skillandpower

Santos Has a Game Plan to Beat Jones (LOL)

In a few words (I dont get paid by NewFC to translate chit), Santos gives a hint that he will put Jones on his back and see how Jones deals with it and a nasty ground and pound lol

Dude is either delusional OR clearly trying to sell wolf tickets.

https://sportv.globo.com/site/combate/noticia/marreta-espeta-jon-jones-sera-lembrado-como-um-dopado-como-um-cara-que-dirige-alcoolizado.ghtml

Lol Cormier cant put Jones on his back yet somehow a guy who gets outwrestled by Mousasi is going to put jones on his back.

He is obviously trolling and either has no gameplan or is keeping it secret.

Edited by PunchBag
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PunchBag said:

Lol Cormier cant put Jones on his back yet somehow a guy who gets outwrestled by Mousasi is going to put jones on his back.

I agree. 

Honestly, I dont think he is trolling at all m8. In the article, he raises the question/argument that nobody ever saw how Jones would react being on his back AND he also says he will make Jones uncomfortable every where (lol).

Dude got no gameplan imo 

5 minutes ago, agtx said:

Guy thinks he can win, he wouldnt be taking the fight if he didnt would he, even bj thought he could win last weekend lols. 

I dont think there is a problem at all with that. A fighter's natural instinct is to always believe they gonna win.

The problem (and reason why of the thread) is his 'game plan' option tho and how he even considers such idea.

I wouldnt be laughing if he said something like "I will KO him" .. that would be more believable 

1 hour ago, agtx said:

Guy thinks he can win, he wouldnt be taking the fight if he didnt would he, even bj thought he could win last weekend lols. 

I would take a title fight vs jones and i don't believe i can win. But 50k would come in handy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PunchBag said:

I would take a title fight vs jones and i don't believe i can win. But 50k would come in handy.

I'd hold out for more cash if I were you.

I give Santos more than a chance, Jones isn't the Jones of old...Santos will pull the trigger, and has some mean kicks to chop those chicken legs down. Santos can't stay on the cage and let Jones wrestle him, or work him over with knees...Santos is strong, and should stay in the middle of the ring...shoot for take downs if they present themselves.

6 minutes ago, Bwana said:

I give Santos more than a chance, Jones isn't the Jones of old...Santos will pull the trigger, and has some mean kicks to chop those chicken legs down. Santos can't stay on the cage and let Jones wrestle him, or work him over with knees...Santos is strong, and should stay in the middle of the ring...shoot for take downs if they present themselves.

Santos shooting for TDs on Jones ? I hope he is not that stupid, honestly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PunchBag said:

for 50 grand i would let him knock me out in the first punch

hell he would probably do it anyways.

tho that aint a whole tonne of money, as long as its over quick id say its worth it.  plus its jon jones knocking me out, not some bum who had to claw his way into the ufc just to fight on the early prelims, so there wouldnt be any shame in it. 50 grand in american dollars and its a done deal for me as long as theres no broken bones or anything.

one day if i ever have the misfortune of having kids,  i would be able to tell them about the one time i fought jon jones and was right about to become the light heavyweight champion of the world until i started daydreaming about all the hookers and blow i was gonna spend the 50 grand on afterwards and then  he caught me with a lucky punch.   though it would be better if he fails another piss test afterwards and the fight gets overturned to a no contest, that way i could tell them that i once fought the legendary jon jones and he wasnt able to beat me.

Edited by -idyb-
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, skillandpower said:

Santos shooting for TDs on Jones ? I hope he is not that stupid, honestly.

I hope Santos knocks Jone's head into the 3 row

1 hour ago, Bwana said:

Santos got knocked out by a welterweight fighting this weekend.  Vicente Luque and just a year ago David Branch knocked him out as well.  Jon is going to kill this dude.

• Like 3

life tends to repeat itself in strange ways. wouldn’t be surprised if we see a repeat of what happened with rose. jones will be dominating easily before santos hits him with a fluke KO 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, brunofr418 said:

life tends to repeat itself in strange ways. wouldn’t be surprised if we see a repeat of what happened with rose. jones will be dominating easily before santos hits him with a fluke KO 

Yeah I agree with his KO chance (real chance) but the thing about this thread was him saying he might try to actually put Jones on his back and work a ground and pound lol

Dont get me wrong, I like Santos "punchers chance" more than Smith 

On 5/17/2019 at 8:18 PM, PunchBag said:

I'm betting on the 1st option....

On 5/17/2019 at 1:20 PM, Dark_Horse said:

He'll probably get a shock k.o. now.

On 5/18/2019 at 1:19 PM, brunofr418 said:

I would laugh so hard if that happened. Anything is possible I suppose, even if highly improbable. Jon will frequently start a little slow, feeling his opponent out and taking a bit of time to gauge distance and whatnot (unless his opponent rushes in like Chael did). Anyway, it's within the realm of possibility for Santos to just wade right in and connect with an overhand to the chin.

• Like 2

Well putting Jones on his back could be possible,i doubt it seeing how bad training is in MMA.The level of skill+fight IQ just seems to be very far and few between.

I seldom see fighters understand how to get inside and how to fight for hand position.Should be easy to get inside and do some trips,you have to get in fast and safe but mostly fast and aggressive.The problem is pretty much every single fight has two guys at a distance,with one guy  utilizing a better reach and better distance control.Big guys don't seem to have the cardio to bust inside consistently and small guys just run around a lot.

I guess my point is that we shouldn't mock his notion because it really is very much doable if he has any brain at all.So maybe he has caught on,learned how to get inside safely and is ready to give it a go,idk,not likely but we will see soon enough.

12 hours ago, gadgets19 said:

I admit I fell for the Smith hype during 235.  Not that he would win but it would at least be competitive.  Beginning to feel the same about Santos.  I'm sure it will pass.

Never had illusions about Smith and I was very surprised he didnt get finished tbh.

I like Santos 'punchers chance' and I hope he does try to 'fight smart' because he will not out smart Jones on this game ... he just needs to go crazy and try that KO as early as possible if if for that it means he gets finished but he will still get more respect