Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Amanda Nunes updates on plans for UFC featherweight title

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/amanda-nunes-updates-on-plans-for-ufc-featherweight-title/

Amanda-Nunes

Amanda Nunes, who currently owns the UFC bantamweight and featherweight titles, is booked to defend her bantamweight title against Holly Holm at UFC 239 this summer. Should she successfully defend this title against the former bantamweight champion Holm, her plan is to then move back up to featherweight to defend that belt.

“For sure (I plan to) defend both,” told reporters at the recent UFC seasonal press conference during UFC 236 fight week in Atlanta, Georgia (via MMA Junkie). “I will defend my belt at 135 then go up and defend my belt after at 145.”

For now, of course, the goal for Amanda Nunes is defeating Holly Holm — one of the few top female bantamweights she has yet to fight.

“Keep making history,” Nunes said of her plans. “Holly’s the only champion, the former champion, that I don’t beat yet. She’s going to be the next.”

Once that’s taken care of, she’ll turn her attention to the biggest fight at featherweight. That could mean a rematch with Cris Cyborg, the woman she knocked out in December to win the title.

“Honestly, I think about Holly now then we’ll see next,” Nunes said. “A (Cris) Cyborg rematch? Why not? We’ll see what’s next.”

Sounds like Nunes is walking back her talks on retirement. 

Against who?  Holly Holm.  The Preacher's grandmother can't win a fight to save her life unless it's over an Australian can like Megan Anderson.  I love that the UFC has a women's featherweight division with 2 featherweight fighters on their roster.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Kayla Harrison would throw her on her head and pound her out.

Seems like an odd switch for her saying she's going to defend at 145 remember not too long ago she said she wanted to try and cut to 125 to gain a 3rd belt. 

I completely forgot she was a dual division champ lmao 

the right thing to do would be to close the 145 division, and you cannot defend two titles never mind 1 by fighting once a year 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Seems like an odd switch for her saying she's going to defend at 145 remember not too long ago she said she wanted to try and cut to 125 to gain a 3rd belt. 

She knew Cyborg would beat her **** if she didn't come out headhunting like Nunes was a bum. Nunes was just saying to close down the division so she didn't have to do a rematch at some point.

5 hours ago, skillandpower said:

I really hope Holm beats her.

Dude she might have a chance of running, grunting, jabbing and leg kicking for dear life.

It's not a very good chance at all but there's always that chance when the octagon is nearly the size of my house.  Greg and Mike have a run for dear life point fighting strategy in place make no mistake about that.  Amanda Nunes isn't Megan Anderson though and she dove at that cans ankles for 3 rounds.

If Amanda doesn't kill The Preacher's Grandmother... it doesn't count.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PlatinumClegg said:

Dude she might have a chance of running, grunting, jabbing and leg kicking for dear life.

It's not a very good chance at all but there's always that chance when the octagon is nearly the size of my house.  Greg and Mike have a run for dear life point fighting strategy in place make no mistake about that.  Amanda Nunes isn't Megan Anderson though and she dove at that cans ankles for 3 rounds.

If Amanda doesn't kill The Preacher's Grandmother... it doesn't count.

Yeah I know you are right m8.

On 4/18/2019 at 6:18 AM, King_Can said:

I completely forgot she was a dual division champ lmao 

the right thing to do would be to close the 145 division, and you cannot defend two titles never mind 1 by fighting once a year 

It sounds like you're making the case that the UFC needs more women's MMA.  That's a clear violation of Forum Rules.  Don't worry, no one's going to ban you, and no one is going to make fun of you for openly confessing that you feel there should be more women's title defenses, as though you believe they are important.  That, I can almost promise.

We all have our own peculiarities, so I don't want anyone to judge this poster.

Think of a women's title fight as a transvestite beauty contest (forget about the shocking similarities for a moment, this is supposed to be a real and true analogy, not a comparison.)  I guess they're fun for some people once in a while,  it's like a trainwreck that they can't look away from, and that's always a story worth telling to absolutely no one the next day.   It's not the sort of thing that anyone is really into though, and at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.  

49 minutes ago, Megasoup said:

It sounds like you're making the case that the UFC needs more women's MMA.  That's a clear violation of Forum Rules.  Don't worry, no one's going to ban you, and no one is going to make fun of you for openly confessing that you feel there should be more women's title defenses, as though you believe they are important.  That, I can almost promise.

We all have our own peculiarities, so I don't want anyone to judge this poster.

Think of a women's title fight as a transvestite beauty contest (forget about the shocking similarities for a moment, this is supposed to be a real and true analogy, not a comparison.)  I guess they're fun for some people once in a while,  it's like a trainwreck that they can't look away from, and that's always a story worth telling to absolutely no one the next day.   It's not the sort of thing that anyone is really into though, and at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.  

Lmao trans beauty contest 

this post is a gem

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, King_Can said:

Lmao trans beauty contest 

this post is a gem

I'm glad you received it in the spirit which I intended.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 1:38 AM, skillandpower said:

I really hope Holm beats her.

She's a legit Brazilian champ champ and not a roiding river ape. Why the hate m8? You almost sound as bad as that idiot who keeps claiming King Amanda is ducking a fighter she's beaten twice already

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, T.B.E said:

She's a legit Brazilian champ champ and not a roiding river ape. Why the hate m8? You almost sound as bad as that idiot who keeps claiming King Amanda is ducking a fighter she's beaten twice already

Dont know why but I just dont like her m8

Edited by skillandpower
  • Like 2