Sign in to follow this  
VertFTW

USADA update

Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) twitteó a las 4:30 p. m. on mar., abr. 23, 2019:
USADA just announced that Sean O’Malley, Nicco Montaño, Augusto Mendes & Marvin Vettori all tested positive for the PED ostarine in recent out-of-competition drug tests & were subsequently suspended six months. O’Malley’s suspension is already up while Montaño’s is up next month.
(https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1120802145320734721?s=09)

15 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Not exactly breaking news regarding O'Malley.... 

No wonder Nicco stopped yapping from the sidelines.  

They hadnt announced til now the roid O malley was busted for.

1 hour ago, VertFTW said:

bullѕhit, O'Malley literally told everyone that it was ostarine months ago.  

October 1st 2018

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/10/1/17925264/ufc-229-sean-o-malley-tested-positive-low-levels-ostarine-one-that-catches-everyone-mma

UFC 229: Sean O’Malley tested positive for low levels of ostarine — ‘The one that catches everyone’

Sean, however, wanted to be transparent with the mixed martial arts (MMA) community, and continued to do so during an interview on the Ariel Helwani MMA Show, revealing what exactly he tested positive for.

“It’s called ostarine. I guess that’s the one that catches everyone that is kind of in all these random pills,” he said. “I feel like there has to be a new rule implemented or something because this has happened too many times.”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sobercuban said:

Sure you did.  

2 hours ago, VertFTW said:

hmmm

Marvin Vettori looks like a juice head. honestly thought Sean got busted for weed after a botched detox. i don't acknowledge anyone with the last name Mendes who doesn't also have the first name chad. and finally **** wmma 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

They should let the stringbeans juice because they need that extra oomph to make then men. 

lol no...how is it fair to let a string bean cheater like the roiding hippie for example to bulk up unaturally and KO Frankie who probably could have beat him if it was a fair fight.

6 hours ago, VertFTW said:

lol no...how is it fair to let a string bean cheater like the roiding hippie for example to bulk up unaturally and KO Frankie who probably could have beat him if it was a fair fight.

That was a fluke. Frankue bodies that idiot in a rematch. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, I_Take_Roids_m8 said:

That was a fluke. Frankue bodies that idiot in a rematch. 

That's why Ortega said no to the rematch.

• Like 7

USADA owes Tom Lawlor 18 months salary.  He had a staggering amount of ostarine in system.  17 full picograms and they handed him 2 years.  Now he's been relegated to getting beat up by mini DC in Golden Boy MMA for 20 grand.

Jon can test positive for 40 to 80 picograms all the goddamn time and they don't give a ****.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, PlatinumClegg said:

USADA owes Tom Lawlor 18 months salary.  He had a staggering amount of ostarine in system.  17 full picograms and they handed him 2 years.  Now he's been relegated to getting beat up by mini DC in Golden Boy MMA for 20 grand.

Jon can test positive for 40 to 80 picograms all the goddamn time and they don't give a ****.

Stop acting like you give a ѕhit about Tom fuϲking Lawlor, LOL

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Stop acting like you give a ѕhit about Tom fuϲking Lawlor, LOL

Clegg NEVER missed a Filthy fight.

Even if I disliked/hated him as a fighter which I didn't they did him dirty man.  2 years for 17 picograms?!  Even co-workers that I dislike I'm not going to **** with their livelihood and try to get them fired.  As a dock clerk and one of the primary people that does TDR (trailer, dock and release) I've been in a position to do that on multiple occasions and not even just people on my shift.  I could've had the b*tch that is front half day shift dock clerk fired about 7 times minimum for all of the **** ups that I've walked into at the start of my shift.

Jesus Christ Jon pops for 60 picograms follow by 80 picograms 2 days later all the goddamn time now.  If Tom Lawlor failed a drug test for ostarine than Jon has failed like 26 drug tests of turinabol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, PlatinumClegg said:

Clegg NEVER missed a Filthy fight.

Even if I disliked/hated him as a fighter which I didn't they did him dirty man.  2 years for 17 picograms?!  Even co-workers that I dislike I'm not going to **** with their livelihood and try to get them fired.  As a dock clerk and one of the primary people that does TDR (trailer, dock and release) I've been in a position to do that on multiple occasions and not even just people on my shift.  I could've had the b*tch that is front half day shift dock clerk fired about 7 times minimum for all of the **** ups that I've walked into at the start of my shift.

Jesus Christ Jon pops for 60 picograms follow by 80 picograms 2 days later all the goddamn time now.  If Tom Lawlor failed a drug test for ostarine than Jon has failed like 26 drug tests of turinabol

Oh yeah and I could've gotten myself fired for not reporting those **** ups to safety and just fixing them myself.

• Like 2

I have as i am sure always felt the problem of cheating in this sport is very relevant.After i watched a few interviews,talk between fighters and listening to the USADA guy on the Rogan show,i can see why not more are caught.They simply do NOT do that much testing and only test for specific items and usually based on a REASON,like a tip or if something else in a test gives them a hint at something.Hearing they do not consider EPO to be very rampant and hardly ever test for it really sends a message that there is simply not a good testing program.

Then i hear they do all these tests at some USA university  that likely many of the teams staff have access to and likely even friends or connections with.What i did like is that in some cases they have samples kept for years but again Nowitzki stated cost as always a problem and that a lot of these facilities will not actually keep the samples for long if at all.So there is a slight chance they can go back and test old samples that somehow passed or were not tested enough if they see reason or suspicion or a new failed test comes up.Then GSp talked about how easy it was to avoid a test if on a timed regimen.

Then i look back at the Jones ordeal,claims of ..."trace amounts can remain in the system for years,up to 7 years even,then the very next test NOTHING lol.So imo the entire system is VERY flawed and not a good enough to catch cheats.IMO there is likely a reason of sloppiness or unorganized as to why they do get caught.Like when Overeem was caught it was like a 16-1 ratio,it was like he wasn't even trying to hide it so something went wrong in the timing,like he wasn't expecting to be tested at that moment.

I also wonder about the actual numbers of fighters who get tested because of what Nowitzki said about they usually have a reason of suspicion when they do  tests,my guess they have connections as well and or snitches.When this says a "reduced"suspension because the Costas were helpful,i take that as being a snitch.

Edited by zaksame
  • Like 3

Sometimes I wonder if everybody is tested the same way tbh.

TJ had the mission to beat Cejudo and kinda 'end the 125 division' ... Once he failed to beat Cejudo, right after he got caught on the EPO thing ... Hmmm why not prior to the Cejudo fight ? 

It was almost as if TJ was no longer a 'good deal' for the UFC anymore kinda of

• Like 1

Even though I'm not the biggest Luke Thomas fan in the world, I agreed with him when he declared "You cannot be both pro-fighter and pro-USADA."

Like he says, you CAN be for anti-doping and pro-fighter, but you cannot support an organization where the fighters had no input and still be pro-fighter. USADA uses bully tactics at times (that seems to have fallen away for the most part), doesn't have their science in check, and doesn't treat fighters equally. Also, there's no humility in the organization for when they screw up and get something wrong. Where is Josh Barnett's apology? What about Tom Lawler?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ijosef said:

Even though I'm not the biggest Luke Thomas fan in the world, I agreed with him when he declared "You cannot be both pro-fighter and pro-USADA."

Like he says, you CAN be for anti-doping and pro-fighter, but you cannot support an organization where the fighters had no input and still be pro-fighter. USADA uses bully tactics at times (that seems to have fallen away for the most part), doesn't have their science in check, and doesn't treat fighters equally. Also, there's no humility in the organization for when they screw up and get something wrong. Where is Josh Barnett's apology? What about Tom Lawler?

They're not apologizing to Tom Lawlor any time soon. He cheated.

They just look the other way when Jones cheats. But that does NOT mean he isn't cheating.

This is yet another reason why having a collective bargaining agreement in place would be a good thing for fighters. Any disciplinary action, including suspensions suggested by USADA (remember, USADA is just a contractor) would have to be for "just cause".  I'm a union nerd, so I understand that term might be lost on a lot of folks who aren't labor dorks like yours truly. However, that would mean that all actions would be subject to internal appeal, and if unsuccessful, would be decided by a neutral arbitrator. In cases of doping suspensions, you could have language where a hearing needed to take place within six months of the assessment of the penalty, unless the parties mutually agreed to extend. The arbitrator would decide whether or not the rule was reasonable, whether or not the fighter knew or should have know of the rule and the consequences, whether the rule & punishment was fairly and equally applied, whether the evidence was sufficient, and whether or not the penalty was reasonable in light of all mitigating circumstances. Basically, it would be an expedited process of what Josh Barnett went through... unfortunately it took him two years.

Of course nothing is perfect. Imagine if a fighter gets a two year suspension, but an arbitrator reduces it to six months. That's with the organization. However, let's say the NSAC still sticks by its own two year suspension and refuses to budge. After all, they're an agency given authority by state statute and aren't subject to whatever a CBA says. That could still be a sticking point. However, I gotta say I'm looking forward to the time when one state refuses to abide by another's suspension. The NSAC is difficult because the UFC is headquartered there, but let's say the NYSAC issued a two year suspension despite the reduction the fighter received. A year later, the fighter is licensed to fight in Nevada despite the NY suspension technically being good for another year. It would be an interesting circus.