VertFTW

Weidman confirms hes going to LHW

39 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Scooped you in the event thread.  I even provided a source. 

Deservrs a separate thread

So a LHW finally decides to fight as a LHW? Sweet, now he can get ktfo by a new weight class of fighters and fade even further away. Sign me up!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well, first of all, lets keep it real .. he is a LHW. Not a big 205er but still a LHW imo.

Sometimes less weight cut can make wonders for a fighter and maybe that could be Weidman's case ? I always laugh my azz off when he loses BUT I gotta give it to him that he always starts his fights doing well but gets tired towards the end and lose so maybe the weight cut could be a problem ?

On the other hand, yeah Im not sure how he will handle heavier hitters lol

6 hours ago, skillandpower said:

Im not sure how he will handle heavier hitters lol

He'll handle it by continuing to get ktfo.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, GoToGuy said:

He'll handle it by continuing to get ktfo.

This.  

Hopefully he is talking about Bellator's LHW division.  

Or the UFC troll him and make him fight Luke first up bahaha 

Weedman will be taking the strap off Jones after taking a few heads on his way up. 

Still my boy.

He noticed there's very little resistance on his way to the title shot. He can probably beat bums like Volkan and Anthony Smith.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, OzStraya said:

This.  

Hopefully he is talking about Bellator's LHW division.  

Or the UFC troll him and make him fight Luke first up bahaha 

Or the UFC trolls him and make him fight Rumble on his way back lol

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, cashfl0w said:

He noticed there's very little resistance on his way to the title shot. He can probably beat bums like Volkan and Anthony Smith.

Anthony Smith is indeed a bum but he would penetrate Criedcan with ease and choke him unconscious inside two rounds 

Edited by OzStraya
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, OzStraya said:

Anthony Smith is indeed a bum but he would penetrate Criedcan with ease and choke him unconscious inside two rounds 

I don't know if you noticed, but Anthony Smith gets his **** kicked in every fight. He wins some, but he gets beat down for most of the fight.

Weidman can, and likely will, beat him. We can bet on it when it happens.

19 minutes ago, cashfl0w said:

I don't know if you noticed, but Anthony Smith gets his **** kicked in every fight. He wins some, but he gets beat down for most of the fight.

Weidman can, and likely will, beat him. We can bet on it when it happens.

Agreed.  Then he taps them out or knocks them out. Gus would flat out maul Criedcan and Smith took him out. I'm not a huge fan of Smith but facts are facts.  Post USADA Criedcan sucks. He's 1-4 and in the 1 he got knocked out and saved by the bell.    I truly hope they feel him to another MW who beat him before and moved up just so we can get rid of him for good.  

Edited by OzStraya

16 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

Agreed.  Then he taps them out or knocks them out. Gus would flat out maul Criedcan and Smith took him out. I'm not a huge fan of Smith but facts are facts.  Post USADA Criedcan sucks. He's 1-4 and in the 1 he got knocked out and saved by the bell.    I truly hope they feel him to another MW who beat him before and moved up just so we can get rid of him for good.  

Gus wouldn't flat out maul anybody. He loses to everybody worth a damn, he just spent years avoiding people who can prove it. He was barely winning the Smith fight when he managed to get choked. 

You can hate on Weidman all you want, but his losses aren't to total cans. His three losses recently are to people who fought for the title. Anthony Smith has losses to cans like Josh Neer. lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cashfl0w said:

Gus wouldn't flat out maul anybody. He loses to everybody worth a damn, he just spent years avoiding people who can prove it. He was barely winning the Smith fight when he managed to get choked. 

You can hate on Weidman all you want, but his losses aren't to total cans. His three losses recently are to people who fought for the title. Anthony Smith has losses to cans like Josh Neer. lol

Remember when I said I wasn't a huge fan of Smith? Still true. 

i hope the next celebrity death pool thread starts soon so i can pick chris weidman

Edited by -idyb-

21 hours ago, LayDownDead said:

this is the one of the most beautiful things ive ever seen. i give this post 4 likes

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

this is the one of the most beautiful things ive ever seen. i give this post 4 likes

Did this guy say something about shillary clinton or something? He's obviously the best new musician in decades and i never knew he existed.

17 hours ago, skillandpower said:

Rumble retired like 2 years ago, m8. I suggest you subscribe to the UFC unfiltered podcast to stay up to date.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, 12er© said:

Rumble retired like 2 years ago, m8. I suggest you subscribe to the UFC unfiltered podcast to stay up to date.

This doesn't change the fact that he could walk in and put Criedcan to death with one shot any time he likes.  (providing he can make weight obvs)

• Thanks 1

On 6/10/2019 at 2:29 AM, skillandpower said:

^^^ These, on both accounts.

Get past Rumble without getting your face beat off.

And definitely no cake for Weakcan unless he demolishes the **** holder.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sobercuban said:

Also never not funny.  I could watch Edmond's fighters flounder around for hours.  

Dat off key flute song gets me everytime. LMAO!

• Haha 2

On 6/10/2019 at 6:51 AM, cashfl0w said:

People still think Gus is good? You would think he was finally exposed to the dummies when he had to lay on that German dude, Jan 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, 12er© said:

Thank for the infro 12GOAT

I just wish he would come back

Kind of a "thread within a thread" but who do you guys think he should/will fight first at 205 ? Or who do you think he can beat at 205 right now ?

2 hours ago, skillandpower said:

Kind of a "thread within a thread" but who do you guys think he should/will fight first at 205 ? Or who do you think he can beat at 205 right now ?

Herman, Alvey, Craig, Rountree, Cutelaba, Cummins, or Villante would be a good entrance exam

2 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Cummins or Anderson would be good warmups or rockhold

Weidman vs Luke II would be nice after them both win their first fight at 205 imo.

Weidman vs Anderson sounds pretty reasonable

10 hours ago, VertFTW said:

Cummins or Anderson would be good warmups or rockhold

Cummins needs to be cut immediately.  He never belonged in the UFC 

2 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

Weidman/Rockhold 2 is the only fight that makes sense, IMO

I can't see the point really, two mw's who fought before moving up to test their mettle in a higher division, to fight against former mw's who are unproven in said division.  The winner has just beaten another MW who is unproven and doesn't increase their LHW chances at all.  

I do like the idea of a rematch. If only to see Criedcan get destroyed again,  but it doesn't do any for the division imo

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

I can't see the point really, two mw's who fought before moving up to test their mettle in a higher division, to fight against former mw's who are unproven in said division.  The winner has just beaten another MW who is unproven and doesn't increase their LHW chances at all.  

I do like the idea of a rematch. If only to see Criedcan get destroyed again,  but it doesn't do any for the division imo

I don't see the point in it either, I think the move to 205 is a terrible choice, no fights in the division make sense.  That was my least bad option.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

I agree with this BUT this fight is most likely what NewFC will make at 205.

They dont care for 'logical' fights. They only care for 'appealing fights' for the casuals who probably will be interested on it.

Also, lets keep it real, both guys also might prefer to fight each other instead of randoms.