Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OzStraya

Sooo anybody crash a hire car before?

Recommended Posts

So the Sunday just gone I hired a 7 seater SUV to go to my wedding venue with a few mates to do a tasting. 

Afterwards we're driving to another place, through the hills, in the wet, heading up hill on a fairly windy road.  

I'm approaching a blind corner when a car coming the other way comes out right in front of me,  at least 3/4 of this bishes car is in my lane. 

There was a small amount of space on the shoulder so I went for it to get around her but she still hit me.  We stopped.  I got out and saw she had impacted the middle of my car with her headlight and scraped down the side damaging the two drivers side doors.  

This Chinese bish gets out.  Speaks no fooking English at all.  I get her licence and it's an international drivers permit fml absolute cliche. Chinese bishes can NOT fooking drive for chit!!

 

We exchanged details,  took a heap of photos,  and left. I called the hire company who said if it's still drivable to return it at the normal time.  I submitted my police report then returned the car.  

 

The guy who received it said that Hertz' insurance would contact me,  and since it's the other drivers fault then they will be liable.  He didn't work in damages so wasn't sure if they pursue her through her own insurance or if they bill me directly then I chase her.  

 

Now I'm waiting for the call to the insurance.  

 

I paid via debit card thank fook. There was a $1000 bond plus hire costs.  Excess is $3800. If it was a CC and they were going to charge me it would have just been taken out of that I'm guessing then it would be up to me to pursue her insurer.  

 

 

Anyone been in this scenario?  

 

Here's the corner I was nearly fooking killed on,  her car is the silver piece of chit and mine is the one scraped down the side.  

 

You may have seen me post about working country fire service and emergency service and rescue.  I've responded to fatal crashes on corners in these hills with exactly the same scenario, if I didn't catch that gap it would have been head on and we'd have been fooked. I get how lucky I am but that doesn't mean I'm willing to get raped til it hertz

 

PS we drive on the left,  she came out of that corner straight at me in my fooking lane.  

 

IMG20190609145849.thumb.jpg.d15493818a989fe410142e550d56da5c.jpgIMG20190609145235.thumb.jpg.c6d5102415f62f31b14c9cf783d7c9b3.jpg

IMG20190609164935.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

... you know she speaks fluent English, 

5% of engrish langrige

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-that would never happen in Canada,

that happened to me back in Tenn., .. only it wasn't a blind curve, it was an apex and she never stopped .

... the last thing I remember is her surprised look, and a cellphone held to her ear-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bezerker101 said:

-that would never happen in Canada,

that happened to me back in Tenn., .. only it wasn't a blind curve, it was an apex and she never stopped .

... the last thing I remember is her surprised look, and a cellphone held to her ear-

I didn't even see that much,  I just saw big fking silver car swerving at me so I went into survival mode to get into that space and avoid the collision. Didn't even see the driver til they got out.  Was ready to throw someone off a cliff then is was Teemu's little sister so I calmed down a bit lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bezerker101 said:

-that would never happen in Canada,

 

 

you damn str8 m8. over here in canada we dont drive on the wrong side of the road.   the right lane is the right lane.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

 

you damn str8 m8. over here in canada we dont drive on the wrong side of the road.   the right lane is the right lane.

I've driven in your stupid country and your switching speed limits and 50km on a road you can safely go 110km so you can gtfo with that chit 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OzStraya said:

I didn't even see that much,  I just saw big fking silver car swerving at me so I went into survival mode to get into that space and avoid the collision. Didn't even see the driver til they got out.  Was ready to throw someone off a cliff then is was Teemu's little sister so I calmed down a bit lol

 

I jerked the wheel to the right, spun around, jumped the drainage ditch, backed through a pasture fence into a tree and 2 secs later

thel property  owner was yelling " you're gonna pay for that fence ! "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why you pay extra for the full insurance. As the guy told me if you come back with the car on its roof your covered, hopefully everything works out for you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This never would have happened if y'all drove in the right lane. 

Edited by StompGrind
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

The never would have happened if y'all drove in the right lane. 

I'm surprised you're proud of driving on the same side as European communists. 

All correct thinking countries drive on the left. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Bubba_Sparks said:

I'm surprised you're proud of driving on the same side as European communists. 

All correct thinking countries drive on the left. 

No i'm more proud we don't fully use the French revolutionary metric system like Europe's other communist countries. The west was won by the inch, foot, yard, and mile otherwise the terrorist win. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, StompGrind said:

No i'm more proud we don't fully use the French revolutionary metric system like Europe's other communist countries. The west was won by the inch, foot, yard, and mile otherwise the terrorist win. 

 

We use imperial too mate. I'm 6 foot tall and run 50 miles. Screw those garlic eating surrender monkeys. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I smashed into a rental car before. 

Was sitting at a stop sign at an intersection that desperately needed a traffic light, trying to make a left across traffic.  After 5+ minutes of zero opportunity to go, I decided I'd just say **** it at make a right.  

So, I made a right.  I made a right without even looking to see if anyone was in the right turn lane.  I floor it and smash into the thing and send the SUV rolling backwards down a long hill.  

I felt like a total moron.  At first I thought there were elderly people in there but out popped two guys in maybe their early 50s.  First thing the guy said was "don't worry, it's a rental car and I have to insurance".  These dudes were like some serious evangelical Christians from Alabama or something.  I mentioned something about seeing a bum 15 minutes prior with a giant sign that said "THE END IS HERE!" and one of the guys just decides to launch into a massive rant about Obama being "the dark prince" and "the devil" this and that.  I play along. 

Cool thing was, the guy wouldn't give my insurance adjuster any information and refused to say that the accident was my fault.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sobercuban said:

I smashed into a rental car before. 

Was sitting at a stop sign at an intersection that desperately needed a traffic light, trying to make a left across traffic.  After 5+ minutes of zero opportunity to go, I decided I'd just say **** it at make a right.  

So, I made a right.  I made a right without even looking to see if anyone was in the right turn lane.  I floor it and smash into the thing and send the SUV rolling backwards down a long hill.  

I felt like a total moron.  At first I thought there were elderly people in there but out popped two guys in maybe their early 50s.  First thing the guy said was "don't worry, it's a rental car and I have to insurance".  These dudes were like some serious evangelical Christians from Alabama or something.  I mentioned something about seeing a bum 15 minutes prior with a giant sign that said "THE END IS HERE!" and one of the guys just decides to launch into a massive rant about Obama being "the dark prince" and "the devil" this and that.  I play along. 

Cool thing was, the guy wouldn't give my insurance adjuster any information and refused to say that the accident was my fault.  

 

... was that you ?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, OzStraya said:

I've driven in your stupid country and your switching speed limits and 50km on a road you can safely go 110km so you can gtfo with that chit 

if youre driving in kilometers per hour in canada, then thats the problem. you have to drive in syrup per moose.

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, -idyb- said:

if youre driving in kilometers per hour in canada, then thats the problem. you have to drive in syrup per moose.

It was in Victoria, they're a bit confused,  ayy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sobercuban said:

I smashed into a rental car before. 

Was sitting at a stop sign at an intersection that desperately needed a traffic light, trying to make a left across traffic.  After 5+ minutes of zero opportunity to go, I decided I'd just say **** it at make a right.  

So, I made a right.  I made a right without even looking to see if anyone was in the right turn lane.  I floor it and smash into the thing and send the SUV rolling backwards down a long hill.  

I felt like a total moron.  At first I thought there were elderly people in there but out popped two guys in maybe their early 50s.  First thing the guy said was "don't worry, it's a rental car and I have to insurance".  These dudes were like some serious evangelical Christians from Alabama or something.  I mentioned something about seeing a bum 15 minutes prior with a giant sign that said "THE END IS HERE!" and one of the guys just decides to launch into a massive rant about Obama being "the dark prince" and "the devil" this and that.  I play along. 

Cool thing was, the guy wouldn't give my insurance adjuster any information and refused to say that the accident was my fault.  

FACTS.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, -idyb- said:

Victoria BC > Victoria Straya

This may be the first true thing you've ever said.  Congrats m8

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol idyb only speak the truth.   blind fanboys and haters are just too ignorant to accept it for what it is.  theyd rather spew fiction. idyb comes to spew facts.

and also to show his appreciation towards the greatest fighter in all of combat sports - georges st pierre, and to make sure the world stays informed on the latest GSP news and happenings.    that's the sole purpose for my existance on this planet. so i try to do a good job of keeping the rest of you forum felchers up to date in the world of GSP

Edited by -idyb-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody who has been to California knows the Chinese are running covert terrorism schemes on the interstate involving women driving erratically. Diane Feisnstein actually helped set the program up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

first week i had my car i was driving around the neighborhood and ended up behind a few cars at a light. the road was narrow so only one car at a time. houses on both sides of the road. i was stopped right in front of a drive way. i’m messing with the features in my car and i glance to my left. next thing i know i see a car flooring it out of the driveway. i freeze up. i can’t go back or forwards cuz there’s cars there. guy slams right into me full force, airbags deploy, windows break, the whole nine yards. i was fine except for a few cuts from the glass. i immediately jumped to the passenger side and got out. i go over to the car to lay into the guy but before i get there a 95 year old vet walks out and asks if i’m ok. i start screaming at the guy telling him i just got the car and that he shouldn’t be driving and ever other cliche i could think of. the other people on the road get out too and come over to me and tell me to sit on the curb while the cops come. eventually everything was sorted out and my insurance didn’t charge me because there was literally nothing i could do. 

moral of the story: sometimes **** happens 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×