Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

‘Jacare’ explains how the UFC forced him into accepting last-minute Hermansson fight

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/jacare-explains-how-the-ufc-forced-him-into-accepting-last-minute-hermansson-fight/

Jacare Souza

This weekend, in the main event of UFC Fort Lauderdale, long-time UFC middleweight contender Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza will take part in a high risk, low-reward fight with rising contender Jack Hermansson. If he wins, well, he simply reminds the world that he already deserves a title shot. If he loses, meanwhile, his UFC title dreams will be dashed for perhaps a final time.

“It was hard negotiating for Jack,” the Brazilian contender told MMA Junkie recently in his native Portuguese. “That was hard. That was tough. I didn’t want to accept the fight at all. It’s a risk that I’m taking. I’m putting my career at risk; that’s the truth. It made me very upset, this fight. But we talked, and this and that. Then (UFC matchmaker) Mick Maynard came in, Hunter (Campbell), (UFC president) Dana White, all those people, and I said, ‘Either you promise me the belt and put that to paper and send it to me, or there’s no deal.’”

While Jacare felt like he was somewhat cornered into taking this fight, he says the UFC ultimately came through with a deal that worked for him.

“It was tough because everyone put a lot of pressure on me,” Souza said. “That’s what upset me a lot. … Everyone was, ‘Take the fight, take the fight.’ And the UFC people calling. And I said, ‘I don’t want this fight. I don’t want it. I won’t take this fight.’ And then Dana White, ‘Take this fight, it will be good because of this and that.’ And in my head, ‘Don’t take it, don’t take it, don’t take it.’ At the end of the day, we reached an agreement that is good for me.”

“Don’t forget about this, Dana White, UFC, or Mick Maynard, Hunter” he added in English. “You promised me a title shot. Don’t forget about this.”

• Like 1

Fighters should have 0 say on the fights imo. It isn't the fighters who do the matchmaking and the UFC probably paid him very well to accept the fight. Sick of fighters throwing hissy fits cause they aint getting a title shot. Jacare got knocked the **** out by the champ 4 fihts ago and hasn't even strung two wins together.

Edited by PunchBag
  • Like 6

Good, fuϲk him.  

Coming off a 1 fight winning streak, demanding a shot.  A win over a guy who was 1-3 in his last 4 going in to the bout and it still took a comeback KO to get the job done.  "Forced" ...... Get fuϲked.  

Back of the line, pal.  

• Like 6

his fight against Chris Weidman was EMBARASSING, Chris Weidman ****ing sucks and Jacare had problems with him

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He has every right to be pissed off. Look at his resume, he's faced all the top guys and beaten most. 0 title shots.

Meanwhile Izzy is about to get his second shot at a title and he's hasn't faced any of the top guys.

UFC are doing Jacare dirty. They clearly freeze out certain fighters

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, T.B.E said:

He has every right to be pissed off. Look at his resume, he's faced all the top guys and beaten most. 0 title shots.

Meanwhile Izzy is about to get his second shot at a title and he's hasn't faced any of the top guys.

UFC are doing Jacare dirty. They clearly freeze out certain fighters

Maybe if Jacare hadn't already been smashed by Whittaker he'd have a better chance. 

The only top guys he's faced in the past 4 years all beat him (Gassedelum, Yoel, Bobby).  Split-d's on the first two, but still L's on the record.  The only wins he has over currently top-15 ranked Middleweights are the ghost of Chris Weidman and inconsistant Derek.  

• Like 1

if jacare brought in the brock lesnar money he could go 9 years without winning a fight and still get a title shot whenever he wants

• Like 2

Avoiding people who can beat you a true sign of a champion? Some of these fighters who've had their chance multiple times are cot blocking other new fighters...... Screw that if you're not a champ by merits don't expect some affirmative action belt bro.....

Edited by Nordic1

4 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

wat?

Avoiding fighters who do have a chance to be champs. Like a dude who loves a girl and notices another man wants her so he does everything he can to prevent them from hooking up.......... Cot blocker

Edited by Nordic1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nordic1 said:

Avoiding fighters who do have a chance to be champs. Like a dude who loves a girl and notices another man wants her so he does everything he can to prevent them from hooking up.......... Cot blocker

Do you mean ϲock blocker? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sobercuban said:

Do you mean ϲock blocker? 

Cot is a bed army / military slang  3 hots n a cot so blocking the cot equals the same ting bro.

4 minutes ago, Nordic1 said:

Cot is a bed army / military slang  3 hots n a cot so blocking the cot equals the same ting bro.

I've literally never heard anyone say "cot blocker", that's not a thing chief.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sobercuban said:

I've literally never heard anyone say "cot blocker", that's not a thing chief.  

Blocking a bed is a thing and i hate stories like this 1. A guy who was a CHAMPION who got COT BLOCKED.

The biggest thing that came out of this "cot blocker."  This is now officially a thing.  I swear to god, I thought this new poster was either trying to avoid the swear filter or it was simply a typo.  Sober jumped all over it, but...

...this new poster defended it!  He even went as far as to invent its etymology!  This poster has a great future here on this forum and we are lucky to have him.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Megasoup said:

The biggest thing that came out of this "cot blocker."  This is now officially a thing.  I swear to god, I thought this new poster was either trying to avoid the swear filter or it was simply a typo.  Sober jumped all over it, but...

...this new poster defended it!  He even went as far as to invent its etymology!  This poster has a great future here on this forum and we are lucky to have him.  

LMAO!

That new poster is actually PakaL by the way, I guess he really wanted a paid account.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sobercuban said:

LMAO!

That new poster is actually PakaL by the way, I guess he really wanted a paid account.  

Had 1 before i wanted the Dana White signed letter but that turned out to be printed lol........ And i still have 2 ppv's i can't use so in some ways the ufc is cot blocking my viewing pleasure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, skillandpower said:

So clear now why he was upset about fighting Joker.

He knew he was probably gonna lose that fight as he did

I don't know about all that. The risk of losing though would drop him a few fights out from a title shot which is a big risk at his age. 

They kept saying he would get a shot if he won, but he didn't fight like it. Pretty lacklustre performance from him. His best round he punished Jack to the body, so naturally the very next round he goes head hunting..smh

This isn't a legit sport with a legit format,this is a contract business,you try and make the best deals for yourself.When there is a player union,they work for you the employee,this sport has nothing so the fighter most certainly deserves the right to say something.

If a fight is  a lose lose,that is NOT a good deal,not now or for your future,that is why he wanted a belt shot tied into the deal.The problem and why Jacare never won is Hermansson was just a smarter fighter.Jacare has imo remained relevant in this sport because he is jacked and that is also how he fights,he relies on power instead of smarts.I was not the least surprised to hear Oliviera is in the same camp because i have long felt both these guys are on peds.So for me i am glad to see Jacare lose,i never cheer for him.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Megasoup said:

Being unable to recognize a PaKaL post is almost as tragic as being unable to recognize a Stomp post.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2019 at 10:22 AM, sobercuban said:

LMAO!

dtphzgwgr.gif

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 4:27 PM, freddievanhalen3 said:

Did the UFC force him to lose too? 

He will prob say that too. 

He took a dive 

• Like 1