Sign in to follow this  
Megasoup

Alright, who do you think is going to win the Democratic primaries?

I'm only 40, so I haven't seen a ton of these things.  I've been right twice, which isn't bad because there have only been 10 election cycles in my lifetime and I have mostly not paid attention to politics.   I predicted George W. Bush (I wasn't all that aware of politics at the time,) and I predicted Donald Trump.  

So this cycle we have all sorts of characters vying for the nomination.  That's what it has become, characters.  

-There's a very old man who has held some sort of political office for around 50 years who promises to change the world.  There has been no explanation given as to why he hasn't managed to change the world in the last 5 decades.  He has a huge following, comprised of gullible young people who have very little life experience.  His name is Bernie Sanders.

-There's another very old man who has also spent his entire life in politics.  Joe Biden is not quite as much of a lunatic, but he is very creepy.  He touches women inappropriately, that much has been extensively videotaped, documented and established.   Like the aforementioned candidate, he promises change, which is very puzzling to anyone who is aware that they have been a part of the establishment for the last 40 years, so for him to embody change defies logic and reason.

Those two are the front runners.  Bernie Sanders is a political darling, Joe Biden is not anymore.  

-We have also have a half-black/half-Jamaican woman who has been in office for a couple years.  Kamala Harris.  I swear to Jehovah, if this country elects a black woman named "Kamala" as President, we are in trouble, because the "ice cream machine isn't working and our system is down."  She has been in the public eye for her political grandstanding.  During different hearings, primarily Brett Kavanaugh's nomination, she was very hostile.  She seemed like the prototypical boetchey woman.   I saw a lot of footage where she would crankily ask questions in one hearing or another, but she always got shut down hard.  I have never seen her win an exchange.  Very ineffective, as Kavanaugh is sitting in the Supreme Court chambers this very minute, leaning back in his chair with his feet on his desk, probably lifting weights and drinking beer.  He loves beer.  The media loves her because identity politics is their thing.

-We have ourselves a real and true Asian guy in Andy Yang.   But being Asian will get one no traction whatsoever from the media or any liberal group, despite being the most recently discriminated minority, which is probably why we don't see a lot of them in politics.  He is campaigning on a platform of Universal Basic Income, which sounds awful on the surface.  Truthfully though, all the black folks and A-rabs already have pretty much every life expense paid for by the Government, from cradle to grave.  Food stamps, housing, school lunches, medicaid, and all sorts of things that you and I have never even heard of.   It might be a slick tactic on his part to level the playing field again, redirect some of that money that being paid in taxes back to the people who actually paid them.  It might be nice to get a few extra bucks from Uncle Sam.  I don't know how it's actually going to get paid for, but how does anything get paid for, am I right?  Anyway, out of all the candidates, he seems like the most decent guy.

-Let us not forget our Native American Candidate.  She is a solid 1/1024 Injun, had the college scholarship to prove it rightly so.  Elizabeth Warren's chances of winning another election in any office also stand at 1/1024, which is probably why she is going ahead with this Hail Mary pass at the Presidency.   

We also have two gay guys, one of them who is comfortably nested in the closet, the other who is loud and proud about his sodomy.

-Cory Booker is using some of the same tactics from the same playbook as Kamala (god, that name is awful!)  He is disruptive and hostile during hearings.  Ineffective as a legislature and ineffective as a male.  Rosario Dawson is his current cover-up, but the ruse is incredibly obvious.  Google "Cory Booker Girlfriend" and you'll see that every article will use the phrase "rumored girlfriend," and there isn't a candid photo in sight.   It's awful.  

-The other one has a nearly ironic last name, which a more clever poster might put to work.  Pete Buttigieg.  I don't know what to say, man.  He has oral and **** intercourse with other men.  I cannot get past that.  

-Kristin Gildebrand.  Don't bother worrying about the correct spelling of her name and don't worry about her platform, because she won't get past the first round.   She ain't bad looking, though.  

I don't really see a standout, but I'm going to give it to Kamala Harris, because she's loud and obnoxious and that's the direction politics has gone.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I accidentally put this in the wrong section because of my intellectual limitations.  Could a mod perhaps move it over?  

• Like 1

I didn't realize I needed, like need-need, your take on Kamala and Booker pushing for reparations, but I do. 

What say you, Soup?

• Like 3

Just now, cashfl0w said:

I didn't realize I needed, like need-need, your take on Kamala and Booker pushing for reparations, but I do. 

What say you, Soup?

**** them, none of them were slaves and all of them had free school. Some people have it tougher than others but a lot of that is due to their culture. They don't deserve any reparations and if that is what they try to push they will lose. 

• Like 7

Just now, juice64011 said:

**** them, none of them were slaves and all of them had free school. Some people have it tougher than others but a lot of that is due to their culture. They don't deserve any reparations and if that is what they try to push they will lose. 

Does Mike Perry get reparations? He's 2% black, and that's enough to use the n-word freely and not get called on it. Should be enough for 40 acres and a mule, right?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

What say you, Soup?

I think this group has already gotten enough reparations in the form of welfare, free housing, food stamps, affirmative action, government mandated preference, equal housing acts, and mandatory quotas,  and a thousand other things. 

Edited by Megasoup
  • Like 4

Itll come down to Joe or Bernie. Bernie doesn't seem to have the same push he had from his followers this time around. So he may legitimately lose the primary this time.

The rest of them are just wasting their money and time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Megasoup said:

I think this group has already gotten enough reparations in the form of welfare, free housing, food stamps, affirmative action, government mandated preference, equal housing acts, and mandatory quotas,  and a thousand other things. 

Thank you. Make more threads please.

To answer your question: The DNC screwed Bernie Sanders last time, WikiLeaks put out the emails to prove it, and Bernie went away quietly. He never made a fuss.

Now, that could be because he was promised a fair shake on the next go-round. I wouldn't put it past anybody to screw him again though. He constantly talks about taking corporate money out of politics, and anybody following along knows the establishment wants nothing to do with that. However, he is the frontrunner in the polls (as far as people that have actually announced, Biden is leading among candidates overall). 

Nonetheless, I'm taking Kamala Harris to get the nomination. She demands the most voters, as far as identity politics. She covers blacks, and minorities in general, women, etc. 

Edited by cashfl0w
  • Like 1

Bernie or Pete, but it hardly matters to me....any or all will lose against the incumbent.

• Like 1

Let's address some stuff within the body of my original post, because it's more important to my right now than watching another episode of "New Girl."

In order:

-Has Bernie Sanders ever actually done anything worth a damn, and how effective do you think he would be in invoking change (whether or not you want the change is irrelevant in this discussion.)

-Ditto for Joe Biden.

-Any comment regarding She'quana Harris.

*edit Kamala Harris

-Who in the hell is Andy Yang, anyway?

-Skip Elizabeth Warren.  That's been done to death.

-Cory Booker is ghey, right?  Is anyone going to fight me on that? 

*Also, it's probably discrimination that the swear filter is triggered with gay (ghey,) as it is no longer acceptable to consider that lifestyle to be offensive, so someone is going to have to fix that before the UFC gets sued.

*Edit: apparently the gay thing has already been addressed.  Lawyers never run out of work, I guess.

-The other dude IS gay (ghey.)  Peter Buttegeig is currently the mayor of South Bend.  I did not make that part up.  My question is how is any of this possible?

-I just looked up Kristie Gillartegan (spelling?) and she is apparently only 52, but she looks WAY, WAY older than that.  I suspect drug use.  I can't wrap my mind around how someone can age like that without drugs being involved.    I also looked her up on Wikipedia and her positions are pretty extreme.  She's just awful.  Thank god she's not getting any press.

Edited by Megasoup
  • Like 3

I honestly, firmly believe Rosario Dawson was paid by a donor to pretend to be dating Booker. They just blatantly lie now, and you have to either play stupid or call them out. I felt like they were really insulting my intelligence when Katie Couric tried to say she went on a date with Booker to a New York Giants game. Do you honestly believe in the age of social media that not one single person in New York f'in City recognized Katie Couric and Cory Booker sitting together? You would have to be a real gump to buy that. 

• Like 3

LOLOL @ South Bend, Indiana too. That entire state is a port-o-potty. In the age of internet, you can't hide that anymore. He might be the Gay King of Giant Urinal Cake, but he ain't taking the White House any time soon.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

lmfao I'm glad you're back Soup.  This place was so full of JV betas I had to boot one from the forum.

I am not the poster this forum deserves, and I am DEFINITELY not the poster this forum wants...

...but I am the poster this forum needs.

• Like 5

It's between Biden and Sanders.  My vote goes to Sanders but I'm afraid there's too much hate and ignorance to overthrow the buffoon.  

1 hour ago, Jason_H. said:

It's between Biden and Sanders.  My vote goes to Sanders but I'm afraid there's too much hate and ignorance to overthrow the buffoon.  

Lol. Hate for laziness is a bad thing? 

On 4/20/2019 at 10:46 PM, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

They're all scum. 

What are you talking about?  You're the biggest liberal on this forum.  You want all the terrorists to come in and win UFC titles without facing wrestlers.

OP's favorite Indian, Elizabeth Warren, wants to forgive all college debt, give reparations, and I think just empty out all of your bank accounts entirely. If you could just turn all of your assets into cash and drop them off downtown, that'd be great. Thanks in advance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/19/2019 at 9:17 PM, Megasoup said:

-Has ANY politician ever actually done anything worth a damn, and how effective do you think he would be in invoking change (whether or not you want the change is irrelevant in this discussion.)

This right here is the main reason i don't vote anymore & probably never will. All these politicians can eat a bag of richards. They're all worthless. 

I got woke enough at one point in my mid 20's to realize not a single politician or policy has ever really had any dramatic effect + or - on my day to day.

You know what has? Believing & relying on myself & giving my best to do the right things and act for the betterment of mine & my loved ones.

That & trying to have a good time enjoying life as much as you can ( < not always so easy for me ) while you're here because life can be brutal & gone in a flash so make the most of it. That's it & that's all the fk that matters. Beliefs, views, hot takes it's all fkn nonsense but occasionally fun or interesting to entertain as a distraction. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Could someone give me crib notes on the Sri Lanki thread that got ghosted? 

I always miss all the LULZ. 

18 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

OP's favorite Indian, Elizabeth Warren, wants to forgive all college debt, give reparations, and I think just empty out all of your bank accounts entirely. If you could just turn all of your assets into cash and drop them off downtown, that'd be great. Thanks in advance.

fookin' idiots, did u hear their ans. when asked the obvious questions,

.... like Sanders and his "criminals ( death-row also) should vote,

his CNN townhall answer was    - cherry pickin' people that can vote is a bad idea - audience asks why ? "bcoz that's a slippery slope and we don't want to go there" - wtf kind of answer is that ?

...are we supposed to read something into that ? Warren's answer is worse -

these libtards can pound sand, fookin' morons are gonna get trounced in '20

.... and how about the NYC council voting 45 to 2 in favor of the NGD lmmfao

1 hour ago, StompGrind said:

Could someone give me crib notes on the Sri Lanki thread that got ghosted? 

I always miss all the LULZ. 

Soup summed up what we were all thinking. Especially @Bubba_Sparks because that guy is a real racist.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Soup summed up what we were all thinking. Especially @Bubba_Sparks because that guy is a real racist.

Agreed. I've noticed his racism towards non ginger kind & 'Muricans. 

• Like 2

My vote would be for Andy, but I think Bernie will get it. He has the most dedicated base and is owed the nomination. His minions tout him as the most polar opposite to the Donald: old, white, rich....

Though it's not showing in the polls, I think Kamala has an outside shot, she best fits the identity bill

59 minutes ago, T.B.E said:

My vote would be for Andy, but I think Bernie will get it. He has the most dedicated base and is owed the nomination. His minions tout him as the most polar opposite to the Donald: old, white, rich....

Though it's not showing in the polls, I think Kamala has an outside shot, she best fits the identity bill

I'd vote for Andy or Biden at this point (just because I'm an Obama stan).  Everyone else can fuϲk right off.  

Hopefully Kamala falls short, the last thing we need is a Narc in the Oval Office.  

15 hours ago, Megasoup said:

What are you talking about?  You're the biggest liberal on this forum.  You want all the terrorists to come in and win UFC titles without facing wrestlers.

Go pay someone to stick your head in a bathtub and don't pull it out until the bubbles stop. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, sobercuban said:

I'd vote for Andy or Biden at this point (just because I'm an Obama stan).  Everyone else can fuϲk right off.  

Hopefully Kamala falls short, the last thing we need is a Narc in the Oval Office.  

A narc that wants very strict gun control.

"Sen. Kamala Harris on Monday night pledged that, if elected president, she will sign a series of executive orders on gun control if Congress fails to pass comprehensive legislation in her first 100 days in the Oval Office."

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bwana said:

A narc that wants very strict gun control.

"Sen. Kamala Harris on Monday night pledged that, if elected president, she will sign a series of executive orders on gun control if Congress fails to pass comprehensive legislation in her first 100 days in the Oval Office."

Yeah I saw that too ..... I'm going to have to stock up on some weapons in case crazy people take over

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Yeah I saw that too ..... I'm going to have to stock up on some weapons in case crazy people take over

They've already started :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bwana said:

They've already started :)

True .... it really is remarkable.  

3 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

True .... it really is remarkable.  

I suspect it will only get worse, our country is divided and people are venting their frustration. Whether financial climate, opiate addiction, politics, religion, or race,,,shiit is winding up to a violent crescendo at some point. Then giving the government the right of way to control us like a military zone, while stepping on our freedoms while they're doing it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

Go pay someone to stick your head in a bathtub and don't pull it out until the bubbles stop. 

You know I don't have that kind of cash, man.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/24/2019 at 1:47 AM, sobercuban said:

They already have hah.....

• Haha 1