Sign in to follow this  
Jolldan

Next US Destination Recommendations?

In California I do regret not going to Yosemite national park or sequoia park...need to do that sometime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VertFTW said:

In California I do regret not going to Yosemite national park or sequoia park...need to do that sometime.

Spend some time hiking in them. I hiked the JMT last year. One of the best 3 weeks I've ever spent. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VertFTW said:

LOL good post bold

Back to SD.....it is BORING....you could go to Oldtown...boring....downtown....boring and there are other cities with better downtowns(SF,NY) the beaches are sorta ok...but water is always cold.....prob better to go to Miami for beaches (heard there was sargasum/red tide through so need to research).. seaworld and zoo is boring....why would anyone pay to see animals caged up? shopping is ok but sales tax is high....foodie scene is ok.....but again there are better foodie cities(NY, Bay area, etc).....maybe the funest thing you could do in SD is probably go to Mexico LOL....ensenada and rosarito.

SD is NOT a good tourist destination.

Yes it is, you're just an idiot.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Spend some time hiking in them. I hiked the JMT last year. One of the best 3 weeks I've ever spent. 

Does that helmethead really strike you as a hiker?

There is zero chance he ever goes to Yosemite.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Yep, go to both, definitely go to Yellowstone, damsure go to Utah and hit Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce,  and Zion.  Jump to the NW, hit Olympia and absolutely Crater Lake NP.

Or heck, just take Cash's advice, go someplace with legal weed and get retarded.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, pjbear05 said:

Yep, go to both, definitely go to Yellowstone, damsure go to Utah and hit Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce,  and Zion.  Jump to the NW, hit Olympia and absolutely Crater Lake NP.

Or heck, just take Cash's advice, go someplace with legal weed and get retarded.

this is a better idea for @Jolldan a million times over than SD.

1 hour ago, cashfl0w said:

Yes it is, you're just an idiot.

I lived in SD and can tell you any place you can think of to go there is boring and there are better places to waste time as far as tourist attactions.....I think you are confusing a tourst place to visit vs a place to live...yes SD is nice to live in.

You never named the million places you know.

I lived in SD and can tell you any place you can think of to go there is boring and there are better places to waste time as far as tourist attactions.....I think you are confusing a tourst place to visit vs a place to live...yes SD is nice to live in.

You never named the million places you know.

Hey dummy, some people live in places that have chitty weather, and simply walking around on the beach is a good time. Any of the beaches are nice. The entire area is nice.

I don't know why this feggit is so intent on keeping @Jolldan away from San Diego, but don't listen to this clown. There are plenty of forum members that say it's the best place in the country to go. Ignore it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

Hey dummy, some people live in places that have chitty weather, and simply walking around on the beach is a good time. Any of the beaches are nice. The entire area is nice.

I don't know why this feggit is so intent on keeping @Jolldan away from San Diego, but don't listen to this clown. There are plenty of forum members that say it's the best place in the country to go. Ignore it.

Nice? Yes

Tourist destination? Lmao

There are better places to go to...

Just now, VertFTW said:

Nice? Yes

Shut up, Pedro. You said your opinion, other people shared theirs.

I have a distinct feeling you didn't really do kuch in your "four years at UCSD". Sounds to me like you sat around inside watching TV and spamming idiocy online.

• Like 2

if youre ever travelling through alaska sometime i would recommend paying a visit to

Skinnys_Front.jpg

you wont be disappointed

Edited by -idyb-

Nice? Yes

It was ranked the #1 US travel destination two years ago by some magazines and one of the top US spring break destinations this year.

You went to NY and ate week old left overs for $5 at lunch.

You have told us that Mexico is safer than the US.

Jolldan asked for a city destination to go to in the US and you told him to go to the Bahamas.

You are an idiot. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jolldan said:

Hearing from a lot of people back home that have done this that I should just save up some more and do what they call the California triangle 3 days in San Francisco, 3 days in Las Vegas and 3 days in Los Angeles.

@cashfl0w I forgot to mention to you I had a chic-fil-a in New York 3 times, chit was life changing lol.

That is basically what I did but stopped in some random towns/cities between them... Bakersfield, Lake Havasu, Flagstaff, Santa Barbara. Could not recommend doing that trip enough.

Although funnily enough this debate about San Diego has come up... a lot of people I spoke with around Cali asked if I had been to San Diego yet. I didn't realize it was meant to be a 'must do' destination until I had heard it from numerous people during that trip. Will have to do it some time.

Edited by RadLad
  • Like 1

Id be more inclined to put SD in my tourist trap cities that I would to put in in good tourist destinations...

everyone here saying to go to SD but havent named one specific touristy thing worth doing lol.....

That's because you would have to be nearly retarded to not understand that when it's 75 and sunny every single day of the year, there's not really an activity that you CAN'T do. Biking, boating, what-the-****-ever can be done every single day.

It says more about you that you need to be told what there is to do in a city where you can literally do anything. 

On 5/13/2019 at 6:11 PM, juice64011 said:

Jolldan asked for a city destination to go to in the US and you told him to go to the Bahamas.

perhaps they didnt teach geography at that top 20 university

• Haha 1

On 5/13/2019 at 8:11 PM, juice64011 said:

LOL fine, he can go to Puerto Rico...still better than going to SD...

Ive been looking at various sites with top rankings lists......didnt find any with SD in them....this list below is a decent ranking.

https://www.touropia.com/tourist-attractions-in-the-usa/

8 hours ago, VertFTW said:

LOL fine, he can go to Puerto Rico...still better than going to SD...

Ive been looking at various sites with top rankings lists......didnt find any with SD in them....this list below is a decent ranking.

https://www.touropia.com/tourist-attractions-in-the-usa/

Kind of agrees with what I've said before; the best things about the states are mainly found in nature, not in cities. 

If I did a top ten most beautiful places I've been to, at least half would be in America. Top ten cities... only one would make the cut. 

@Jolldan... go to Yellowstone, Yosemite/sequoia or the grand canyon! You can get wasted in Glasgow...

On 5/10/2019 at 1:29 AM, Jolldan said:

Going to New York I was really worried I wouldn't have enough money so I ended up saving and taking a lot more away with me than I actually needed, so coming back I have been left with around $900 so considering not exchanging them and just booking another trip to the US for later in the year. 

Looking for suggestions on what you think would be the best tourist destination after New York for a 5 or 6 day trip?

... I don't want hit u w/ negative waves J-dan, ... but that's like a plate of sushi in Tokyo or some gas and a few nights in a cheap hotel in America,

maybe 1.5 hrs in Vegas if u don't gamble,  ..... what's yur total budget going to be for this excursion ?

BigLeftIvorybilledwoodpecker-size_restri

Edited by Bezerker101
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

Kind of agrees with what I've said before; the best things about the states are mainly found in nature, not in cities. 

If I did a top ten most beautiful places I've been to, at least half would be in America. Top ten cities... only one would make the cut. 

@Jolldan... go to Yellowstone, Yosemite/sequoia or the grand canyon! You can get wasted in Glasgow...

If he goes to Vegas its a double bonus since he can go to GC and vegas

One thing I have always had is a serious sweet tooth went crazy with it while away so im going through a sort of sugar detox right now and it sucks as we don't get a lot of the US candy here lol planning on ordering a little care package from Amazon for an eventual cheat day looking for some more recommendations. 

These are already on the list

Image result for birthday cake oreosImage result for red velvet oreos

Image result for peanut butter m&ms sharing sizeImage result for caramel m&ms

6 hours ago, Bezerker101 said:

... I don't want hit u w/ negative waves J-dan, ... but that's like a plate of sushi in Tokyo or some gas and a few nights in a cheap hotel in America,

maybe 1.5 hrs in Vegas if u don't gamble,  ..... what's yur total budget going to be for this excursion ?

BigLeftIvorybilledwoodpecker-size_restri

I ate nothing but Chic-Fil-A, McDonalds and Taco Bell in New York trust me I don't need a big budget lol.

I hear you though will definitely be saving up a good bit more first.

So what Will @Jolldan decide on?

Still undecided by the sounds of things will need more $$$$ no matter what.

• Like 1

One thing I have always had is a serious sweet tooth went crazy with it while away so im going through a sort of sugar detox right now and it sucks as we don't get a lot of the US candy here lol planning on ordering a little care package from Amazon for an eventual cheat day looking for some more recommendations. 

I ate nothing but Chic-Fil-A, McDonalds and Taco Bell in New York trust me I don't need a big budget lol.

that's not cheap in NY, .. this is the world we live in  (damn, u had to post those snax, .. now I'm hungry),

you gotta do what makes you happy, it's a holiday,

I'm 40+ and I no longer travel well, so my idea of a holiday is a Japanese lap-dance and a bag of cashews in the city

• Like 1

Copper Country, Upper Peninsula of Michigan.  Mrs. Bear's family are Yooper Finns from that area, always a treat going there.  It's like another world once you're across the Mackinac Bridge.  There's a roadside park on the shore of Lake Superior South of Copper Harbor that the missus's family used to go to that I've been at 4 or 5 times,  very scenic.  The wife wants her ashes scattered there when and if the inevitable happens.

• Like 1