Sign in to follow this  
OzStraya

Justin Willis successfully ducks BamBam

Ultimate Fighting Championship heavyweight Justin Willis has been abruptly released from his contract.

First reported by TSN on Friday, Willis (8-2, 4-1 UFC) is no longer under contract with the UFC. Recently, he was removed from the official UFC rankings list without explanation, and reportedly the promotion let him go because he turned down a fight.

According to his potential opponent, Willis was offered a fight against Walt Harris at UFC on ESPN 4 in San Antonio, Texas, and declined because he might not be able to make weight in time. On the MMA Roasted Podcast on Thursday, Harris said, "He had a chance to fight me on July 20, they offered him the contract and he told them he couldn’t make weight in two months…and so they cut him."

Willis has had trouble making weight in the past, as he was slated to face Marcin Tybura at UFC 208 in 2017 but was not medically cleared. In his statement on his Facebook page that day, he said, "Hey everyone, I want you to hear from me first, I did everything I could to make weight for the fight this weekend but due to the short notice my body shut down during the weight cut and the UFC doctors wouldn't clear me to fight."

Willis suffered his first loss inside the Octagon last March, losing the first decision of his career to Curtis Blaydes at UFC Fight Night 148. His four previous UFC outings had all gone his way, with "Big Pretty" emerging victorious against James Mulheron, Allen Crowder, Chase Sherman and Mark Hunt.

Following the announcement of his release, Willis spoke with MMA Junkie to dispute that he was released by the promotion. In his interview, he said, "It was a big miscommunication and a technical difficulty between me and the UFC. I'll put it like that. But everything has been worked out, and you will have a fight in the near future."
Read more at https://m.sherdog.com//www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-Heavyweight-Justin-Willis-Released-155279#L8ZVoPkUFm52CKTV.99

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-Heavyweight-Justin-Willis-Released-155279

LOL

unnamed (22).gif

• Like 4

When getting to 265lbs in 2 months becomes a problem, you’re gonna live a short life.  Dude is a walking poster boy for diabetes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Greasyrasta said:

When getting to 265lbs in 2 months becomes a problem, you’re gonna live a short life.  Dude is a walking poster boy for diabetes.

Wilfred Brimley wants to talk to Justin Willis about diabetus.

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 11:04 PM, Greasyrasta said:

Definitely. Don't get me wrong - here in the US, guys who weigh north of 265lbs are everywhere you look. We're the fattest country in the world by a wide margin. However, given these facts, it's absolutely inexcusable...

1. He's 6'1"... taller than average but not a skyscraper

2. He's not a bodybuilder or otherwise musclebound

3. He's a professional athlete (in the broadest sense)... it's his actual job to eat right and work out

He should be walking around under 265lb, not needing months to cut down to that weight. I wouldn't be surprised if his actual weight was somewhere north of 300lbs.

On the bright side, some state legislatures are beginning to cap prices on insulin.

• Like 1

Justin "Heston Blumenthal's London Restaraunt" Willis sucks. 

On 5/25/2019 at 5:04 AM, Greasyrasta said:

I remember watching him vs James Mulheron at the Glasgow card and honestly I felt like I would have looked like Yoel Romero next to either one of them lol 

17 minutes ago, carnages said:

Protecting DC from Willis 

That fat black duck is protecting himself from BamBam m8

51 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

That fat black duck is protecting himself from BamBam m8

I don't even know who that is

• Like 2

6 hours ago, carnages said:

I don't even know who that is

Casual confirmed