all like that. A different breed of tough hard headed, no BS, down to earth people & they remind me a lot of my people down here.  

Yeah Al's great! It's like if he happens to have some fights and loses, I'm still gonna like Al just as much. I don't score points or get passionate enough when my favourite fighters happen to lose a fight, it's like "Ah ok, hopefully he'll come back and get better from this", I don't get care enough to try to score points or get at people if and when they're favourite fighters lose a fight lol

But yeah, he's had his thing before where he's had the fall out's over contracts and things but he's so laid back now, it's like with all this messing about with the LW division he's been so patient with it all. He agreed to take certain fights they were trying to make which he never really wanted either but knew he had to wait his turn or have these fights in the meantime while others get their shots but then other fighters were messing about or making demands and fair play to them cause some of them paid off but Al was just like "You know what, come to me when you've got a fight and I'll just continue my training and selling houses until you're ready to actually sign a fight for me" and that's what he did. He also had no problem with Max coming in and getting the shot for the interim.

The recent interview with Helwani he was like "So is it mature Al now" and he was like "Nah it's still Raging Al" and just how he's in a better place with the UFC. He knows there's so many broken promises so he just continues his training and makes his money selling houses and then when they've got a fight for him, he delivers and that's all we want and ask for.

Al's a cool dude and he's tough as nails too, he can hold his own in that octagon just like anyone else.