PlatinumClegg

Blessed didn't want that fake Power Ranger belt

I'm gonna have to rewatch the second round. I have it DP 1, 2, and 5 right now but I could see myself changing my mind.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PATSTER said:

I'm gonna have to rewatch the second round. I have it DP 1, 2, and 5 right now but I could see myself changing my mind.

He edged the 2nd IMO but it was close.  Look I like Dustin and have for a very long time.  I'm happy for him just 49-46 across the board is terrible scoring.

Back in the day I always thought it was retarded not to score damage but I accepted that it wasn't part of the criteria.  If it was a 46 year old Dan Henderson would've been MW champ in the rematch with Bisping but if you watch that fight and score it round by round without damage Bisping won.

Max dug deep after getting wobbled 40 times in the 1st round and landed more strikes after a bad 1st.  Yet damage was obviously scored in this fight.  Is that now in the criteria?  I can't keep up with how we are supposed to score fights or even what's legal or illegal because every goddamn event is under different rules it seems.  You got guys landing what would be a legal strikes in a certain state but it's illegal in this state.  The referees are confused themselves so the fighters are in an even worse position.

It was an awesome fight but the ref allowed Dustin to straight up stall twice.  He did nothing in those positions with Max against the cage.

• Like 4

With Khabib saying it was a draw he's agreeing with Max 2, 3, 4 but he's giving Dustin a 10-8 1st.  Which wouldn't be crazy.  The judge that caused McGregor/Diaz 2 to be a majority decision scored round 3 10-8 for Diaz.  That round had a very similar strike ratio in favor of Diaz just like Poirier had over Holloway.

It would be nice to sit these idiots down in an actual classroom so we can score fights the same.  The bulk of these clowns are boxing judges.  Alan Jouban got a 30-27 and there's no way he won the 1st round because he didn't land a single strike.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

He edged the 2nd IMO but it was close.  Look I like Dustin and have for a very long time.  I'm happy for him just 49-46 across the board is terrible scoring.

Back in the day I always thought it was retarded not to score damage but I accepted that it wasn't part of the criteria.  If it was a 46 year old Dan Henderson would've been MW champ in the rematch with Bisping but if you watch that fight and score it round by round without damage Bisping won.

Max dug deep after getting wobbled 40 times in the 1st round and landed more strikes after a bad 1st.  Yet damage was obviously scored in this fight.  Is that now in the criteria?  I can't keep up with how we are supposed to score fights or even what's legal or illegal because every goddamn event is under different rules it seems.  You got guys landing what would be a legal strikes in a certain state but it's illegal in this state.  The referees are confused themselves so the fighters are in an even worse position.

It was an awesome fight but the ref allowed Dustin to straight up stall twice.  He did nothing in those positions with Max against the cage.

I told my friend the exact same thing with the exact same fight comparison (bisping vs hendo). However i would have to rewatch but i gave max 3,4,and 5.

• Like 3

If you're the superior fighter, stop holding on to a guy and watching the clock tick down. For that very reason, I can't score round five for Poirier. He held on and hoped for the best. You don't get points for that.

I had Max 2, 3, 4, and probably 5.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

AND he still won that chit.  Max 2, 3, 4 and Peahead stalled out 2 rounds.

Even Mini Blessed said that fake belt looked like chit.

Nah, even if Max won 3 rounds, which I don't think he did, it still wouldn't have mattered, he got 10-8'ed in round 1. It would have been a draw at best for him. After the fight was over Max raised DP's hand for a reason. Even he knew he lost that fight.

Round one cannot be a 10-8 either. Max had a moment where he almost stopped the fight in between getting wobbled hhimself. So you can give it to Dustin, but 10-9.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, GoToGuy said:

After the fight was over Max raised DP's hand for a reason. Even he knew he lost that fight.

Or maybe he has respect for DP and isnt gonna complain in the cage after a fight?

• Like 2

It was a decent fight. Dustin is sloppy like Mia Bangg. Max has no power at fiddy fi eventhough hes the better striker and if he gained any muscle on that long gumby frame of his, hed never make 155.

I thought Max won the majority of the last few rounds just from output alone but oh well. Rematch maybe down the line.

Max put up quite a fight to say that he didn't want that belt haha.

Nah seriously thought, I thought the fight was great, I was worried for Max after that first round but he did really start to come back and gain more control in the fight too but Dustin did bring it, even though he slowed down a little towards the end he was getting some attacks in also so credit to him for that.

It's like people have said, Dustin was causing more damage and this affected Max, specially with the blood as having that running down your face can't be easy when you're trying to fight so I think that knee Dustin gave which opened up Max really played a part in the fight simply due to how Max had to keep wiping it away all the time.

I really wanted Max to win but I don't think it was an unfair decision and as much as Dustin has been annoying with the whole refusing to fight and demand etc.. he does deserve it so I'm fine with it, Max has got his featherweight belt anyway and he didn't seem as powerful in that division.

He probably should go for the fight with DC like he said haha. 

I have to watch again. I think I had a draw, Poirier 1 and 5 with 1 being 10-8. But, I think he stole 4 with the knee in the judges eyes

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

AND he still won that chit.  Max 2, 3, 4 and Peahead stalled out 2 rounds.

Even Mini Blessed said that fake belt looked like chit.

It was a once sided beating bruuuuh

Ok, rewatched. 1 and 2 Poirier, no 10-8s and Holloway 3, 4, and 5. Holloway is champ champ.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BART-O-LINI said:

Ok, rewatched. 1 and 2 Poirier, no 10-8s and Holloway 3, 4, and 5. Holloway is champ champ.

Let IT go bruuuh your boy took a second beating 

8 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Yes, new rules use damage. This card used the new rules. They really need to get everyone to adopt them so we don't have cards with different rules. 

"Effective Striking is judged by determining the impact or damage of legal strikes landed by a contestant solely based on the results of such legal strikes."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know what fight you guys were watching. I was on the phone and had the sound off the entire fight and those scores were accurate imo. Max won 1 round for sure and I thought the fight would shift from their with his cardio, but DDP kept landing the bigger shots.

• Like 1

Max went to the hospital & was close to speaking in tongues again. Dustin went back to his hotel & climbed on top his wife. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, juice64011 said:

Yes, new rules use damage. This card used the new rules. They really need to get everyone to adopt them so we don't have cards with different rules. 

"Effective Striking is judged by determining the impact or damage of legal strikes landed by a contestant solely based on the results of such legal strikes."

I agree with this 100%!!

9 hours ago, StompGrind said:

Max went to the hospital & was close to speaking in tongues again. Dustin went back to his hotel & climbed on top his wife. 

Good for him. She's been withholding it since he got faceplanted in about a minute by Conor. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I can't say how I scored that fight, but it definitely was not a 49-46. Those judges were too busy hitting the crack pipe during the fight.