Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Next US Destination Recommendations?

Going to New York I was really worried I wouldn't have enough money so I ended up saving and taking a lot more away with me than I actually needed, so coming back I have been left with around $900 so considering not exchanging them and just booking another trip to the US for later in the year. 

Looking for suggestions on what you think would be the best tourist destination after New York for a 5 or 6 day trip?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jolldan said:

Going to New York I was really worried I wouldn't have enough money so I ended up saving and taking a lot more away with me than I actually needed, so coming back I have been left with around $900 so considering not exchanging them and just booking another trip to the US for later in the year. 

Looking for suggestions on what you think would be the best tourist destination after New York for a 5 or 6 day trip?

City break or looking for some beautiful scenery?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

City break or looking for some beautiful scenery?

City break.

11 minutes ago, Zachpenn11 said:

can't go wrong with vegas 😃

I feel like Vegas is just more of a lets get drunk and gamble place though... Its really not that exciting or even a nice looking place

Edited by freddievanhalen3
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

I feel like Vegas is just more of a lets get drunk and gamble place though... Its really not that exciting or even a nice looking place

haha fair enough, I can tell you its a lot better waking up in vegas rather than England 😆

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zachpenn11 said:

haha fair enough, I can tell you its a lot better waking up in vegas rather than England 😆

Lol I wouldn't know never been there.. but I want to go there some day 

• Like 1

You should come to St. Louis.  You will love our culture.  It's a wonderful, safe and friendly paradise.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jolldan said:

City break.

San Francisco is a lovely place to visit.

I really liked Nashville as well. Then again, I thought nyc was a bit meh so what would I know. 

22 minutes ago, wickles82 said:

Some parts are nice. London is a hole. 

The Highlands, The National Parks and Wales are worth a look. 

I could be totally wrong but aren't you from London or somewhere around there @Jolldan

Just now, freddievanhalen3 said:

I could be totally wrong but aren't you from London or somewhere around there @Jolldan

I have done London before wasn't a big fan then. 

No im from Scotland.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, freddievanhalen3 said:

San Francisco!!! 

u calling him gay m8?

1 hour ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

San Francisco is a lovely place to visit.

u trying to convert him m8?

Edited by -idyb-

6 hours ago, Jolldan said:

City break.

New Orleans but i'm admittedly biased. The old architecture, food, music, drinks, atmosphere, night life & odd people in the quarter & performers by Jackson Square during the day is awesome. You have to go there at least once. There's no other city like it. It's just very different than other cities. If you like sorta grimy melting pot cities with friendly people & lots of weird but interesting people you'll like it.  

Warning: Disclaimer about the night life. The freaks most certainly come out @ night and so do shady cats & aggro drunk. Probably stick to the quarter & stay away from Bourbon street unless you wanna hit some strip clubs or live music clubs. Bourbon can be trouble at night so you might wanna roll deep or just be on your guard a little if you do go there at night. It's also hot AF down there this time of the yr is not the best time. Wait till fall if you decide to go. Mardi Gras is the fkn bess but that already passed. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

New Orleans but i'm admittedly biased. The old architecture, food, music, drinks, atmosphere, night life & odd people in the quarter & performers by Jackson Square during the day is awesome. You have to go there at least once. There's no other city like it. It's just very different than other cities. If you like sorta grimy melting pot cities with friendly people & lots of weird but interesting people you'll like it.  

Warning: Disclaimer about the night life. The freaks most certainly come out @ night and so do shady cats & aggro drunk. Probably stick to the quarter & stay away from Bourbon street unless you wanna hit some strip clubs or live music clubs. Bourbon can be trouble at night so you might wanna roll deep or just be on your guard a little if you do go there at night. It's also hot AF down there this time of the yr is not the best time. Wait till fall if you decide to go. Mardi Gras is the fkn bess but that already passed. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cd5a18c6231797541

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

Go somewhere with legal weed and just get retarded.

35 minutes ago, juice64011 said:

San Diego

^^^

• Like 1

Id prob go to NY again TBH.....everything else is legit boring. Maybe 2nd place go to Vegas or Miami(go to Nassau)...

5 hours ago, brunofr418 said:

take a trip to denver colorado.

This could be decent when there is snow to go to aspen?

54 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Id prob go to NY again TBH.....everything else is legit boring. Maybe 2nd place go to Vegas or Miami(go to Nassau)...

vegas is overrated. there isnt much to do. funny story tho, last time i went i was playing roulette and drinking with my pops at a table no one id'ed me for the first 25 mins. after i started hitting the guy at the table says oh let me see your id real quick. looked at my dad and said **** i left it in the room ill grab it real quick. i had to leave without my winnings 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, VertFTW said:

Too many naggers

Lol good post bro but you don't know what you're talking about as per usual. Only in certain areas like some of the wards, gentilly, parts of uptown etc. City is 60% Caucasian, 30% African American but downtown in the CBD & the quarter not so much. It's a mix but it's mostly white people. 

Who wouldn't wanna hang out with these scholarly gentlemen ya dig. Off top they get it how they live. They like scientiisses out chere fk a police ya herd me. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

vegas is overrated. there isnt much to do. funny story tho, last time i went i was playing roulette and drinking with my pops at a table no one id'ed me for the first 25 mins. after i started hitting the guy at the table says oh let me see your id real quick. looked at my dad and said **** i left it in the room ill grab it real quick. i had to leave without my winnings 

yeah sort of...but there is alot of things you can do there in a few days...shows, shopping, grand canyon, gambling, restaurants, clubs....

1 hour ago, VertFTW said:

You just listed shopping as possible things to do. He never said he wanted to go on a girls weekend. 

6 days in Vegas is too long.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, juice64011 said:

You just listed shopping as possible things to do. He never said he wanted to go on a girls weekend. 

ID rather be 6 days in Vegas than SD..

Tell us what the heck hes supposed to do in SD?

Best thing about the states are the national parks. If you want a city break there's way more diversity in the European capitals..... rome, Paris, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Prague, Budapest... all are well worth a trip. 

Also... no offence @Jolldan, but wandering around with thousands of dollars of cash... this isn't the 1990s. Transferwise is your friend!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, juice64011 said:

6 days is never too long if you meet a really great woman.  They have them in every corner of the globe and a lot of them are in Vegas, where they are usually a little more in the mood to be approached.  It's a great city for a romance, and then a heartbreak, and then a lifelong memory.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, StompGrind said:

Lol good post bro but you don't know what you're talking about as per usual.

he's a top 20 university graduate m8.  he drinks and he knows things

Edited by -idyb-
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Megasoup said:

6 days is never too long if you meet a really great woman.  They have them in every corner 

a lot of them are in Vegas

i'm just going to have to take your word on that.